The Lotus Vaporizer

filteredhead

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered an herb scoop, screens and extra hot plate (gotta be prepared!) from MT.

EZvapes shipped out their backordered natural caps today (I also got a WPA!)

I should be getting all of the goodies by Wednesday. Holy crap this is gonna be good. :nod:
Right on, hope you get it by Wednesday or maybe even sooner.

I received a call from EZV yesterday regarding my back-ordered 2nd Lotus order. Getting another natural kit with shorter stem with 14mm wpa. They said the wpa had the o-rings and no magnets (v2) which is exactly the version I would like to receive. Also confirmed the new caps they received had MT's new patent number on it.

I asked about the herb scoop again (it was missing from my first Lotus kit order), and they said it was no longer being included from MT so not expecting to get one again this time from them. Did you order the Lotus herb scoop from EZV?

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures

I received a call from EZV yesterday regarding my back-ordered 2nd Lotus order. Getting another natural kit with shorter stem with 14mm wpa. They said the wpa had the o-rings and no magnets (v2) which is exactly the version I would like to receive. Also confirmed the new caps they received had MT's new patent number on it.

I asked about the herb scoop again (it was missing from my first Lotus kit order), and they said it was no longer being included from MT so not expecting to get one again this time from them. Did you order the Lotus herb scoop from EZV?

Naw, I got the scoop from MT. Shipping was like $6 for an herb scoop and screens alone, so I decided to get a hot plate as well (just in case something crazy happens) to justify shipping cost.

natural farmer

I have found an easy way for long, thick, low temp hits that taste just AMAZING with no chance at all for scorching and I 'd love to share!

So, you got your usual 5/8" flame, 2 sec preheat with the tip of the deep blue part of the flame touching the center of the Lotus, then start a low to medium speed inhale and at the same time move the flame higher with the light blue part of the flame touching the center again or make slow and small circles (not much difference cause when the flame is high enough the heat stream touching the hot plate is wide enough). Draw for as long as you can and you will most possibly be amazed as much as I am right now! So high!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found an easy way for long, thick, low temp hits that taste just AMAZING with no chance at all for scorching and I 'd love to share!

So, you got your usual 5/8" flame, 2 sec preheat with the tip of the deep blue part of the flame touching the center of the Lotus, then start a low to medium speed inhale and at the same time move the flame higher with the light blue part of the flame touching the center again or make slow and small circles (not much difference cause when the flame is high enough the heat stream touching the hot plate is wide enough). Draw for as long as you can and you will most possibly be amazed as much as I am right now! So high!

natural farmer strikes again... great post! :)

that's exactly how i have been using my lotus, this is how it really shines! i can now get about 10 hits from one load (no more than half full!) and have them taste good right until the last hit... with the stirring i would say i can now get a more efficient extraction than with the solo, with better taste and thicker vapor ;)

what really helped me to dial it in was this post of yours:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-lotus-vaporizer.2595/page-45#post-485055

that's the ideal flame size, spot on... any bigger or any smaller and the results are not nearly as good...

good vibes :)

Bvapst

Those 2 last messages are really helpful !
I don't remember who was asking me if flame wasn't too small... In fact it was a tad bigger than 5/8. Maybe 2cm or a bit bigger.
At the start I was experimenting with different size...and techniques.

Also I found out that the material in the bowl is really important. Right now I've got a strain which need a bit more quantity and heat to provide me the hits I prefer. I wasn't so satisfied with my WW logvape cause it needs a small quantity to vape roast evenly and I dont have yet a VVPS. So I always found out that the vapor was too small and light for my taste.
And definitely a higher distance with the flame provide higher heat and satisfying hit with that strain I got now : experienced yesterday. One hit gave a gold/light brown ABV.
But like farmer-tip I had to put the top of the flame touching the center for a few seconds.

Does the right tool to unscrew the plate is a allen key? I'm really not sure of the correct term in English.

basement farmer

My face is melting...

I ordered the kit from the vapor store and also didn't get a scoop. When I checked the website there was no mention of it being included, so assumed it wasn't included.

