vapirtoo

Yeh Vicki, All of my good friends tried mine and immediately got their own !
Once you master the draw, it becomes a truly wonderous device. :D :ko: :D .

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
vapirtoo said:
Yeh Vicki, All of my good friends tried mine and immediately got their own !
Once you master the draw, it becomes a truly wonderous device. :D :ko: :D .
Absolutely, without a doubt, the Launch Box has changed my life. Now that I can take my medicine whenever I need it, I am able to do a lot more than I could before. Sometimes I need to use a wheelchair, but at least I'm getting out of the house more because I can get a handle on my pain and nausea while I'm out. Bless you Magic Flight and BlissSville. You have changed my life for the better, and I can never thank you enough. :)

Vicki,

NSXTACY420

Hey back on Fuck combustion and it feels good! Just got the Magic-flight box and think it's absolutely wonderful for portable vaping. The design is very efficient and very portable. The only down side is the charger and batteries that come with it are worthless unless you like waiting 8 hours per bowl. All you need to do is buy a faster charger and more batteries. I went to Batteries Plus and bought the PowerEx 8 cell 1 hour charger for $65 and 8 PowerEx rechargeable double A 3000maH batteries(best double A batteries on market) for $30. It only takes an hour and a half to fully charge 8 3000maH batteries and the charger has a optional conditioning setting to discharge and cycle them so they will last so much longer and perform better. I totally suggest doing what i did if you purchase the magic box because the charger provided is not suitable for heavy use. The flight box produces nice vapor you just have to pull slow to get it real thick but the vapor is thick enough to make me cough but not burn the herbs.

I would love to see the flight box opened up to see what type of heating it uses.

I was wondering if i could get glass parts in place of the 2 plastic parts. The plastic actually is not much stronger than borosilicate glass because my plastic cover already chipped from a small fall on the floor and possibly need replacement and would prefer glass if available.

Basically i love the flight box it really gets me flying but it doesn't get me stoned as much as a bong or my extreme does it gets me more high than stoned, which is nice cause i usually use the box on the go when i prefer to have an energetic high. :2c:

NSXTACY420,

heartvapor

Does anyone know the discharge rate of regular NiMH batteries? As in, approximately how much charge is left after 1 day, a week, a month, etc.

heartvapor,

NSXTACY420

Does anyone know if the magic flight team can make a glass cover and stem? I am really interested and would pay good to get them.

NSXTACY420,

Melizzard

Lo said:
Hemp answered you already Melizzard, there are several posts in this thread about cleaning by running a battery in the unit with lid open to clear screan, also posts about using brush and a dab of ISO and even about carefully clearing out the inside draw hole to collect some of the goo or clear a blockage. One or more of these methods should get your box cleaned up. You might have to dig in this thread for the posts though.

Good luck! It took me awhile to find the posts and can't remember which search terms I used to find them, a quick try I didn't find them so you might have to do some digging here.
Yeah, I did search for it with no joy, so that's why I asked again. Do you happen to recall how long you should let it run with a battery in the unit, with the lid open, to clear the screen?

Thanks so much!
Melizzard

Melizzard,

Anthony

Anthony
Melizzard said:
Lo said:
Hemp answered you already Melizzard, there are several posts in this thread about cleaning by running a battery in the unit with lid open to clear screan, also posts about using brush and a dab of ISO and even about carefully clearing out the inside draw hole to collect some of the goo or clear a blockage. One or more of these methods should get your box cleaned up. You might have to dig in this thread for the posts though.

Good luck! It took me awhile to find the posts and can't remember which search terms I used to find them, a quick try I didn't find them so you might have to do some digging here.
Yeah, I did search for it with no joy, so that's why I asked again. Do you happen to recall how long you should let it run with a battery in the unit, with the lid open, to clear the screen?

Thanks so much!
Melizzard
I usually just put a brand new battery in and let it run until the little light goes out. It usually does the trick. :2c:

Anthony,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I spoke with Thomas Distributing and was told the attack issues were resolved yesterday. Happy shopping.

chucku,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
chucku said:
I spoke with Thomas Distributing and was told the attack issues were resolved yesterday. Happy shopping.
I placed an order with them this morning, and had no problems at all.

