The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Unfortunately, my torches have not arrived yet :cuss::rant::cuss: I know ,I know :bang:
they said on the way, then when a few days went by i realized I had an email stating one of the items was out of stock. Okay ,cool no problem, they also sent me a following email stating that one of the items that was in stock was being shipped while the out of stock was re stocking and would be sent out at a later date. Last I checked both my orders are out now, but the one that left first ,shows stuck in hong Kong post, the other has the electronic label already but no info. Most of my fasttech orders have arrived super fast, so this is a first for me, but I cant complain:clap:
I hope to get them this week (I HOPE), will for sure report back as soon as they get here, my $5 dollar single torch broke , then my $5 dollar double torch is on its way out.:luv::cry::cry::cry:

EDIT
Sorry, I have not tried the MT lighters but I bet they perform better than these crappy ones I got from my LHS.
http://www.lightersdirect.com/2013 Snake.2194/Tournaire Snake Lighter %2526 Ashtray Set.20809.html

I would get this one however I want it I don't need it.

I have 2 x $27 chrome torches I've had for over 2 years that I got from my LSS. (Local Smoke Shop)
The cheap ones don't last very long!
You should be able to get a decent torch for under $50.
51z7b%2Bv3ybL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Cigarette-Cigar-Butane-Lighter/dp/B007WXN6NQ/ref=pd_sbs_hg_14

I found the ones I have for less than $10 on amazon?
I have a MATTE and a SHINY Chrome one.
31fN6ceTRlL.jpg

Some CHEF'S use this one.
Attach it to a can of butane.
Home use.
Not a walk about!

Last edited:
Small flame for such a big unit... :p Get some cheap Honests from dx or elsewhere! They pack some serious punch and are quite reliable and durable. They last me all day long with some heavy usage! And I get vapour from the third second of heat applying usually... Not bad right?
Well then if that's the case my lighter works just fine lol. Plus even with a good amount of use at night I rarely ever have to fill my torch. Like maybe once a week. I guess it's nice the flame is small then because it really lasts it's butane.

natural farmer

:whoa:
http://www.lightersdirect.com/2013 Snake.2194/Tournaire Snake Lighter %2526 Ashtray Set.20809.html

I would get this one however I want it I don't need it.

I have 2 x $27 chrome torches I've had for over 2 years that I got from my LSS. (Local Smoke Shop)
The cheap ones don't last very long!
You should be able to get a decent torch for under $50.
51z7b%2Bv3ybL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Cigarette-Cigar-Butane-Lighter/dp/B007WXN6NQ/ref=pd_sbs_hg_14

I found the ones I have for less than $10 on amazon?
I have a MATTE and a SHINY Chrome one.

31fN6ceTRlL.jpg

Some CHEF'S use this one.
Attach it to a can of butane.
Home use.
Not a walk about!

Let's hope you'll pull the trigger for the Lotus soon and those old torches of yours get some use and tell us how they perform. :p The one for the butane cans is too big and the flame would scorch the whole vapour cap! :lol:

@Edward Hyde mate! At last! Your girl can thank me later... :p And you are next in line. Give it some time and you won't leave it by your side!:rockon: :smug: :cheers:

Edward Hyde

:whoa:

Let's hope you'll pull the trigger for the Lotus soon and those old torches of yours get some use and tell us how they perform. :p The one for the butane cans is too big and the flame would scorch the whole vapour cap! :lol:

@Edward Hyde mate! At last! Your girl can thank me later... :p And you are next in line. Give it some time and you won't leave it by your side!:rockon: :smug: :cheers:

ordered one for myself aswell already mate...

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Are mine OK or not?
Yes, ataxian the ones you have will work perfectly, the one thats larger , the chefs torch is way to big.
The lotus just needs a medium to small flame and your good to go, looks like your covered with that extra lighter you have.
Thanks for the heads up, might have to check out those lighters.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hey guys, I know you are supposed to use triple distilled butane, but I'm having a hard time finding butane with that exact label in a store nearby.

Would this work?

http://us.colibri.com/butane-300ml-two-pack.html
Yeah colibri is really good fuel, theres also power 5x refined , and vector 5 x times refined up to I think 8 times refined.
I always say 3 x times refined or above is best for these lighters, 3x will work fine but if you like your lighters to last longer you can go with 5 x refined or even the 8x refined.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
OG... Could you compare the Lotus with the PnP a bit if you feel like it?

