momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Have either of you tried asking Magic Flight about this? I haven't had mine as long, but can see where this kind of build up can happen over time. It's one of the reasons I haven't wanted to put any kief in. I see how quickly it dirties up my whip when I add it and figured it would ruin the box.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
Have either of you tried asking Magic Flight about this? I haven't had mine as long, but can see where this kind of build up can happen over time. It's one of the reasons I haven't wanted to put any kief in. I see how quickly it dirties up my whip when I add it and figured it would ruin the box.
No, I haven't asked Magic Flight. I was just curious if anyone else had thought about this. I don't use kief or hash in my Launch Box either, but I still have a build up of resin on the wood, under the screen. My herb is very potent, covered in trich's, but I didn't think it would be a problem vaping it in the LB.

Vicki,

nickzzzx

When I cleaned my box for the first time, I noticed a little bit of honey under the screen, on the wood. I used a qtip with rubbing alcohol to clean the screen, after I did an empty screen burn. To get most of the honey from under the screen, I used the stirring tool from my Da Buddha. It's basically a thin metal rod. You can alternatively use a metal paper clip of some kind, I would assume. Just scrape the shit out and collect if you want. Be careful when you scrape though because there's the LED light in the back and theres the screen right above where you're scraping. You can POSSIBLY BREAK YOUR SCREEN if you aren't careful when you scrape, so take your time and do it slow. One poke at the screen and it could be dislodged or have a hole in it.

nickzzzx,

steiner666

Serial vapist
yeah i've used my poker to lightly scrape the goo from under my trench as well. Got a little half-sized pea thats totally black and shiney. Not sure what to do with it yet, i'll probably throw it in with the wandhash next time i kief it up and then vape it in my SSV.

steiner666,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
nickzzzx said:
When I cleaned my box for the first time, I noticed a little bit of honey under the screen, on the wood. I used a qtip with rubbing alcohol to clean the screen, after I did an empty screen burn. To get most of the honey from under the screen, I used the stirring tool from my Da Buddha. It's basically a thin metal rod. You can alternatively use a metal paper clip of some kind, I would assume. Just scrape the shit out and collect if you want. Be careful when you scrape though because there's the LED light in the back and theres the screen right above where you're scraping. You can POSSIBLY BREAK YOUR SCREEN if you aren't careful when you scrape, so take your time and do it slow. One poke at the screen and it could be dislodged or have a hole in it.
Ok, I understand how you are doing it. Thanks for the info. :)

Accidentally poking the screen scares me a lot. I may have no choice but to utilize your method if the build up gets really, really bad, which it probably will since I am using it as my main vaporizer.

Vicki,

sfld

Where is the best place/CHEAPEST to get the magic flight from? I know someone had a coupon from vapeworld or something, is that the most recent model? I would like to purchase the latest technology that magic flight has out... Also do they still mail it with that little clear container in which i can store my bud in? I like that it came with that.

sfld,

steiner666

Serial vapist
sfld said:
Where is the best place/CHEAPEST to get the magic flight from? I know someone had a coupon from vapeworld or something, is that the most recent model? I would like to purchase the latest technology that magic flight has out... Also do they still mail it with that little clear container in which i can store my bud in? I like that it came with that.
FC2010 is the promo code i always use are VW. I got mine from there and it had the newer charger and LED, they process and ship really fast too. Mine didnt come with a abv stash container, but it did come with an orange acrylic 2 piece grinder with metal pegs for teeth.

steiner666,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sfld said:
I'm not sure about the cheapest place, but BlissSville has awesome customer service. That's where I got mine. I bought the Launch Box and 2 extra batteries. It was 107.00 total, with free shipping. I'm pretty sure BlissSville is the Magic Flight company too, so I'm sure they have the latest technology. ;)

Yes, the little clear container came with mine, and I also use it to store my finely ground herbs. In fact, I store everything I need in the handy tin they send with it too. I also made an ABV container out of an old film container. I can store a lot in that storage tin. The ABV container, the clear container that holds my ground herbs, the Launch Box itself, 4 batteries (in their plastic storage containers), a small makeup brush, and a tiny scoop I made from a plastic straw. Surprisingly, that storage tin fits nicely in my purse, and is never noticed. :D

Vicki,

sfld

thanks vicki! I looked on vapeworld.com and with 2 extra batterys plus the unit it comes out to

97 shipped.

