The Lotus Vaporizer

So well spoken my friend… :clap:

EDIT: I am sure it has been posted around here a long time ago but I happened to read it just yesterday (found it accidentally when googling Lotus pics) and found it so spot on that I had to re-post it!!! This guy says it all! :tup: I could never use the english language so nice to describe the Lotus… :) Fortunately his wishes were answered by @Max Jitter as well… :D

http://stonerculture.com/2012/01/lotusvaporizerreview/

EDIT 2: @VapeNStone … Mark? How is that Cloud vs Lotus review going? :p
Well I love the lotus but it just doesn't compare to the EVO. I can get big bangers with the lotus but the taste doesn't seem to last as long. Also I seem to be able to take way bigger hits with the EVO. But for on the go the lotus is my go to piece. I just love the simplicity of the EVO just load the elb and suck as hard as you can and it fills a bong like smoking.

natural farmer

Well I love the lotus but it just doesn't compare to the EVO. I can get big bangers with the lotus but the taste doesn't seem to last as long. Also I seem to be able to take way bigger hits with the EVO. But for on the go the lotus is my go to piece. I just love the simplicity of the EVO just load the elb and suck as hard as you can and it fills a bong like smoking.

That's what I thought as well but I needed a confirmation… :lol: The EVO is probably in a category on it's own and can't be directly compared with most other vapes… :)

i'm still undecided on the color for my future lotus. how does the paint hold up after a couple of months of use? is the natural version covered with some kind of polish or just raw mapple?

Most of my friends with colored Lotus , and by not paying the proper attention, have messed up the paint pretty good! You need to take care of it to last. The natural color has some thin coating and haven't managed to put a blemish to it so far. It will last much longer in pristine condition in my experience.

Last edited:

Globbs

It's nice to see the lotus getting more attention. I just love this vape. Like everyone has said, the simplicity and efficiency are great traits to have.
Broke my j-hook this am. Made me realize that I quite enjoy the aluminum stem. I get a better feel for vapor temp and it will not break.
Happy to see others blowing massive vapor clouds!

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
i'm still undecided on the color for my future lotus. how does the paint hold up after a couple of months of use? is the natural version covered with some kind of polish or just raw mapple?

There is some kind of stuff that smells like ikea on my non colored version. Disapointment.

Roger D,

Bvapst

Just bought it Roger?
I'm reading the thread since a time and did a bit of research but would like feedback to questions. I've seen the plate can be changed when it's time but the vapor cap can not be cleaned. I have a bit of wonder about the smell like Roger. Maybe some days will make me thinking the opposite. I got my Lotus yesterday so don't take my thoughts for instance, especially after all those good comments.

Well I thought it would work a bit faster than it is actually but this depend on a few variables (torch size, technique, etc..)
I bought the aluminum stem and wpa kit (for solidness and outdoor especially). But I'm already planing a J-ook and maybe a glass wpa for future.
Taste wasn't surprisingly good with my two first small bowls (I cleaned it before!). I thought it is because of the aluminum stem but today while the original stem smell was gone and replaced by a bit of "vapory" smell, the first hit was big and fuckin tasty!
So now I'm sure the smell comes only from the wood or the cap? It is true that putting my nose above it at anytime I can smell something... I bought the short stem kit so it is easy to get the smell while on the draw.
Question :
does it goes away with time?
How to clean properly the aluminum stem and screen? I suppose we can unscrew it and thus making it possible to lift the bowl? Does it make more complicate putting it back if I'm unscrewing it?
Does the bowl is fixed in by any other process then mechanical? I had something around the bowl on the base of the stem which I cleaned off prior to use.
How do you keep the plate clean? rubbing alcohol?

Last edited:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
There is some kind of stuff that smells like ikea on my non colored version. Disapointment.
I wonder what kind of wood treatment he's using. It would be nice if an "unfinished" version was available that could be waxed or oiled by the user with whatever material they prefer, like with the Vapman and the Firewood.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
is that 1 hit 1 session?
yes , I took the whole load in one hit, I edited video to cut out my attempt of the second hit but I got flavor but no vapor , I had fully extracted it all in one pass lol lol
I like to get medicated chill and relax, but at times I need to do it fairly fast (time)
Yeah the evo Iam sure is in a class of its own.
Will have to add one to the list!
Just bought it Roger?
I'm reading the thread since a time and did a bit of research but would like feedback to questions. I've seen the plate can be changed when it's time but the vapor cap can not be cleaned. I have a bit of wonder about the smell like Roger. Maybe some days will make me thinking the opposite. I got my Lotus yesterday so don't take my thoughts for instance, especially after all those good comments.

