• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
Amazon has some great rechargeable batteries. All you have to do is search "magic flight launch box" and they are at the top of the page. They are a little more powerful and charge significantly faster than the standard batteries. They also come in a pack of 4 and a battery case. And are the same price as 2 mflb batteries. I was running them for a while up until I got the pa.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It's easy to do pushing too hard. Most NiMH makers consider it fatal to let it get below 1 Volt or so, unlike NiCds. The do much better with a fresh charge anyway. As soon as I notice them slow down (lower heat, longer wait) I swap them. The key is to have spares ready so you're not tempted.

OF

With the Glyph batteries i never really notice a decrease in power until they quickly just fade out and die during a hit, the hit before it dies being as strong as the first one with no slowing down until they're just flat out dead(or at least can't light the light or heat the box).

That's my experience with the newer batteries anywho.

OF

With the Glyph batteries i never really notice a decrease in power until they quickly just fade out and die during a hit, the hit before it dies being as strong as the first one with no slowing down until they're just flat out dead(or at least can't light the light or heat the box).

Yep they cool off faster than most for sure. Which is both good and bad. Little or no warning can goof your plans up OTOH having performance taper off leads the the 'frog in a pan' issue as guys compensate for gradual decline. At first I think it's a good plan to rotate batteries early so discharge isn't a factor. After you get to know the box it's time to get to know the fine points of your battery options. Mixing weak batteries into the learning process can goof a guy up big time.

OF

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I find that the MFLB eventually kills my batteries. How long do they last if discharged and recharging them correctly?

the Glyphs occasionally lose their staying power and retraining/refreshing them takes a long time and gets you limited returns so I've taken to just throwing them out or marking them to note which are headed for the trash bin.

I agree that the box eventually kills the batteries, however i have had great success with refresh and recharge cycles in the maha 9000 charger i use. A virtually unusable battery is resurrected to almost new. Granted they don't last quite as long but they have close to full power, and certainly more than enough for the box and it greatly extends the usable life of the batteries.

A quality charger using slower charging rate also extends their usable life so refresh cycles are needed less often.

After the launch box has had their way with them, i wrap sticky tape around them and use them in low power usage items like tv remote controls. Many uses and a long useful life for mflb vets can be an option.

Theres also lots of battery recycle options too these days, rather than landfill if you get the chance.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I agree that the box eventually kills the batteries, however i have had great success with refresh and recharge cycles in the maha 9000 charger i use. A virtually unusable battery is resurrected to almost new. Granted they don't last quite as long but they have close to full power, and certainly more than enough for the box and it greatly extends the usable life of the batteries.

I have the BT-C2000 V2.1 and it does a great job of refresh/recharge. It takes around 2 days to complete the cycle for me and I've noticed that after the second attempt at a refresh/recharge the law of diminishing returns has kicked in. The power output is fine but I only get a third of the staying power. That's when I mark them as 'don't bother/trash'. I don't want to get surprised by one of these weak sisters when I am out and about. At first I used the original MFLB charger and it would make the batteries almost too hot to touch. I think it's the batteries I used in the original MFLB charger that are not holding up to the refresh cycle.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Where did you get those wooden 18mm (or is that 14mm?) connector to the LB stem? That would be perfect for the way I want to set mine up. Great looking rig!

He picked that up from @Alan who makes the Toasty top/Heat Island vapes. he posted it here a little while ago. You can hit him up to make you one by email at alan@toasty-top.com

I really want one too but for the time being can't really be pulling out the water tools.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
He picked that up from @Alan who makes the Toasty top/Heat Island vapes. he posted it here a little while ago. You can hit him up to make you one by email at alan@toasty-top.com

I really want one too but for the time being can't really be pulling out the water tools.
Still in that situation hey Rude?

Yeah Alan is a boss! I have a 14mm, but he will do whatever you want! He is genius with what he does.

SmokingElectricity

Do they still honor the warranty??

Emailed them 3 times trying to get a new box and haven't got a response.

Yes they do. They got back to me the night of this post. Should have my new box tomorrow.

brent_rambo_approves.gif

Simon S

Ive had the MFLB for about a year now, and I think its an awesome vaporizer! The functionality is very unique and effective. It produces alot of vapor very fast. Definitely one of the best in the price range!

The design of the vaporizer and especially the accessories are very nice. And you have to love the thought of the many artisans handcrafting your vaporizer in sunny California, with the wood of beautiful trees!

