The Lotus Vaporizer

Edward Hyde

Well let see here............Let me stat off by saying I love my Lotus and actually found a place for the pinnacle its a bad ass little portable.
Okay, The lotus is still more efficient IMO I can load small amounts (.05-.07) and get the same result every time, big tasty vapor cloud's instantly, the Pinnacle can give me huge clouds too (Just found out) but thats filling the bullet full (approx. .2), now I get a lot of clouds with that .2 ,but this seemed to have gotten very large clouds this way.
The Pinnacle can be as tasty on low temps (flavor drops quick on setting 2+) as the lotus but the lotus wins (IMHO) by flavor lasts longer with less.
The lotus is instant while the pinnacle actually takes a bit to warm up from cold, I do like the bullet but I also like the WPA, the bowl rarely is to hot to touch, while the bullet you gotta give it 20 seconds or so.
The clouds of the lotus are huge for me and are effortless, the pinnacle pro clouds are very nice and effortless as well but I need to load a bit more to get the larger clouds of the lotus , still good in my book. This is okay for me since the pinnacle pro is taken out with me( till I get a j hook for portable lotus) and I pass it around between my wife and myself so the total hits get split between the two of us.

The lotus I have only tried maybe 3 times dry and vapor seemed okay not to hot if I recall, the Pinnacle Pro can be a bit warm for some on the higher settings but I dont find that it bothers me.

The pinnacle wins in stealth but can get smelly if you have the bullet in it while heating up.
The lotus and the PNP can roast the goods evenly but the pnp due to its hybrid style vape using convection and conduction it roast evenly with out stirring, just little nit picking of things that I can point out.
The Lotus gets me really Vaked , and the PNP gives me a bit of a different high compared to the lotus but there both really strong, just noticed that pnp can make me feel just a tad bit more drowsy if I overmedicate due to the IME conduction/convection aspect.
The both get me blitsz though so its hard to explain but they both offer slightly different feeling in a great way.

I will think of more, but My lotus is still my daily driver, the pinnacle pro gets used at times when I want to sit back on the couch watching a movie and just let it do its thing, the lotus is my go to morning ,day, & night, the PNP fills those in between for me and for a portable on the go.
They are are both a treat to own, I love them both , like trying to choose what child you love more lol lol You cant there both loved the same but they both offer there own unique characteristics.

I have to add that one night I went to take my nightly night cap on the Lotus and my dam lighter started acting up and I could not get it to work properly enough to get a lotus hit. I was so upset I wanted to get tired quick and needed my lotus, but in my relief I had the PNP, saved the night and the next morning I fixed that dreaded lighter and was lotus'ing it up once again.

Sorry the lotus worked a number on me, sorry for rambling!!!

thats pretty much how i imagine my vaping life after the lotus arrives combined with my XP ( i know a lot have complains about the xp but mine works since april i think and if the xp is working properly its a beast...i feel its like pnp with but having a boost like its on steroids..).all the battery powered vaporizers lose that feeling of ritual thing that i used to love about the vaporgenie and the lotus seems like a genie-vapman mix on steroids (the aluminium pipe can be cleaned to new not like the wooden airpaths smelling and getting dirty to replacement so i think i am going to make the lotus my ritual vaporizer

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
thats pretty much how i imagine my vaping life after the lotus arrives combined with my XP ( i know a lot have complains about the xp but mine works since april i think and if the xp is working properly its a beast...i feel its like pnp with but having a boost like its on steroids..).all the battery powered vaporizers lose that feeling of ritual thing that i used to love about the vaporgenie and the lotus seems like a genie-vapman mix on steroids (the aluminium pipe can be cleaned to new not like the wooden airpaths smelling and getting dirty to replacement so i think i am going to make the lotus my ritual vaporizer
your are right the the orginal 004 and the first (q1-2) xp' are beast, I really wanted one and with the issues that arose I choose the pax, wasnt to fond of it so I sold it, now the PNP has filled that void but a properly working XP was always my dream lol lol
Good stuff, the Lotus is for sure a flame powered vape on steroids, juiced out lotus with no after effects of roid-rage well maybe a little on your lungs :rofl:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes, ataxian the ones you have will work perfectly, the one thats larger , the chefs torch is way to big.
The lotus just needs a medium to small flame and your good to go, looks like your covered with that extra lighter you have.
Thanks for the heads up, might have to check out those lighters.
I'm going to get a LOTUS!
Just making sure I have something that will work with it.

Thank you for the clarification!

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think I need to replace my Solo someday with a PnP or a Firefly... They are all so great back ups and so silent if you need so... Or if it's windy... :p

Thanks for the input guys and girls... :) That was some write up!
I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing for me to get a LOTUS.
So far I use the SOLO a lot and love it.
I plan to add the LOTUS to my mix not replace anything!

