mjopry

pakalolo said:
mjopry: That's clever and cute. You should make a pic of that your avatar.

On the other hand, the boys down at the machine shop might find it a bit, ummm, I don't know, not frilly... not girly exactly... more grandma-ish.
:lol: very true...i gotten grandma remarks on the 24oz beer koozie w/ handle that i made.

imag0115l.jpg

...but maybe instead of grandma-ish...i think its more bored hippie-ish :D currently i am in the process of combining the two...i think that would make a mighty fine travel case. beer koozie with launch box on the side with room for some batteries...dont drink beer, water bottles fit nicely in it too.

mjopry,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i think its more bored hippie-ish
mjopry: Yes! I like that. I like your work too. If you go for the hippy look will you work in some beads or more psychedelic colours or something?

unzari: I've bought two LBs from vaporizers.ca and I was happy with the service. Canada Post is great; both mine showed up the morning after they were marked shipped. Be aware that someone will have to sign for the package though. The package is discreet so there's no worries if someone else has to sign.

As for technique, you've obviously been reading here and you use an Extreme so it won't take you long to figure out what works best for you. I love the tastiness of my LB, incidentally. I find that the same material tastes different in the LB compared to the Extreme. I don't have a taste preference, I like the variety. I think you'll be happy with the LB if you're into flavours.

pakalolo,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
unzari said:
Just ordered my LB today from vaporizers.ca. Effin A!

Can't hardly wait...my trusty ol coffee grinder's a-waitin and i reckon she'll grind the meds up nicely.

Saw magicflight's post (713 or therabouts?) re inhalation techniques. Hope I get it right! From using my bong w my Extreme I've become pretty sensitive to variations in pull - speed, depth and such - that I hope I take to it w/o too many issues.

In a nuthsell: dry, grind, fill trench, insert battery, wait a couple secs, slow steady inhale keeping track of heat and such, pull out battery, finish inhale - amirite?

I think I've read magicflight here say that u keep the battery in for the length of yr pull but in another post he wrote (iirc) that u only leave the battery in for a few seconds.

Can anyone help confirm and offer any tips if I've missed something?

Prolly will buy some bats and a charger, too. Found a site w maha 2400 mAh lsd batteries. Anyone use these? And I can get the Maha PowerEx C9000 WizardOne or the Maha PowerEx C801D there, too.

Does anyone have a preference between these two chargers? Sorry fo all the noob Qs!
Your theory is Sound though I've found that it is really hard to get it right just by theory. It will take you a few tries of actually trying it before you are %100 comfortable with your results.

The thing that made the biggest difference for is is using it native rather than with the stem. It is much easier to feel the heat and just pull rate and when you should stop by said heat.

That, and PATIENCE. Your lungs will probably be able to pull for longer than you should leave the battery in for.

I found I had to take smaller hits because if I tried for full lung capacity I was getting burnt gribbly's.

This is how I do.

1) Insert Battery and wait 3-6 seconds (depending on fresh battery or not) I usually wait till I can see vapor forming through the suck hole.

2) Start drawing slowly but steadily feeling heat with my lips/tongue (sometimes use micro hit technique which is sa series of shorter faster hits)

3) When heat is appropriate or tasted changed I pull out the battery (usually about 7-10 seconds)

4) Take a final hit to clear the unit

5) Shake, Rinse, Repeat

But truly all the reading I did here only helped with the basics...you truly need to just get a feel for it.

Noisy Gnome,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Unzari

Thomas Distributing must be under attack. They are a respected and trusted supplier and are a joy to deal with. I got my orders delivered the next day with the cheapest shipping option (it helps I live in the same state). I am also fairly sure they ship internationally. Their number is 800-821-2769 and their other site is www.batterysupply.com. This redirects to www.thomasdistributing.com without any further incident. Due to their vast selection, very fair if not cheap pricing, fast shipping and excellent customer service they are worth your consideration as the source for chargers and batteries.

chucku,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
chucku said:
Unzari

Thomas Distributing must be under attack. They are a respected and trusted supplier and are a joy to deal with. I got my orders delivered the next day with the cheapest shipping option (it helps I live in the same state). I am also fairly sure they ship internationally. Their number is 800-821-2769 and their other site is www.batterysupply.com. This redirects to www.thomasdistributing.com without any further incident. Due to their vast selection, very fair if not cheap pricing, fast shipping and excellent customer service they are worth your consideration as the source for chargers and batteries.
Crap, I just tried both of the links you provided, and they were both attack pages. :(

I need to order more batteries this Friday, so I hope they get this addressed by then.

Vicki,

unzari

chucku said:
Unzari

Thanks chucku...the last thing I want to do is raise any eyebrows about Thomas Distributing as I am absolutely confident as to their reputation. I just now tried again but again the warning came up. Thanks for the number!

unzari,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
Push button MagicFlight is nice if you use a water filtration system. You can make a push button add-on for your MagicFlight with a few parts.

_0012471.jpg

Different push buttons work different ways. This one you click on - then click again to turn off. Some only send current while pressed. With two batteries you must 1/2 all of your normal timings.

