1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. vorrange

vorrange Well-Known Member

Yes! whole flowers -> whole flavours. :D

The lighter is powerfull enough to get clouds after 10secs. Be sure to put a nug that covers the bowl circular area, or poke it in the middle to spread it a bit. I'm guessing the bowl's circunference is larger than the Nano stems albeit marginally.

One thing though, hits longer than 15sec, especially in the break-in period, bring a subtle wood smell that disappears after some use.
    Fenton Mewley, ataxian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. fyiistay

fyiistay Member

Ok, I feel confident I've gotten the hang of things with the Lotus enough to write a review sort of post, so here I go.

At first I really didn't know what to think about it, and almost didn't really like it. The taste was amazing, but I just couldn't hit it very well. I would either underlight and get nothing, or overlight and combust the weed. Also, because of the burnt weed it really clogged up the screen. So after the first or second day, I decided I needed to clean it. At this point I was pretty good at hitting it, getting perfect hits 9/10 times. Not very thick clouds, but good sizes in my opinion. Well, I cleaned it up and it looked good as new, and it was relatively easy to clean, too. At this point I decided I was basically in love with the thing, though it still had a few annoying qualities. Mainly because of the lighter, it has a few flaws, but for the most part it's holding out. I'm now 5 days into this vape and I have to say, I can't really find anything wrong with it at all. It's absolutely amazing for the price I paid. The only negative thing I have to say is that it can get kind of annoying to clean. Other than that, there's literally nothing bad about it. I was able to show 2 friends so far how to use it, even though I was lighting it for one of them lol. I just didn't want them to combust and make my pipe smell bad. Another thing I am really satisfied with, aside from the taste, is the high. It kinda creeps up on you, but not in the bad way. All of the sudden, you just realize you're very high lol. I never vape more than 2 bowls at a time now and I always get much more stoned than smoking. Quick question, how much does each bowl hold? Filled from screen to top.

One more question, how do you know when to stop hitting? It seems like I can just continue forever lol I feel like I'm not vaping enough per bowl.
    Really good vape, nice for first timer (me) 9/10
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Tom Funk, wisherly, Seren and 8 others like this.
  3. vorrange

Great fyiistay. Be sure to maintain a slow draw, it helps to extract better and the temperature is more consistent. Plus, the clouds are bigger and thicker this way.

About the cleaning, use a brush after a couple of bowls and/or blow on it so it cloggs less easily. I never need much cleaning.. :)
  4. Looper

Looper Member

5. vorrange

You think? It is almost 10x less. :)

It is a copy.
  6. grokit

grokit power cosmic

They have "cloud" vapes too!
    vorrange likes this.
  7. MotoPsycho

MotoPsycho Well-Known Member

There's no way. On the close up picture, the wood finish looks terrible:uhoh:.The plate looks pretty ugly too.
    jambandphan03 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

its also a phillips screw rather than an allen key thing?? ahah
    ataxian and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  9. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I tell you now, unless you are looking for a wall decoration, pass that one up. It's so cheaply "copied" full of glue in what should be the heated air path... curiosity got me, as I just had to find out what was passing for a cheap lotus knock off, and it was a real waste of money. The wood is finished with some kind of clear coat like you would use on furniture, the plates are super thin, and questionable metal that sort of warped and changed colors when I hit it with a torch, after removing them from wood piece. I took it apart to see if I could possibly sand/clean it up and still use the wood part, and got it fairly cleaned up, put it all back together and reluctantly attempted to heat/use it, and nothing, no air flow. I thought maybe at least the stem would be ok, but it has glue under where the screen goes to help bond the bowl in place. The only saving grace was the PA was decent enough to use after a serious cleaning, but otherwise, the stuff showed up extremely dirty, glue in all heated air paths. STEER CLEAR!!

Here's a pic of it taken apart after I sanded the glue and finish off a bit... I'm just a bit sorry now that I didn't take before pictures, it was pretty bad how they just slathered the glue on the metal ring that inserts in the center, and just left it coated. I actually torched the glue covered metal ring pretty heavy then sanded it and torched it again after removing it.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  10. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

11. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

Damn! That's some dangerous product over there…

I have settled on a very easy cleaning routine and after all those months I don't even think about cleaning. It's an auto process!
    I use a little brush in the bowl after every load and give the pipe a good draw after that and a good blow as well. After a couple of loads the walls of the bowl are starting to gum up. Then I lightly torch the bowl from the outside and when I see the first vapor hints rise I just swipe it with a q-tip and the bowl is brand new again. Heating it from the outside makes cleaning of the bowl a piece of cake. Then after a week or so when the inside of the pipe starts to gum up as well (you feel the draw, it gets more restricted…), I remove the screen, dip the stem in some ISO in a small jar and pass an ISO moistened pipe cleaner through it. Then rinse under hot water and it's brand new again. Time for cleaning the bowl after a load? 5-10 secs. Time to clean the stem? A minute or two… :smug: Easiest cleaning portable ever? Maybe..:nod:

:cool: :cheers: :popcorn::whoa::p
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Tom Funk, wisherly, Seren and 2 others like this.
  12. Max Jitter

Max Jitter Manufacturer Manufacturer

Can you say 'Patent Infringement'? This is definitely a copy of V1. I sold these guys a unit in the Fall and they were very obnoxious about not wanting to pay the wholesale price. Thanks for posting this Vapor Goddess. I felt like I had to take a shower when I left their shop.
  13. jambandphan03

@Max Jitter I also found them on Alibaba... no doubt the origin of the one I ended up with. I don't mind taking one for the team if it stops people from making bad mistake of actually trying to use one.
    ataxian, Vapodudule and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  14. natural farmer

You are good to go for just 5 days! Let me tell you, give it some more time and practice and you won't believe how much better it can get, all aspects of it… :smug:

The bowl can hold about 0.2 filled all the way and slightly tamped down, but it's not so efficient to use it like this and it doesn't make for such a nice experience imo. Nowadays I just fill it MAX to the middle, no tamping down ! I usually just cover the screen (about 0.03-0.05) and a couple of good hits are all it takes to get me high. And there is more for a second session later… :p @lwien ! I am getting closer mate! :lol: LESS IS MORE!
  15. Dafni

Dafni Well-Known Member

Wow, who are "these guys" if you don't mind me askin??
    Copying a nice innovative product like that is just wrong, dead wrong. I thought only the asian markets did that in such an obvious way.

That's so true! You need a good efficient vape though: the Lotus for off-grid and a good log for home use. Makes your stash last forever! Not saying the Lotus would not cut it for home use, but the added simplicity is a plus for me sometimes.
    Seren, filteredhead, ataxian and 5 others like this.
  16. Fenton Mewley

Fenton Mewley A man in search of cloudier pastures

My roommate has an EQ in his room. I prefer my Lotus WPA set up for sessions with the dude simply because of the incredible heat up time.

EQ bags for parties, Lotus for less than 4 people.
  17. SoulCaptivesAreFree

SoulCaptivesAreFree Hazemaniac

hey :)

been a while, still loving my lotus - everyday more actually! the best vape purchase i have ever made ;)

some days ago i started my vaping day with the solo because the lotus had to be cleaned and i was feeling lazy about it... 5 minutes after the solo session was finished i had the lotus cleaned up and ready to go... the solo just didn't do it anymore: bland taste (in comparison, i used to love the solo taste), thin, cooked vapor and just the overall satisfaction of the ritual was missing...

go lotus! :D
    axakal, SSVUN~YAH, Tom Funk and 5 others like this.
  18. natural farmer

My experiences were exactly the same with the Solo!!! :D
    Tom Funk likes this.
  19. vorrange

Same here, but instead of the Lotus it was a log vape that showed me the blandness of Solo's taste.
  20. NeeChee

NeeChee More meatloaf Ma!

+ They even call it the Lotus isn't that illegal?
    SSVUN~YAH, Seren, grokit and 3 others like this.
  21. fyiistay

fyiistay Member

Great, the lighter stopped working... it spits out fuel and sparks but no flame. This sucks! Any fix?

I've been using 5x Xikar butane.
  22. jambandphan03

SpruceGruve, grokit, t-dub and 3 others like this.
  23. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

@ataxian let us know how the lotus pairs up with that chinese bubbler you got. im in the market for one
    Tom Funk, SSVUN~YAH and jambandphan03 like this.
  24. ataxian

ataxian California

I just had my first experience with the LOTUS on my D020 BUBBLER.
    Very Nice flavor.
    The NANO is easier to use and the FLAVOR is amazing!

The LOTUS is nice to have and I need more practice. However for my first session it was pretty straight forward and did a good job.
    I will add it to my quiver however I do not intend to replace any of my devices. It does taste very good.
    I loaded a whole flower nugget.
    Now if I only had a choice of owning one vaporizer I can see were the LOTUS not requiring Electricity to operate would be desirable.
    Seren, grokit, filteredhead and 4 others like this.
  25. vorrange

The flavour will improve but the nano has a slight better taste i'm sure.

As for your quiver, i will let your habit form naturaly but don't be surprised if you find yourself using it more than others, cause it is just too damn HANDY! :D

This will be especially true if you leave all your vapes unplugged like i do. :)

And with time, using the Lotus will be automatic and second nature. Thats when things get dangerous. ;)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors