TuffGong

YOUR AD HERE! CALL NOW!
Sorry, I forgot to mention where I got it... it was ordered from vapenow last Saturday.

TuffGong,

steven22

I ordered mine 1.5 weeks ago from puffitup.com

and its number 146xxx ... do I have some really old box? older model?

it came with sanyo charger

steven22,

realcoolguy

Did it come with the little light?

I'm expecting mine tomorrow.

Also ordered from puffitup.com - and I'm hoping it isn't an older model as well as the price might have been too good. :|

realcoolguy,

hanfhead

is high
TuffGong said:
Hi all. I received my LB today... nice. I can't see it ever replacing my Buddha, but it seems to just what I need for travel. :D

I did not however get the Sanyo charger & batteries. I get a Chinese no name charger, and peeled batteries, so I have no idea what they are. I thought that the Sanyos were the standard set currently. For recent owners of the LB, what did you get for a charger & batteries? By the way, my box number is well over 344,000.
You can't really tell what kind of batteries they are once they have been peeled. I have seen eneloops,energizer, duracell, and a no-name brand all look exactly the same under the wrapper.

My box# 168xxx from vapeworld came with a sanyo charger, although I only used it for two days until my 15 minute charger came. :brow:

The LB has become my everyday smoker. I still use my Herborizer regularly but nothing compares to always ready, portable vaporizing. In fact, the LB compliments the herbo quite nicely, the LB used stuff is not thoroughly cooked and makes a nice bottom layer in the herbo.

I really love this thing and can not say enough about Magic Flight. They are a wonderful company and great people. I had a nice email exchange with the maker when I used the warranty. Anyone on the fence about buying one, jump; you will not be disappointed. I just bought a second as a gift for my dad.

-HH
[6]

Edit: Got my new one today, #345xxx from vapeworld. This one has a no-name silver "2-Hours Slim Charger" that is slightly bigger and does not fit inside the tin.

hanfhead,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
smartfast said:
MagicFlight, Can you tell us how much resistance in Ohms the heating element should be?
Approximately 0.05 Ohm -- it is unlikely that you will be able to measure it directly using conventional equipment.

The most likely causes of a problem like the one you are describing are 1) a torn screen or one detached from the connecting rods, or 2) that the battery is not making a good firm contact with the connecting rods, or 3) that the battery itself is not delivering the expected power. You should use the reconditioning cycle on your batteries when you get the Maha charger, and then check to ensure that the battery capacity is good (2000 mAh or more is best). Then check to ensure good battery contact in the Box -- the light should be on and lit -- turn and press the battery in the hole while watching the light. A gentle inspection of the screen itself should easily show anything wrong there. Let us know via private email if things do not check out.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

stuey

I had my LB replaced.

As some of you may know, I was reporting that there was very little vapour coming off mine and whilst I had nothing to compare it to, mine seemed to be running cold based on other user's experiences.

So I got in touch with MF who instantly offered a replacement.

It took about a week to arrive, and I tried it last night.

It was completely different.

Using the same herb as before, vapour was visibly coming out of the hole after 3 seconds.

The herb browned very quickly, (before I was throwing away herb that was still green after 12-15 hits) now the same herb is dark brown within 6 hits.

Before there was little to no vapour on exhale. Now there is a very faint vapour on exhale (which was what I was expecting after watching a few videos on you-tube of people using a LB.. not a thick cloudy vapour but something that is noticeable if you look for it).

So I am now really happy with the vape.. before, obviously it was faulty and I dint immediately know that, so TBH I really couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Now I have a working one, I think its an amazing device an I look forward to using it again and again!

Thanks for all the advice on here, without it it would have been difficult to diagnose the fault because the old vape was working to a degree so it wasn't the case that I inserted the battery and nothing happened, it was more of a case that it just wasn't getting hot enough, quickly enough.

stuey,

steven22

realcoolguy said:

Also ordered from puffitup.com - and I'm hoping it isn't an older model as well as the price might have been too good. :|
yup it does have the yellow light inside.,... does the light mean i have the newer model?

puffitup is great... came to my house in 3 days, priority mail... came with a grinder, spearmint herb... which the competition usually dont have... and its $85 shipped with the code... cheaper than the others as well.

steven22,

smartfast

magicflight said:
smartfast said:
MagicFlight, Can you tell us how much resistance in Ohms the heating element should be?
Approximately 0.05 Ohm -- it is unlikely that you will be able to measure it directly using conventional equipment.
Thanks for the info.... WOW! I now see why it is so difficult for Magic-flight to create a plug-in power supply. They would need to provide a current-regulated model .. which is not cheap. Any standard power supply would burn up in it's attempts to deliver ~20 amps of power through the Launch-Box.

I was able to measure my boxes resistance without a problem, one probe through the battery hole and the other touching the exposed copper plated rod that wraps around the battery. I am seeing 0.02 - 0.03 ohms, so I'm sure everything is fine with my box. The light does light as it always did.. but it was never as bright as the new ones are.

I also measured how much current the Launchbox pulls from my new battery .. 5.4 amperes. I will compare this to my old battery ... i am sure I will see a significantly lower current drawn from the old battery. The Maha charger will be at work fixing those batteries tonight...

smartfast,

stuey

Just a quick thought, but do you think it would be possible to have some kind of insert that allowed hash to be used in a LB?

stuey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
Just a quick thought, but do you think it would be possible to have some kind of insert that allowed hash to be used in a LB?
Hi,

We did some experiments along those lines and were never really satisfied with the results. One challenge to overcome is that the insert/tray/boat itself had to be really small and light, or else it simply took too long to heat up, and anything that small tends to be fussy, fragile and hard to use. Another problem is that it cannot be metallic -- which limits the range of useful designs dramatically. Also, its placement in the Box had to be very exact for it to perform at all well -- any extra space at all wasted a lot of heat. It also made the Box a lot less portable, since with the tray it now needed to be kept upright.

