The Lotus Vaporizer

vapatizon

Thinking of getting this vape, but want to cheat and skip the 37 pages? :uhh:

The guys and I talked to @Max Jitter last week to talk about the Lotus. Have a listen if you'd like to hear about the evolution of this vaporizer and some insight on a potential "future" project. Thanks again Max for your time and joining us on the show. Also, for being such a good sport in my crazy service emails ;) I'm such a finicky customer.

Link to the Podcast: http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/vapor-review-podcast-episode-7-lotus-qa/

Anyone able to provide a text summary of the podcast? Thanks in advance.

vapatizon,

Qbit

cannabanana
I have been wondering that also.. I have been wondering if any one has tried any oil on some cotton yet?? You would just have to be a little careful.. If any one has some oil, and or any other extracts to test, a video would be sweet.
:science: :rockon:

Be very careful about the cotton wool you use, as some contains polymer fibers in the mix - very bad news.

natural farmer

Be very careful about the cotton wool you use, as some contains polymer fibers in the mix - very bad news.
So when it says 100% on the cotton package, maybe we should be cautious?

By the way, great podcast @S1N3! It was nice to hear the voice of the mind behind the Lotus! He sounds simple, like his creation... I like simple things! :D Good points on the screens as well as the concentrates! :nod:

axakal

Thinking of getting this vape, but want to cheat and skip the 37 pages? :uhh:

The guys and I talked to @Max Jitter last week to talk about the Lotus.

Link to the Podcast: http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/vapor-review-podcast-episode-7-lotus-qa/

nice to know, the blog is run by a fellow fc-member. :) i accidently stepped across your blog, while i was researching the vapor bros bubbler and you brought the zenpen to my attention. keep up the good work.

on the topic. i was watching this vapor for quite a while as a lighter powered alternative to my mflb. it was really quiet in these parts for most of the time, but since v2 the lotus seems to enjoy some wave of popularity.

so, i am on the fence between this beauty and the vapman.
how does the lotus perform in the open? my only experience outside is with the vaponic and even though i had a good torch lighter i had some trouble with the flame.

i own a 250 ml bent neck ehle. how firm does the lotus and the wpa sit in the joint of the bong?

axakal,
Reactions: S1N3

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Nope, scratch that, spoke too soon. Got high and took a solid look at it. Rubs up against the lip ever so softly. Seal isn't perfect. I am a very, very sad panda. :~(

I have an adapter like that too and it works okay with my Lotus. The stir stick does lightly interfere with the adapter, but it still functions 100%. The WPA can be slightly loose in the water tool joint and still seal because of the o-rings.

However, I wouldn't recommend the use of a low-pro 14mm to 18mm converter with the Lotus. Use a full height 14f to 18m instead (or 14f to 18f for oil rigs), and then not only do you not have stir stick issues, you can also easily lift and clear the Lotus now as the taller adapter provides you a convenient, non-scaldingly-hot place to pick up both the WPA and vapor cap together. The low-pros are too short for this and also more fiddly to remove.

Of course, if the WPA had a handle of its own, it wouldn't matter what adapter you used; you could clear it easily either way.

ollent

I have an adapter like that too and it works okay with my Lotus. The stir stick does lightly interfere with the adapter, but it still functions 100%. The WPA can be slightly loose in the water tool joint and still seal because of the o-rings.

However, I wouldn't recommend the use of a low-pro 14mm to 18mm converter with the Lotus. Use a full height 14f to 18m instead (or 14f to 18f for oil rigs), and then not only do you not have stir stick issues, you can also easily lift and clear the Lotus now as the taller adapter provides you a convenient, non-scaldingly-hot place to pick up both the WPA and vapor cap together. The low-pros are too short for this and also more fiddly to remove.

Of course, if the WPA had a handle of its own, it wouldn't matter what adapter you used; you could clear it easily either way.
Do you have a link where I can purchase one of these parts? I've got 4 local headshops in the neighborhood and they give me this "wha?" look when I'm asking for adaptors. I just wish the stir-stick stuck out juuuuust a bit further, perhaps inline with the screw.

Ah well, J-hook's good enough, I guess. Maybe I'll just use this mini-bub for something else.