Well let see here............Let me start off by saying I love my Lotus and actually found a place for the pinnacle its a bad ass little portable.
Okay, The lotus is still more efficient IMO I can load small amounts (.05-.07) and get the same result every time, big tasty vapor cloud's instantly, the Pinnacle can give me huge clouds too (Just found out) but thats filling the bullet full (approx. .2), now I get a lot of clouds with that .2 ,but this seemed to have gotten very large clouds this way.
The Pinnacle can be as tasty on low temps (flavor drops quick on setting 2+) as the lotus but the lotus wins (IMHO) by flavor lasts longer with less.
The lotus is instant while the pinnacle actually takes a bit to warm up from cold, I do like the bullet but I also like the WPA, the bowl rarely is to hot to touch, while the bullet you gotta give it 20 seconds or so.
The clouds of the lotus are huge for me and are effortless, the pinnacle pro clouds are very nice and effortless as well but I need to load a bit more to get the larger clouds of the lotus , still good in my book. This is okay for me since the pinnacle pro is taken out with me( till I get a j hook for portable lotus) and I pass it around between my wife and myself so the total hits get split between the two of us.

The lotus I have only tried maybe 3 times dry and vapor seemed okay not to hot if I recall, the Pinnacle Pro can be a bit warm for some on the higher settings but I dont find that it bothers me.

The pinnacle wins in stealth but can get smelly if you have the bullet in it while heating up.
The lotus and the PNP can roast the goods evenly but the pnp due to its hybrid style vape using convection and conduction it roast evenly with out stirring, just little nit picking of things that I can point out.
The Lotus gets me really Vaked , and the PNP gives me a bit of a different high compared to the lotus but there both really strong, just noticed that pnp can make me feel just a tad bit more drowsy if I overmedicate due to the IME conduction/convection aspect.
The both get me blitsz though so its hard to explain but they both offer slightly different feeling in a great way.

I will think of more, but My lotus is still my daily driver, the pinnacle pro gets used at times when I want to sit back on the couch watching a movie and just let it do its thing, the lotus is my go to morning ,day, & night, the PNP fills those in between for me and for a portable on the go.
They are are both a treat to own, I love them both , like trying to choose what child you love more lol lol You cant there both loved the same but they both offer there own unique characteristics.

I have to add that one night I went to take my nightly night cap on the Lotus and my dam lighter started acting up and I could not get it to work properly enough to get a lotus hit. I was so upset I wanted to get tired quick and needed my lotus, but in my relief I had the PNP, saved the night and the next morning I fixed that dreaded lighter and was lotus'ing it up once again.

Sorry the lotus worked a number on me, sorry for rambling!!!

Last edited:

Meghan

OG... Could you compare the Lotus with the PnP a bit if you feel like it?

I can, too. :)

The PnP was my favorite portable until I got the Lotus. Now I only use the PnP in situations where I'm out of the house and stealth is required.

As far as battery-operated portables go, I love the PnP. It easily fits into your pocket and definitely gets the job done. One bullet of material lasts 2-3 eight-minute sessions, depending upon how far you like to push your flowers. The bullet system keeps the unit relatively cleaner than the Pax, and leads to less maintenance than that vape. The battery will only last 5-6 eight minute sessions, for the most part, which is a definite downer. It doesn't have the battery life to get me through an entire day of vaping away from an outlet, that's for sure. It hits pretty decently...I actually use it on level 2 and get decent clouds. I love and hate the bullet system...love it because it keeps the unit relatively clean, hate it because it requires some pre-planning and preparation, as well as keeping track of bullets.

The Lotus is a powerhouse compared to the PnP. You can go from zero to vaping in about 3 seconds with the Lotus, compared to at least a minute with the PnP (and even then, you most likely won't see clouds on the first hit). Lotus sessions are usually a lot shorter for me, but the extraction is just as good. The Lotus definitely medicates me more heavily...I take bigger hits, so that makes sense. My favorite thing about the Lotus is the fact that it won't run out of battery. :) And loading couldn't be easier! Although sessions last longer with the PnP, the Lotus is far more efficient and I appreciate being able to have small sessions (and still get very medicated!) rather than needing to load twice as many flowers, knowing the extraction/effect will be no better.

Through glass, the PnP performs decently well. It's awesome with the Pinnacle hydrotube, and holds its own with bigger pieces as well. That said, the Lotus can milk glass like no other portable vape I've seen. It's just amazing.

Neither the Lotus nor the PnP is particularly high maintenance. The Lotus probably needs more regular cleaning, though the PnP definitely gets gunked up itself. I have to heat my PnP before I can remove the MP these days. The Lotus screen does get gunked up pretty damn fast, but it's simple to either replace it or soak everything in isopropyl alcohol.

natural farmer

I think I need to replace my Solo someday with a PnP or a Firefly... They are all so great back ups and so silent if you need so... Or if it's windy... :p

Thanks for the input guys and girls... :) That was some write up!

Meghan

I think I need to replace my Solo someday with a PnP or a Firefly... They are all so great back ups and so silent if you need so... Or if it's windy... :p

Thanks for the input guys and girls... :) That was some write up!

I definitely appreciate having a backup--especially as a stealth option. My wife would flip out if I tried to light up the Lotus in the passenger seat of the car while she was driving! lol

Top Bottom