Now I will give an honest evaluation of the LOTUS!
If it's that much better than the SOLO I will throw both mine away into the trash can!
What is a PnP?

Is it the same makers of the PNWT?

This is a overrated water tool!

Recreational verses Medical use!

Maybe that's why the laws are so screwed up?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

If it's that much better than the SOLO I will throw both mine away into the trash can!
What is a PnP?

PnP is the Pinnacle Pro. As you say "if you like flavor don't bother!" because the Solo has better taste. And hey buddy, let's not talk crazy here, better to donate the Solo's to some good friends instead of the trash can! We need to do what we can to recycle electronics properly ;)

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

What is a PnP?

Right on, I think you will enjoy it, the solo's will still get use or can be used as back up dont toss them.:o
The Vaporblunt makes the pinnacle pro (PNP) same makers of the PNWT, great little unit for stealth but solo having glass makes flavor last longer , PNP on setting 1 provides great flavor for a good while different tool for a different job.
The lotus is freaking awesome, I just got an amazing batch of JUPITER OG and the smallest amounts gives be the largest most delicious thick blue vapor. This Jupiter OG is really nice in the 23% thc+ and is giving me way bigger clouds and I get a few more hits before material is spent vs the last hybrid strain I had was 18% or so.

Iam wondering, does more THC means more oil in the buds that gets vaped off to create thicker vapor?:hmm:
Iam sure there many variables like moister, strain's, thc/cbd/cbn, etc,etc.

BLAZING OG,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Iam wondering, does more THC means more oil in the buds that gets vaped off to create thicker vapor?:hmm:
Iam sure there many variables like moister, strain's, thc/cbd/cbn, etc,etc.
Good question!
There was some BLUE DREAM with low THC Levels how ever the CBD's were high.
The VAPOR was thick milk shake like clouds in my bubbler.
So maybe it's the general compounds?

I normally get OG'S however this last time I got my medicine the dispensary had ALIEN KUSH for cheap so I got a 1/2 OZ. WOW WTF? So powerful! Flavor! Next delivery I'm going with the most expensive and see what is the difference?

I'm at a lost right now?
I paid twice the $ for GSC however this strain might be different it still packs a punch for little money!

The LOTUS I like because it's so basic!
No Batteries?
No Voltage?

With my torch lighter?

So practical!

I love water and the LOTUS as an adapter!
Then in CALIFORNIA we have plenty of choices to keep this baby full!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Good question!
There was some BLUE DREAM with low THC Levels how ever the CBD's were high.
The VAPOR was thick milk shake like clouds in my bubbler.
So maybe it's the general compounds?

I normally get OG'S however this last time I got my medicine the dispensary had ALIEN KUSH for cheap so I got a 1/2 OZ. WOW WTF? So powerful! Flavor! Next delivery I'm going with the most expensive and see what is the difference?

I'm at a lost right now?
I paid twice the $ for GSC however this strain might be different it still packs a punch for little money!

The LOTUS I like because it's so basic!
No Batteries?
No Voltage?

With my torch lighter?

So practical!

I love water and the LOTUS as an adapter!
Then in CALIFORNIA we have plenty of choices!
The lotus is great , it brings you back to the basics but in a more refined method.
Its so peaceful to hear the torch hissing away and see vapor within 3 seconds or less.
no batteries
no voltage
no charging
no nothing but pure enjoyment !!!!!
I also enjoy the fact that I can hit it and put it down and come back a few minutes later and vape away some more, since the convection aspect and lighting it your self your not forced to finish off a whole bowl unless you want to.

Johny

Been having throat irritation issues which I mentioned the other day. Had a Lotus session earlier. Tried a higher than recommended flame. Preheated plate 2 seconds and inhaled for 1 second with a medium to fast draw from pipe. Kept flame on and did about 3 inhales total with 1 second pause and 1 second fast inhale. Lips were loose on pipe so i could get vapor from pipe and fresh cold air from both sides of lips. Did this 3 times and bowl is done. Throat seemed to not get irritated. Will try again next time I vape and see if this technique helps me out and will report back. Half the Lotus is technique in my opinion. Love this piece. Used to vape with a starbucks frappuccino bottle heated over a stove burner and a pen tube as the pipe through cap, which although efficient and almost free, was a little crack head looking lol Lotus is efficient and quite elegant looking compared to my starbucks bottle vape. But I guess thats expected when you compare a vaporizor thought up when I was looking at a glass bottle versus a vape designed by an MIT educated medical device engineer ahaha

