The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is that J-hook from PV mate?

I got this one some days ago from "head - nature"

but the mouthpiece is kind of low and I can barely see the hot plate…
iXs1EpPcVqMl9.JPG

Nevertheless, I can't seem to be able to leave it from my hands!!! :p

The Lotus and the J-hook definitely gives the best vaporizing experience I've ever had since I started this amazing trip! Period. :love:

I have settled on taking short, slow speed/high temp hits since the J-hook gives such great visual feedback and I am being able to keep the great taste to the end and with a very uniform ABV. I feel that by doing this I get smaller, full spectrum hits, without overheating the load, which my body apparently finds easier to absorb, I exhale less vapor and overall I just get higher with less! :)

Now, and by using the Lotus like this, I can definitely say that the taste lasts longer than with my Solo and the hits are more potent as well. :tup: @ataxian??? R u listening? Still haven't ordered one?

I wonder if there is any other convection vape that can give such instant high-heat hits without cooking the load in between and at the same time being so portable, small, so durable and with such a great taste and clean air/vapor path… Is there such a vape except the Lotus? :shrug: Hmmmm… Nope? I guessed so… :lol:

I collect SHERLOCKS (J-HOOK'S)
This seems like a fun set-up!
How much does a LOTUS cost?

basement farmer

My face is melting...
A question for some long term lotus users. Have any of you all had to replace the heating plate or the screens for any of your lotus vaporizers or WPAs? I do love this thing so much and would just like to know how well it holds up with continuous use over time. Would a spare cap, extra screens, or a replacement heating plate kit be a good idea? This thing seems so sturdy that as long as you don't mess it up yourself it seems like it should be fine.

Screens from Mendocino Theropeutic's site are $2 for six. They're cheap enough that it's worth having a baggy or two of them around. I've found a quick soak in alcohol clears the gunk out and usually clean the pipe while I'm at it. Other than that, you really don't need to worry about wearing out the plate or the cap. It's a very solid outfit that should last years so long as you take care of it.

The screens last as long as any other vape's would. I can get a week or so between cleaning.

natural farmer

I collect SHERLOCKS (J-HOOK'S)
This seems like a fun set-up!
How much does a LOTUS cost?

Fun indeed!!! ;) Get in that J-hook thread and show the collection! Please?

A Lotus vapor cap normally costs 65$ and the WA to mate it with any 14mm GOnG piece is another 20$. Also grab some 2$ Honest torch lighters from dx.com and that would be enough to get you started... :D

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Finally got the lotus vapor cap & WPA & I have to say that so far I think I am in love with this little puppy. Flavor is delicious, I cannot taste any metal, any SS, any wood NOTHING but my med's (Butter OG). My first take at it was delicious flavor and a smaller but decent exhale, I had not honed in my technique yet. Now iam blowing huge clouds effortlessly, by my second bowl.
Will report back!

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Yeh my first impression was "meh" no vapor only taste.. Only when i wasn't afraid to torch the thing was my mind blown! Easy to combust yes, but easy to correct.This was always supposed to be my travel piece. But it is so versatile in every way it now rides SHOTGUN

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeh my first impression was "meh" no vapor only taste.. Only when i wasn't afraid to torch the thing was my mind blown! Easy to combust yes, but easy to correct.This was always supposed to be my travel piece. But it is so versatile in every way it now rides SHOTGUN
I completely agree!!!!:tup:

First session , Fresh grinds on the left & Abv on the right.
Got 2 or 3 Flavorful hits, then dumped out , nice and even & the pics do no justice for how nice and uniform the color is.
(Image Below)

Second Session, got more control & as @NeeChee mentioned is when I torched the crap out of it and got huge feedback lol lol
OMG, WOW!
Fresh Grinds on left & ABV on the right!! No specs of black at all, the camera likes to add shadows and trickery with the flash, but I assure you looking thru a magnifying glass NO BLACKS just dark brown.
(Image Below)

Third Session
Hit it Hard and still no combustion, but still I kept the flame at a distance ,circling flame or bringing flame closer and then pulling further aways and so on.
(Image Below)

One of my sessions weighed out
0.11 bouncing to 0.12
(Image Below)

More ABV shots
(Image Below)

All of the ABV put together, approx .3-.4 ish.
Extremely Medicated myself & my wife.

I have to mention that I did combust once (my fault),actually my wife did, I was lighting her up and she got 2-3 great hit (2 were lung busters for her), I did good:nod: , but then I pushed her to see if she could get another last hit :doh:(we find relief in the high temp affect) . I torched the heck out of this one as to push the limits & extract it all:shrug:, sure enough I saw one tiny spark snap thru and thats when I stopped:ugh:. She said she got mostly vapor but the last bit tasted a bit burnt, and after inspecting the load (ABV) it was the darkest brown I have ever seen with a speckle of black with a tiny bit of ash:puke:(like it was starting to combust and did ever so slightly). So basically you can combust but its really hard and you have to be trying to and heating the heck out of it, have not combusted anything in the last 4 sessions Ive had.Back to testing!

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I still haven't combusted and it's not like I haven't pushed it lol
I had packed a pretty fat bowl, but now I seem to like loading about half full or slightly above half.
Yeah, I failed to mention that I used a double flame torch (when it combusted slightly), but the single one dialed in works flawlessly.:rockon:
Now to add a J-hook for the hiking sessions!!!
:ninja:

Meghan

I combusted during my second session, when I decided to push the hell out of it and fill up my inline bub with as much milky vapor as possible. Well, I got overexcited and ended up with a wee bit of smoke in the mix, and a black spot in the middle of the bowl. It was a good lesson because I've felt much more in control since, having just crossed the limit. :)

Some of my bowls come out dark, dark brown (when I decide to try and extract every last bit of goodness I can), but no combustion since.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I completely agree!!!!:tup:

First session , Fresh grinds on the left & Abv on the right.
Got 2 or 3 Flavorful hits, then dumped out , nice and even & the pics do no justice for how nice and uniform the color is.
(Image Below)

Second Session, got more control & as @NeeChee mentioned is when I torched the crap out of it and got huge feedback lol lol
OMG, WOW!
Fresh Grinds on left & ABV on the right!! No specs of black at all, the camera likes to add shadows and trickery with the flash, but I assure you looking thru a magnifying glass NO BLACKS just dark brown.
(Image Below)

Third Session
Hit it Hard and still no combustion, but still I kept the flame at a distance ,circling flame or bringing flame closer and then pulling further aways and so on.
(Image Below)

One of my sessions weighed out
0.11 bouncing to 0.12
(Image Below)

More ABV shots
(Image Below)

All of the ABV put together, approx .3-.4 ish.
Extremely Medicated myself & my wife.

I have to mention that I did combust once (my fault),actually my wife did, I was lighting her up and she got 2-3 great hit (2 were lung busters for her), I did good:nod: , but then I pushed her to see if she could get another last hit :doh:(we find relief in the high temp affect) . I torched the heck out of this one as to push the limits & extract it all:shrug:, sure enough I saw one tiny spark snap thru and thats when I stopped:ugh:. She said she got mostly vapor but the last bit tasted a bit burnt, and after inspecting the load (ABV) it was the darkest brown I have ever seen with a speckle of black with a tiny bit of ash:puke:(like it was starting to combust and did ever so slightly). So basically you can combust but its really hard and you have to be trying to and heating the heck out of it, have not combusted anything in the last 4 sessions Ive had.Back to testing!
This looks like a must have device when out and about seeing friends.
When I see my friends they all smoke joints or Bongs. With the LOTUS it fills this void where I can skip the Joint Smoking and just hit on the LOTUS. No Batteries or Plugs to deal with.
My little torches will get good use:

A LOTUS and one of these is the ticket!

Great Concept!

Keeping it Simple!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
This looks like a must have device when out and about seeing friends.
When I see my friends they all smoke joints or Bongs. With the LOTUS it fills this void where I can skip the Joint Smoking and just hit on the LOTUS. No Batteries or Plugs to deal with.
My little torches will get good use:

A LOTUS and one of these is the ticket!

Great Concept!

Keeping it Simple!
Thats one of the coolest features of the lotus, taking it back to the basics, but doest it so well and eloquently.
No power no nothing a can of butane and a lighter will hold you out for quite a while.
The lovely thing is most of my friends are going to love it just in the fact that you do the same motions as combusting but no where near combusting, you get to use the flame like your lighting up a bowl. Lotus is versatile ,you can use it on a water pipe or just sherlock it for extreme portability and enjoyment with the combusting buddies. You might turn a few with this one onto the vaping experience. The lotus needs to be in every vapist arsenal wether that be daily driver or a back up vape that will last and work even when there is no power.

Last edited:

axakal

i remember reading it, when they launched. they didn't have a european retailer by that time though and the thread was sleepy. enter natural farmer, reviving this thread and helping the lotus to its apparently deserved popularity.:)

And most who haven't read the whole thread probably wouldn't know that stonemonkey is or was also a lotus owner(the maker of the cloud/EVO if you didn't know) so that's gotta tell ya something ;-)

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Here's another Lotus video for your enjoyment.
This thing has had me medicated to the point I felt like a teenager again smoking for the very first time.:razz:
Having to much fun with this Lotus, I tried a bowl of abv with a drop of vape reclaim to see how wax or concentrates would fair up. The lotus surpassed my expectations with oils , that little drop on the abv gave me like 3 ridiculous hits plus one wispy one.
Next I'll try some wax on my fresh greens to see how that fairs up, and try to make a video of the vapor production.

natural farmer

Wow! Woke up and saw all those great pics and vids and posts… :o Time for some baking and chatting! :smug:

@BLAZING OG man! Welcome to the gang brother! :D At last, someone who shoots nice pics and vids… :cool: Unlike myself… :lol: Lotus is so beautiful it needs to be photographed a lot and used even more! :p Glad you are having so much fun! Great writing too! :tup: Pretty sure that after a few weeks with it you'll love it even more. :nod: The fun thing with great products imho is that the more you use them, the more you appreciate them and the best they serve their purpose. With average products you tend to lose interest after some time… With the Lotus, it's just getting better! :2c:

And thanks for the good words guys… I'm blushing… When @ataxian gets his, I'm pretty sure he'll become the next ambassador around here. He also loves to talk about things he love and it's easy enough to fall in love with the Lotus! :D

This thing has had me medicated to the point I felt like a teenager again smoking for the very first time.:razz:

Yeap… It does that! :ko: :smug:

To my total shock, the Lotus has replaced the Solo as my daily driver.

I wouldn't be surprised it it replaced most of the current vapes as a daily driver for people! ;) This is the one vape that has all the potential to rule them all! My precious… :love: To me, there is no direct competition in the portable market right now! Only the Firefly gives some promises for instant, on demand, high-heat hits and with good portability but it's still not for sale… I would only compare it with desktop vapes in performance but I haven't got much experience with them. I would love some input here from desktop vape users as I don't think my lifestyle will ever allow me to have a desktop line-up… :p

:cheers:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Wow! Woke up and saw all those great pics and vids and posts… :o Time for some baking and chatting! :smug:

@BLAZING OG man! Welcome to the gang brother! :D At last, someone who shoots nice pics and vids… :cool: Unlike myself… :lol: Lotus is so beautiful it needs to be photographed a lot and used even more! :p Glad you are having so much fun! Great writing too! :tup: Pretty sure that after a few weeks with it you'll love it even more. :nod: The fun thing with great products imho is that the more you use them, the more you appreciate them and the best they serve their purpose. With average products you tend to lose interest after some time… With the Lotus, it's just getting better! :2c:

And thanks for the good words guys… I'm blushing… When @ataxian gets his, I'm pretty sure he'll become the next ambassador around here. He also loves to talk about things he love and it's easy enough to fall in love with the Lotus! :D

Yeap… It does that! :ko: :smug:

I wouldn't be surprised it it replaced most of the current vapes as a daily driver for people! ;) This is the one vape that has all the potential to rule them all! My precious… :love: To me, there is no direct competition in the portable market right now! Only the Firefly gives some promises for instant, on demand, high-heat hits and with good portability but it's still not for sale… I would only compare it with desktop vapes in performance but I haven't got much experience with them. I would love some input here from desktop vape users as I don't think my lifestyle will ever allow me to have a desktop line-up… :p

:cheers:
Thanks for the kinds words, my pics are not pro but I hope to help show the beauty of the lotus from my cell phone lol lol
Very exciting , I have had a few desktop vapes not worth mentioning , tried VB Box and a few others. I finally picked up an herbalaire 2.1 (sold) a while back loved it but it didnt pack that punch I needed.
The lotus packs that punch I need, so I am ecstatic to add it t the small but growing arsenal.
something about lighting it up and acting as if iam about to combust is so relaxing lol lol
I have to agree that you sparked my interest in this little vape, so I have to thank you and all the awesome people who posted, videos & or pics or reviewed the lotus.
Thanks
Even if I have a battery powered Portable vape with me , my lotus a jet torch & a can of tane are never leaving my side!!!
My way of saying thank you and maybe helping someone doubting the power of the lotus, I hope to help them form there decision in buying the lotus or not.
Lotus for sure can produce nicely , I can imagine sitting next to a camp fire hitting the lotus , roasting marshmallows.:spliff::popcorn::mmmm:

Uploading another video, the Lotus and a tiny wax dab.
Turn speakers down, it might get loud in here:rant:

here you go!!!
Enjoy

Last edited:

natural farmer

Thanks for the kinds words, my pics are not pro but I hope to help show the beauty of the lotus from my cell phone lol lol
Very exciting , I have had a few desktop vapes not worth mentioning , tried VB Box and a few others. I finally picked up an herbalaire 2.1 (sold) a while back loved it but it didnt pack that punch I needed.
The lotus packs that punch I need, so I am ecstatic to add it t the small but growing arsenal.
something about lighting it up and acting as if iam about to combust is so relaxing lol lol
I have to agree that you sparked my interest in this little vape, so I have to thank you and all the awesome people who posted, videos & or pics or reviewed the lotus.
Thanks
Even if I have a battery powered Portable vape with me , my lotus a jet torch & a can of tane are never leaving my side!!!
My way of saying thank you and maybe helping someone doubting the power of the lotus, I hope to help them form there decision in buying the lotus or not.
Lotus for sure can produce nicely , I can imagine sitting next to a camp fire hitting the lotus , roasting marshmallows.:spliff::popcorn::mmmm:

Always thinking about getting a big hitting desktop vape… Clouds, Subs, LSVs, SSVs are constantly messing with my thoughts… I always end up with the same conclusions after some minutes of thinking though…

I can't imagine myself anymore been locked next to a power outlet so I can enjoy my herbs! I need to be able to grab my vaporizer and go stand by that window or in bed or in the kitchen or the garden or anywhere I feel like enjoying it. Freedom from the plug inevitably leeds someone to portable vaporizers!
I have also come to the conclusion that I don't get better results by using more herb/inhaling more vapor/using a big hitting vaporizer... I can easily imitate a big hitting vape with a vapor lung and the Solo or the Pod. Those hits are easily compared with anything I have seen in videos from Subs and clouds especially with vapor lungs made from over 1,5lt bottles. They are mind boggling, eye watering, lung busting hits and from time to time they sure are a treat for the senses! :ko: They do tend to raise tolerance though, give the throat some hard time, the whole house smells a lot more and of course the use of herb skyrockets…
Not to mention that after some time water filtration becomes necessary and the whole vaporizing thing becomes so much more complicated than it should be. All this cleaning of glass, charging of the vapes, preheating etc etc drives me crazy nowadays. It's perfectly understandable why many people find vaporizing bothersome. It should be as easy as lighting a joint or a pipe….

Or a Lotus… By a campfire…. :smug:

EDIT: Oh and those hits from your first vid… Oh man! How is your tolerance? :o :p

dsal1

If I were to buy one now , would it come with all the latest improvements, larger bowl, new water attachment, ect.

TIA

If I were to buy one now , would it come with all the latest improvements, larger bowl, new water attachment, ect.

TIA
Depends where you order it from. But if your asking about directly through Mendocino therapeutics then yes it will be the latest model.

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am still fine tuning my lotus experiences. The only real curve ball I keep running into is volume of the glass I am putting it on, changes how much air flow is needed to get constantly thick vapor. Some of my pieces require a light pull and some heavier draw seems to work better. I didn't expect there to be such variation in performance. I also found this true with my different J hooks. Makes sense though, air flow is a big part of what makes the magic happen. I love the lotus, its been a great addition to the family, and gets daily use.

Top Bottom