I wonder if anyone can chime in and tell me if vapeworld has the latest product? Or if they do drop shipping of some sort.
Thanks

sfld,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I got a LB from there mid-february that was like 16xxx serial number and then a week or so ago i got one from blissville directly that was like 25xxx. I'm not sure if this holds true in general, but the higher number model seems better all around. It runs hotter than the other ever did and therefor vapes the herb more thoroughly and quickly, the LED is brighter and illuminates the area of the box below the trench well, looks like it is a different type of LED. It just feels and performs better in slight ways. The wood also looks nicer than the wood on my first model ever did.

sfld, i'd recommend just giving the guys at vapeworld a call or use their live support and say you're looking at getting a newer model number LB so you get the latest revision. Ask them what the number on their boxes are and/or when they got them in. I'm sure they will be as helpful as possible.

steiner666,

tokenitup

Just got the Launch Box! Very fast delivery, and the package is neat!

Still trying to get the perfect hang of it, I got 2 good vapor rips from each bowl, then I can't seem to get much more. Used 2 batteries for my first 3 bowls, on to my 3rd for my 4th bowl...feeling pretty good, but not Vape Bonged yet! I think about 4-5 bowls would be good for an every day user, but doing 4 bowls is a lot of battery power, and unless you have an electrical socket near by, you might be SOL.

I obviously still need to learn the thing, but I was taking the batteries out before I completed my rips, and was able to burn it a little bit too. This thing is very cool and worth the 97$ I paid for it, no doubt!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best possible rip? I realized on my 3rd bowl that powder fine herb is the way to go, I kept reading that finely ground was good, but I didnt realize how big of a difference it makes for the first rip or two.

Another question: How much do I load in the trench? First I loaded a good amount, but didn't get that good of a bowl (got one good vapor rip then it started burning). Then when I loaded a tiny amount, like just enough to cover the bottom screen, I got about the same amount of vapor out of it. Question is, should I load the tiny bowls or do I need to pack it up?

Edit just read steiner's post and I have a 19xxx, got it from VapeWorld...hah, making me kinda wish I had gone from blissville! Ah well, how can I tell if it is the newer style LED? It looks like mine is a little orange (when on) light bulb wire towards the back of the box.

tokenitup,

freshievapour

sfld said:
Hi,

I got mine from www.vaporlot.com (don't know if I'm allowed to link on here or not?) for 69.99 & I think thats one of the best places for UK as their customer service is top notch & I have bought a SSV & LB from them. Via Ebay but will use their online store direct next time as I heard they give coupons & discounts to their customers. Both times I got next day delivery & all my questions have been answered within 24 hours. Think I heard a few other people mention them too.

As for the Launch Box it's great! I tend to go through phases on what I use & can't really make my mind on which I prefer so it means they must both be as good as each other! Mine didn't come with a tin but it the small clear round ABV tub which is really handy and a UK charger & was the newest version with LED.

Lovin it!

freshievapour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
tokenitup said:
Edit just read steiner's post and I have a 19xxx, got it from VapeWorld...hah, making me kinda wish I had gone from blissville! Ah well, how can I tell if it is the newer style LED? It looks like mine is a little orange (when on) light bulb wire towards the back of the box.
As i said, the light on the new unit completely illuminates the inside of the box when you're looking through the hole. On my older model the light, at its brightest, was clearly visible but everything else was still pretty much shadow. I also noticed there seems to be little... ledges in the wood on the new one that seem to help hold the screen up on the sides. If you hold the LB upright (trench at bottom, logo at top) these ledges are on the left and right side of the screens circle.

I guess only someone from MF could really say what changes the LB has undergone, and when in the product number the changes were made.

As far as usage tips. yeah, grinding up fine (easiest with 2 piece grinder) is essential to properly enjoying the LB. I usually fill my trench around halfway full and can get at least half a dozen decent hits out of it. Then i dump the trench and crush the herb with the flat end of battery into a finer powder and get 3-4 more hits. By the end of this I am sufficiently stoned. Even after these ~10 hits, my battery can easily vape a whole other trench the same way. Did you charge your batteries before first usage? You should be getting better life out of them.

On my older one, I needed to hit VERY slow, and take little half second pauses every3-5 seconds during my hit in order to let the LB stay hot enough to provide a satisfying hit. On my new one, i dont need to do that as it runs a good bit hotter, but it does seem to have more issues with stuff getting stuck to the screen, but that may pass.

Even though the new LB vapes better than the older one, I must say that since my SSV showed up, I have been re-vaping a weeks worth of LB ABV in it and getting some massive rips out of it. So if you have another vape i would definitely recommend giving the herb another pass in it, if it has a higher temp setting. I actually re-vaped about 2 LB trenches worth of LB ABV (under .2 grams) in my SSV b4 work today and i still dont feel completely sober lol and thats been a good 4 hours. The stuff i've b een vaping is mainly indica tho, so maybe thats why it likes to give off such goodness at higher temps.

steiner666,

B.

War Criminal
steiner666 said:
I also noticed there seems to be little... ledges in the wood on the new one that seem to help hold the screen up on the sides. If you hold the LB upright (trench at bottom, logo at top) these ledges are on the left and right side of the screens circle.
I saw that too. I also feel like the airflow is a little more restricted, which I like. It seems to be easier to get a little denser vapor. Wonder if it's an intentional change or the result of slight variations from one box to the next.