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
http://www.ioffer.com/selling/oregonglassblower

^^This guy (Mike) should have everything you need and if not shoot him an email and he'll make whatever you want to your specs. Good prices too! :2c:

Literally forgot to hit send, damn meeting distracted me

I agree, this is where I bought my adapter (pictured below) http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/pro..._14_14_made_in_oregon_15/handmade/accessories

Here is is:
hcpSOVN.jpg

filteredhead

I really enjoy the Lotus vaporizer and use it often. The modified 18mm glass wpa has been holding up and working well.
Hacked a 18mm GonG/glass water pipe adapter since the new wpa was not released yet and most of my glass pieces at home have 18mm female joints (and preferred to avoid using an extra 14/18 reducer and clip). I ended up modifying (shortening) the 14mm end of a 14male/18male glass adapter to serve as a herb chamber that fits into the Lotus vapor cap and mates with glass 18mm joints. The glass adapter i modified looked like this:
$(KGrHqF,!k8FC4G!6+M8BQyfi8Rvww~~60_57.JPG

The picture below shows the modified adapter, where the 14mm male joint was shortened (dremel cut wheel and torch fire polish) and a small steel screen fitted inside the joint to create a makeshift herb chamber/bowl:
F4mMlUS.jpg

lWVMixt.jpg

The 14/18 male adapter I modified came from a LHS and provides enough clearance for the stir stick in Lotus v2 vapor cap. Note that the 14/18 male adapter from Mariposas2 (ebay seller) was lower in price, and is taller (longer) providing more clearance for the stir stick.

I posted a few videos of the Lotus and 18mm glass wpa used with j-hook and mini-bubbler in posts 606 an 608 of this thread in case anyone wants to check out any of them.

filteredhead,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
You can carefully bend the stir stick without breaking the vapor cap or stir stick.

You could insert the stick perpendicular to the wood surface it penetrates, instead of pointing "straight down", so to speak. That'd cock it out slightly and accomplish the same without having to bend it, but it'd be easier to stir with than a bent stick.

So I got my Lotus just the other day :) Got it down on the first bowl. I really don't think you can combust with this? lol I have tried ;) Here is a little how to. I"ll get a vid with some real clouds very soon

EDIT: the vid is taking awhile to load. So I'll just edit it when its ready :)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I got my Lotus just the other day :) Got it down on the first bowl. I really don't think you can combust with this? lol I have tried ;)

Well, I just got home from an afternoon hike, and while waiting for my plug in vape to warm up, I decided to hit the lotus, and must be tired because I let it get too hot and next thing I know I've got a cherry lit. It is possible, but you have to be hitting it pretty heavy with the torch flame to achieve it. Now I get to go clean my glass...:rolleyes:

natural farmer

simple....SIMPLE!:rant::goon:I've been called many things but not that (to my face).
Ohhh... So sorry @Max Jitter !!! I am sure you know what I meant though... :p More like straight forward and not complicating things but I still can't find the right words... Well simple means simple in Greek so when I say simple it's super positive if you like simple things in life.! Won't use it again for a person though, promise! :)
You know you are one of my engineering heroes, don't you? Up there with sir Jonathan Ive and the Lotus surpasses his creations by far in my book!!!

Sneech

So @Max Jitter , when do you think the new WPAs will be ready to order? I'm still waiting for the j hooks to come back in stock to get the water pipe kit, but if there is going to be a better WPA coming out soon, I could just wait for that.

Sneech,

ollent

Anyone have a torch they really like to use with their lotus? Figure that's the last upgrade I've got to make. @VapeNStone - does that larger torch work pretty well? Headshop has tons of those.

ollent,
Reactions: Roger D

natural farmer

So high and so bummed right now...

I was cleaning my pipe and I accidentally dropped it from like 10cm high into the WC basin... Now the vapor cap doesn't go in... :( The round SS bowl is not so round anymore I guess... :rolleyes: I tried some light pressure to the sides that stick but I can't get it perfect any more... God knows when I might be able to afford another pipe. :doh: @Max Jitter , you need to make this part a little thicker... Not nice that it can't withstand a small drop... :\ Back to the Solo for portability... :(

natural farmer,
Top Bottom