The Lotus Vaporizer

natural farmer

My herb must be extra sticky or something because I can probably get 2 or 3 days @ about 4 bowls a day before I feel compelled to clean. Maybe I'm more OCD than most in this matter, but I like to have a clean airway and by the time I pull the screen, it looks like a thin piece of felt.

No biggie really as I recover it with alcohol and recycle the screen. A FWIW, it's the same between my pieces, not unique to just the Lotus.

Do you clean the hot bowl after a session with a small brush? If it's hot enough few things stay behind. I also use to heat the outside of the bowl with the torch, when some gunk builds on the walls, and when I see some vapor forming, I do a quick brushing and it's sparkling clean again. I ISO wash the WA every week or so, I love the reduced maintenance of the WA/J-hook compared to the stem...

i clean it about every 2-3 days too... but it does see some good use in that time :D

by this you can already tell that the lotus now has finally become my daily driver... solo is still being used too, but has been lying around unused for up to 3 days at a time - something that had not happened ever since getting the solo (ok maybe once when i got the cloud, but i don't know, i forget, the cloud does that lol )

was just a matter of learning how to use it ;) (and getting the perfect glass to go with the lotus design :D )

Are/Were there different versions of the WPA? I want to make sure I get the most up-to-date version to match a Lotus V2. This is the one EZVapes.com is showing on their site, but I found another picture which has O-Rings.

e1xiFRh.png

wVg6drs.jpg

slowandsteady,
Reactions: BLAZING OG
afaik there is the first, smaller one, the second bigger, without magnet and now the third/new one with magnet. the above is the first, oldest one, as with the second wpa they had o-rings integrated at the joint.

but there is a blackfriday-sale at their website still running today, get the newest one for a good price now ;)

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Yeah, you might want to check before you fulfill your order from the retailers.....

I ordered my WPA directly from MT just before they announced the magnetic version. I got the original, which is fine. I think the non-magnetic is just as good for stationary vaping from a WP, but the magnetic would be better for on-the-go action, such as using the J Hook.

I'll probably eventually order another WPA kit.

Thought of another plus to using the aluminum stem for wisherly. It is very easy for me to scoop a bowl out of my grinder with the Al. stem. The bowl fills nice with very little mess or herb sticking to the outside. I then brush it off into the grinder or ABV cup with a stiff paintbrush. This is a huge plus to me since I'm often performing this task in low light...and my vision sucks if I don't have reading glasses on. It's similar to the classic VG in this regard. I wince whenever I see people packing a bowl with their finger tips...all those poor trichomes never making it into your system.

Dr. Plutonious

How do you get the Black Friday discount?

EDIT: Just found it. Here it is for anyone else:

BF15

EDIT #2 (The exciting edit): The Black Friday discount just made this too hard to pass up on. I just ordered the Combination Pipe/ Water Pipe adapter kit. Got one of those little scoops too (I have ELB's in mind for it too) and the grinder card thing (looked too interesting to pass up on!)

Got a natural finish and a 6 1/2 stem. Can't wait to try this thing out. It'll be the first portable I've owned since I retired the MFLB.

Last edited:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Max, when I placed my order (#716) on your website, it said I would receive an email with login instructions and a password. Have not heard anything regarding my order except for the PayPal receipt. Is this normal? TIA.

t-dub,

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the lotus kit with a waterpipe adapter off of EZVAPES. Cannot wait to try it out! It sucks because due to unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to indulge until the end of the month :mad:. I am already in love with the look and design of this vape. Cannot wait until I will be able to try it!

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Last night I gave it a good try with some good dense bud, it is true that you can achieve a great medication with that technology. While I burned a little bit two times, I think this vape is great for someone who seeks an experience that is close to smoking, you can get really nice hits, it was heavy, more than my other vapes.

I'm going to use it a bit more, it was almost taking dust. Directly on the J hook it was making me sneeze a bit, I guess I should try the cotton filter method. Also, I still have not tried to use it outdoors.

Last edited:

WannaVape

Went to the local USPS to pick up my Lotus first thing this morning. Just did 1 bowl in the aluminum stem (wanted to use the WPA but the stir stick hits the top of my downstem not allowing a seal, so I need an adapter), got 4 nice clouds, didnt scorch the herb at all. I was afraid of a learning curve, but after the easily successful results from my first bowl I just know it's only to get easier with time and my water pipe. Very happy with my purchase :science:

Edit: I have a question though, since I didn't order from the manufacturer directly, is there a way to check if I got the newest version?

Last edited:

Bvapst

I think if you've got magnets on the stem it should be the last one.
But the very last version is on the WPA side with magnets on it?
Personally I didn't got that version and I think it could be useful in future to be able to "travel" with a loaded bowl.

WannaVape

Ok awesome, I have the magnets on the stem. I don't have magnets in the WPA but I feel like that would just make stirring harder anyway. On a side note, the aluminum stem is way heavier and stronger than I expected it to be, which I love, and the cap itself is much smaller.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I think one of the things that attracted me to the Lotus was the visual & technological simplicity of it all, and so well executed in design and function - which continues to evolve! Beyond that, coming from a history of combustion, and an aesthetic standpoint, the association is well within my comfort zone. This is good!

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just got this glass today, its a low cost piece from china, DHgate, took a little over a week to get here. Cost me $26 and some change shipped. It matches up well with the Lotus and reducer. Just far enough to get good sight and not have too much heat reflecting back at my face. Nice little bubbler for the cost, I must say I was pleasantly surprised how well it pairs up with the Lotus.I did have to bend my stir stick slightly outward to allow it to fit on top of the dwar, but it was a very minor modification.

FJ2I8o8.jpg

GAFU3SD.jpg

I found it here, the price seems to have gone up to $27, still a great bargain if you don't want to blow a ton of money on a bubbler.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...ass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html#st0-1-null

King

Accessory Maker

Unisonruss

What would you consider your ideal storage/travel bag for the Lotus? Would it include a compartment for a grinder or just for herb storage? If a grinder, what size? Cloth, leather? Ties, zipper or magnets to keep it closed?

My ideal travel bag would be as compact as possible. Something that stores the lotus efficiently, with enough room for ground herb storage, and the torch lighter. Something that's durable, too, for the outdoorsy types that like to hike, smowboard, etc.

It'd be cool also to have an "herb dispenser" (instead of typical herb storage), perhaps an aluminum, cylindrical, ground herb storage device, that also dispenses the herb to the lotus bowl. A push of a small buton would open the bottom of the unit, allowing herb to drop into the bowl. Releasing the button would close the door back up. Seems possible, and I bet every lotus owner would want one, along with the case.

natural farmer

What would you consider your ideal storage/travel bag for the Lotus? Would it include a compartment for a grinder or just for herb storage? If a grinder, what size? Cloth, leather? Ties, zipper or magnets to keep it closed?

My Ryot Ratzpack works really good for me... I put the lighter and a small brush in the small compartment and a plastic herb container can accompany the Lotus in the main compartment. It's padded fabric and closes with a cord.
I would prefer a nice wooden one though that will fit the Lotus exclusively and will be as pocketable as possible. Herbs should better travel on their own so they can be disposed easier if needed. Lighter as well.

Top Bottom