torres09

The 2700's are a snug fit and last for ages. I'm up to my third trench and it's still going strong.

I'm still amazed by how efficient the mflb is. The amount of herb I used to put into 1 joint would have been at least 3 trenches and I prefer the vape high anyway, feels less dirty :p

torres09,

cluffy

Vaker
I'm with the fine grinders, and it grinds finer when it's dry. My MFLB has mellowed since i got it, i can take a good 30 second hit without combustion, but it probably would combust if i wasn't drawing. This is only true with an ABU battery. (Already Been Used??) :-P A fresh battery will still make the LB toast the trench if I'm not suckin'.:ko:

cluffy,

toadyfatz

Rash said:
Is there anyone that has a two piece space case grinder? Do they grind the herb small enough? Also, does the black (titanium coated) space case grinders work better than the normal aluminum ones?

Two words....coffee grinder....I used both types of grinders you are speaking of and it took WAY too much work to get the grind where it needed to be. Coffee Grinder=no effort and fine grind! Save yourself the headache imo....

toadyfatz,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
torres09 said:
how often do you guys clean your box. do you wipe the mesh with anything?
I clean it after every use. I blow on it, then use the brush it came with. Takes about 3 seconds and keeps it looking and smoking nice.

CombustionJunction,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
rgdfilms said:
I just got my Magic Flight a few days ago. I love the thing. The two batteries that I got with it work really well. I ordered an 8 pack of the Eneloops. I received them today and peeled a label off of one. I used tape to get the gunk off. I put it into the MB and the light DID NOT come on. I put the peeled new battery on the supplied MB charger and waited. After charging, the battery DID work but it had a really loose connection. if I turned the battery a bit, the light would get brighter and I assume hotter, if I turned it a little that way, the unit would shut off. Really disappointing. Also, I don't have time to really search through 209 pages of a forum to find out if other people have had this issue. What to do. Order some 2700s? Are they going to have the same problem? Magic Flight says they use Eneloops, yet I noticed that the nipples were different between the ones I bought off Amazon and the ones shipped with my MB.

Magic-Flight hasn't used Eneloops for some time. They are currently shipping with Maha Energy Powerex Imedions, which incidentally tests have shown is one of (if not the) top performer in NiMH batteries.

When Magic-Flight changed battery suppliers, they adjusted the tension of the copper contact ring. Here's what will be in the new Vaporpedia page on this subject (if I ever manage to get logged back in):

Why don't my peeled batteries don't fit snugly?

There are small but significant diameter variations between various manufacturers. As well, because Magic-Flight has had to switch battery suppliers, they have also had to adjust the tension of the copper contact ring accordingly. The result is that it is difficult to know which batteries will fit snugly in your particular Box. Batteries from some manufacturers will feel a little loose. This might be annoying but it doesn't interfere with use of the Box.

To operate properly, the battery need only contact the copper contact ring; a snug fit isn't necessary. To achieve this, some users find it helpful to twist the battery slightly after insertion. You can also look into the battery insertion hole while holding the end of the box at right angles and see where the copper ring intrudes slightly into the opening. When the battery is inserted, you can gently pull the battery in the correct direction to make the best contact.

Can I leave part of the label on or wrap tape around the battery to make it snug?

You can do either of those things but the battery casing must be exposed to the copper contact ring. Since it is the tension in this ring that makes the difference between a snug or loose fit, the only solution is switching to a battery that fits.

Can the copper contact ring be safety bent or pushed to be a little tighter?

It is possible--but very difficult--for someone to adjust the ring. Magic-Flight uses a press with a special fixture to make the adjustment, and generally suggests that users treat this as a warranty issue. They will be glad to recycle or re-adjust your existing units and/or send a replacement for a Box that is otherwise unusable (ie making no contact, regardless of battery used).

If you would like to attempt to make the adjustment, most often the best bet is to push the entire ring upwards from the bottom of the Box towards the lid side, with the lid open. Use a vice and a tool with a flat edge that can press with an even, gradually increasing pressure on the center of the bottom of the ring. The idea is to treat the entire ring as a unit, rather than to change the size/diameter of the ring itself. The main risk is not applying the adjustment force exactly perpendicular to the bottom of the Box at the center of the ring. If the ring moves at all forward or backward (rather than just up or down), the screen will be displaced and potentially damaged as the rod slides. Also, just the right level of force is necessary--too much and the ring will either become too small or be moved too far out of position--at which point, an opposite adjustment must be attempted. Above all else, please be safe--think about what you are doing before you do it.

If you have a Box that is not working due to this issue, and you attempt to make the adjustment and further damage the Box, please let Magic-Flight know so that they can send you a new Box.

pakalolo,

BillieBudd

pakalolo..
If the rest of your posts are as informative and well written as this one, you will be doing all of us a great service...I hope you get back into the site soon and keep up the good work...

BillieBudd,

Qbit

cannabanana
Chronic said:
It depends on the customs bro, if it gets through customs then its cheaper, if not it ends up being more expensive, the only thing we allow for free is books i think.

Fair enough - I didn't know that.