The only thing bothering me a little bit, is that you need to transport it in the tin box, or some kind of cover, as it have alot of small pieces. Of course you can easily transport it, but you cant just have it with you in a small pocket as it is.
Also you have to grind the herb very fine to use the MFLB properly. But thats not a problem with the awesome MFLB finishing grinder, fitting right onto the champer! Definitely very handy, but I guess a cheaper finishing grinder will do fine as well.

Recently I also acquired the Power Adapter 2.0, and it takes it to a whole 'nother level! Its possible to heat the champer even faster, and in higher temperatures, allowing seriously critical hits! Its also more comfortable to use. But obviously you cant use it on the go, and again its a little troublesome to transport.

Last edited:

OF

The only thing bothering me a little bit, is that you need to transport it in the tin box, or some kind of cover, as it have alot of small pieces. Of course you can easily transport it, but you cant just have it with you in a small pocket as it is.

Recently I also acquired the Power Adapter 2.0, and it takes it to a whole 'nother level! Its possible to heat the champer even faster, and in higher temperatures, allowing seriously critical hits! Its also more comfortable to use. But obviously you cant use it on the go, and again its a little troublesome to transport.

It's not all that hard I think. For instance I often put all it in a small camera case:
ihx21UY.jpg

The four AA battery box has two more (charged) batteries and two vials with more prepared herb. Plenty for several trenches. It's plenty small for my pockets, but if that's too big put the box in one pocket and the four AA box in the other?

And I used my PA in the garden a LOT early on, I just plugged it into a battery pack I built in one pocket and put it and the box in the other. I used to keep them in a jacket, ready to go. Just feed the PA 12 Volts (3 18650s in my case) and you're good.

Not ideal, but IMO not really difficult to do either.

OF

Simon S

It's not all that hard I think. For instance I often put all it in a small camera case:

The four AA battery box has two more (charged) batteries and two vials with more prepared herb. Plenty for several trenches. It's plenty small for my pockets, but if that's too big put the box in one pocket and the four AA box in the other?

And I used my PA in the garden a LOT early on, I just plugged it into a battery pack I built in one pocket and put it and the box in the other. I used to keep them in a jacket, ready to go. Just feed the PA 12 Volts (3 18650s in my case) and you're good.

Not ideal, but IMO not really difficult to do either.

OF

No, its absolutely not a big problem, but I think its a bit too much of a fuss. Its definitely much more convenient to use my Flowermate on the go!

Good idea to use a camera case! Would be cool if Magic Flight made a case designet for it!

Simon S,

CarrotWarrior

Been a while since I busted out my MFLB. I forgot how much I love the whole experience from their products. Great vape, and great system. :) Time to get lifted!

QgRW5rH.jpg

What a setup, simple box and beautiful accessories :sherlock:.. Can't wait for my warranty box to come in :uhoh:

CarrotWarrior,
Reactions: Verax

horst

horsed
Still love my MFLB and just in time for the third anniversary of our relationship, I stumbled upon the Matt Manson Edition and instantly fell in love. Always wanted a walnut launchbox to match my stashbox woodtype but couldn't argument myself into buying another until my main LB happens something bad. The plans changed and I got a new and fancy LB for special moments at home to celebrate and enjoy. :love:

Yep they cool off faster than most for sure. Which is both good and bad. Little or no warning can goof your plans up OTOH having performance taper off leads the the 'frog in a pan' issue as guys compensate for gradual decline. At first I think it's a good plan to rotate batteries early so discharge isn't a factor. After you get to know the box it's time to get to know the fine points of your battery options. Mixing weak batteries into the learning process can goof a guy up big time.

OF

Is it safe to recharge a glyph battery after each trench or do the half used states harm the condition in another way?

horst,
Reactions: OF

OF

Is it safe to recharge a glyph battery after each trench or do the half used states harm the condition in another way?

Nope. Two shallow discharges with a charge between is LOTS better than running it down. I recommend keeping the batteries 'fresh'. I like to plan on one (.125 gram) trench per battery. They'll easily do more, but it's much easier to control the action at full heating.

High temperatures and deep discharges are the enemy of these guys. We abuse them something awful getting the huge power output we crave, IMO it's a good plan to make it as easy as possible for them in other areas? These are race horses, not plow horses.

OF

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
Not sure if anyone is following the Power Adapter 2.4 story, but the MFLB folks posted this update over on some of their subreddits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mflb/comments/46noq9/pa_24_design_update/

Greetings fellow space time travelers!

