The Lotus Vaporizer

dsal1

I just got this glass today, its a low cost piece from china, DHgate, took a little over a week to get here. Cost me $26 and some change shipped. It matches up well with the Lotus and reducer. Just far enough to get good sight and not have too much heat reflecting back at my face. Nice little bubbler for the cost, I must say I was pleasantly surprised how well it pairs up with the Lotus.I did have to bend my stir stick slightly outward to allow it to fit on top of the dwar, but it was a very minor modification.

FJ2I8o8.jpg

GAFU3SD.jpg

I found it here, the price seems to have gone up to $27, still a great bargain if you don't want to blow a ton of money on a bubbler.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...ass-vase-perc-water/175832535.html#st0-1-null

I ordered the same bubbler about a week and half ago, I was wondering Jam if they sent the others pieces with it, (nail, dome ect.) Like the picture said you will get all of this.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
:nod: .... Magnets do have their obvious advantages, especially for those who are less dexterous, or those in a bit of a rush to get a vape on!
I love me some magnets lol lol
Very good point!!!!:nod: I now have another reason why I like magnets, thank you!!!
I know a few with limited movement in there hands and finger's, :bang:never thought:doh: of mentioning that to them as an alternative.:clap::tup::rockon:

llamaman001

I will be purchasing one of these so I have a vape incase there is no power around. Id like to get a bunch of extra screens though. Can anyone give me the measurements of the screens that are needed please or do I need to purchase them directly from lotus?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I will be purchasing one of these so I have a vape incase there is no power around. Id like to get a bunch of extra screens though. Can anyone give me the measurements of the screens that are needed please or do I need to purchase them directly from lotus?
Snaps, I dont know the screen size, but the ones lotus sells are the perfect thickness and mesh size to not get gunked up quick, but also provide plenty of airflow and less particles to pass by . The thickness of the lotus screens are also sturdy, I have not had to change the screen after almost a month of use and many cleanings/burn off's.

EDIT
Also the bowl that holds the screen has a little lip /cut out for the screen to sit perfectly, the lotus screens perfectly lock into place after a few uses.

King

Accessory Maker
Send a self addressed stamped envelope to Mendocino Therapeutics and they'll throw 2-3 screens in it and send it back.

natural farmer

Waking and baking next to a fireplace in a freezing morning is just fucking awesome! And the Lotus makes the experience so much greater with it's simple routine... A glass of water by my side, grabbing the WA, scooping half a bowl of pre-ground herb, pressing the WA into the j-hook's GonG, placing the vapor cap on top of them, checking the torch's flame size and goooo! 4-5 tasty and potent hits later, bliss... Lurking in the Cloud Evo's thread while blitzed. Watching @Enchantre's last Cloud vid. So jealous... I scoop another half bowl and stick it in the J-hook. I up the flame a bit and go for a big one high heat hit to drown my jealousness! One hit, faster draw, dark brown ABV, massive cloud, equal to the previously watched vid and amazing taste in the mouth! What the heck, let's get obliterated... One last hit from the almost depleted load. With the first sign of foul taste I lift the cap and save the load from blackening. ABV is dark dark brown and only bad taste is left in there... Mission accomplished! No Cloud jealousness anymore. Praise the Lotus in it's thread! Get something to eat! Cheers all! Have a great day!

EDIT: a great session which led to a tragedy... After the hot water cleaning of the j-hook I noticed the dreaded hairline crack at the base of it... I sent an email to H&N in case it's covered by a warranty but I highly doubt it. Any fellow vaporist from the States care to send a proper THICK j-hook to Europe?

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your j-hook natural farmer! i have been having my eyes on this one:

http://www.bitfreakglass.com/access...teve_Bates01_14mm_Sherlock_Mouthpiece_$55.jpg

but couldn't justify the expense, as i have a working one... but this is the perfect hook to go with the lotus design imo ;)

as for the comparison with the cloud: i have not used my cloud one single time since getting the lotus, not even once lol it's gonna go up in the classifieds soon - just want to keep it around for the new years eve party ;)

thanks for turning me on to the lotus natural farmer! :D

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Waking and baking next to a fireplace in a freezing morning is just fucking awesome! And the Lotus makes the experience so much greater with it's simple routine... A glass of water by my side, grabbing the WA, scooping half a bowl of pre-ground herb, pressing the WA into the j-hook's GonG, placing the vapor cap on top of them, checking the torch's flame size and goooo! 4-5 tasty and potent hits later, bliss... Lurking in the Cloud Evo's thread while blitzed. Watching @Enchantre's last Cloud vid. So jealous... I scoop another half bowl and stick it in the J-hook. I up the flame a bit and go for a big one high heat hit to drown my jealousness! One hit, faster draw, dark brown ABV, massive cloud, equal to the previously watched vid and amazing taste in the mouth! What the heck, let's get obliterated... One last hit from the almost depleted load. With the first sign of foul taste I lift the cap and save the load from blackening. ABV is dark dark brown and only bad taste is left in there... Mission accomplished! No Cloud jealousness anymore. Praise the Lotus in it's thread! Get something to eat! Cheers all! Have a great day!

EDIT: a great session which led to a tragedy... After the hot water cleaning of the j-hook I noticed the dreaded hairline crack at the base of it... I sent an email to H&N in case it's covered by a warranty but I highly doubt it. Any fellow vaporist from the States care to send a proper THICK j-hook to Europe?
Its like poetry to my ears, very nice @natural farmer!!!!!!
I do hope you get the J-hook back in action asap!!!
I love my lotus more and more everyday, it has spoiled me for sure.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Initial impressions of the Lotus just out of the box:
  • Awesome build quality everything looks and feels amazing
  • WPA/Lotus Cap fits my low profile reducer without alteration to stir stick
  • Works IRL just like I imagined it would, very straight forward
So this was my first hit off any flame vape ever so to find success on the first try is fantastic. Yes I packed the bowl a bit too much and the browning was a tad uneven but it milked my Devastator on the second hit, first try was flavor country. So I am very impressed and only see things getting better as my technique improves. Excellent job @Max Jitter :)

King

Accessory Maker
Initial impressions of the Lotus just out of the box:
  • Awesome build quality everything looks and feels amazing
  • WPA/Lotus Cap fits my low profile reducer without alteration to stir stick
  • Works IRL just like I imagined it would, very straight forward
So this was my first hit off any flame vape ever so to find success on the first try is fantastic. Yes I packed the bowl a bit too much and the browning was a tad uneven but it milked my Devastator on the second hit, first try was flavor country. So I am very impressed and only see things getting better as my technique improves. Excellent job @Max Jitter :)

The experience of using the Lotus for the first time is something I wish I could have again. I was so ready to be disappointed, and it turned out that I was absolutely ecstatic. I bet thats how the Mars rover team felt when they successfully landed.

Last edited:

WannaVape

I'm still waiting for my 14mm male to female adapter to arrive so I can use it with my bong. If that adapter doesn't work either I'm just going to have to bend the stir stick. I feel like the placement is waaaay to close to the bowl so most downstems I own or have seen wouldn't fit it, but it has obviously worked for most of you

Sneech

Aw man, sorry to hear that happened. Welcome to the broken J-hook club, take a seat! I'm in America and also am having a hard time finding a nice thick j-hook. Also haven't really been using the lotus since my j-hook and G coil both broke. I did order both Al stems from MT awhile back and I'm hoping those will be in soon. Then I can give the lotus a try in its original form! Plus I can compare the two Aluminum stems side by side to see which I like better!

Top Bottom