The Lotus Vaporizer

wisherly

Just got my Lotus! I'm considering whether or not to preclean any of the parts before first use. (I got a long pipestem as well as a WPA) Does anyone remember any strange tastes upon fist use, or have any recommendations on this?

wisherly

Thanks. I'm going to soak the stem in ISO while I test out the Lotus with the wpa. Very first impressions, pre-use: The pipe stem is a serious piece of metal. I can see why someone remarked that it could be a weapon. The Lotus seems very well made, as I expected from reading this thread. I slipped an o-ring on the wpa and dropped it in my $40 infamous bubbler. It almost fits. I need a thicker o-ring or a 14-18 adapter for the long term. I'll report back after I use it a few times. Here's my first set-up to try out:
lotuswith40_zpsd320ca29.jpg

edit- First try: I loaded it up (the bowl is a bit small for my taste, but very usable- I might have been disappointed with the earlier version with its smaller bowl) and set my lighter to about 1/2" to the tip of the shorter brighter flame. On my first try I didn't get much visible vapor so on the second try I turned up the flame a bit and held it to the cap for the whole inhalation instead of backing off a bit with the torch. Result: combustion! Yuck. It's funny how smoke becomes such a foreign substance after vaping for a while. The bowl has some gooey bits of burned material in it now, so I removed the o-rings and am now soaking the wpa in iso as well. I'll try again later. :\

Last edited:

Dr. Plutonious

Placed the order 17 days ago, shipped 14 days ago.

Apparently it's cleared Border Customs 3 days ago. Coming from LA, I'd assume it be a straight shot to Vancouver.

In 3 days after BC border customs then, USPS STILL haven't gotten me the package. I've already delayed me vacation an entire day just so this thing would show up and it hasn't. Can't wait any longer. USPS fucking blows.

Guess I won't be getting to use this on the ski hill like I planned. Or at all until January when I come back to Vancouver :(

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Placed the order 17 days ago, shipped 14 days ago.

Apparently it's cleared Border Customs 3 days ago. Coming from LA, I'd assume it be a straight shot to Vancouver.

In 3 days after BC border customs then, USPS STILL haven't gotten me the package. I've already delayed me vacation an entire day just so this thing would show up and it hasn't. Can't wait any longer. USPS fucking blows.

Guess I won't be getting to use this on the ski hill like I planned. Or at all until January when I come back to Vancouver :(

That's a bummer, man. 14 days and it hasn't made it from L.A. to Vancouver? That's insanely slow.

tiukauleh

I have found an easy way for long, thick, low temp hits that taste just AMAZING with no chance at all for scorching and I 'd love to share!

So, you got your usual 5/8" flame, 2 sec preheat with the tip of the deep blue part of the flame touching the center of the Lotus, then start a low to medium speed inhale and at the same time move the flame higher with the light blue part of the flame touching the center again or make slow and small circles (not much difference cause when the flame is high enough the heat stream touching the hot plate is wide enough). Draw for as long as you can and you will most possibly be amazed as much as I am right now! So high!

I tried this method and it is really nice for getting vapor (this and the flame length size advice = from one tip of the lotus leaf to the other is brilliant, should be sticky at front of this thread). however, when my avb was dark brown i decided to push it one more time and i got....fuck, combustion! i have to add that it was mainly due to user error - other than really pushing the heat & the avb, i was also using the lotus under bright lights and didn't adjust the flame length to hotplate accordingly, and couldn't see the red dot properly under the bright light so i just continued hitting until the smoke appeared...yucks! with some restrain and common sense, this should not happen (too often).

feeney417

Yesterday I got the lotus, but today the lotus got me.;)
It works well, kinda like learning to ride a bike, after falling a few times you learn to find balance.
I'll be keeping an eye on this forum and the MT web site for updates.

There is one snag, I can't ever replace the plate if it gets damaged because 1 of the screws is clearly stipped. My .50 allen key is the right fit, but it won't grab the 3rd screw.
This will surely be a problem for me down the road.

What can I do considering this is now used.

Vapodudule

@feeney417 You can try to mold a grab for any tool in a material such as "express repair pattex"

Sort of paste that solidify you can mold one side on the screw and one side which is manoeuvrable.

On the expensive side of intervention you can screw one screw IN the allen screw but it is for very small/tiny pieces.

filteredhead

There is one snag, I can't ever replace the plate if it gets damaged because 1 of the screws is clearly stipped. My .50 allen key is the right fit, but it won't grab the 3rd screw.
This will surely be a problem for me down the road.