Well I thought it would work a bit faster than it is actually but this depend on a few variables (torch size, technique, etc..)
I bought the aluminum stem and wpa kit (for solidness and outdoor especially). But I'm already planing a J-ook and maybe a glass wpa for future.
Taste wasn't surprisingly good with my two first small bowls (I cleaned it before!). I thought it is because of the aluminum stem but today while the original stem smell was gone and replaced by a bit of "vapory" smell, the first hit was big and fuckin tasty!
So now I'm sure the smell comes only from the wood or the cap? It is true that putting my nose above it at anytime I can smell something... I bought the short stem kit so it is easy to get the smell while on the draw.
Question :
does it goes away with time?

How to clean properly the aluminum stem and screen? I suppose we can unscrew it and thus making it possible to lift the bowl? Does it make more complicate putting it back if I'm unscrewing it?
Does the bowl is fixed in by any other process then mechanical? I had something around the bowl on the base of the stem which I cleaned off prior to use.
How do you keep the plate clean? rubbing alcohol?
I can only comment on the fact mine was slightly used and I traded for it, I have not smelled or tasted anything , maybe new one need to do a lighter beat up burn off first.
I only have the WPA, and its easy peezy to clean just soak in iso, the pipe I think can be cleaned by unscrewing back screw and running a pipe cleaner soaked in iso.

I wonder what kind of wood treatment he's using. It would be nice if an "unfinished" version was available that could be waxed or oiled by the user with whatever material they prefer.
I think I read somewhere in this post that they used a certain paint , but were changing it up to a new kinda paint and also pre bake the units.

On a side not just saw this on TV.

http://www.americanownews.com/story/23936358/medical-marijuana

Last edited:

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I have it since a couple weeks, the smell does not seem to wear off. It smells bad to me. It's the only big downside I see cause it's a cool tool if you like high heat vaping. I don't like this kind of coating material. I would like to know what it is cause I certainly inhale some of its fumes, it off gasses even more while I use it and its get hot.

Last edited:
i was getting a bit of a smell from the coating in the first few days, but it vanished completely after less than a week. didn't seem very problematic to me to be honest...

so i just tried the lotus with my j-hook for the first time :D

wow! very nice! this is the way this thing is intended to be used in the first place! great taste and incredible direct control over the vapor!

on the other hand i use it less and less on my waterpipe, just can't get over that hot-plate taste it gets once it's hot, guess i'm still too used to my session vape vaping-style - taking one hit after the other until the load is spent :D

axakal

the type of paint is also i would like to know since it came out. at least if it off gases or not at higher temperatures. i'd prefer a raw version that i can oil myself, too. but when the paint is safe and the smell wears off i can live with it.

I have it since a couple weeks, the smell does not seem to wear off. It smells bad to me. It's the only big downside I see cause it's a cool tool if you like high heat vaping. I don't like this kind of coating material. I would like to know what it is cause I certainly inhale some of its fumes, it off gasses even more while I use it and its get hot.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Me too. I haven't noticed any odors with the natural cap. I think I read somewhere that it's waxed, not painted. It'll take on character over time as it gets used.

Someday when it's considered socially acceptable, I'd like to have a dedicated room for vaping and all the things that should go along with it (coffee, beer, bourbon drinking..reading, listening to music, etc.) and I think the loti (I have two of them) will look pretty sweet sitting out on the coffee table.

I didn't notice any smells with mine, its got the natural finish, only smell wood if I accidentally over heat it, and don't notice any odors of a finish... not that I am disputing anyone else's experience... just passing along mine.

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Has anyone noticed that the WPA develops a sticker ABV than the aluminum stem? Especially the stuff that sticks to the sides of the bowl.

basement farmer,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Has anyone noticed that the WPA develops a sticker ABV than the aluminum stem? Especially the stuff that sticks to the sides of the bowl.
I dont have the pipe but my WPA gets really sticky vape residue on the screen and the sides, Iam using 2 screens to minimize material getting thru, but after 3-4 bowls as a habit iam cleaning the screens to keep airflow just right.
Also not sure but I feel the air being pulled in from the force of the waterpiece volume inside , makes me torch it more than the pipe to get bigger hits , it cools faster with water pipe so I need more heat to keep it going , the same amount of heat thru the HS pipe I fashioned , I would most certainly combust with that much heat and lower airflow.

marduk

daydreamer
the type of paint is also i would like to know since it came out. at least if it off gases or not at higher temperatures. i'd prefer a raw version that i can oil myself, too. but when the paint is safe and the smell wears off i can live with it.

If the paint is a problem you could always remove the plate and strip the paint off the cap completely. Then you could apply a natural oil finish yourself. :2c:

Don't know if this would void the warranty, but it shouldn't IMO.

Meghan

I haven't noticed any smell or offgassing from my cap...I have the black one.