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well .. verdampftnochmal.de are true.. stoners.. First time a friend orders lotus.. they forgot the WP :)... sent within a week , ok... His brother orders.. and they sent him new style stem with old vapor cap... which does not fit tightly and has no metal ring to attach to the magnets.. Well 11 days.. and new vapor cap is here... (they let him keep the old vapor cap).. well... stoneheads..
Anyway... So the old vapor cap seems to need more heating time + has wooden taste (stronger the bigger the flame is) Also abv dust blows back and it is hard to clean.. New cap.. superior in taste to old cap faster heat up time... + almost no discoloration from torch :),easier to clean...
On the taste side it is better.. than the old but it is not as pure as some praise it... Solo,Vapman,UD,WW,Gnomes,DBV have far better taste if u ask me and are much superior in cloud delivery :)..
Also the Pipe mode the short stem gives me harsher times than the long one..
I am currently using the old vapor cap connected to cut 14 mm bowl like i saw someone did earlier in this thread.. i have not much to complain about other than i does not hold a lot of herb and i scorch some times in WP mode :)..

natural farmer

What is a PnP?

I truly believe that a vaporist these days, either medical or recreational should have at least one good flame vape and one good battery vape in the arsenal!
Now if you have the spare money to get a third super big hitter like a Cloud or a Sub or a Herbalizer, all the better especially for parties!

If you like to keep it simple though, a Lotus has the most qualifications to be the one to rule them all, as at this moment, and I try hard to think of another one that could rival it, it is the most complete vaporizer in the market imho!

Well .. verdampftnochmal.de are true.. stoners.. First time a friend orders lotus.. they forgot the WP :)... sent within a week , ok... His brother orders.. and they sent him new style stem with old vapor cap... which does not fit tightly and has no metal ring to attach to the magnets.. Well 11 days.. and new vapor cap is here... (they let him keep the old vapor cap).. well... stoneheads..
Anyway... So the old vapor cap seems to need more heating time + has wooden taste (stronger the bigger the flame is) Also abv dust blows back and it is hard to clean.. New cap.. superior in taste to old cap faster heat up time... + almost no discoloration from torch :),easier to clean...
On the taste side it is better.. than the old but it is not as pure as some praise it... Solo,Vapman,UD,WW,Gnomes,DBV have far better taste if u ask me and are much superior in cloud delivery :)..
Also the Pipe mode the short stem gives me harsher times than the long one..
I am currently using the old vapor cap connected to cut 14 mm bowl like i saw someone did earlier in this thread.. i have not much to complain about other than i does not hold a lot of herb and i scorch some times in WP mode :)..

The old vapor cap sure lacks a little compared to the new one... That's why I had sold mine in the old days. About the taste, give it some time (the new one). With proper technic you can achieve great taste as well. As for vapor production, what do you mean superior in cloud delivery?

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

I truly believe that a vaporist these days, either medical or recreational should have at least one good flame vape and one good battery vape in the arsenal!
Now if you have the spare money to get a third super big hitter like a Cloud or a Sub or a Herbalizer, all the better especially for parties!

If you like to keep it simple though, a Lotus has the most qualifications to be the one to rule them all, as at this moment, and I try hard to think of another one that could rival it, it is the most complete vaporizer in the market imho!
Try vapman :) ... lol (U don't need adapter for WP,its more compact.. easier to hide.. , (90$ which is much cheaper than the lotus in EU)... or in terms of green energy.. nothing can beat this
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/element-pocket-vaporizer.html

natural farmer

Try vapman :) ... lol (U don't need adapter , (90$ which is much cheaper than the lotus in EU)... or in terms of green energy.. nothing can beat this
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/element-pocket-vaporizer.html
It holds less herb, it is conduction based, there are not so many parameters to control your hit, it needs more time (preheating) for every hit, the vapor path is not long enough to cool it as much as the al pipes do, it's bulkier for a pocket, harder to load the herbs... Did I miss something?

Abysmal Vapor

Well have tried both ? I find vapor from vapman to be much softer to my throat than the one that comes from the lotus ,escpecially the short stem... I think it is due to less heat applied on metals in the vapor path.. I do not agree it needs more heat than the lotus...Also it is much more pocketable IME.. + it has a storage case.. lotus plate gets bent easily when pressed into something in your poket.. :) Anyway different people different pokets.. I don't find the bowl of the vapman to hold much less herb.. cuz if you overfill the lotus it gets scorched.. (maybe user error idk)so i fill it only halfway.
Solo is also conduction based but gives better flavor than the lotus.. i think it is the same deal with the vapman :)