Overall, we found that if hash was wanted, it was much easier/better/faster and more effective to just use the Launch Tube, since it was designed to handle that sort of thing.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

realcoolguy

steven22 said:
realcoolguy said:

yup it does have the yellow light inside.,... does the light mean i have the newer model?

puffitup is great... came to my house in 3 days, priority mail... came with a grinder, spearmint herb... which the competition usually dont have... and its $85 shipped with the code... cheaper than the others as well.
Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here.
There were models without the light. And I don't think anything else has been changed since that light was added. So yes, as far as I know, it is the newest.

Thanks for your reply by the way. I should have mine within a few hours. I haven't medicated in anticipation for this little machine, so you can probably imagine how excited I am to get this thing. :lol:

realcoolguy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
smartfast said:
magicflight said:
smartfast said:
Approximately 0.05 Ohm
WOW! I now see why it is so difficult for Magic-flight to create a plug-in power supply. They would need to provide a current-regulated model .. which is not cheap. Any standard power supply would burn up in it's attempts to deliver ~20 amps of power through the Launch-Box.
Trying to get one to market tends to "burn up" engineers too! We have already ABV'd various part suppliers and three different consulting design firms. We figured that once we had a demonstrated working prototype, it would be 'easy' -- not so.

What is especially challenging is to put that much power and circuit complexity into a package that is as small and as convienient to use as a regular AA battery -- and then have it be thermally stable! To make something like this at all -- let alone have it last more than a few minutes without burning up -- is a *lot* harder than it would seem.

It is, to quote one of our favorite movies, a "Never give up, Never surrender!" sort of situation.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
hanfhead said:
I really love this thing and can not say enough about Magic Flight. They are a wonderful company and great people. I had a nice email exchange with the maker when I used the warranty. Anyone on the fence about buying one, jump; you will not be disappointed. I just bought a second as a gift for my dad.

[6]
I totally agree. They replaced a box I had for a year or so. I inserted my peg stem too far into the box and it had attached itself to the screen. The screen tore when I tried to remove the stem for cleaning.

How can you beat that for good warranty?

And it makes matines at the movies so much more vivid.

macbill,

conquis7ador

So I'm really lazy and don't want to look around forever to find this out. I lost my batteries and charger that came with the LB. Vapeworld sells the batteries separately, but I'm wondering if they will charge in a duracell or energizer charger? And also will duracell or energizer batteries work for the vape? Has anyone tried those?

conquis7ador,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
conquis7ador said:
So I'm really lazy and don't want to look around forever to find this out. I lost my batteries and charger that came with the LB. Vapeworld sells the batteries separately, but I'm wondering if they will charge in a duracell or energizer charger? And also will duracell or energizer batteries work for the vape? Has anyone tried those?
I have used Energizer batteries in the LB, and have also used the 15 min. charger that came with the Energizers for the Sanyo batteries that came with my box. I don't know that I would recommend using the 15 min. charger exclusively as I have heard it decreases the life of the batteries. But, the Energizers also charge in the Sanyo charger that came with the LB, so you shouldn't have to get a different charger.

momofthegoons,

stuey

magicflight said:
Overall, we found that if hash was wanted, it was much easier/better/faster and more effective to just use the Launch Tube, since it was designed to handle that sort of thing.

-- Magic-Flight
Do you sell a "bare bones" launch tube.. no batteries, charger etc ?

If so where?

Best wishes

stuey,

conquis7ador

momofthegoons said:
conquis7ador said:
I have used Energizer batteries in the LB, and have also used the 15 min. charger that came with the Energizers for the Sanyo batteries that came with my box. I don't know that I would recommend using the 15 min. charger exclusively as I have heard it decreases the life of the batteries. But, the Energizers also charge in the Sanyo charger that came with the LB, so you shouldn't have to get a different charger.
Ok, thanks!

conquis7ador,

Mckdenton

stuey said:
magicflight said:

-- Magic-Flight
Do you sell a "bare bones" launch tube.. no batteries, charger etc ?

If so where?

Best wishes
rbrown13 has a barely used lauchtube for sale here >
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453

Mckdenton,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm going to a sporting event tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with the Box or the batteries being detected by those hand wands they use to screen people?

stickstones,

realcoolguy

Just wanted to say my LB just got delivered from puffitup.com - excellent service and response times btw.

It's amazing how little material you actually need to get extremely well medicated. I can see this saving me a lot of money in the long term.

I'm in love. Thanks Magic Flight!

Question: I have some peppermint oil i'd like to soak into the wood so that it smells like mint and not so much anything else. Will this be a problem in regards to warranty or would it effect the performance?

I'd only put the oil on the outside wood. I suspect it may actually help keep the wood healthy. Any thoughts?

realcoolguy,

realcoolguy

stickstones said:
I'm going to a sporting event tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with the Box or the batteries being detected by those hand wands they use to screen people?
Pretty sure all the metal in the pin, the copper and the battery will set one of those things off.

realcoolguy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
magicflight said:
Do you sell a "bare bones" launch tube.. no batteries, charger etc ? If so where?
Best bet would be to contact BlissSville.com via email. I am sure that they would be able to provide one.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
realcoolguy said:
Question: I have some peppermint oil i'd like to soak into the wood so that it smells like mint and not so much anything else. Will this be a problem in regards to warranty or would it effect the performance?
No impact on warranty. No expected impact on performance.

I would recommend trying/applying in small doses at first, as you may find it affects the taste. You also may want to be careful of accidentally vaporizing the mint oil -- run the box open and empty for a few seconds after oiling to be sure that none of the mint oil remains on the screen.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Top Bottom