Vicki,

Melizzard

Anthony said:
I usually just put a brand new battery in and let it run until the little light goes out. It usually does the trick. :2c:
Cool .... do you leave the cover open while you do that? Just let it run till the battery dies?

xxoo
Melizzard

Melizzard,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Guys which low self discharge batteries are recommended for MFLB.

Maha Imedion 2400 mah or Sanyo Eneloop 2000 mah ?

audiodelic,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
heartvapor said:
Does anyone know the discharge rate of regular NiMH batteries? As in, approximately how much charge is left after 1 day, a week, a month, etc.
Wikipedia: "The self-discharge is 510% on the first day and stabilizes around 0.51% per day at room temperature". My own heuristic is to consider them as "needing recharge" after two weeks of shelf time.

LSD batteries (the kind we ship) are much better at charge retention over time. In particular, they will likely still have 7085% of their charge after one year of shelf time.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
audiodelic magic flight said imedion best dunno if these are low discharge hi-er mah PowerEx 8 cell 1 hour charger for $65 and 8 PowerEx rechargeable double A 3000maH batteries(best double A batteries on market) for $30

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
NSXTACY420 said:
Does anyone know if the magic flight team can make a glass cover and stem? I am really interested and would pay good to get them.
We had at one point experimented with making glass covers. Although the notion was popular, the practical realities are something else. Its mostly "big picture" sorts of things, like robustness, build process, warranty support, etc. Most of the issues were discussed early in this thread. More recently, we have been looking into perhaps making stainless steel draw tubes, as an alternative.

We do occasionally do custom units with various modifications. We only accept a limited number of such orders, though, as they take a lot of additional time to process. Given our current schedule/lineup of such orders, I would recommend contacting us in September for this.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'd really love a glass draw tube or stainless steel if that can't happen.

The one that comes with it is fine but just recently I had to figure out a way to clean the small one and I really couldn't do much. If it was glass or stainless steel we could iso wash it to brand new.

What about selling those as optional upgrades?

darkrom,

NSXTACY420

One thing you can do to make the battery connection hold better and not have to twist the battery to get a connection, is use a flat head srewdriver and pry the copper coil up, from the bottom, a bit to make the hole tighter but don't make it too tight that your scratching the battery's metal cover. If there are any glass blowers in the room i would love to get you to make me a glass cover and stem.....

I also have another suggestion to buy a small wooden make up brush and throwing out the metal one so it matches the box and it won't accidentally short the batteries.

Yes!!! I would really love to see a glass stem and cover upgrade i would be the first to buy!

NSXTACY420,

sundaddy

I can actually tap on the bottom left side and get a trench load to "roll" over without getting any up on the rods or shoulders. made me think, a cool mod would be some kind of vibrator that you could push a button and it would vibrate and mix/flip the "product" after each hit.

sundaddy,

wolf torn

sundaddy said:
I can actually tap on the bottom left side and get a trench load to "roll" over without getting any up on the rods or shoulders. made me think, a cool mod would be some kind of vibrator that you could push a button and it would vibrate and mix/flip the "product" after each hit.
I have been thinking about this for awhile....

hmm..

wolf torn,

vapirtoo

I dunno :| IF it's not broke don't fix it. Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
The old kiss principle. Works on race cars and vaporizers. :cool: :2c:

vapirtoo,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yes Melizzard, with the lid OPEN!

Anthony said:
Melizzard said:
Lo said:

Thanks so much!
Melizzard

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sundaddy said:
Its hypnotic rolling the pile of herb around inside. I can do a mean "trench flip" :)

Glass stem? count me in!

I was thinking about getting a second LB ....a custom one would be sweet.

JDSupreme,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
NSXTACY420 said:
One thing you can do to make the battery connection hold better and not have to twist the battery to get a connection, is use a flat head srewdriver and pry the copper coil up, from the bottom, a bit to make the hole tighter but don't make it too tight that your scratching the battery's metal cover.
If you use the stock batteries which work great, this isn't an issue. Making the hole smaller as you suggest will also prevent you from being able to use some batteries which are slightly fatter than stock.

sundaddy said:
I could not agree more. Tapping the box more is one of the best ways to get a thicker hit as more material will be touching the screen as the material settles from the vibration of the tapping.

DeepFried,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Are the Maha 2700 mah batteries a good fit for MFLB ?

p.s I did look through the thread there are bits and pieces about the maha 2700 mah. I just want to be sure before i go ahead and place my order.

audiodelic,
Top Bottom