The Lotus Vaporizer

natural farmer

Drill and tap a small hole in the side of that fat metal lip that runs around the WPA (just under the part of the bowl that's covered by the vapor cap), then use that to attach a handle to the WPA (just a bit of steel rod, maybe with some grip knurled on the end). Now you can use the handle to clear it one-handed, lifting off the WPA and vapor cap together without risk of being burned. No worries about using the stir stick either, as this way you only need weak magnets to keep the cap on when you put the WPA down, and arguably don't even need the magnets at all (though they'd be nice to have, to prevent spills or dropped caps when handling).

Plus, if anyone doesn't like the handle, they just unscrew it.

Like the handle of the Sublimator maybe, but removable with a screw or two! Great idea if doable!

EDIT: Sooo, @GSH... How do you find the PNP compared to the Lotus?

Last edited:
natural farmer,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
EDIT: Sooo, @GSH... How do you find the PNP compared to the Lotus?
The Lotus wins the heavy hitter award...the PNP wins the stealth award.

I do feel a little like I am hitting a crack pipe with the Lotus, but the PNP feels like I am sucking on a nose hair trimmer!

Used all three of the PNP, Solo and Lotus last night and was high for hours.

natural farmer

I do feel a little like I am hitting a crack pipe with the Lotus, but the PNP feels like I am sucking on a nose hair trimmer!

How is it taste-wise? Smoother, harsher vapor when dry hitting?

I was pretty sure the Lotus hit harder (it is the hardest hitting vape I owned so far after all) and I know those crack users are hurting our image a lot... :lol:

Stealthy for the Lotus, of course, means you get somewhere private fast (WC?) have a couple of lung busting hits in a mater of 20-30 secs, have a piss and off you go! :D
I have owned the stealthiest vapes and I never felt comfortable in using them when among people... I always had to answer questions about the smell etc... :disgust: I always had to keep my distances no matter how small my vaporizer was.
When I had the MFLB, I even vaped while waiting for a plane in Paris with French cops in sight but I had sooo much stress, I can't say I enjoyed it much! I wish I had a Lotus with me and hit the toilet every couple of hours... Much stealthier! :nod: Even with my INH or my Solo in a cup/shaker, I had people asking me what I suck on and what's that smell... In a coffee shop! Stealth my ass when people around you are nosy... :p

I would like to get a PNP eventually though, for those super windy situations as long as it has something more to give than my Solo... Does it?

natural farmer,
Reactions: vapatizon

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Like the handle of the Sublimator maybe, but removable with a screw or two! Great idea if doable!

You're thinking too big. I mean like the little handles you get on bowls/slides(/and even domes, sometimes), since the Lotus cap + WPA is about the same size as a bowl. Something more like the handle on this glass slide, or this one. Although, being steel, the handle for the Lotus could be a lot thinner (and have grip!). I'm thinking something about an inch long and less than a 1/4" in diameter at the widest point.

It doesn't attach with screws, the end of the rod itself is threaded, and the rod itself screws directly into a single hole on the rim of the WPA base. It can be easily installed/uninstalled just by sticking the threaded bit in the WPA hole and then twirling the handle in your fingers the correct direction to screw in or out.

Last edited:

natural farmer

You're thinking too big. I mean like the little handles you get on bowls/slides(/and even domes, sometimes), since the Lotus cap + WPA is about the same size as a bowl. Something more like the handle on this glass slide, or this one. Although, being steel, the handle for the Lotus could be a lot thinner (and have grip!). I'm thinking something about an inch long and less than a 1/4" in diameter at the widest point.

It doesn't attach with screws, the end of the rod itself is threaded, and the rod itself screws directly into a single hole on the rim of the WPA base. It can be easily installed/uninstalled just by sticking the threaded bit in the WPA hole and twirling it in your fingers the correct direction to screw in or out.

Well, I wasn't thinking size, more like the design so it has a nice grip... :)

natural farmer,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Well, I wasn't thinking size, more like the design so it has a nice grip... :)

I think as compact as possible while still being easy to use would be best, for storage/portability factors, so that's what I'm picturing for the stock handle included with a potential new WPA. There's no reason they couldn't offer a variety of alternative shapes and sizes of handles as optional accessories, though, since they just screw into a single hole on the WPA base...

Also, a short, straight-rod handle will be the cheapest design option by far, and have the least influence on the price of the WPA. You just need a bit of the WPA that doesn't get hot that you can easily grab with thumb and forefinger to lift the Lotus+WPA for a clear, and a basic handle accomplishes this.

Last edited:

natural farmer

Busted out my Ehle tube and the Hot Pod for an A-B comparison with the Lotus/WA before 15 mins or so...

