The Lotus Vaporizer

wisherly

I'm now getting the best results by using a shorter flame length with the Honest lighter, just over half the full length of the side of the lotus flower, or about 1/2".

Using this flame length and swirling in very small circles I get nice long multiple hits from a very small amount of herbs and great flavor. I'm using the recommended 4 sec. preheat and backing off with the torch as vapor thickens, and this is with the wpa in my bubbler. Using the aluminum stem seems to heat up the bowl much quicker, although I'm not sure why that is. Maybe I need to increase my draw when using the aluminum stem, or maybe it needs cleaning.

The learning curve is long on this vape. I do find myself doing my whole routine without thinking about what I'm doing as much any more, but improving technique with the Lotus seems to be something I can work on forever. It's fun to learn how to perfect technique. It makes it more interesting to vape than with something like a cloud, which takes almost no technique.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
The learning curve is long on this vape. I do find myself doing my whole routine without thinking about what I'm doing as much any more, but improving technique with the Lotus seems to be something I can work on forever. It's fun to learn how to perfect technique. It makes it more interesting to vape than with something like a cloud, which takes almost no technique.

I agree completely with this. It's why I love both units.
The Cloud offers absolutely idiot proof results and needs no consideration about draw speed etc so it's 'mindless' to use.

But the Lotus, in comparison, is almost a 'thinking person's vape'. There are numerous different variables to experiment with. Like you said, it's fun to perfect your technique over time. I actually caught myself admiring my own vastly improved technique recently... lol :D

1337Dude

My only real problem, which is to blame for my long learning process before I managed my first long hit, was that my fancy 'Honest' lighter doesn't work very well. The length of the flame often varies mid-hit (sometimes it will decrease to half the size...then go to back to normal size seconds later), and I have to constantly reignite the flame (3-5 times per hit). It's rare that I can get a hit without my lighter acting up on me. Using Colibri butane.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
My only real problem, which is to blame for my long learning process before I managed my first long hit, was that my fancy 'Honest' lighter doesn't work very well. The length of the flame often varies mid-hit (sometimes it will decrease to half the size...then go to back to normal size seconds later), and I have to constantly reignite the flame (3-5 times per hit). It's rare that I can get a hit without my lighter acting up on me. Using Colibri butane.

Sounds like you need to turn your flame up a bit. Just do it tiny amounts at a time and test the results.
I found that too low a flame would cause the sputtering, uneven flame and flameouts, especially when in the position of pointed down at the Lotus plate.
Something to try. Hope it helps.

ollent

For folks using ISO, consider using acetone instead. It cleans faster, and works as well cold as ISO does when it's warm. It also dries faster, although I still rinse with water so that point is moot.

Incidentally, checking in after a few months of ownership. Still love it. Great piece. I need a better manufactured mini-bub though, the $35 prodo knock off is fine, but isn't well put together.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Acetone from the shelf is contaminated with industrial by products, you're not getting it lab grade. It's a powerful solvent so you get that shit penetrating your stuff even deeper. By itself the pure acetone, is a nasty solvant, extremely poisonous. Isopropyl alcohol has been designed as a safer alternative to it but it's still chemical and toxic. I get it 99,99% (sold as suitable for extractions), you can clean your stuff very nice with it and nothing is left.

I was using it on Q-tips to clean my stuff but I recently noticed there was some kind of glue to get the cotton in place. And theses are "ecological" Q-tips with a European certification. Pieces of ... Good enough to get the shit out of my ears but that's it. The iso dissolves that glue so you end up smearing it on your stuff while you think you're cleaning it. I'm super OCD so luckily I did not did it much before I realized it. I think it depends on the brand of the Q-tips, the previous box I had was not like that, but maybe there was some less obvious crap.

Always wonder, what kind of chemical contaminants are hiding in there

About the lotus, I'm still searching for a torch that is not cheap crap made with poor materials. I don't mind about the cost, I want a large tank, and the perfect sized lotus flame.

Last edited:

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
About the lotus, I'm still searching for a torch that is not cheap crap made with poor materials. I don't mind about the cost, I want a large tank, and the perfect sized lotus flame.

Look for a decent creme brulee torch. Some can get a flame to go 1/2" long (but make sure the flame lengths is in the description), and they have bigger tanks than pocketable lighters.

Last edited:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Look for a decent creme brulee torch. Some can get a flame to go 1/2" long (but make sure the flame lengths is in the description), and they have bigger tanks than pocketable lighters.

I have the Rösle Crême Brulée Torch, but the flame is so big, it would melt and burn the lotus right away. Thanks for the suggestion. You were spot on for the materials cause the one I got is stainless steel for the tank, and nylon. It's food grade and I have been able to open it and iso wash every part. Of course I would love the same torch at a smaller scale.

Someone got himself a nice torch, something that doesn't include weak plastics ? The plastic tank on my honest has cracks allover in the inside, and this thing doesn't want to ignite properly and keep a good steady flame, keeping me away from enjoying the lotus, it's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Vapodudule

Last edited:

natural farmer

I have the Rösle Crême Brulée Torch, but the flame is so big, it would melt and burn the lotus right away. Thanks for the suggestion. You were spot on for the materials cause the one I got is stainless steel for the tank, and nylon. It's food grade and I have been able to open it and iso wash every part. Of course I would love the same torch at a smaller scale.

Someone got himself a nice torch, something that doesn't include weak plastics ? The plastic tank on my honest has cracks allover in the inside, and this thing doesn't want to ignite properly and keep a good steady flame, keeping me away from enjoying the lotus, it's a pain in the ass.

I also had an Honest like yours. Full of cracks, I mean. Fortunately they are so cheap I got a dozen and most of them work perfectly for some time now. And you can also get replacements for the broken ones so... Not all Honests are crap.

vorrange

Vapor.wise

http://www.turboflame.co.uk/arc.php

I don't have it but i found it by someone recomending it, i think it was in FC

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turboflame-Arc-Lighter/dp/B000BNTQJC

natural farmer

have you tried this?

http://www.planete-sfactory.com/p1535/BRIQUET-PRINCE-POCKET-TORCH-PB207/product_info.html

i have one for 10+ years, still working like a charm.

For the Lotus, i began using the PB207, the size of the flame necessary for lotus is the top of the range for my unit. Now i use the torch from vapman:

https://shop.vapman.com/products_new.php?language=en

the clear 16ml (CHF 15-) is heaven

very impressive of performance.

Is this the same one with the Vapman's?

http://dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-1320

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to say, I have been favoring the lotus/blaze over my others lately, it's more portable and gets me super thick vapor hits comparable to those I get from the sublimator, not that I am ready to stop using that one by any means, but the freedom to roam about with my new favorite bubbler and vape together is a real bonus!
I've also adopted the heat 2-3 seconds before drawing technique and really like the results.

My favorite combo right now, added some bling to the blaze :D

b0VnY7h.jpg

natural farmer

I have to say, I have been favoring the lotus/blaze over my others lately, it's more portable and gets me super thick vapor hits comparable to those I get from the sublimator, not that I am ready to stop using that one by any means, but the freedom to roam about with my new favorite bubbler and vape together is a real bonus!

That's one of the major reasons I fall in love with the Lotus so much… Utter freedom baby!!! I really believe a Lotus with an even bigger bowl (somewhere around .5g) could be a very serious contender for desktop vapes 5x the price point for those people who just happen to have lots of herbs available! ;)

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
That's one of the major reasons I fall in love with the Lotus so much… Utter freedom baby!!! I really believe a Lotus with an even bigger bowl (somewhere around .5g) could be a very serious contender for desktop vapes 5x the price point for those people who just happen to have lots of herbs available! ;)
lets wait and see what max pulls out the old hat, he had a hot rod version in mind lol lol lol something for the ones that like to torch real hot.
Wohooo!!!!!
Still loving my Lotus,!!!

Really digging this vape. The flavor is epic and it works great with every pipe I've put it on. I think my ssv is starting to collect dust...
Awesome vid, yup thats the lotus at work, right there!!!!!:tup::tup::clap::clap:

natural farmer

lets wait and see what max pulls out the old hat, he had a hot rod version in mind lol lol lol something for the ones that like to torch real hot.
Wohooo!!!!!

I am not sure what the hot rod version will be for… Hash? I can already take down a bowl in one or two draws so I don't know what a hotter Lotus could do for me…
I still find it much more effective to get smaller cooler hits and the high is more intense and prolonged like this.

Top Bottom