What can I do considering this is now used.
Would maybe first try using a small slotted screwdriver into the stripped hex head in order to unscrew it out. If that didn't work, would try for plan B: carefully grind a slot (deep shallow narrow straight groove) across the top of the stripped screw head using a dremel cut wheel then use a slotted screwdriver to unscrew it out. Good luck.

Last edited:
filteredhead,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

feeney417

Do you have a direct link to this mold stuff, can I find it in home depot?
Im not clear on your second method...Do you mean a tool that can dig into the screw?

natural farmer

I am pretty sure it can be covered under warranty... Through @Max Jitter a mail and see what happens!

@tiukauleh ! It's always a risk with high heat vapes when you push a load too far. With the Lotus I have found that it gives me such great taste feedback, that I can immediately tell when I am past the flavour limit I am comfortable with. And this limit is usually before blackening the load and of course before combustion... I still haven't been able to combust with the Lotus after all these months having it as a daily driver! :p Do you smoke? Drink sodas, alcohol, too much salt, spicy foods? Those could impede your taste a good deal you know...

tiukauleh

@tiukauleh ! It's always a risk with high heat vapes when you push a load too far. With the Lotus I have found that it gives me such great taste feedback, that I can immediately tell when I am past the flavour limit I am comfortable with. And this limit is usually before blackening the load and of course before combustion... I still haven't been able to combust with the Lotus after all these months having it as a daily driver! :p Do you smoke? Drink sodas, alcohol, too much salt, spicy foods? Those could impede your taste a good deal you know...

hey natural farmer, yes i forgot to add that the last hit before combust i was telling myself "heyyy this (vapor) taste pretty damn close to toasted, man", but i really wanted to push it and the back of my mind was "Go for it, Go for it etc etc" trying to justify my actions somehow and when i was hitting it the bright lights was shining on the heater cap so with the reflection my visual judgement was off and i couldn't see the red dot feedback, but still i was like "hey there's still vapor, let's see if i can squeeze the last bit of goodies..." then sssssssss, the smoke came, and i went "fuck, combustion!"

a bit of restraint and common sense is not a bad thing :tup:

Vapodudule

@feeney417

Yes my second method would dig in the screw but i forgot the first method quoted above.

I do have a link but for the country i am in! Ask for a repair paste that solidify after after any mold.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
What the hot plate is made of? please

This is stainless steel or aluminium, because I'm trying to make a DIY lotus, it seems really simple but perhaps not easy to make...

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Would maybe first try using a small slotted screwdriver into the stripped hex head in order to unscrew it out. If that didn't work, would try for plan B: carefully grind a slot (deep shallow narrow straight groove) across the top of the stripped screw head using a dremel cut wheel then use a slotted screwdriver to unscrew it out. Good luck.
If we find that problem during manufacturing, we use plan B. If you aren't comfortable making the slot then send the vapor cap to us and we'll fix it for you. I don't think using epoxy to bond a wrench to the screw will work in removing it.

feeney417

If we find that problem during manufacturing, we use plan B. If you aren't comfortable making the slot then send the vapor cap to us and we'll fix it for you. I don't think using epoxy to bond a wrench to the screw will work in removing it.

Oh boy, send it back for repair, realy?

Something dosn't seem right. They won't exchange it, rather I should repair myself or send it for repairs after the holidays.

Fuck this man, Im pissed!

Last edited by a moderator:
feeney417,
well, if you wanted an exchange why did you use it?

as you used it, i think a repair is the correct way to go about it - but what do i know.... hope you can get this sorted out to your liking. the lotus is too good to say screw it over a broken screw :)

Last edited:

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Aside from the MFLB I know most other vape makers require you to ship back the faulty unit to initiate the warranty. That's how it worked for my Pax, Ascent, and I know that how Vapor Brothers works. I think the shipping fees you pay is a sunk cost but the return shipping might be covered. Worth investigating and taking up the issue in an email GL :)

wisherly

I've found practicing with the stem easier in mastering the lotus than with glassware, with water or without. I get more taste feedback from the stem. I combusted again with the wpa. There is a learning curve. I would probably be better at using the lotus from the start if I ever got around to learning how to hit my VG with a torch.

When I do get a good hit from the stem, it's like flavor city! I tried several different strains last night just to see what they actually taste like. That's how much flavor I get from this vape when used correctly. Or maybe I could just taste flavor better last night because I was so high...

edit-nope, still super tasty today

Last edited:

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
. the lotus is too good to say screw it over a broken screw :)
Heh sorry this statement sounds funny to me :rofl: Yes having to ship any item in for a repair is not out of the norm. Thats why spare vapes and parts are a must. Always have a backup plan until reinforcements arrive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom