The Lotus Vaporizer

Well, mine arrived in the mail today. Filled up the lighter, filled up the bowl, and gave it a shot...and got no vapor. Tried again, still no vapor. I taste bud ever so slightly but can't taste any vapor. I preheated it and took long enough draws that I had to set the Lotus down for a couple minutes because it was getting too hot. I've made 6 attempts now and still can't get anything. Followed the instructions and instructional videos to a T.
Can you make a video of your session?

natural farmer

Well, mine arrived in the mail today. Filled up the lighter, filled up the bowl, and gave it a shot...and got no vapor. Tried again, still no vapor. I taste bud ever so slightly but can't taste any vapor. I preheated it and took long enough draws that I had to set the Lotus down for a couple minutes because it was getting too hot. I've made 6 attempts now and still can't get anything. Followed the instructions and instructional videos to a T.

R u sure your flame is high enough?

The thick blue part of the flame should be almost equal to the distance between the points of the Lotus leaves on the hot plate. That's an easy way to measure a 5/8" flame. If the flame is right, lower your draw speed. You 'll get it soon enough... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

1337Dude

R u sure your flame is high enough?

The thick blue part of the flame should be almost equal to the distance between the points of the Lotus leaves on the hot plate. That's an easy way to measure a 5/8" flame. If the flame is right, lower your draw speed. You 'll get it soon enough... ;)
Is it the thick blue part of the flame I'm supposed to be touching to the circle, or the tip of the entire flame? I'm using this with my brother and neither of us are having much luck. I'm pretty sure it's just not getting hot enough. My brother and I managed to get a few small mouthfuls of vapors, but I've already used 2 Lighter refills and went through .5g just trying to get an okay hit. My thumb hurts from holding down the lighter so I am going to try again in a little while.

I think my flame wasn't up enough.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Is it the thick blue part of the flame I'm supposed to be touching to the circle, or the tip of the entire flame? I'm using this with my brother and neither of us are having much luck. I'm pretty sure it's just not getting hot enough. My brother and I managed to get a few small mouthfuls of vapors, but I've already used 2 Lighter refills and went through .5g just trying to get an okay hit. My thumb hurts from holding down the lighter so I am going to try again in a little while.

Are you getting the dimple in the center to glow red? Don't pack down the herb...just drop in a pinch and even it out at the top with your pinky with almost no pressure. Try sinking about half the length of your flame into the dimple. Prime the dimple with about two seconds of flame until you see a glow, then start your draw, slow but steady. Swirl your flame in very small circles inside the dimple away from the edge. Report back;).

natural farmer

If the deeper blue part of the flame is at 5/8" then it's the point of this deep blue part that should touch the centre of the hot plate. No need for circles if you don't want to. The result is the same. Try to preheat more maybe. 4-5 secs or as Snappo said until u see some red glow (visible in a dark room only).
And do you feel any resistance while you draw? If you do, you probably draw too hard. Slow down... Report! :)

1337Dude

If the deeper blue part of the flame is at 5/8" then it's the point of this deep blue part that should touch the centre of the hot plate. No need for circles if you don't want to. The result is the same. Try to preheat more maybe. 4-5 secs or as Snappo said until u see some red glow (visible in a dark room only).
And do you feel any resistance while you draw? If you do, you probably draw too hard. Slow down... Report! :)
Combusted. Will need to clean and try again :p

natural farmer

Wait a minute? Did you say you already went through half a gram and didn't get a good hit? What was the colour of the herb when you dumped it? If it was dark and the pipe got very hot you might Very well be overheating it...

1337Dude

Wait a minute? Did you say you already went through half a gram and didn't get a good hit? What was the colour of the herb when you dumped it? If it was dark and the pipe got very hot you might Very well be overheating it...
The first bowls (like...8 .8g's) got browned without me getting any vapor whatsoever. Once I adjusted the flame, then I combusted.

I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I'll just need to clean it again after more practice to get rid of the foul odors.

1337Dude

Took me longer than most of you guys (many many bowls and probably an hour of practice) but I have it somewhat down now. Finally took a very nice sized hit and it definitely did me in. I think the trick was finding the right size flame and knowing how to detect too much or too little heat on the plate. It wasn't super intuitive for me to be honest, but I've never used a torch flame before. And I wish it were slightly easier to press down on, my thumbs hurt. :p

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

So I let my friends try out the vape tonight and they managed to combust with it twice...once in the water pipe adapter and once in the stem.

What's your favourite way to clean this thing? I was thinking just to rinse/ soak the adapter in some Iso, rinse out the stem in some Iso, maybe give both a hot water and soap scrub down after words as well, then just lightly go over the inside of the cap with Iso and a quetip.

Anyone got some other suggestions that are more effective?

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Took me longer than most of you guys (many many bowls and probably an hour of practice) but I have it somewhat down now. Finally took a very nice sized hit and it definitely did me in. I think the trick was finding the right size flame and knowing how to detect too much or too little heat on the plate. It wasn't super intuitive for me to be honest, but I've never used a torch flame before. And I wish it were slightly easier to press down on, my thumbs hurt. :p

Meh, also took me longer than most of these guys.
I never had the problem of getting vapor, more the problem of not combusting.
But I have it pretty well down now and I still marvel at this little vaporizer.

Sometimes there is as much genius, if not more, in simplicity than in complexity.

Dr. Plutonious

Just an ISO soak for a couple of minutes, some brushing and then rinsing with very hot water and a soaping will do the job just fine I believe... ;) The WA is so easy to clean... :)
Did your friends made it after all? Did they hit it correctly in the end?