B.,

tokenitup

that's crazy shit, thanks a ton for all the info. That's exactly what I need. Trying out another bowl (#6 I think...hand crushing it is working best for my stuff, its a little dry so its good. Here goes!...

Pics of unwrapping the new Launch Box!

Also, to those that I've been talkin to here, one of those is the loaded trench, are those wooden things on the side of the bowl what you guys are referring to? I'm hoping I got the new version, the bud does get stuck to the screen as steiner was saying..

tokenitup,

happydays

The screen to mine seems to have shrunk with use. I don't know if it is affecting the performance or not, but it's popped out of the groove by the conductor coming from the battery and made a depression. It seems like it takes a little longer to get a hit all of a sudden.
Also at times the lid make a super tight seal,so i can't get a hit at all, I have to open the lid a bit.
Any one else have the same experience?

happydays,

smurf22

I ordered my launch box 9 days ago and thanks to my room mate not getting my joke name (he sent it back as return to sender) I just got it today. How ever blisssvile was very helpful for every step, including shipping me my box back without charging me! I tried the launch box a few minutes ago and it is wonderful. Nice warm hits (no coughing), easy pull, and ease of shut off make it stand out. It will be my go to vape for stealth and for speed.

smurf22,

iceshark

Ice Man
I am baked from using my LB right now. Shared it with friends. Both going to Still smoking in Seattle to pick one up in the morning. These things create thier own advertising by using.

iceshark,

tokenitup

So I showed it to my sister yesterday, and she actually managed to catch the bud inside on fire...now the thing smells like burnt wood...I'm fuckin pissed...

Anyone know a way to try to clean it out? I'm gonna try the Q-tip + 91% ISO, hope that will work.

tokenitup,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Don't get too worked up. :) All is not lost. I combusted a couple of times, big time, in the beginning. Celan it by putting your battery in for a couple of 10 sec. sessions with the lid open. The smell and taste should go away especially after you've put herb through it a couple of times after cleaning it.

momofthegoons,

wthanna

tokenitup said:
So I showed it to my sister yesterday, and she actually managed to catch the bud inside on fire...now the thing smells like burnt wood...I'm fuckin pissed...

Anyone know a way to try to clean it out? I'm gonna try the Q-tip + 91% ISO, hope that will work.
Use the brush! Q-tip is going to leave cotton behind (tried it myself once ;) ) The brush and a couple of drops of alcohol works pretty well. Do it when the unit is cold. When it is dry and empty, with the lid open, allow a fresh battery to run for a minute, this will burn off debris left on the screen.

wthanna,

tokenitup

Thanks guys, I was getting a little upset heh...I'll do that when I get home from work later, I already brushed it all out let it sit open for a while and air out. It just smells terrible, every time I smelled it I got mad again.

tokenitup,

swizzy

I finally bought a LB, my first vaporizer-- just got it yesterday and after 3 sessions I think I've mostly got the hang of it.

I have two main curiosities for launch box users:

1) how finely do you grind your herb? Any pics of what's ideal? I'm using a somewhat cheap 4-piece grinder that come with the LB (from puffitup.com- they were great by the way) that does the job but it's not very finely ground.

2) Is the LB supposed to come with a short (1-inch or so) peg stem? Mine only came with a longer, maybe 3-inch stem, and I'm disappointed because one of the main reasons I chose the LB was for stealth and the longer stem isn't as stealthy. Do we have to buy the short stem separately or something? :/ [the number on the back of the LB is 19xxxx, in case that matters]

Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased so far.. what is normally about 3 hits' worth of herb ground up and vaporized in the LB gets me to places I normally go only after smoking twice that quantity. I just have to get better about controlling the temperature and evenly vaping the herb (I'm still getting alot of blackened herb when there's still bright green herb in there too).

Anyway, glad to have discovered this forum and the LB. Good to be here, and thank you to everyone who makes this community possible. :)

swizzy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Swizzy, welcome to FC!

As mentioned previously in this thread the longer stem can be cut into shorter stems very easily. They used to include different lengths, now you cut your own desired length. Extras can also be ordered but not necessary.

Also I've found that there are many different methods folks use to grind. For the box & me I find a nice grind in the 4 piece gives me nice aromatic hits in the box. Then I crumble the herb after a few puffs since it is considerably drier at that point. It is like reloading the trench to me. Very efficient and I can actually crush it a few times if I load larger trenches.

Good luck and enjoy your LB :D

Lo,

swizzy

Wow, thanks for the quick response, Lo. I'll try the re-crumbling tip, and figure out a way to cut the stem too. Thank you :)

swizzy,
Top Bottom