The Lotus Vaporizer

CheeseSandwich

I had this one around
image-resize.aspx

It actually works pretty good. I grabbed it at a local hardware store a while back.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My main complaint about the VG is that I have to really huff that thing to get it to work and I am usually out of breath after each hit. Do you guys mostly preheat the Lotus with a lighter before hitting it or do you guys like to hit it while heating it up? And do you heat it up for each hit, or does it retain enough to have multiple hits before reheating?

CheeseSandwich

My main complaint about the VG is that I have to really huff that thing to get it to work and I am usually out of breath after each hit. Do you guys mostly preheat the Lotus with a lighter before hitting it or do you guys like to hit it while heating it up? And do you heat it up for each hit, or does it retain enough to have multiple hits before reheating?

i pre-heat for 2-3 seconds as someone had previously suggested.And heat each time I hit it. I never run out of breath before my lungs are full with this thing, Lol. I loved my VG coil when i first got it but the taste of lighter fluid always came through. Not so with this, easy, tasty lung busting hits. I also found combustion at times with the coil, with this I haven't once in over a week of constant use.

Vapodudule

I am very glad to see more and more people trying the lotus and loving it.

I totally regained some mojo for blue flame. I am such cloud chaser (naughty boy) that i do not stretch the loads and have some fat rips all over my lung instead. Loads of flower are good for 3 hits here.

Total hit of the flame in the plate for 2 sec, then move flame above in circles.

The secret i found (if it is one) is to obtain a thermal equilbrium while hitting, so you have to heat the air in the center zone to have a close to 200°C stationnary flux.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sticks, the Lotus is different from the Genie. I expected the hits to be shorter with the VG but from what i recall (havent really done a side by side comparison), the Lotus is much faster.

In 15 sec you're getting a lungfull, longer than 20sec and you're entering combustion district if you don't manage the flame distance to the flame and adjust the draw speed.

The flavour is excelent, especially with 15sec hits... longer than 20sec and i taste the wood a bit.
Don't know if its better or worse than the glass vg but i'd wager its on par because you don't inhale butane exhaust fumes.

Plus you can actually clean it and it's durable.

With glass, you're in for quite a surprise. Rivals with the best.

And it is so easy to use and fast that i find myself using it more than my HI at home, actually in 3 weeks i used my HI twice. Love the HI, but the Lotus is faster and you get that Sherlock Holmes feeling.
All you need is a round hat and a monocle.

And i'm thinking your glass vg body can be used with the lotus bong adapter, its a 14mm.

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
About the lotus, I'm still searching for a torch that is not cheap crap made with poor materials. I don't mind about the cost, I want a large tank, and the perfect sized lotus flame.
With my holiday bonus i treated myself to a jet line double torch off ebay for $29.95 Model c-45.Great lighter feels like quality and lights every time. I also seem to get much easier and faster hits with the double jet. Edit: I also picked up 2 Huge cans of Whip it Premium butane for $18 i didn't even know they made butane..Looks like someone needs to start a butane thread to find out who makes the best.

Last edited:

natural farmer

thanks VnS...do you continue to heat throughout the whole hit or are you able to stop heating it near the end of your hit?

After all these months that I am enjoying my Lotus, I believe that everyone finds a unique style of moving the flame or drawing for a hit... I, for example rarely move the flame around. With a 5/8" flame (distance between the points of the Lotus flower) I preheat for 2-4 secs, depending on the hot plate temperature, with the thick part of the flame touching the centre, then I just move the lighter further up with the point of the light part of the flame barely touching the centre and hit it for as long as I want. Playing with the distance and without even making any circles, I can have either low temp hits or high heat ones...
A very personal experience as with most manual tools humans come up with. :)

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
thanks VnS...do you continue to heat throughout the whole hit or are you able to stop heating it near the end of your hit?

Yeah, you can squeeze in like 2 or 3 seconds of vapor after you remove the flame.

I would like to add that when you just cover the screen with herb, it is pretty darn hard to achieve combustion. When you start loading the bowl halfway or more combustion can be a problem.

^^^natural farmer brings up a great point in how to preheat. From cold I like to preheat for 4 seconds, but after a few rips, the plate is hot and requires less preheating. I totally combusted a fat fresh bowl because my plate was already scorching hot and I preheated it for an additional 4 seconds. :(

Lesson learned.:science:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
thanks guys.

@vorrange Good idea about the glass VG Sherlock. I hadn't even considered using it with that.

This is on my short list of things to acquire, but I think I wanna thin out the collection first! I used to love my VGs until I started getting good electric portables...now when I use the VG I feel outta breath.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The Lotus allows to have hits that are not as hot or harsh on the throat (although i would put a finer screen if this is a concern or if you have sensitivity there), and i find it very smooth.

