jasho

Thanks, great info, but it doesn't address fit issues with the LB! What's your preferred battery?

jasho,

steven22

Hey guys, I want to make a couple purchases to make my LB experience better.

first off, I think iv decided on getting a coffee grinder... simple because, I have 3 , three piece grinders and they dont grinder fine enough, I end up using the shot glass scissor method which is really tedious.

I dont want another hand grinder, because I already have plenty of those and I have never tried a coffee grinder for bud yet. it seems easier than scissors and hand grinders , and it grinds down to LB grade with ease.

now, at the local walmart there is a "hamilton beach custom grind" for $15 and Mr coffee fancier looking one for $18... didnt find any $6 ones that others mentioned in this thread at walmart or brandsmart.

I want one that will grind small amounts into dust, and does a great job of collecting keif. (btw, where does the keif get collected on these coffee grinder?.. on the lid?

-----------------------

next, my original batteries are weak now, and I want to get a new pack of batteries on the cheap.
Walmart has rayovac platinum series rechargeable ones for $9.** 4 pack. good enough?... great?

I dont want to shell out for a c9000 even though im sure they will revive my original batts.

steven22,

sundaddy

jasho said:
Yikes! Great thread! The LB is my second vape. The first was a Vapor Cannon and a royal pain IMO. I sold it on ebay. I was about to pull the pin on a iolite until I found the LB. WOW I'm very happy. This is the first herb device I've been excited about since I discovered brass lamp parts in 1968.

The only issue I have is batteries. I've charged and tried (peeled) 6 Energizer NiMH and they don't work! Ideas? I've read through 70 pages so far and have not found a list of preferred batteries. I'd like to find a brand locally, or should I just try Powerex? They seem to be mentioned often.
Maybe just quit being so frugal and buy them from blissville? (retired disabled and needing to save $ whenever possible)

I feel you bro. Here's what worked for me. Bought the Duracell 15 min charger that comes with 4 batteries, works great, batteries peeled effortlessly with no residue. Then I bought some Energizers to go in the charger, peeled easily but they sucked. Finally found Energizers that work great, but the packaging was different than the others. The pack has a bunny on the front, bottom right corner, it also has a 4x in pink on the left side, and says NEW and NOUVEAU on the top right. These were a bitch to peel and had all kinds of adhesive I had to use GooGone on, but they work great. Also, buy them from a store that has good turn around (WallyWorld) you don't want some that's set on a drug store shelf for the last 5 years. Good Luck

sundaddy,

OC513

Dabaholic
OC513,

toadyfatz

steven22 said:
Hey guys, I want to make a couple purchases to make my LB experience better.

first off, I think iv decided on getting a coffee grinder... simple because, I have 3 , three piece grinders and they dont grinder fine enough, I end up using the shot glass scissor method which is really tedious.

I dont want another hand grinder, because I already have plenty of those and I have never tried a coffee grinder for bud yet. it seems easier than scissors and hand grinders , and it grinds down to LB grade with ease.

now, at the local walmart there is a "hamilton beach custom grind" for $15 and Mr coffee fancier looking one for $18... didnt find any $6 ones that others mentioned in this thread at walmart or brandsmart.

I want one that will grind small amounts into dust, and does a great job of collecting keif. (btw, where does the keif get collected on these coffee grinder?.. on the lid?

-----------------------

next, my original batteries are weak now, and I want to get a new pack of batteries on the cheap.
Walmart has rayovac platinum series rechargeable ones for $9.** 4 pack. good enough?... great?

I dont want to shell out for a c9000 even though im sure they will revive my original batts.

I ended up with this coffee grinder and I love it. I got it a bed bath and beyond, but you can just order it online....A little more expensive than some, but it does great at collecting kief in the ridges in the clear plastic top. You can kind of see the ridges in the big picture of it here: http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-Grin...r_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1284592202&sr=1-2

toadyfatz,

steven22

can people explain this new O ring model?... I dont believe I have it (14xxxx) ... and I cant find any information on google that tells me more about it

what does it do?... should I buy one?... can I add it to my non O ring kind?

steven22,

toadyfatz

toadyfatz,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Just ordered the MFLB through Puffitup.com,

I got a really good deal!

MFLB + Small 2pc. Space Case + Extra Batteries = Can't Wait!!!!!!!