I'm thinking it might be part of my next order along with some other stuff.

natural farmer

I should be receiving my natural cap lotus set any day now, and I've been reading some of this thread to prepare. You know what the Lotus seems to have the best of? The best FC thread! I can't wait to get my lotus and try it out. You all have got me excited!

Good move getting in! :tup: I don't know if it's the best thread (and what constitutes best…) but I know it's one of the threads with the least amount of :rant: about the ACTUAL vaporizer of the topic. Satisfaction rates are up there at the top I believe, like a good Apple product if I dare say… :p

natural farmer strikes again... great post! :)

that's exactly how i have been using my lotus, this is how it really shines! i can now get about 10 hits from one load (no more than half full!) and have them taste good right until the last hit...

good vibes :)

Right on! That's about what I get as well from juicy strains! :nod: And thanks for the good words, appreciated! :cheers:

Also I found out that the material in the bowl is really important. Right now I've got a strain which need a bit more quantity and heat to provide me the hits I prefer.

Does the right tool to unscrew the plate is a allen key? I'm really not sure of the correct term in English.

The strain is sooo important for good vapor production! Can't agree more mate! Some juicy strains in the Lotus make my eyes wet after a good hit and my nose burning! Amazing feeling. I can get that with the Solo ONLY if I fill a Vapor Lung and take it in one draw or if I pack the stem a lot (>0.15-0.2) and hit it at 7! I really think that somehow the Lotus hits are more potent in cannabinoids… It hits completely different than any of my previous vapes sans the VG… May it be the non-degrading high heat that the Lotus can produce? :shrug:
The tool is a very thin allen key, yes… :tup:

I ordered the kit from the vapor store and also didn't get a scoop. When I checked the website there was no mention of it being included, so assumed it wasn't included.

I'm thinking it might be part of my next order along with some other stuff.

I'd love to get a scoop cause it's so cute but since the al pipe and the WA are scoops by themselves I don't think I'd use it much. The first one I got I bent it more that I should and it broke… :p

This is how I have been taking my hits. Because it takes so long for my little lighter to hear the plate. So I just became accustomed to preheating like that.

feeney417

It came in today.
The top seems pretty loose, it would fall right off if it weren't for the magnets. Is this normal?

Do I let the torch make the center red hot?
Seems to take well over 10 seconds to get just a faint wisp

Last edited:
feeney417,

natural farmer

It came in today.
The top seems pretty loose, it would fall right off if it weren't for the magnets. Is this normal?

Loose is good, so it can be inserted and removed easily... ;)
Maybe try drawing a little slower or make the flame bigger. No need to make it red hot unless you are drawing pretty hard. How big is your flame? Try to keep it at 5/8" aprox.
Welcome to the club! :D

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It came in today.

I just got my new lighter (single flame) and i wasn't getting the hits I am used to, I turned her up and shot from a bit of a distance ( can still make the center glow slight red) and load up at least enough to cover the screen if not a bit more. The hits should be far from wispy.
Let us know!!!:tup::tup:

Mine doesnt have the magnets and is loose enough to put on or take off, the magnets should keep you good, mine has not fallen off yet.

3-5 seconds with a proper flame to get vapor , 2-3 seconds with a double flame torch.

feeney417

Loose is good, so it can be inserted and removed easily... ;)
Maybe try drawing a little slower or make the flame bigger. No need to make it red hot unless you are drawing pretty hard. How big is your flame? Try to keep it at 5/8" aprox.
Welcome to the club! :D

Thanks for the welcome...:)

Ok, I did some reading and experimenting.
It seems that getting the flame close up, the center gets an ever so slightly orange glow, at this point I pull at a speed that maintains the spot keeping it from turning red.

So far so good?

budbudbud

I'm really considering gifting myself one of these for christmas. One question before pulling the trigger, how hot does the water pipe adapter get after vaping a bowl? It looks like the only way to empty the abv would be to take the adapter out of the pipe and dump it.

natural farmer

You can get clouds without a faint red center as well. It all repents on your draw speed if your flame is 5/8". Measure the thick blue part of the flame next to the vapor cap so it's the same distance with the distance between the points of the lotus leaves...