They had hit it successfully before. I tried to give em an idea of how they red dot worked but they didn't seem to understand.

The most shocking thing honestly was how well the Lotus can milk a piece. I'm still finding my technique with water pipes but I got some fattt hits earlier.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
So I let my friends try out the vape tonight and they managed to combust with it twice...once in the water pipe adapter and once in the stem.

What's your favourite way to clean this thing? I was thinking just to rinse/ soak the adapter in some Iso, rinse out the stem in some Iso, maybe give both a hot water and soap scrub down after words as well, then just lightly go over the inside of the cap with Iso and a quetip.

Anyone got some other suggestions that are more effective?

Someone said earlier in the thread that they ripped a rubber o-ring when trying to take it off so they can dump the WPA in ISO. Rubber will eventually breakdown in ISO, which is why they were trying to take it off. I would do the same.

However, I don't want to accidentally rip it, so I think Qtip + ISO would be a better alternative. After all, the internal surface area isn't very large so that a couple Qtips wouldn't be a PIA.

I just torch any resin off the screens. I use 2 screens, as BlazingOG does. Very great idea, BTW! Really keeps the bong cleaner.

I wouldn't use soap on either the stem or the WPA.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Someone said earlier in the thread that they ripped a rubber o-ring when trying to take it off so they can dump the WPA in ISO. Rubber will eventually breakdown in ISO, which is why they were trying to take it off. I would do the same.

However, I don't want to accidentally rip it, so I think Qtip + ISO would be a better alternative. After all, the internal surface area isn't very large so that a couple Qtips wouldn't be a PIA.

I just torch any resin off the screens. I use 2 screens, as BlazingOG does. Very great idea, BTW! Really keeps the bong cleaner.

Yeah, I first scrape the abv oil/hashy stufffrom inside and save that for a rainy day, then I iso swab the inside clean and torch both screens, then re insert the screens and your done.

Thanks @Fenton Mewley , seems to keep my pieces cleaner with less abv material in the water.:tup::tup::tup: Noticing the golden buildup more now thats its translucent.
:rockon:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, i blame the milking on the awesome heat retention provided by the constant jet flame. :D
The height of the flame changes the temp and the temperature sensor is your eyes gauging the vapor on the bong.

With time you can go by feeling and by paying attention to your throat. Having your watch in front of you and stopping before 20sec is a good way to avoid combustion as well.

Regarding the screens, i would use finer screens as well. I understand many here like them as they are, but with the HI i'm used to a finer screen and i prefer it.

It is more efficient because you maximize the surface area of the herbs, and less need to clean the stem, just the screen.

Plus, it works better with my no-grind technique. I just break the nugg with the stir stick or the toothpick from my victorinox. (great stir stick if you have a pocket knife from victorinox).

natural farmer

Why not soap? You rinse it well with hot water so what's wrong with that?
Also about torching the screens.... If you examine them under some magnification, you'll notice that there is a lot of black stuff left behind and it's not very stable either. Small particles of that black stuff will eventually be inhaled and while the quantity is minute from what you usually get from slightly burned food, it's still carcinogenic... I only clean with ISO and hot water and soap and they are sparkling clean like new.
Never had an issue with o-rings breaking from ISO... But I don't leave it for long. A minute maybe with some agitation. ;)

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
I ordered the new style j hook and WPA adapter off the Lotus sight the other day.Man the J hook just makes the Lotus shine so much more than the regular stem.You can see the top of the lotus better and no cool metal taste.I can see why Farmer loves this combo so much. I recommend anyone buying the WPA from the site to spend the extra $18 for the J hook..I can't wait to pair the Lotus with a great bubbler/bong but the J hook is the next best thing.

natural farmer

I ordered the new style j hook and WPA adapter off the Lotus sight the other day.Man the J hook just makes the Lotus shine so much more than the regular stem.You can see the top of the lotus better and no cool metal taste.I can see why Farmer loves this combo so much. I recommend anyone buying the WPA from the site to spend the extra $18 for the J hook..I can't wait to pair the Lotus with a great bubbler/bong but the J hook is the next best thing.

The j-hook is awesome yes!!! :D Congrats mate! My j has a sad crack at the bottom... :(

Anyone knows what will happen if I torch the shit out of it, getting it red hot? Will the glass bond at the crack? :p

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
The j-hook is awesome yes!!! :D Congrats mate! My j has a sad crack at the bottom... :(

Anyone knows what will happen if I torch the shit out of it, getting it red hot? Will the glass bond at the crack? :p
its a 50/ 50 . you can torch it and it could melt back together and seal the crack if torch is hot enough. Some times you have to evenly apply heat to the piece in question before you start heating a certain area. So warm her up all around , obviously not the part that your holding it from, and then heat the crack with the hottest point of the flame.
I have fixed many things like this , they might look frakenstein'd out lol but they work.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Why not soap? You rinse it well with hot water so what's wrong with that?
Also about torching the screens.... If you examine them under some magnification, you'll notice that there is a lot of black stuff left behind and it's not very stable either. Small particles of that black stuff will eventually be inhaled and while the quantity is minute from what you usually get from slightly burned food, it's still carcinogenic... I only clean with ISO and hot water and soap and they are sparkling clean like new.
Never had an issue with o-rings breaking from ISO... But I don't leave it for long. A minute maybe with some agitation. ;)

Mainly because an ISO wash would be good enough for me. I would leave the stem in the ISO for a while and swab out the WPA. That should get all the residues/particles off.

Top Bottom