Plus, due to the jet lighter coupled with the hot plate it is easy to master, much easier than a VG+jet lighter, and you have a powerfull heat source that you can keep on during the hit and ajusting temp manually like NF said.

The difference to an electric portable is the powerful heat source and the fact that it is ON while you heat it. Most electric portables don't have the same heat retention as the Lotus, in fact i think none do, in the convection part at least.

I tell you, this vape is the shit. Not to be used while walking as you like to use your Solo. But for a quick session at home, or a lounge session while watching a movie or reading a book? Perfect.
Do you have a garden? Your dog and lots of birds will gather around contemplating your happiness. :D

Because most electric portables kind of force you to do a whole session from green to brown. AC powered convection units and heat-on-demand convection units like the Lotus give you much more versatility.

There is no other convection portable that comes close IMO. The firefly cost double the price and you only get slight better flavour it seems and being electric.
The Cera LL is the flop we know. And then there's the Genies. I don't think i'm forgetting anyone.

I don't know about being out of breath but i trained myself to take slow draws since it is more efficient in extraction and to maintain temperature constant in the element with long draws, but i think you can easily manage 15sec hits, heck, you can do triple that i'm sure. And more than 30sec is not advisable for the wood IMO.
So, you're good.

Holy shit 4 second preheat from cold? Is that outside cold or room temp? Because like I said I keep mine in my car and today the high is like 4degrees here in Wisconsin lol. I keep my lighter with me inside but from not lighting it the flame takes awhile to warm fully up. So it takes quite a lot of preheating for my plate to get anywhere near ready lol. More than 30 seconds. Yep I need a better lighter lol

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Holy shit 4 second preheat from cold? Is that outside cold or room temp? Because like I said I keep mine in my car and today the high is like 4degrees here in Wisconsin lol. I keep my lighter with me inside but from not lighting it the flame takes awhile to warm fully up. So it takes quite a lot of preheating for my plate to get anywhere near ready lol. More than 30 seconds. Yep I need a better lighter lol

Oh, I guess I meant room temp. I could totally understand needing a longer preheat in weather like that. Probably nothing wrong with your lighter, maybe increase the length a little more than 5/8" to accommodate the frigid air coming into the chamber?

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
With my holiday bonus i treated myself to a jet line double torch off ebay for $29.95 Model c-45.Great lighter feels like quality and lights every time. I also seem to get much easier and faster hits with the double jet. Edit: I also picked up 2 Huge cans of Whip it Premium butane for $18 i didn't even know they made butane..Looks like someone needs to start a butane thread to find out who makes the best.

I pick 12x300ml packs of newport for 34,35 EUR on ebay, theses are very good, I buy this brand because I can get them for cheap without sacrificing quality. My main torch has a huge flame and a 44ml reservoir so it goes quickly. I'd say, pick the quality brand you can access at a good price.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'm currently checking them :)

Edit : I ordered the Jet line Dante

jetlinedantesilverflame.jpg

I can't wait to try it with the lotus !

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to clean the Lotus Vapour Cap? I don't have an alan wrench small enough to take off the metal part and I want to be able to clean within the wedges and hard to reach places.

Tips?

Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Vapodudule

@Dr. Plutonious to clean the cap i just blow in it by all the holes (oh what a proposition!),
one part will be unvisible (under the double plate) i think, may be we should talk to @Max Jitter. I changed one plate so far and the under plate zone was very clean, no particles at all, just a stained color. The portion (2/3 mm ring) wood under the top plate is charred (blacky), so the wood taste with repetitive hitting.

@vorrange I persist to say that the lotus has a challenger in the person of the hammer in the butane powered convection super vape. Plus the hammer can be used as long as you have butane in the tank, no wood charred taste, massive clouds etc)

Well, i realise that analysing devices may sound snob but experiences have to be shared. FC brought me so much knowledge and help. #walletcries#vas

Cheers fellows!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, forgot the Hammer. I never said wood charred taste, i said wood taste. Carefull there.

I prefer the form factor of the Lotus, its easyness to carry around and the fact that it is a pipe. But yeah, the hammer also has all the advantages present in the Lotus in terms of extraction and taste although i did read some people say they tasted a hint of butane sometimes.

Vapodudule

Yes wood taste, but when i opened it i saw wood charred. The wood taste comes from heat applied to wood.

Vapodudule,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I know, that is why i said it is not good to heat more than 30sec. But i didn't get wood charred taste.

vorrange,
Top Bottom