_0012470.jpg

magiclight,

george

magiclight said:
Push button MagicFlight is nice if you use a water filtration system. You can make a push button add-on for your MagicFlight with a few parts.

http://www.flightskool.info/img/_0012471.jpg

Different push buttons work different ways. This one you click on - then click again to turn off. Some only send current while pressed. With two batteries you must 1/2 all of your normal timings.

http://www.flightskool.info/img/_0012470.jpg
Uhh..are you selling those? ^^

how did u make it

george,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
That is the first real home made innovation I've seen, great idea but to hard to flip and shake for me. Great work though.

DeepFried,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
george said:
Uhh..are you selling those? ^^
how did u make it
:) Just a big fan of MagicFlight the company and people and product.

To make it, here is what I used:

_0012465.jpg

Get some aluminum rods and connect the batteries + and - with the rods and use the switch to break the + current. Red Wood is good to cut because it is strong when you are done carving. You could follow the diagram below - but remember that two batteries is double the power so you have to cut your timing down by .5

_0012467_connected.jpg

magiclight,

Melizzard

Could anyone tell me how to clear my screen now that I can hardly get any air flow thru it when it's loaded and ready to vape? If the top door is closed all the way, there is hardly any air flow. If I crack that top door, there's plenty of air flow, but it goes out the top instead of going thru the tube. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean that screen without messing it up?

Thanks,
Melizzard

Melizzard,
if u search 4 magic flight clean cycle should find it posted by magic flight they said tu clean w/ isopropol alcohol on q-tip holdin mflb upside down so it wont drip into box i tink they may hav said then do a clean cycle w/ fresh battery w/ lid open tu help screen breathe :z

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
DeepFried said:
That is the first real home made innovation I've seen, great idea but to hard to flip and shake for me. Great work though.
Thanks! It's not too bad taking it off. Here is an off/on/shake example with a fig jam jar water filtration system :p - the button is pushed for four seconds for a normal MagicFlight-esque experience - or 7 seconds for a thicker fog.

example.jpg

magiclight,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
That's so rad, you've turned it into an acceptable desktop vape completely. I don't know how I never thought about wiring two batteries together, I bet it rips.

bluntfaced,

Gich

It does indeed work with hashish! - at least the kind I got.
What a great device! I'll take it with me this weekend where I'll be camping and running a lot.

Thank you guys!

Gich,

magiclight

Fuck Combustion
bluntfaced said:
That's so rad, you've turned it into an acceptable desktop vape completely. I don't know how I never thought about wiring two batteries together, I bet it rips.
Haha It rips for sure! It's a stronger magic flight but I think I like the box in its original form even better. With MagicFlight, the water is always clear and pure.

to be honest, thinking now - I can't even remember making that thing - It was too strong so my memory was erased :p

magiclight,

george

Damn. I think im guna wait for the power adapter from magic flight. But damn. I really like that MagicLight! Good work

george,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
magiclight, what about hooking the batteries up in parallel rather than in series? Im no electrician, but wouldnt this reduce the "half times" and be more like the original, just batteries last longer? Could be way to high already but my :2c:. sick mod though.

Mr. Smoke No More,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Mr. Smoke No More said:
...what about hooking the batteries up in parallel rather than in series? Im no electrician, but wouldnt this reduce the "half times" and be more like the original, just batteries last longer?
Hi,

That is correct. Batteries in series means hotter and faster. Batteries in parallel means lasts longer, with similar temperature and times. The main considerations are that the wiring have very low resistance and that the switch can handle the high amperage for more than a few uses (the contacts can degrade over time and eventually fail if over-amped).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Just want to give props to Magic Flight yet again! The box I've used daily for quite some months had an issue with the screen. I emailed pix, provided my serial # in beginning of the week.

A new box arrived today with a nice note from Ariel :) How's that for awesome warranty service????

I swear I think I've sold at least 15 people on the LB. Kudos!!!

Lo,

Melizzard

Can anyone tell me how to clean this vape? My screen must be clogged w/resin cuz I can't get any airflow out of it any more ... suggestions?

xxoo
Melizzard

Melizzard,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
if u search 4 magic flight clean cycle should find it posted by magic flight they said tu clean w/ isopropol alcohol on q-tip holdin mflb upside down so it wont drip into box i tink they may hav said then do a clean cycle w/ fresh battery w/ lid open tu help screen breathe :z
Hemp answered you already Melizzard, there are several posts in this thread about cleaning by running a battery in the unit with lid open to clear screan, also posts about using brush and a dab of ISO and even about carefully clearing out the inside draw hole to collect some of the goo or clear a blockage. One or more of these methods should get your box cleaned up. You might have to dig in this thread for the posts though.

Good luck! It took me awhile to find the posts and can't remember which search terms I used to find them, a quick try I didn't find them so you might have to do some digging here.

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
Just want to give props to Magic Flight yet again! The box I've used daily for quite some months had an issue with the screen. I emailed pix, provided my serial # in beginning of the week.

A new box arrived today with a nice note from Ariel :) How's that for awesome warranty service????

I swear I think I've sold at least 15 people on the LB. Kudos!!!
They really are great people! :D

I'm not sure how many people have purchased a Launch Box because of me, it's all I talk about. :lol:

Vicki,
Top Bottom