Last edited:

natural farmer

Well have tried both ? I find vapor from vapman to be much softer to my throat than the one that comes from the lotus ,escpecially the short stem... I think it is due to less heat applied on metals in the vapor path.. I do not agree it needs more heat than the lotus...Also it is much more pocketable IME.. + it has a storage case.. lotus plate gets bent easily when pressed into something in your poket.. :) Anyway different people different pokets.. I don't find the bowl of the vapman to hold much less herb.. cuz if you overfill the lotus it gets scorched.. (maybe user error idk)so i fill it only halfway.
Solo is also conduction based but gives better flavor than the lotus.. i think it is the same deal with the vapman :)
I haven't tried both yet but I am hoping my good friend @Edward Hyde will show me his when we eventually meet again... :)
So I cannot comment on the harshness of the vapor yet by experience. Logic tells me that for the same herb quantity and vapour production, when the vapour travels a greater distance it will become cooler. You, finding it less harsh maybe has something to do with how "thick" vapour each produces? Thicker vapour is harsher but a lot more potent as well...
I also didn't say it needs more heat, I said longer preheating, something that will eventually make your session longer.
How is it more pocketable if it's thicker? Is this egg sitting really comfortable in a jean's pocket? How can that be?
About scorching... You said you are using the old vapor cap so that makes sense. New one is more resistant to scorching and with a little practise it won't even if you pack .2g's in there... I usually load about .1. How much does the Vapman hold?
And finally Solo at best gives comparable taste to the Lotus either dry or through glass. I am testing this over and over for some months now... And the Solo's taste is degrading fast if you don't make haste and take one draw after another! Ouch! My throat hurt from that thought... ;)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot about the hot plate being sensitive to other things in your pocket... Do you keep your keys or anything else in the same pocket with your phone? Why put the Lotus in a pocket with other things? Use some logic...

Last edited:
Solo is also conduction based but gives better flavor than the lotus..

I think we have to agree to disagree on this one :)

while i love the solo, it does give a cooked taste... whereas the lotus tastes completely neutral as long as you keep your hits short - when heated too much taste turns bad as you can taste the stainless steel, tastes like a hot plate smells ;)

maybe you have to give it a little more time... it took me a few days to learn how to use it, but ever since i got it - i'm in love :)

btw the gnomes of course will always taste better - they are the best flavour wise! but the lotus is really good too, i prefer lotus' taste over the cloud and over the solo...

natural farmer

I agree... Short hits taste better with the Lotus to the very end of the session. While watching a movie and stretch that load for example. Big lungfuls though taste better with the Solo as the heating is much more controlled. With the Lotus it is like walking on a thin line. A little too much heat and you've got some toast in the mouth. The throat takes a lot of stress though with big lungfuls... Better keep it hot and short IMHO.

Edward Hyde

the vapman for me feels like the flame powered mflb...too much conduction for me+one more second with the lighter on and the load is toasted...

am sure the lotus is a winner on the convection race...

the vapman for me feels like the flame powered mflb...too much conduction for me+one more second with the lighter on and the load is toasted...

am sure the lotus is a winner on the convection race...
Yep sounds like this guy's lungs must prefer conductionl over convection. Which I can understand because of hotness, but imo convection is the tastiest vapor which is why I always gravitate towards it lol

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hey Abysmal, thanks for your different opinion. It is always good to confront points of view. ;)

I prefered the Lotus over the Vapman, because the extraction and efficiency is surely better with the Lotus due to the almost total convection, as oposed to the mix of conduction/convection in the Vapman.

Plus, the Vapman to be really stealth would need a better way to load the bowl which makes it harder to use while on the street. I use the Vaponic in this instances, the fact that you can hide it inside your palm or cover it almost completely while heating it, coupled with the no need to grind your herbs and the amazing pen marker cover turn it into one of the best flame based units to use when out.

On the other side, the Vapman is trully the smallest flame unit and being wood makes it virtually breakless and you can pocket it immediately if need be without burning yourself.

Between the 3, i am problably eventually going to get the 3. They fit different usage niches. The Lotus is the most versatile since it has the best extraction process, and very durable. The Vaponic is the best to carry around and can be used very stealthily in most ocasions but it is breakable and glass is HOT so, there's that.
The Vapman is a mix between the strengths of the two IMO, and although it is the stealthiest to use while loaded, the whole preparation ritual is the most cumbersome it appears.

natural farmer

I love our conversations in this forum... :luv:

I just finished a fast Solo session at 7 to relax me after the yoga and cycling and I have to say the first 2-3 lungfuls are amazing but the ending and the wispy last 3-4 hits with the stale flavour is awful. Lotus on the other hand, if you take a deep, fast, hot draw makes my eyes wet and the high is more intense for a couple of hits and then you just finish it with a lungful of toasty but still thick cloud.
It's great to have both... :tup:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just wondering if this looks like normal wear for 2 1/2 mo. use on the plate? Sorry I couldn't get more focused shots, my camera just refused to lock in. I don't have the tool to open it up and see what the inside looks like. I have tried to be as careful as possible with it. It's fairly dented and discolored in the center.

IJ7ANnb.jpg

fS25OEe.jpg

natural farmer

From what I can distinguish it looks ok... The central circular pattern is of a piece of metal under the plate and the plate gets that shape because it rests on it when heated. Try shooting from a bigger distance...

Top Bottom