chucku

Charles Urbane
stickstones said:
I'm going to a sporting event tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with the Box or the batteries being detected by those hand wands they use to screen people?
You should not have any problems. Security checks for weapons. With keys, change, lighters, a LB and battery should go completely unnoticed. Earlier this week I brought my VG bat to a White Sox game with no problems at all. When I needed a hit I just went to the mens room.

chucku,

driesclothesfaster

Is there anyway to get replacements for the little accesories that come with the box?
I soaked my small tube in alcohol and it's ruined, and I lost both those little rubber bands. I can't find any of the same size.

Any way to replace these?

driesclothesfaster,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I know the brushes, tubes, etc. are available through blissSville.com and you could order a couple extra batteries while you're shopping to make shipping wothwhile lol. In the comments maybe you could ask for a rubber band or two. They're such nice folks I bet they'd send you a rubber band :) Good luck!

Lo,

hanfhead

is high
driesclothesfaster said:
Yeah, I didn't really wanna pay the shipping just for the tube...
Guess I'll just do without.
Yea, 6 bucks for a .90 cent tube is kind of hard to justify. Maybe if you email them, they will toss it in an envelope for you and charge actual cost. It's worth a shot.

hanfhead,

stuey

realcoolguy said:
Question: I have some peppermint oil i'd like to soak into the wood so that it smells like mint and not so much anything else. Will this be a problem in regards to warranty or would it effect the performance?

I'd only put the oil on the outside wood. I suspect it may actually help keep the wood healthy. Any thoughts?
Let us know how you get on with this. If it dosent add any taste to the vape then I'd be interested in doing this myself.

stuey,

sfld

how are you guys cleaning the tubes? i heard someone messed theirs up with alcohol

I might just buy some straws from starbucks lol

sfld,

sundaddy

Yeah, I too nearly destroyed one. My mistake was soaking it, I think you can wipe it with something that has alc. on it, just don't soak it.

sundaddy,

smartfast

I cleaned mine perfectly with patience. Roll a bit of paper towel or napkin into a very thin string ... fish it through the tube and grab it from the other side. Pull a larger part of the papertowel through the tube and it will scrape the insides clean.

Or, the easier option is to use a pipe cleaner. Maybe a spare shoe lace would work .. if you can fish it through

smartfast,

stuey

Question for anyone with the La Crosse BC-900 (or any other smart charger)

Should I be using the "discharge" mode by default or just once in a while.

Does anyone ever routinely use the "refresh" mode?

I usually just put the battery straight in to charge, but now I'm thinking that I should be making use of the discharge mode.

stuey,

smartfast

I have the Maha charger and i will run the refresh/analyze mode when I notice the batteries dont contain the juice they used to. This mode will first charge, then discharge (measuring current delivered) and then recharge, with 2 hr rests inbetween stages.

Personally I dont feel I will need just the discharge mode, as refresh/analyze and/or cycle mode's would take care of it in a more automated way. But, if you wanted to do a cycle manual, or wanted your battery fully discharged, it has it's use. Read the manual!

smartfast,

stuey

Thanks

Yeah I have read the manual!

I just couldn't make my mind up if I should be doing a discharge every time or just a refresh when the batteries seemed to not be charging properly.

The manual tells you what the modes do, but dosent really give any guidance as to what is best practice.

If I use the discharge mode regularly will this remove the need to do refreshes?

How often seems correct for a refresh cycle? Every 10 charges? Every 50? Every 100?

stuey,

smartfast

my manual says every 10 for refresh/analyize and every 20-25 for the cycle mode.

My batteries have done just fine for way more than 10 charges before I had this charger though ... so I will be doing it much less often than that.

If you do the discharge only, you have to be there to set it back up for the recharge again. If yours has an automatic mode like mine .. I would just use that and save yourself the time. Its the same discharge function either way ... but its automated in the other modes.

Maybe, Consider how long it would take for the auto modes and compare that to doing it manually (discharge then recharge). Also consider that if you use your batteries completely, putting it on a discharge mode is a waste of time (its already discharged!). I think .90 volts is the generally accepted "fully discharged" voltage level... so check your batts to see how much voltage you generally leave them with after vaping.