We wanted to drop a line to all of you and share development updates for the newly redesigned Power Adapter 2.4. In the spirit of transparency, we want you to know where things stand and keep you in the loop as we get closer to the goal of returning to market with a rock solid power source for your Magic-Flight Launch Box, Muad-Dib and Monocle.

We've officially completed the alpha testing stage. Your comments and feedback have been absolutely invaluable to us! While most of the feedback from the alpha run was positive, there were a few aspects of the design that still needed to be strengthened.

Our product development team met today in a roundtable session to put finishing touches on the Beta incarnation of Power Adapter 2.4.

The modular design features enable us to use superior quality parts for the overall build. This also means we can now replace individual components if they ever malfunction, rather than the entire unit. This will not only save money, but also help us as we continually strive toward eco-friendly manufacturing practices.

The consensus on the braided cables was unanimously positive. The quality of materials used for both the outer casing and internal wiring have been upgraded. We decided that the double-sided pin connectors needed to be more robust and we will have a protective sheath around them going forward. Since each and every Launch Box is handcrafted, slight variations exist within the battery port. We will produce provisional batches of the battery adapter portion of the PA to accommodate Boxes that may fit too snugly. The beta version will also have a power indicator light and +/- dots on the heat dial. The wooden edges on the battery adapter will be rounded out and softened to make it more ergonomic/ comfortable on the fingers or palms to press.

Opinions with regards to the aesthetics of the newer version were a mixed bag. Some really liked the "return to roots" simplicity. Others thought it looked DIY and not nearly as pretty as others in our product line. We understand and hope those folks will bear in mind that we literally sent out the buck naked prototype for real world testing. We felt strongly that this method would yield the most honest and accurate feedback results possible. We see our products as an intersection of the ancient and the modern, taking the best of both worlds to produce affordable fine craftsmanship and functional art. While we will always do what we can to make products that are easy on the eyes, if not downright sexy… supreme functionality must take precedence.

Most companies don't let you see inside the design process itself, much less invite the public to participate in an alpha testing phase. However, we feel it's the least we can do to say "thank you" for your patience through this redesign process. We also feel it's important to demonstrate not only how closely we are paying attention to your input, but that we are working with all of you to produce products you can rely on and be proud of. In this instance, you are co-creators of the next-generation adapter. In a broader sense, you are the very reason we exist and we want to sustain this relationship for life. Inviting you along in these preliminary steps is our way of demonstrating how intimacy implies loyalty.

Stay tuned!

Until next time, remember to wave at school buses and smile at strangers.

-With love Magic-Flight

Rover

The Rasta Jew
I just did my brand new box a disservice. I just put a dab right on the screen. I know I'm gonna wish I hadn't done that eventually, but I think it will be ok. There's now a spot on my screen but that should fade with time.

Rover,

Vape Dr.

@bounce5 would this work? I don't have an orbiter so I don't know the dimensions.

http://www.puffitup.com/Large-Magic-Flight-Launch-Box-Vape-Case-p/vc.mflb-lg.htm

For what its worth I made a case for my magic flight bottle rocket from a planetvape solo stem "case".
They also sell the tubes at DIY beer places. I believe brewers yeast comes in them.

It is very thick and it holds all the parts snugly, protects the glass and doesn't rattle around. Great for safe storage or on the go. The wooden piece plugs the top!
You could actually use it as a the worlds smallest bubbler if you wanted to.:lol:

Just thought I'd share.:)

bounce5

@bounce5 would this work? I don't have an orbiter so I don't know the dimensions.

http://www.puffitup.com/Large-Magic-Flight-Launch-Box-Vape-Case-p/vc.mflb-lg.htm

For what its worth I made a case for my magic flight bottle rocket from a planetvape solo stem "case".
They also sell the tubes at DIY beer places. I believe brewers yeast comes in them.

It is very thick and it holds all the parts snugly, protects the glass and doesn't rattle around. Great for safe storage or on the go. The wooden piece plugs the top!
You could actually use it as a the worlds smallest bubbler if you wanted to.:lol:

Just thought I'd share.:)

I saw that case. It would work. I kind of wish that there was a neat egg container that would hold the Orbiter like a Vapman egg-like container.

Nice container for the bottle rocket parts. Since I want to use the bubbler with a vapman and potentially a log vape or the lotus, bottle rocket isn't the best choice for me. I also dislike whips and their silicone flavor. To each his/her own.

bounce5,
Reactions: Vape Dr.
Top Bottom