I just tried it out & its great, got me real nice, first toke smelled/tasted amazing, if anything its too good at what it does as it heats up really fast!
5 Seconds has my green turning black, so for me its more 3 seconds & start toking/pull the battery out, im not that bothered about the wood being chipped its just a lot of to drop on such a small piece so had to give it a once over when it arrived

The batteries i got seemed to work straight away, but still light up red in the charger so im leaving em in there til later...

If you're blackening your weed easily, you might as well use them at whatever charge they're at rather than beef them up even more. Besides, it's best to drain your batteries before recharging.

Mind you, your box will probably mellow out and cool down over the next little while. And yeah sorry to hear about the chipped part. I take it it isn't a functionality issue though, but I hope it's not too unsightly.

I also bought a Maha c900 & 8x2500mah powerx batteries that should arrive soon :brow:

Yeah nice, you'll like that kit. And great for any other AA or AAA powered devices you might have of course (though you'd need different, unpeeled batteries for them).

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
BillieBudd said:
pakalolo..
If the rest of your posts are as informative and well written as this one, you will be doing all of us a great service...I hope you get back into the site soon and keep up the good work...

I agree. Pakalolo, you could more or less copy and paste that stuff straight to Vaporpedia.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vicki said:
I'm pretty sure pakalolo copied and pasted that from the Vaporpedia entry. :)

Actually no, I've just scanned through, and it's either new material, or taken from earlier posts on this thread.

Qbit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Qbit said:
Actually no, I've just scanned through, and it's either new material, or taken from earlier posts on this thread.

I created a new login ID and I just posted a new Vaporpedia entry for the MFLB at http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box. That's where that material came from.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I explain at the top of the page how I created the content. Basically, it is about 80% slightly edited text from various magicflight posts. Fortunately for all of us, he writes well and it was easy to edit. (I am a writer/editor by trade.) I will modestly claim credit for some of the writing but I doubt anyone will be able to tell my contributions from his. ;)

Please take a look. Comments, suggestions for additions, and especially corrections are welcome. Ideally, people will create logins and edit it themselves, but at least let me know if something needs fixing.

There is a huge amount of great information on that page, mostly thanks to magicflight. Reading all his posts so that I could make the page was educational, rewarding, and highly (okay kill me for the bad pun) enjoyable.

pakalolo,

rofly1

i just received my mflb in the past couple of weeks and still trying to become better with it. does anyone know exactly the power of the batteries? the best i could find is 2000 mAh or greater. are they 2700?
thx

rofly1,

Qbit

cannabanana
Wow, sensational work Pakalolo. To say that the MFLB entry is now clearly the best on Vaporpedia would be just stating the obvious.

Qbit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Qbit said:
Wow, sensational work Pakalolo. To say that the MFLB entry is now clearly the best on Vaporpedia would be just stating the obvious.

Why thank you. Editing magicflight isn't too hard, and he has given us an enormous amount of great information.

I just wish I could reclaim my original login... :(

pakalolo,

Qbit

cannabanana
pakalolo said:
Qbit said:

Why thank you. Editing magicflight isn't too hard, and he has given us an enormous amount of great information.

Of course. In fact, after checking through the site, it would seem that the total content of Vaporpedia has just increased severalfold.

I just wish I could reclaim my original login... :(

Damn. But then, does it matter that much?

Qbit,

rgdfilms

Damnit. Sounds like I wasted $20 on these Eneloops then

Question, do the Maha 2700'batteries fit as snugly as the Maha 2400 batteries that they are default using in this thing? Reason I ask is because Amazon is offering the C9000 + 4 Maha 2700 batteries for $64. Is that a good deal? Will they fit? Cheers

Oh BTW. I've had a Volcano for 4 years and I think the MF is better in every way!!

rgdfilms,

vapedg13

rgdfilms said:
Oh BTW. I've had a Volcano for 4 years and I think the MF is better in every way!!

:lol: :lol: ...right ....there is no comparing the 2... the volcano is a medical grade vaporizer

vapedg13,

rgdfilms

What batteries are people getting? I am tempted to just buy a set like the ones that came with the unit since they work so well Please help me not waste more money!!

rgdfilms,

trystlb

if you have a slap chop lying around you can use that as a grinder. it gets the goodies super fine. even better than a coffee grinder :)

trystlb,

max

Out to lunch
rgdfilms said:
What batteries are people getting? I am tempted to just buy a set like the ones that came with the unit since they work so well Please help me not waste more money!!
I understand that MF is now using MAHA Imedions (low discharge). Both those and the regular MAHA Powerex 2700mAh bats are top quality and likely to fit well in the box. http://www.thomasdistributing.com/ has good prices and selection. If you're interested in a charger with more features, they have packages that include 4 of the 2700s in with the MAHA chargers.

if you have a slap chop lying around you can use that as a grinder. it gets the goodies super fine. even better than a coffee grinder
I've used one of these (not for herb) and I think it would take a whole lot of slapping to get the uniform consistency that a coffee grinder would provide with just the press of a button.

max,

Cannibearus

I love my LB, but the screen has gotten dirty. It's stained reddish brown and has a few dark spots at bottom of trench due to combustion I think, also there are some dark spots which are most likely from the amber glass I tried to vape.

It seems crazy to me that MF says there is no need to clean the screen as it wont get dirty, am I just using my box incorrectly?

Cannibearus,
Top Bottom