Lots more info on this battery stuff via googles .. there are tons of discussions about rechargable battery practices on various forums. Even some dedicated to rechargable batteries and these chargers (I read a lottttttttt)

smartfast,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Wow. I can't believe I read the entire 120 pages of this thread. Too bad I didn't find out about the option of changing the posts per page until just a couple pages ago. :lol:

Before I forget, many thanks to Magic-Flight, the FC forum, and all of the posters here that I've learned so much from over the past week. I sure appreciate y'all going through all of the learning curve stuff for me!!! :2c:

Last week I found a recommendation of the MFLB at a political forum that I frequent. I checked out the links to blisssville and FC. By the time I had read through about 15 pages of this thread, and had read everything there was on the blisssville site I was hooked. I placed an order on Friday from blisssville, and was told it would be here by the following Wednesday. Was I ever shocked and pleased when I received a tiny, discreet USPS Priority Mail package on Monday! :o

I've been conducting extensive research on this product ever since. :cool:

My only experience with vaporizers previously was (in retrospect) a frightening soldering-iron-in-a-globe monstrosity that I thankfully only tried a few times before giving it up as an all around bad idea. This was probably about 20 years or so ago. I've combusted off and on for almost 30 years now. Now I'm retired, and spend most of my days working on the house or working on the property, as well as home-schooling a tweener 3 days a week. So the idea of a stealthy, odorless medicine delivery system sounded perfect for me.

My herb is raised locally by a friend. Nice sticky buds, though nothing amazing. My first trench was a little scorched - I realized that it wasn't ground enough. My routine is fairly refined after 5 days of research, but I don't doubt that it will get tweaked further as learning progresses. :)

1) Grind herb in a Krups coffee grinder. I'm starting to pre-dry now, as it is a little fluffy. I store the ground herb in a film canister.
2) Load about 2/3 of a trench.
3) Lightly tap it down with fingertip.
4) Insert fresh battery and watch down hole for vapor - about 5 seconds.
5) Take s l o w hit in 'native' mode until close to lung capacity, then loosen battery and draw for another 2 seconds.
6) Immediately invert/tap/shake.
7) When ready for another hit, I open the lid and brush any loose herb off of the trench shoulders, and repeat from step 3 above.
8) When trench is dead, I dump it and brush the compartment clean with the included brush.

I usually get very, very light vapor with hardly any odor at all. I repeat until the load either starts tasting, not bad, but not very good. Basically your beginning scorched popcorn taste. At this point it is brownish with black flecks. Then I dump out the ABV into one of the little plastic holders that MF supplies. I've started dumping that into a seal-able glass jar for cooking later. Does anyone have any tips on storing this? Shelf? Fridge? Freezer?

PROS:
Visually stealthy both in daylight and at night (no flame needed).
Odoriferously stealthy.
No flame needed. Works great in the wind.
Economical, I'm using less herb. And saving the ABV for cooking later.
The first two hits taste amazing. My wife keeps saying that it actually tastes like it smells. Really can't say enough about this.
Ready instantly.
Internal light gives great visual feedback for the vaping process day or night.
One LB & 2 batteries w/ included charger sufficient for 1 or 2 people.
Artistic in its' beauty and simplicity.

CONS:
Can be tricky to coach through a first time user.
Should invest in additional batteries and possibly a higher end charger/re-conditioner if you are either planing on using the LB as your main device or use it regularly with more than 2 people at a time.

Summary:
I haven't combusted in 5 days, and have no desire to again. :)
I LOVE this little box!

My wife and I are planning to order her one as well. This is going to be the perfect addition to the music festivals that we attend every year. :D I foresee an influx of orders after each of the upcoming festivals this year. :D I'm pretty sure we'll invest in the home power unit when it becomes available also. I ordered some batteries as well as a charger from Amazon at the same time I ordered the LB. Still haven't received either of those items. :lol:

Zot,

stuey

smartfast said:
my manual says every 10 for refresh/analyize and every 20-25 for the cycle mode.

My batteries have done just fine for way more than 10 charges before I had this charger though ... so I will be doing it much less often than that.

If you do the discharge only, you have to be there to set it back up for the recharge again. If yours has an automatic mode like mine .. I would just use that and save yourself the time. Its the same discharge function either way ... but its automated in the other modes.

