The Lotus Vaporizer

Sol23

I'm going to try this when I go home. I believe it's a cumulative effect. This morning I had a brief pre-work session (3 small loads in under an hour). The first two sessions were fine, but by the third, I could feel a tinge of a similar headache forming. This was done in my living room with only one window open about 2 meters away from me (no breeze). Yet yesterday when I avoided using the Lotus indoors for the whole evening, not a single problem.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to it? It doesn't seem that one or two quick sessions with the Lotus are causing the headache, it's moreso on weekends when I'm vaping more frequently.

Also note, I don't like my Lotus sitting directly in my D020 with a reducer. I've got a custom angled 18mm to 14mm reducer from OregeonGlass - it's angled only 15 degrees, but maybe that has an impact on how much butane is getting inhaled as oposed to those who use their Lotus sitting fully upright?

Either way, I'll try to do some further research into the subject and report back with my findings.

------------------

Switching gears slightly. Yesterday I grew tired of my bent spare cap which I installed after cracking my first plate. I had a suspicion that the dent in the plate was causing one area of the load to always vape faster and hotter than the rest.

So I installed the new updated plate on my Lotus. WOW! I'm loving it - more even heating of the load, and it seems to take a bit longer to heat up than the old design. But I'm liking it so far.

I also get headaches after I use the lotus vaporizer, mild faint headaches. I understand the concern was initially that it might be the butane but isn’t headache a possible side effect of nickel exposure. We are inhaling nickel directly guys, can this be causing the headaches??

Sol23,
Reactions: ataxian

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I also get headaches after I use the lotus vaporizer, mild faint headaches. I understand the concern was initially that it might be the butane but isn’t headache a possible side effect of nickel exposure. We are inhaling nickel directly guys, can this be causing the headaches??

My issues were caused by vaporizing excessively indoors with improper ventilation.

All headaches ceased as soon as I started using my lotus vaporizer outside or with a fan running in the room. As far as I can tell, my issue was caused by the inhalation of unspent butane.

LabPong

I am pretty sensitive and do not have any issues with the vape except what I have with any wood vape...I can smell/taste it....some more than others. This is why I ordered an unfinished disk for my 2nd Lotus. I used olive oil for the finish. The finish Max uses....I can smell it easily and just wanted to get as neutral as I can with any vape.

I would suggest you take apart the plates and clean them all off with ISO and hot water.

You are not sucking in any butane at all. The air intake is on the bottom of the disk.

Hope you can sort this out...cause otherwise the Lotus is one of the more gentle on my throat and lungs....plus awesome clean taste and nice effects.

Tweakz

F203-C9-AC-382-E-4-DB7-B365-DE6944-BF6-CD6.jpg

I love Lotus. this is my one hit vape. it tastes especially wonderful.

Sol23

Love this vape, been a favorite of mine for the last few months. One thing I have noticed as of late and wondering if anyone has encountered, my actual cap starts showing visible vapor coming out of it after just a few seconds of heating. I have it attached to my bong and had never seen this before until recently. Nothing is burning and bowl still looks good but could it be resin building up in the cap? I pulled out the screen and see no resin.

Sol23,
Reactions: Tweakz

Tweakz

Love this vape, been a favorite of mine for the last few months. One thing I have noticed as of late and wondering if anyone has encountered, my actual cap starts showing visible vapor coming out of it after just a few seconds of heating. I have it attached to my bong and had never seen this before until recently. Nothing is burning and bowl still looks good but could it be resin building up in the cap? I pulled out the screen and see no resin.

I think it's nothing special. don't worry about it. some people here have the only one vapor cap for several years.

I have almost as new(6 month), except that it is necessary to lubricate the wood surface a little .

Yes, Lotus is really cool . he's special. having mastered it as a sports car, you can get great results. I managed to turn it into a strong one-hit-vape.:rockon::rofl::love:

GoldenBud

When the USPS gets fixed for international shipping, I'll get a Lotus. It looks like the ultimate clean butane vape, on-demand too

Last edited:

LabPong

Have you ever taken the plates off before? Because what you are describing sounds like its not put back together right....or something is broken. You should not get any vapor/smoke coming out of the cap.

Only other way that happens if your hitting the wood with your torch....and you can tell if you do that instantly.

LabPong,

Trogdor

Vapinating the peasants
This is probably one of those "if you have to ask..." questions, but do you guys think I'm due for a new plate?

IMG-20200511-131151824.jpg

Dug this thing back out recently, forgot just how nice it rips

Trogdor,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
+1. I only changed mine out for pinhole cracks- That was MANY generations ago, so my experience is really no longer relevant. I replaced my plate 2-3 years ago and have had no issue since. This is my apocalypse flavor chaser of choice!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Tweakz

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Welcome Home!

Love my Lotus!
One of my top recommendations for those trying to FUCK combustion.

FlyingLow,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Perhaps one of you would like to create a new thread for the Lotus here (or even @Max Jitter if they're still around?) just link to this old one at the top of the new one
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
Then mods can move it to the main section and close this one... I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

Double post bc we're here now!
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?threads/lotus-vaporizer.262/
@pakalolo thanks Max!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: lazylathe

juanavape

Good to see you here Max.

Glad to say that my Lotus's have been getting lots of love recently. For some reason they've become my favorite morning (wake and vape) device. Great way to start any day.

Happy Vaping.

Stay safe everybody.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Glad you made it. I've been using my Lotus much more since getting the saucer cap. I never realized the occasional scorching I got from the standard cap had discouraged my use of it but there it is. :)

CybrGuy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Glad you made it. I've been using my Lotus much more since getting the saucer cap. I never realized the occasional scorching I got from the standard cap had discouraged my use of it but there it is. :)
I got discouraged cause i got my first v1 lotus cap cracked on its own while sitting in a drawer,the crack has burn marks and then the same happened to the replacement after two months of daily use,while i was using it and it has the same burn marks,the EU reseller refused to replaced it for a third ,lol..Maybe i was pushing them too hard or durability really got much better with the later versions,cause i cant remember anyone else complain.A friend of mine has a later version (V2?) for almost 3 years and he uses it 10 times a day without any noticeable degradation,but i gotta admit the flavor on his unit has a woody note ,similar to the classic VG. Maybe he charred his on inside a bit,isnt one of downsides of the lotus that you can spoil the taste forever if the wood is exposed too much heat,i've seen that on some user pictures.
What does the latest version of the Lotus cap got inside ? I think i remember that there was a silicone o-ring featured in one of the versions,after which i was interest. Is that ring still used inside ?
@Max Jitter Does the pipe from V1 matches the saucer cap,cause i think it also got changed,but i might be wrong ?

-----------------------------
Edited: I misread your post,sry.You are talking about scorching the vape material ,not the wood under the plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abysmal Vapor,

Dio

Sacraponator
I love my Lotus. I always get comments about the nice flavor when using it with friends.
One question: one friend accidentally scorched the wood with the torch. This is purely cosmetic but is it possible to fix this with sanding or something?

Dio,
Reactions: cybrguy
Top Bottom