herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes...
for owners of the maha c9000 charger....
at what point do you decide that a battery is no longer strong enough for the mflb? 1500 mah? 1800mah?

the ones that are in the 1800s seem to have a little less juice in them, but they are still usable - sort of - it takes 2 batteries to a trench instead of 1. i'm pretty frugal so i'm ok with this, but i do find that i prefer the more powerful batteries for the evening trench as they seem to run not only longer but hotter.

thoughts?

herbgirl,

reece

herbgirl, magic flight recommends battteries be at least 2000 mah. If mine go below that, I try to bring 'em back. If not, I toss them. Have you tried refresh and analyze or break in recently?

reece,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
reece said:
herbgirl, magic flight recommends battteries be at least 2000 mah. If mine go below that, I try to bring 'em back. If not, I toss them. Have you tried refresh and analyze or break in recently?

I've been saving my lower MAH batteries for cleaning the LB. There seems to be enough juice left in them to handle that minor task. :)

Vicki,

reece

Vicki said:
reece said:

I've been saving my lower MAH batteries for cleaning the LB. There seems to be enough juice left in them to handle that minor task. :)

Ooh, never thought of that. I think I still have my old batts in a bag for recycling. Awesome, thanks.

reece,

hanfhead

is high
Vicki said:

/\ I have been doing this too.

Also, if you search for heat shrink battery labels you can buy tubes that you slide over the battery and use a heatgun to shrink it on like new. I am going try and find a roll and save mine for rechargeable remote batteries.

hanfhead,

rayski

hanfhead said:
/\ I have been doing this too.

Also, if you search for heat shrink battery labels you can buy tubes that you slide over the battery and use a heatgun to shrink it on like new. I am going try and find a roll and save mine for rechargeable remote batteries.
I put electrical tape around some of my old batteries. No problems yet using them in a remote thermometer.

rayski,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
is ISO bad for you if it isn't burned off all the way? I am just curious, cuz what if i clean it with the brush and ISO but after i burn it off doesn't get it completely off?

ya know lol

Elluzion,

1nvnx3

Hello, I'm currently considering buying a MFLB. Do the new models come in a metal case or a velvet bag?
Also, i have been thinking about buying it from vaporizers.ca but when I asked them about the light that indicates that the battery has made contact they replied that it usually disconnects but that it does not affect the vaporizing process. How does your warranty covers this issue? Do you cover it at all?

1nvnx3,
Elluzion said:
is ISO bad for you if it isn't burned off all the way? I am just curious, cuz what if i clean it with the brush and ISO but after i burn it off doesn't get it completely off?

ya know lol

Rubbing alcohol has wood poison put in so that you'll have horrible vomiting if you drink it. This way it can't be taxed as alcohol since it is soundly, roundly unfit for human consumption.

So I have huge concerns about the iso sticking around, or with extracts made with iso. It seems like ethanol does the job 100% as well and it isn't laced with Fing poison.

Starting to get to the point where I need to clean the MFLB. I've started to brush out the screen after every trench, run a battery for 5 seconds, then cool down and brush again before doing a fresh one.

Fresh battery for every trench, if you have them available, always.

charliedontsurf,

Rash

I never heard of poison being added in rubbing alcohol, I thought it was just distilled water and ethanol or isopropyl alcohol. Did it say on the label? The alcohol itself would evaporate very quickly so you don't need to worry about that. I use medical grade ethanol and it works great.

Rash,

Qbit

cannabanana
charliedontsurf said:
Elluzion said:

ya know lol

Rubbing alcohol has wood poison put in so that you'll have horrible vomiting if you drink it. This way it can't be taxed as alcohol since it is soundly, roundly unfit for human consumption.

So I have huge concerns about the iso sticking around, or with extracts made with iso. It seems like ethanol does the job 100% as well and it isn't laced with Fing poison.

Isopropanol is poison - it's a totally different type of alcohol from ethanol, which is the drinking kind. However, you need about 15g of it to get a toxic reaction, so, even if it didn't evaporate as it does, you wouldn't be getting anywhere near enough of it in your system from extracts or paraphernalia cleaning.

Qbit,

george

1nvnx3 said:
Hello, I'm currently considering buying a MFLB. Do the new models come in a metal case or a velvet bag?

The kit comes with a velvet bag (or two), and the tin case. The launchbox and velvet are in the tin. along with other things.

george,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Rash said:
I never heard of poison being added in rubbing alcohol, I thought it was just distilled water and ethanol or isopropyl alcohol. Did it say on the label? The alcohol itself would evaporate very quickly so you don't need to worry about that. I use medical grade ethanol and it works great.

Hey Rash, where do you buy medical grade ethanol?

DeepFried,

chucku

Charles Urbane
DeepFried said:
Rash said:

Hey Rash, where do you buy medical grade ethanol?

Medical grade ethanol=everclear? I use both everclear (75.5%) and Polish grain alcohol (96%). AFAIK these are the only cleaning solvents safe to consume. I remove residual alcohol by burning it off (of my VG bat). The remaining solution is used to make electric bloody marys.

chucku,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
reece said:

i've run a few refresh cycles on some i have like 16, eneloops, energizers that came w/ the 15 min charger and the two that came with the box, but mostly they are staying under 2000. guess it's time to retire some of them to remote duty.
since they are peeled, i don't know which brand is which, but i suspect that it's the energizer ones that are losing juice fast

herbgirl,

stuey

Does this sound fair?

I contacted blissVille to purchace the push-back ring.

I was told they could ship it for $1.25 + the 80c cost of the ring, to the UK

I have just had an email saying that they now charge $5 to ship it.

It seems a little excessive charging $5 to ship an 80c item.. do you think thats fair?

stuey,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
stuey said:
Does this sound fair?

I contacted blissVille to purchace the push-back ring.

I was told they could ship it for $1.25 + the 80c cost of the ring, to the UK

I have just had an email saying that they now charge $5 to ship it.

It seems a little excessive charging $5 to ship an 80c item.. do you think thats fair?

I guess that would depend on how badly you want it, and if you can even get the part locally.

Vicki,

stuey

So you think its OK to quote someone a price, have them agree and then put the price up to an unreasonable level at a later time?

stuey,

stuey

Just got an email back from them.

They have agreed to do it for $1.25 as that's what the originality quoted.

That was really good of them :)

stuey,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
stuey said:
So you think its OK to quote someone a price, have them agree and then put the price up to an unreasonable level at a later time?

I didn't say that. I'm glad you resolved your problem. :)

Vicki,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
So i want to try and clear something up.

Sometimes my vapor hits "hurt" more than other times, is this normal? is it just because I am holding them deeply in? Does it depend on the heat I inhale at?

Thanks!

Elluzion,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Elluzion said:
So i want to try and clear something up.

Sometimes my vapor hits "hurt" more than other times, is this normal? is it just because I am holding them deeply in? Does it depend on the heat I inhale at?

Thanks!

The temp of the trench is based on how much/fast you draw. Slower draw = higher temp

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom