covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
This is my MFLB storage/travel kit...

EMaH8q3.jpg

waxdab23

Just received my muad dib about a week ago - what an amazing device.

Is it pretty common/accepted practice to pop in two screens instead of one as to increase the concentrate capacity?

waxdab23,

OF

It won't heat as good, if at all. The screens are resistance to the circuit. The more screens less resistance, less resistance less heat. "A watt is a watt, no matter what." Ohm's law.

I don't know about much of that. First off, that's now how resistance works. Yes, two screens in parallel is more resistors but since they are in parallel (not series) the total resistance goes DOWN, not up. Two identical loads in parallel cut the resistance in half in fact. Normally causing more total current. In a perfect world, twice as much current so the total power also doubles. Just like turning additional room lights gives more light and a bigger electric bill without changing the light from each bulb.

But this is not a perfect world. Just like the lights dim when the washing machine starts (high load current), there are 'line losses' here. Very large ones. Normally MFLB is about 15 Amps at about 3/4 of a Volt. The battery is about 1 1/4 Volt so almost as much power goes to heating up the battery (internal resistance losses) as heating the screen. Not good for battery charge life or longevity. A 'diminishing returns' game.

Normally lower resistance means more current which means more power developed.

My guess is multiple screens won't get hot enough as individuals. And even if they do, battery life will take a serious beating. I bet patients with the factory configuration works better, bowl/trench size was no doubt tested a lot.

By all means try, but my guess is the results will be 'sub wonderful'.

OF

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I mostly use my MFLB for out and about OR when I've used my Solo to get my base buzz and later want to top off the high a bit and do it quickly.

Since getting the PA 2.0 my MFLB use has gone up. Yesterday it was just too convenient to break out the MFLB for a full session rather than clean and load one of my other vapes. After 5 hits I was as at maximum trajectory. At no time did I see any vapor and this is nothing new. If I didn't see any vapor with my other vapes I would have been inclined to reload but not with the MFLB.

Is anyone getting clouds similar to their other vapes with the MFLB (and not com-busting of course)? I saw some mentions of using lower temps but that didn't produce visible clouds either for me. What am I doing wrong?

I know if I were to blow out over a flashlight beam I'd see vapor but every time I chase clouds with the MFLB I come close to cumbusting or do so.

Learner

I finally decided to buy a PA and 2.0 is out of stock at the places I'd buy it. Anyone here been testing the 2.4 unit? I wonder what the eta is on releasing the new version.

The Stranger

Account Closed
This remains one of my favorite vaporizer accessories of all time. I love the simple elegant design, and it functions perfectly. Bravo Magic Flight, bravo. :)

BnUgEv2.jpg
Ughh I also think it's one of my favorite glass pieces I've ever seen. I like simple and classy looking too. Great picture!

I've been wanting one for a while but just haven't shelled out the money, I think I'm going to get one real soon after seeing this pic, even though I think I'd mostly use it with my nano instead. :)

The Stranger,
Reactions: Verax

The Stranger

Account Closed
hoNFOB1.jpg

Just wanted to be selfish and show off my beautiful box.

Haven't used it in 4 months due to a break but tonight will be the first time back.

Oh how I've missed that brown stripe down the center. I haven't used it yet but I took a few sips just because I missed it. Say all you want about how pure tasting other vaporizers are but MAN did I miss that woody taste you get along with the flavor of the weed. Hardcore nostalgia for the good times with this thing right now. :)

bounce5

This remains one of my favorite vaporizer accessories of all time. I love the simple elegant design, and it functions perfectly. Bravo Magic Flight, bravo. :)

BnUgEv2.jpg

I wish they made one that was shaped more like a bottle. The orb is cool, but it would be easier for storage. Has anyone ever hung one of these on a Christmas tree?

Markus

Is vaporizer reclaim worth anything?

I've been cleaning my glass stem with cotton swabs. I have a lot of the stuff, but I don't like the effects particularly. Is there any medicinal value in it?

I've been wondering if it's a lack of terpenes or a degradation into CBN. I notice when I vape large amounts of it that it seems to 'oil up my lungs'. I mean it doesn't have the expectorant qualities that the herb had and I wonder if I should throw it out.
It seems like a shame though, it's the only oil I ever see.

What do you all do with your reclaim?

Markus,

The Stranger

Account Closed
I think in reclaim and abv there is mostly cbd left depending on how high of a temp you take your initial vape session. I personally struggle with whether to save reclaim or not. I usually just clean my enano stem and discard, only saving abv. But even with abv, the effects aren't really ideal for me. Usually I just melt into the couch as a lead weight and drift off to sleep.
Lots of people love keeping reclaim oil but I personally am too lazy. I tell myself it seems like a shame every time I discard though.

The Stranger,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey guys, my nitecore d4 just arrived and I decided to throw my mflb batteries on to test it out. Batteries haven't been used in a long time but have remained charged randomly.
They're currently reading 4/5 bars at 1.51v and 375mA. Is this normal readings? Curious because I haven't used these in so long, and have never used this charger.

AJS,

waxdab23

I apologize for the double post - doesn't seem the Muad Dib thread is very active and this question may apply here as well...

Are there places to get the muad dib concentrate screens cheaper than 3 for $15?

I'm going through them pretty fast. And, every time I try to pull one off to clean, it breaks.

waxdab23,

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Holy hell I forgot how damn good this thing is with kief.

I like to pack a trench around 70/30 kief and herb. It sure packs a wallop.

I don't know what it is but I'm honestly enjoying the manual vapes a lot more since getting a vapcap. I guess I can just enjoy the flavour a lot more now that I've been using that most of the time.

Maybe I just enjoy the play that's involved with them.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Holy hell I forgot how damn good this thing is with kief.

I like to pack a trench around 70/30 kief and herb. It sure packs a wallop.

I don't know what it is but I'm honestly enjoying the manual vapes a lot more since getting a vapcap. I guess I can just enjoy the flavour a lot more now that I've been using that most of the time.

Maybe I just enjoy the play that's involved with them.
I used my mflb after using my Nano/LSV/Air for a year...
Got a brand new one the other day with warranty, figured I'd try her out, and it was awesome.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
@AJS Yeah that kinda sounds like my situation. I'm at the point where I kinda want to retire my Nano too, it's served me well but I find the stems need constant maintenance and restrict the draw way too quickly and bugs my neck way too much, while I combust way too frequently with my LSV leaves me using either my MFLB, Lotus, or Vapcap more often. Which is ironic because the others are supposed to be easier to use but not for me I guess.

I've got this new draw technique that I've never tried before and it works super well. Instead of closing my lips while drawing on the stem I let two air holes on the side of my mouth so I get a really airy draw. It must just provide the perfect rate for vapour production because I get some pretty decent hits this way. My box actually makes a whistle while doing this.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've always done the nose inhalation technique to form a vacuum pull in the throat. Works flawless for large hits.
I've found work around with the nano getting clogged, never an issue for me anymore.
Never combusted my lsv except once to test the limits. The mflb is just a fun little device, but after years of use, will never be my daily again.

Magicflite

New member here. Love my solo its my main everyday vaporizer. I just picked up a MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX. Still learning. I combusted my first load, so any tips Would be greatly appreciated. Do you keep the battery pressed in and let the material continously heat or do you engage the battery with each draw?Thanks

Top Bottom