Can't wait to get it! Now I just need some ganja... hmmm :p

Elluzion,

steiner666

Serial vapist
So, i havent been following this thread for a few months and i was just wondering a couple things:

first, has there been any update on the power adapter? I'd love to be able to just have an adapter to fall back on, it would make the LB a much more reliable and stand-alone vape. Actually it would make it really reliable since you could use adapter if your batteries arent charged or use batteries if the powers out or of course if you're not near one. I use LBs most in vehicles, so a car adapter would be awesome IMO, although i'd settle for an AC adapter and just use an inverter with it in the car.

second, has there been any more info on what the screen ring is made out of? I had problems with LBs in the past with herb getting between screen and wood around the edges, and with screen coming out of groove, so some sort of seal sounds like a good idea. But it just seems like it would be getting pretty hot because of all the conduction and how close it is to heat source...

steiner666,

Qbit

cannabanana
wilf789 said:
magicflight said:
Qbit said:
Look at the top of the page where it says 'Vaporpedia'. :)

Ah -- great place for it! Thanks! Look at something too long and you no longer see it for what it is.

Does anyone have some time to put together some sort of summary of this thread by page? I was thinking of some sort bullet list where each entry of the form is "Talked about topic T on page X, Y, Z...". It would be helpful to refer new readers to the appropriate wikipedia page as a faster/easier way to get basic questions answered.

Agreed! As someone about to buy the MFLB I obviously want to buy the most suitable batteries and chargers to optimise the purchase. However you don't want to annoy everyone by asking the same question for the 1000th time, but you also aren't particularly thrilled about having to read through 200 pages to find some answers.

Some indexing, especially regarding the batteries/chargers and usage technique tips, would be much appreciated if it's possible.

Actually the idea of having on Vaporpedia links to posts on FC would be great if it were possible to link directly to specific posts, but at the moment the forum software doesn't seem to have individual post links. Maybe we should hassle Vtac about it.

Qbit,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Qbit:

I didn't want to bring this up because it will put pressure on me to finish it, but...

I've saved out all magicflight's posts and used them to compile a set of questions and answers. I've been frustrated by the repetitive questions for a while and it was my thought to use this to update the Vaporpedia page. I still have to organize it better and fill in some gaps. I did not originally plan to annotate it with links back to the original posts, partly because some answers are blended from more than one post. Linking back is a good idea, but I think it will have to wait for v2.

Since it is about 85% magicflight's original writing, I think it is only fair to give him the chance to review it before I post it. Unless, of course, he doesn't want to. I am not quite ready to submit it to him yet, though. Real Soon Now.

pakalolo,

spacelooper

I recently purchased a MFLB and I too have problems with it turning the herb black. This is not my first vape and am aware of draw times etc. No matter how I slice it I always get back areas. This is a problem I never have with the silver surfer. I was curious if anyone on here actually had this problem, returned the unit, got a new unit and the problem was fixed. I read this thread for quite awhile and never found if this had happened before. I would really be jazzed about this vape if it didn't scorch the herb.Would greatly appreciate any info on this or if these are just likely to burn.

spacelooper,

Qbit

cannabanana
pakalolo said:
Qbit:

I didn't want to bring this up because it will put pressure on me to finish it, but...

I've saved out all magicflight's posts and used them to compile a set of questions and answers. I've been frustrated by the repetitive questions for a while and it was my thought to use this to update the Vaporpedia page. I still have to organize it better and fill in some gaps. I did not originally plan to annotate it with links back to the original posts, partly because some answers are blended from more than one post. Linking back is a good idea, but I think it will have to wait for v2.

Since it is about 85% magicflight's original writing, I think it is only fair to give him the chance to review it before I post it. Unless, of course, he doesn't want to. I am not quite ready to submit it to him yet, though. Real Soon Now.

Very nice. I'm sure MF will respond. Mind you, don't feel you have to do it all at once. Vaporpedia is a constant work in progress, and anything is better than nothing.

Qbit,
spaceloo try a fine grind & shake box well after every hit, b sure herb isn't stuck on trench bottom. if mflb is nu it may run hot 4 little while

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

fixitman

vapedg13 said:
Well I was informed that someone sold the LB manufature faulty batteries....got some new ones on the way...mabey they were juicin the LB to much :peace:

vapedg13 had the charring issue and was told faulty batteries. hope he returns to let us know if the replacement batts changed the game.

oh

long time lurker first time poster.

fixitman,

Rose

I'm new to this website, but I found this thread and read through most of it and felt that I had to make a contribution.