Maybe, Consider how long it would take for the auto modes and compare that to doing it manually (discharge then recharge). Also consider that if you use your batteries completely, putting it on a discharge mode is a waste of time (its already discharged!). I think .90 volts is the generally accepted "fully discharged" voltage level... so check your batts to see how much voltage you generally leave them with after vaping.

Lots more info on this battery stuff via googles .. there are tons of discussions about rechargable battery practices on various forums. Even some dedicated to rechargable batteries and these chargers (I read a lottttttttt)
Thanks for that.

Awesome.

I just reread my manual to make sure; it dosent give any indication of how often to use each mode.

The discharge mode on the BC-900 is the "refresh/analyse" on the Maha (it discharges and then auto recharges)

The refresh on the BC-900 is the "Cycle" on the Maha

So Ill basically use the schedule you posted.. it seems good.

Normal charge by default
Discharge mode every 10th time (refresh/analyse)
Refresh every 25th time (Cycle)

Or there abouts!

Thanks

stuey,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Hit my new LB last night for the first time, first vape too! Love the fact that you are only getting a 'head' high and the body doesn't slag as much as combustion... I think I'm a changed man after one small session!

I went to Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada) and got the Duracell rechargables with the white tops for a great deal... they are NiMH and 2000mAh, will these work no problem in the Sanyo charger, or are chargers brand specific? (Don't see why they would be, I just don't want to zap my batteries in the first shot.)

And I read in the previous pages about skinning them? Do the labels need to be cut/peeled off? I'm assuming it's because the side of the battery acts as the neg. terminal and makes contact inside the LB?

mattybass,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes mattybass, you need to peel the labels off and if there is any glue residue, that should also be removed. Iso should work. If they are really sticky, hit them with some Goo Gone first, then the iso.

momofthegoons,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
momofthegoons said:
Yes mattybass, you need to peel the labels off and if there is any glue residue, that should also be removed. Iso should work. If they are really sticky, hit them with some Goo Gone first, then the iso.
Thanks! Got 'em nice and shiny.

mattybass,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
sfld said:
how are you guys cleaning the tubes? i heard someone messed theirs up with alcohol

I might just buy some straws from starbucks lol
Just take a Q-tip and pull off some (not all) of the cotton until it is just small enough to force through the tube. Then run the tube under some warm water while at the same time pushing the Q-tip back and forth through the tube while rotating it. Nice and clean with no chemicals.

DeepFried,

toadyfatz

If the battery fits in the MFLB without removing the wrapping is it ok to leave it on? I have peeled all my batteries so far, but just realized my energizer's fit with the wrapper on. I'm sure it has been discussed, but couldn't find the answer with a search....Thanks!

toadyfatz,

Zot

Vaping Phool
toadyfatz said:
If the battery fits in the MFLB without removing the wrapping is it ok to leave it on? I have peeled all my batteries so far, but just realized my energizer's fit with the wrapper on. I'm sure it has been discussed, but couldn't find the answer with a search....Thanks!
Nope, you need to peel the batteries in order to make electrical contact in the MFLB. The entire case is the negative terminal of the battery. The nipple itself is the positive terminal.

Remember, don't use peeled batteries in anything other than the LB.

Zot,

toadyfatz

Zot said:
toadyfatz said:
Nope, you need to peel the batteries in order to make electrical contact in the MFLB. The entire case is the negative terminal of the battery. The nipple itself is the positive terminal.

Remember, don't use peeled batteries in anything other than the LB.
Gotcha! Thanks Zot...now I see that it has already been mentioned on this page..LOL I've had my LB for about a month now and can't say enough good things about it. It has changed my life for the better. What is amazing is the couple times I did smoke with a buddy in the last month I could not believe how bad it tasted felt etc...like sucking fire down your throat...which you basically are. I have zero desire to combust now!! Wish I would of started years ago, but at least I am finally enlightened!!

toadyfatz,

runner

Basshead
Finally ordered mine from puffitup. Can't beat the price, plus they shipped it out within a hour or two after I ordered it.

runner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
toadyfatz said:
If the battery fits with the wrapper on, then it will be way too loose when you take the wrapper off and will only make intermittant contact giving you incomplete vaporization.

@B
Great vid, never knew the box could milk a tube like that, also thanks for discovering that a MZ/PD stem fits perfectly.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom