DevoTheStrange said:
And if you are looking for the big deep exhales associated with the SSV maybe you just like the vapor that is produced at a much higher temps. Different temps produce different types of vapor.... and with the LB it all comes down to your draw speed to produce the desired temp you want. If your not getting visible vapor like you like, try inhaling much slower.
when i tried micro hittin thats when clouds happened 4 me)

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

lwien

mintberrycrunch said:
Dude yeah, of course there are different things people look for in a vaporizer but when a said vaporizer claims that you can use this device to vaporize then it should AT LEAST be able to do that.

I've used both the Launch Box and an Iolite. The iolite is a much better option.

There are many here who would disagree with that, unless one wants to use a portable as a party vape.

To imply that the LaunchBox does not vaporize is just not accurate for if that were the case, they would be a helluva lot more negative reviews than positive reviews, when in fact, the exact opposite is true.

lwien,

stuey

I would like a detailed explanation of how I am getting high from a vaporiser that dosen't vaporise.

Surely that means I don't actually need to put any herb into it.

stuey,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
I only get one rip with the MFLB and every hit after that is non existent.

I get at least 6-8

its going to be one of the following.

1. Your LB is faulty
2. You are drawing too fast.
3. You are not grinding finely enough.
4. Your weed is crap.

stuey,

lwien

mintberrycrunch said:
I only get one rip with the MFLB and every hit after that is non existent.

Non existent because you can't see it, or non existent because you can't feel the affects? If it's the latter, I would suggest that it is either user error or a faulty unit which is under full warranty, or as Stuey said above, bad herb.

There are just too many others who have had great experiences with the LB to suggest that there is something inherently wrong with the design.

lwien,

george

mintberrycrunch! great episode

The Launch box is great at producing vapor, maybe your box is defective? Maybe you just want to bash Magicflight?

george,

mintberrycrunch

I cannot feel the affects, I take that same amount I use for a trench and put it into a SSV and blow clouds for days or double the trench and throw it into a Extreme Q and I can get 7-8 BAGS, one bag being equivalent to all the vapors I can get from my MFLB.

I grind it till it's very fine and after a couple of hits I dump it out and break it up till it's a powder.

Yes, I can get the 6-8 hits(First hit with visible vapors and every hit after that with extremely little vapors and a feint taste) that you get with the MFLB (I don't think it's defective) but I will nowhere be at the level with other vapes.

Not trying to bash anyone, just feeling ripped off.

mintberrycrunch,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
I cannot feel the affects, I take that same amount I use for a trench and put it into a SSV and blow clouds for days or double the trench and throw it into a Extreme Q and I can get 7-8 BAGS, one bag being equivalent to all the vapors I can get from my MFLB.

I grind it till it's very fine and after a couple of hits I dump it out and break it up till it's a powder.

Yes, I can get the 6-8 hits(First hit with visible vapors and every hit after that with extremely little vapors and a feint taste) that you get with the MFLB (I don't think it's defective) but I will nowhere be at the level with other vapes.

My suggestion would be to use an Extreme Q as your desktop vape and only use the MFLB as a portable vape (as it is designed to be).

stuey,

mintberrycrunch

An Iolite gives me much better results then the MFLB.

Yes, that is the trade off having a more portable vape for less efficiency when comparing a desktop to a portable vaporizer.

This thing is a toy, it runs on a battery and it'll just heat up as hot as you leave the battery plugged in to the point of combustion. An Iolite has a set temperature that won't ever reach that point.

mintberrycrunch,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
An Iolite gives me much better results then the MFLB.

Yes, that is the trade off having a more portable vape for less efficiency when comparing a desktop to a portable vaporizer.

This thing is a toy, it runs on a battery and it'll just heat up as hot as you leave the battery plugged in to the point of combustion. An Iolite has a set temperature that won't ever reach that point.

Then use your Iolite.

stuey,

mintberrycrunch

I thought this was a discussion board. I am open to hear what different methods people have.

I was trying to give the MFLB a chance, I don't understand why you're so offended.

mintberrycrunch,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well in order to determine that, gotta figure out which method you are using first.
when using the LB how is your draw speed compared to the iolite?
I know I have to use a draw speed on the LB that is several times slower than what I did with my iolite

DevoTheStrange,

stuey

mintberrycrunch said:
I thought this was a discussion board. I am open to hear what different methods people have.

I was trying to give the MFLB a chance, I don't understand why you're so offended.

Im not offended.

So far all you have done is say it dosent work.

I have outlined the 4 main reasons why it might not be working, and you replied that you are sure that you are drawing correctly, your weed is fine, the grind is fine enough and that the LB is not faulty.

That being the case, it would appear that the LB dosent suit you. No amount of discussion will change that.

stuey,

lwien

mintberrycrunch said:

Well, you said, "This thing is a toy", but to many, they find it a very useful "tool" to help deal with their medical conditions, such as Vicki here, so I suggest that rather than denigrating a vape, you stick to trying to find out how you can get the best use from it, and if you do that, you will offend no one.

lwien,

upriver

combustion-free
Complaints like this seem to rise and fall like tides on this forum. Logic rarely works in these cases, but props to you patient souls for attempting it anyway.

I use an SSV as well, and a given ammount of herb goes MUCH farther in the MFLB. As noted above though, the SSV is capable of giving a hotter hit, which is more visible and more similar to smoking, but exactly not what many medical/health conscious users want. I like to dial my SSV very low, to also produce close to "invisible" vapors. This provides the best taste and the clearest effect. Its is not very similar to smoking though, and will not satisfy someone looking for an electronic bonghit.