One thing I've realized over the past couple days is that the part of the instructions that says "less is more" is dead correct. It is MUCH easier to combust with a full bowl. I've cut my bowls down to half and get tons of vapor with much less stirring and a more even extraction.

I think I've already said this, but the Lotus has all but replaced my Solo and Underdog, and I really only use my Pinnacle Pro out of the house. I never thought I would be so happy going back to basics, but I really am. I also realize how much anxiety I had around my battery level in my previous portable vapes. It's so nice not to have to worry about that anymore because somehow, inexplicably, my favorite vape happens to be flame-driven.

I demoed a few vapes to a smoking friend last weekend. I showed her the Solo, the Pinnacle Pro, and the Lotus, and she loved the Lotus. She agreed with me that part of smoking is the ritual, and the Lotus preserves that ritual better than just about any other vape out there. I was thrilled that she had such good taste...another friend doesn't seem interested in anything manual at all. :)

So, yeah...anyway....off to have a session with the Lotus!

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Yeah, I'm using a J hook, so I reckon that the vaping action would be similar to a water pipe.

Anyway, it's not a big deal or anything, but just an observation. Sometime when I think of it, I'll scope it and see what it looks like.

I have to admit though that I really prefer the J hook to the aluminum for overall taste and cloud quality. The way people have been breaking their J hooks over the last few pages of this discussion leads me to believe there will always be a time and place for the aluminum stem. Not to mention, the J hook is way unstealthy.

All these glass pictures are making me jones for a bong real bad though...

I dont have the pipe but my WPA gets really sticky vape residue on the screen and the sides, Iam using 2 screens to minimize material getting thru, but after 3-4 bowls as a habit iam cleaning the screens to keep airflow just right.
Also not sure but I feel the air being pulled in from the force of the waterpiece volume inside , makes me torch it more than the pipe to get bigger hits , it cools faster with water pipe so I need more heat to keep it going , the same amount of heat thru the HS pipe I fashioned , I would most certainly combust with that much heat and lower airflow.

basement farmer,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Found this thread Of @OF mentioning the wood of the vapman , it uses or can use linseed oil, wonder if thats the same for the lotus or maybe something other interested can do themselves.?

Vapman

BLAZING OG,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeah, I'm using a J hook, so I reckon that the vaping action would be similar to a water pipe.

Anyway, it's not a big deal or anything, but just an observation. Sometime when I think of it, I'll scope it and see what it looks like.

I have to admit though that I really prefer the J hook to the aluminum for overall taste and cloud quality. The way people have been breaking their J hooks over the last few pages of this discussion leads me to believe there will always be a time and place for the aluminum stem. Not to mention, the J hook is way unstealthy.

All these glass pictures are making me jones for a bong real bad though...
I agree the aluminum pipe add's military spec durability to the lotus lol lol
I need to get one asap, as well as a j hook to keep the variety flowing .
Glass and vaping is just :mmmm::mmmm::mmmm:

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Yeah, the aluminum stem could be used as a lethal weapon....should you ever happen to need a lethal weapon.

It even vaguely reminds me of some kind of Asian martial arts weapon.

With the Lotus and WPA, what would you recommend to the beginner interested in learning about glass? It's got to be relatively compact and easy to conceal. Durability is another consideration.:science:

I agree the aluminum pipe add's military spec durability to the lotus lol lol
I need to get one asap, as well as a j hook to keep the variety flowing .
Glass and vaping is just :mmmm::mmmm::mmmm:

basement farmer,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
For those many people curious about the finishes on the vapor cap: the natural one is oiled with Danish Oil, the painted vapor cap with an alkyd paint, which is a standard high quality oil based paint. I don't know what the chemistry of the alkyd paint is, except that lead was removed from it decades ago.
According to Wikipedia: Danish oil is a wood finishing oil, made of either tung oil or polymerized linseed oil.
We do a low temperature bake on the vapor cap until the smell of the volatiles disappears, usually 2 or 3 days.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeah, the aluminum stem could be used as a lethal weapon....should you ever happen to need a lethal weapon.

It even vaguely reminds me of some kind of Asian martial arts weapon.

With the Lotus and WPA, what would you recommend to the beginner interested in learning about glass? It's got to be relatively compact and easy to conceal. Durability is another consideration.:science:
There are so many options in glass from, size to shape, to function, to peculators and diffusion.
I always like to steer my friends towards the VB hydrator, its a great little piece beginner or not and it functions wonderfully and the price is right.

Removable mouthpiece
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-hydrator-clear-precision.html#.Uo619SjxX8g

Standard edition
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-hydrator-clear-mini.html#.Uo64BCjxX8g

Now Some FC members have started threads about collie glass ( reputable and affordable) ,
Glass blowers direct has great prices and deals. Maybe a few other can chiime in with there purchases or suggestions.

BLAZING OG,
Top Bottom