My boyfriend recently gave me a Magic Flight Launch Box for my birthday a few weeks back. I was quite excited because I decided to not renew my lease and move onto campus to live this year and I had been really worried about what that meant to my smoking. I smoke frequently enough that keeping it hidden from dormmates (boo to living in the conservative south) would be a pretty difficult hassle, and this is something that I take very seriously.

I was somewhat skeptical when I examined it. While I was pleased with how it was put together -- I really found the wood finish charming and there's this homemade feeling that's really pleasant --, I had only had a single experience with vaporizing before with a friend's Volcano and it didn't really wow me. There was a lot of internet heresay I read about too when I did a little research about vaporizing in general. It was a present though and I was still hopeful. It's really a clever little device to look at.

As far as stealthiness goes, I've never found anything better. I like to paint when I smoke, and that's not a very mobile activity, so I didn't really have the option of going somewhere to smoke. I can take a decent amount of vapor in through the launch box in about ten seconds with a motion that's no more conspicuous than raising your hand to your mouth to yawn. However...

I'll be honest, I find there's a huge learning curve in getting the most out of this vaporizor. If there's anything that I can impart to a new owner, especially one who has come from smoking like I have, it's the importance of grinding your weed up. Like, you think you already grind your weed? You need to go even finer. I made the mistake of grinding it to the same consistency that I grind for my bowl and I got less than spectacular results. It took me a great deal of product to get any signaficant sort of effect and I found that I was using more herb than I would have used if I had smoked, which was a big negative for me.

After reading about someone's experiences with the Magic Flight Launch Box, I decided to try grinding my product up a bit more and ran it through my grinder seven times. At this point, the herb was very fine -- not quite a powder, but still finer than you might be accustomed to. This made things so much better. I found that my herb browned evenly throughout and, if I spaced out a single fully-packed trench out, I wouldn't need to refill it for around tthree hours, which is markedly more efficient.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased now that I've got a better understanding of how it works. Some more thoughts: I personally think it's worth it to get some rechargables that run at a bit higher power. I picked up some that are around ~2300 and it turns the wait time for vapor from five seconds to one, and makes for much shorter and heavier hits. It will continue to be my exclusive means of indulging until I'm in a more secure environment, but I feel confident that it's solid enough to get me by. I do miss super bong hits, if we're being honest -- a high from a vaporizor has a differrence from one from a bong. I find there's less of a chance of me being distracted by something mindless, which can be a good and a bad thing.

All in all, it's a solid and clever little device and it fits my needs perfectly. It's not the friendliest thing to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I share it with friends all the time and despite my best efforts to explain how to use it to them, they always need a few tries..

sorry if i rambled.

Rose,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Good write up rose ...
Completely agree that with a vaporizer high vs joint/bong even i find there's less of a chance of me being distracted by something mindless ... which imo is a good thing atleast personally for me. The high is more cerebral quality high as compared to smoking.

audiodelic,

Chronic

I just received my flight box this morning & i love it so far, its a dinky little thing, but i was wondering did any of yours come with design flaws?

Its wooden so i wasn't expecting it to be 100% perfect but for spending 80 (uk) on a little bit of wood plastic & metal i expected it to be better, i've got a chunk of wood missing on the back next to where it says magic-flight.com & frayed bits of wood around the edges/in the holes

Im sure ill report back saying i love it later on when ive actually used it (if the batteries ever charge up!)

*Waits 11 hours*... :mad:

Chronic,

Qbit

cannabanana
Chronic said:
Its wooden so i wasn't expecting it to be 100% perfect but for spending 80 (uk) on a little bit of wood plastic & metal i expected it to be better, i've got a chunk of wood missing on the back next to where it says magic-flight.com & frayed bits of wood around the edges/in the holes

I think of it as more like a nice piece of software. The cost of manufacturing obviously isn't that great for each additional unit, but someone had to come up with the design and engineering and work out how to put it together (that trench is pretty clever). So it's a very innovative product, it's still in what is very much a niche market, and then there's that warranty. And of course it works so well.

So I didn't lose sleep paying what I paid for it. And of course you probably could have saved a few more pounds had you ordered from the US.

Qbit,
Top Bottom