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I'm really considering gifting myself one of these for christmas. One question before pulling the trigger, how hot does the water pipe adapter get after vaping a bowl? It looks like the only way to empty the abv would be to take the adapter out of the pipe and dump it.
Honestly even after maybe 2-3 bowl's the WPA is barely warm, now if you haven't gotten the technique down and your over heating it then maybe the wpa can be hot but still manageable for a second. For a few bowls I havent found it to hot, its thick and heavy and takes a while to get burning hot, now again that doesnt mean it cant get hot cuz it could.
Hope this helps :tup:

budbudbud

Honestly even after maybe 2-3 bowl's the WPA is barely warm, now if you haven't gotten the technique down and your over heating it then maybe the wpa can be hot but still manageable for a second. For a few bowls I havent found it to hot, its thick and heavy and takes a while to get burning hot, now again that doesnt mean it cant get hot cuz it could.
Hope this helps :tup:

Just the answer I was looking for, thank you! Going to place my order later tonight :evil:

feeney417

I just got my new lighter (single flame) and i wasn't getting the hits I am used to, I turned her up and shot from a bit of a distance ( can still make the center glow slight red) and load up at least enough to cover the screen if not a bit more. The hits should be far from wispy.
Let us know!!!:tup::tup:

Mine doesnt have the magnets and is loose enough to put on or take off, the magnets should keep you good, mine has not fallen off yet.

3-5 seconds with a proper flame to get vapor , 2-3 seconds with a double flame torch.

It seems I need the flame close or the plate just heats up. It seems to work if I am touching the blue part right on the plate and maintain the slight glow working quick as not to over heat the rest of the thing.
3-5 seems more like it.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It seems I need the flame close or the plate just heats up. It seems to work if I am touching the blue part right on the plate and maintain the slight glow working quick as not to over heat the rest of the thing.
3-5 seems more like it.
Good, your making progress, 3-5 sounds more like it.
It might take some playing around with but you'll definitely find your sweet spot.
Thats what mine was doing with my new lighter till I turned it up, I start off close till I see the red then pull back according to the the faint red center.

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: wisherly

feeney417

Good, your making progress, 3-5 sounds more like it.
It might take some playing around with but you'll definitely find your sweet spot.
Thats what mine was doing with my new lighter till I turned it up, I start off close till I see the red then pull back according to the the faint red center.

Yup! Im getting it.
So far no throat burn like I was getting with the glass Vaporgenie.
The bowl is smaller compared to the VG, which more like a bucket.
I can deal with a smaller bowl, but I cant deal with the taste of butane.

Sorry Vaporgenie.:rip:

Dr. Plutonious

Well it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting to use my Lotus until January. It's been 15 days since I placed the order and USPS can't seem to get a package from California to Canada in that time, which is pretty ridiculous.

Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: Bouldorado

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yup! Im getting it.
So far no throat burn like I was getting with the glass Vaporgenie.
The bowl is smaller compared to the VG, which more like a bucket.
I can deal with a smaller bowl, but I cant deal with the taste of butane.

Sorry Vaporgenie.:rip:
Yeah the butane can be kinda ehhhhhh lol lol
I use a health stone and love it but at times if you dont do it right or to close you can taste the butane lol lol
Well it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting to use my Lotus until January. It's been 15 days since I placed the order and USPS can't seem to get a package from California to Canada in that time, which is pretty ridiculous.
That totally sucks, I hope its a glitch and it just shows up for you! I feel your pain usps has screwed me more than a few times :bang::bang::bang::bang::goon:
Happy Holidaze

BLAZING OG,

Dr. Plutonious

Yeah the butane can be kinda ehhhhhh lol lol
I use a health stone and love it but at times if you dont do it right or to close you can taste the butane lol lol

That totally sucks, I hope its a glitch and it just shows up for you! I feel your pain usps has screwed me more than a few times :bang::bang::bang::bang::goon:
Happy Holidaze

I should of added I'm leaving for the holidays tomorrow, hence why if it doesn't show I'm out of luck :/

What can you do. All I can do is kick back and hit the EVO.

Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: BLAZING OG
Top Bottom