The Lotus Vaporizer

juanavape

Here's a happy story for you all. I broke the red O-rings on my WA bowl (yeah both, trying to remove them with my thumbnail) a week or 2 ago. I e-mailed Lotus and they said "Send us a self addressed envelope and we'll send you a set", that sounded good UNTIL I was informed by Canada Post that I can not buy an America to Canada stamp, Canada Post does not sell them. I e-wrote back to Lotus to let them know that, and a few days later they wrote back to say that the O-rings were now available to order on the Lotus website. I feel special, lol. So anybody else having trouble with worn/old red O-rings, (they looked fine but broke easily) they are now easily and economically available from Lotus.

Excellent example of customer service. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

Thanx Lotus !

Surf Monkey

Here's a happy story for you all. I broke the red O-rings on my WA bowl (yeah both, trying to remove them with my thumbnail) a week or 2 ago. I e-mailed Lotus and they said "Send us a self addressed envelope and we'll send you a set", that sounded good UNTIL I was informed by Canada Post that I can not buy an America to Canada stamp, Canada Post does not sell them. I e-wrote back to Lotus to let them know that, and a few days later they wrote back to say that the O-rings were now available to order on the Lotus website. I feel special, lol. So anybody else having trouble with worn/old red O-rings, (they looked fine but broke easily) they are now easily and economically available from Lotus.

Excellent example of customer service. Sometimes it's the little things that count.

Thanx Lotus !

Very cool. Good for them. Lotus is a great company.

Surf Monkey,
Reactions: ataxian

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
WOW- website re-design looks great!

Size and shape only.....get the new one with the lipped edge. It is much easier to handle and keep your fingers off the hot metal plate.

Having been a lotus user for YEARs, I gotta say I have never burnt myself on the metal plate. Some might prefer larger or smaller, but real consideration should also be given to how you will use your lotus and your existing glass.

The larger cap may in some cases require the use of a drop down if your joint is very close to your glass (example pic below).
F18y-WP-331T-9018BA.01--1_1200x1200.jpg

LabPong

The larger cap may in some cases require the use of a drop down if your joint is very close to your glass (example pic below).

Great point.....I did have an issue using with a D020 and a certain dropdown that was too close to the main body. I never have burned myself grabbing the cap...but did get hot fingers a few times while not paying attention when grabbing it off the rig to stir. In those cases, the bigger lipped one makes it harder for your fingers to slide over the edge onto the metal part.

Why are they called "high temp" and "low temp" ...?

The low temp I believe is just an old design. I believe they only make the high temps ones but just have back stock on the other. Unless they made some new part I did not hear about.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Lotus can correct or confirm, but the low temp is an evolved, current generation of the original Lotus. I always thought of it similar to a Porsche GT3RS.

The High temp was taking things a slightly different direction. I feel it has a wider margin for error (good for first time user), and also can reach temps to vape concentrate. Reaching these temps on an original cap can cause damage/charring.

Gigsabits53

Lotus can correct or confirm, but the low temp is an evolved, current generation of the original Lotus. I always thought of it similar to a Porsche GT3RS.

The High temp was taking things a slightly different direction. I feel it has a wider margin for error (good for first time user), and also can reach temps to vape concentrate. Reaching these temps on an original cap can cause damage/charring.
I believe you are correct @FlyingLow . It seems I recall the high temp cap had something to do with concentrates. I have both caps and I use the high temp 100% of the time now.

Gigsabits53,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

The low temp is an older generation Cap that we have retired. It was good for it’s day but the high temp and Saucer caps have more longevity. I guess I would compare the low temp caps to the 356 Porsches.

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
RE: longevity of Low Temp Cap
I use it for 2.5 years very heavily bc I vape tobacco. After 3000+ sessions it looks and performs perfectly. Once I drowned it, dry it carefully and it worked the same way.
Edit: it was under water just some seconds. Water went inside behind the plate nevertheless.

Last edited:

colgorkan

Only one I have ever killed is a newer one. I also end up charring the wood on all the newer recessed caps within a month or so and went years on a couple of the older ones without a mark. Thinking about firing up the lathe and doing some re-conditioning.

colgorkan,

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
My friend use HiTemp cap and charred it horrendously. It doesn’t get more use than mine btw.

Xelatsok,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The low temp is an older generation Cap that we have retired. It was good for it’s day but the high temp and Saucer caps have more longevity. I guess I would compare the low temp caps to the 356 Porsches.
I love automobile’s?

my wife got a new BMW SUV that is a well designed mean’s of transportation?

The LOTUS remind’s me of fine engineering?
The bowl size is perfect for my need’s!

DonMarteng

After reading half the pages in this thread I decided I need a Lotus asap.
I hope to use it as my DD during the day to not get too stoned and also to have a flavour machine.
Dont really like to take my SB Jr outside that much, it looks weird for non vaporists.
Think a Lotus passes well as a Pipe :)

BestBuds

The Dude
After reading half the pages in this thread I decided I need a Lotus asap.
I hope to use it as my DD during the day to not get too stoned and also to have a flavour machine.
Dont really like to take my SB Jr outside that much, it looks weird for non vaporists.
Think a Lotus passes well as a Pipe :)
Make sure to get or try it with a glass j-hook. Superb flavor.

DonMarteng

Got an email yesterday that my Lotus is in the mail with a tracking numer (not working).
Got an email today that the Lotus is not available atm and I need to wait for infinite time.
Thats the average experience i get with most big european retailers, atleast they charge more for the same stuff. Well wishing you all a better day ;)

@ataxian Im using a similar glass piece, its called:
Grace Glass - Limited Edition Vapor Bong with Slit Diffuser Perc - Yellow/Green
Its a beauty and very well for short trips to the universe :)

Last edited:
DonMarteng,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Got an email yesterday that my Lotus is in the mail with a tracking numer (not working).
Got an email today that the Lotus is not available atm and I need to wait for infinite time.
Thats the average experience i get with most big european retailers, atl east they charge more for the same stuff. Well wishing you all a better day ;)

@ataxian Im using a similar glass piece, its called:
Grace Glass - Limited Edition Vapor Bong with Slit Diffuser Perc - Yellow/Green
Its a beauty and very well for short trips to the universe :)
I have some DUTCH TREAT soaked in KIEF 2 load in my LOTUS.
Don’t tell anyone?
I like all my glass pieces both LOCALLY and IMPORTED?

Top Bottom