The MFLB works exactly as advertised. So does the SSV. So does the iOlite. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. My only complaint with the MFLB is that the batteries are spotty, but you'll see from my above posts that I bought some crappy ones. In other words, my fault, not the Box's. After using the c9000, all my LB-supplied batteries are now running perfectly again. I'd almost say the c9000 (or similar) is mandatory for a serious user. Some complain about the price, but I found it on ebay for less than $50 new, making the whole kit $160... much less than an SSV and still less than an iolite. So its still the best value out there, and hands down the stealthiest portable. As mentioned already, the MFLB was never intended to be a primary unit, and it is just testament to its effectiveness that it serves as one for so many. In fact, I often favor it over my SSV - largely because of the no waiting for warmup, and I can grab it and take it around the house instead of being tethered by the power cord. As you get used to the subtle art of vaping, you'll realize that it often takes 10 minutes to know if you want to boost or not. Having the MFLB in the pocket for a boost is a really nice option, better than sitting by the SSV.

The battery heat issue is no longer a problem with the push-back rings. Its is physically impossible for the battery to heat up unintentionally. The SSV, on the other hand, sits there for hours if you let it, being way hotter than the MFLB can ever get. Its far more of a hazard in my mind.

It certainly sounds like you either have a defective unit or you are unwilling to learn the technique. I simply don't believe that my wonderfully positive MFLB experience, as well as the many others on here, are the exceptions to the truth that this thing is a "ripoff". I find it one of the best purchases I have ever made.

As for the forum being biased, who knows. The discussion in this thread about the MFLB has been extremely balanced and accurate and very useful for learning to use this admittedly unique device. The exception are the occasional people who come in here with some bizarre axe to grind. I tend to assume they are shills for Mega-Vape Company.

upriver,

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
My little box just moved up another notch in my book!

I was at my parents house this weekend, and i most definitely vaped a trench while they were in the room next to mine.

BEST BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T SMELL DAT SHIT

fuckyourcouch,

vapirtoo

If your herbs are very aromatic, they may smell it before
you do anything. :cool:
I sometimes hit the box outside two or three quick pulls
to weaken the smell then I can go inside and hit it again
in full stealth mode. :brow: :ko:
Be careful!!

vapirtoo,

fuckyourcouch

mintberrycrunch said:

Don't worry, people here get really anal when you share your opinion here about the MFLB that doesn't match up with it being some sort of god like product. I think they are just aware that the MFLB creaters read this website and reference it, so they just have to make sure it's so positive! They so honored that the creators love FC so much! Honestly there's just a lot of ass kissing that happens at this forum. But i do love my MFLB.

fuckyourcouch,

fuckyourcouch

vapirtoo said:
If your herbs are very aromatic, they may smell it before
you do anything. :cool:
I sometimes hit the box outside two or three quick pulls
to weaken the smell then I can go inside and hit it again
in full stealth mode. :brow: :ko:
Be careful!!

Yup my friend said the only smell was just the actual weed it's self. But holding the hits in and blowing them out the window worked fine. Seriously if you live in a college dorm or with your parents, this thing kicks ass.

fuckyourcouch,

lwien

fuckyourcouch said:
Don't worry, people here get really anal when you share your opinion here about the MFLB that doesn't match up with it being some sort of god like product. I think they are just aware that the MFLB creaters read this website and reference it, so they just have to make sure it's so positive! They so honored that the creators love FC so much! Honestly there's just a lot of ass kissing that happens at this forum. But i do love my MFLB.

Um..........I don't see it this way at all. While there are members here that feel passionate about their LB's, there are also members here who will question ANY of the popular vapes, regardless of visibility of the manufacturers here, and I am one of those members. I ran MagicFlight through the ringer when they first came out with their product, as well as questioning the possible health issues of my favorite vape, which happens to be one of the most popular vapes here on this site.

I don't see it as ass kissing at all. I see it as either those who really like their product along with those that don't along with those that do but have some questions.

While there are some subjective things going on here, I believe that there is more objectivity here at FC than just about anyplace else.

lwien,

toadyfatz

mintberrycrunch said:
Dude yeah, of course there are different things people look for in a vaporizer but when a said vaporizer claims that you can use this device to vaporize then it should AT LEAST be able to do that.

I've used both the Launch Box and an Iolite. The iolite is a much better option.

Interesting....my LB produces plenty of vapor when I want it to. Bad box or you are not using it correctly. I've got an Iolite also and it does fine, but when I received my LB the Iolite went into rest mode! Everyone is different so maybe it isn't for you....It works great for many folks so I don't see the reason to completely trash it like this....I'm sure MF would appreciate you contacting them with issues first...

toadyfatz,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
mintberrycrunch, please go back and read the following note from a very patient and generous mod:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=96917#p96917

Then, please read the forum rules
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/misc.php?action=rules

If you can't play nice you won't be playing here much longer.

fuckyourcouch said:
Honestly there's just a lot of ass kissing that happens at this forum.
Satisfied customers are not "ass kissers". Please visit the rules link posted above and you'll see that such comments are not welcome.

upriver said:
Complaints like this seem to rise and fall like tides on this forum. Logic rarely works in these cases, but props to you patient souls for attempting it anyway.
Yes, thank you to everyone for being so patient. Remember to save yourself the hassle and save the the thread from going off topic by reporting rule-breaking posts. :)

AncientAuntie said:
I had planned to trash the box before heading back to the USA, ($4 a day to use & toss), but at MFLB's suggestion, gave it to a young woman with MS on my last night in Amsterdam. (They suggeested I try to find a medical user....right on. Win-win.
:tup:
Great posts like yours provide a much welcome contrast to some of the intermittent negativity we get here. Thanks!

vtac,
Top Bottom