I used the Hot Pod first at full 15V! I got 3 nice hits as always with great taste to the end. First two were thicker and tastier and third one was not bad but you know, less. I used relatively fast draw cause at 15V the Pod can scorch the load quite a bit if the airflow is slow and taste suffers. All terpenes are blasted away in an instant!

I then packed the Lotus by packing the same Pod bowl as before and then blowing it straight in the Lotus WA so I get equal loads. I had a good 5/8" flame, 2sec pre-heat and boom!
Much thicker hits and what I didn't expect! Faster ones. From drawing to white-walling my 250 Ehle in less than a sec. With fast draws (faster than the Pod) I got 4 hits from the same load, all of them thicker than the Pod's and with the same great taste, except the last one were I slightly overdid it and got some foul flavor at the end but not too bad.

The power is just there! In a 5/8" flame from a 2$ torch! I am amazed by the results! :clap:
I wish I had a good camera to show it... :(

I believe the Lotus is more on par with the Hi there. The Hi can keep with a faster draw a bit better than the Pod due to the SS heat core vs Pod's glass one. I bet the Lotus is faster than the Hi though as well... ;)
The Hot Pod is my favorite plug-in! Easy, safe, fast, hot, tasty, sustainable, super easy to clean and maintain, simple, beautiful, small... :luv: It will always be close to me as long as I have power! :)

The Lotus is just... Better at everything! :nod: Except noise maybe (from the torch)... :p Especially when dry hitting, the Lotus wins hands down! Bigger, smoother hits and less throat irritation! Period!

PS. Heat control is also easier with fast draws for the Lotus/WA. Less chance for scorching and the flame tip can be pretty much anywhere, no need for much attention! :tup:

Sneech

Is the lotus really that anti stealthy? To me it just looks like a cool glass sherlock device when used with the j hook. And sherlock always has crazy gadgets. Nobody questions Sherlock.

I was planning on using the lotus in my town park and while walking the dogs and stuff.

How much does is smell when you vape?

If an officer ever would approach me about it I planned on just saying its similar to an e cigarette and then open it and show him the light brown color of the "tobacco".

Sneech,

GSH

On a Möbius plane
How is it taste-wise? Smoother, harsher vapor when dry hitting?

I was pretty sure the Lotus hit harder (it is the hardest hitting vape I owned so far after all) and I know those crack users are hurting our image a lot... :lol:

Stealthy for the Lotus, of course, means you get somewhere private fast (WC?) have a couple of lung busting hits in a mater of 20-30 secs, have a piss and off you go! :D
I have owned the stealthiest vapes and I never felt comfortable in using them when among people... I always had to answer questions about the smell etc... :disgust: I always had to keep my distances no matter how small my vaporizer was.
When I had the MFLB, I even vaped while waiting for a plane in Paris with French cops in sight but I had sooo much stress, I can't say I enjoyed it much! I wish I had a Lotus with me and hit the toilet every couple of hours... Much stealthier! :nod: Even with my INH or my Solo in a cup/shaker, I had people asking me what I suck on and what's that smell... In a coffee shop! Stealth my ass when people around you are nosy... :p

I would like to get a PNP eventually though, for those super windy situations as long as it has something more to give than my Solo... Does it?
Well in answer to your first question, it is much harsher in my opinion, I think this is due to the very short vapor path, from the chamber to the mouthpiece. It isn't harsher as such, more irritable on the back of my throat. Makes a bit of a gag reflex sometimes...

I haven't used the Lotus in a WC situation yet, but can see that being an easy quick fix. In fact, I might try that over the coming week or so, and see how I get on :)

The Pinnacle Pro,is a device that will get people up close asking questions for sure, although I reckon it is suitably sized that it passes as an E-cig mod, but the smell is there on the higher settings, I can smell herb it when it is warming up.

As for whether it adds anything the Solo doesn't? Well ease of portability for one. No glass to worry about and just put the unit in your pocket and off you go. Taste is a bit bland after the first few hits, but it gets me proper blitzed, more so it seems than the Solo on similar heat settings...my eyes are super red right now :smug:

Now I have one, I wouldn't be without it. But the Solo wins hands down as a flavour saver. The Lotus on the other hand is in a league of its own IMO. It delivers exactly what you want by control of the flame and there is something very personal about that. I love milking up my bubblers with it and use it more like that than with the pipe stem.

The Solo is getting used around the house and the Lotus on the desk with the bubblers and the PNP on the go. They all have their place :D

natural farmer

Thanks for that @GSH! I am gonna recommend the PNP to friends who need something like that and I hope to give it a go soon myself...

Now... Anyone using hash in the Lotus? Not melty hash, the Moroccan types, the dry ones. Or kief? How do you do usually do it? I might be able to get some soon... :D

ollent

Thanks for that @GSH! I am gonna recommend the PNP to friends who need something like that and I hope to give it a go soon myself...

Now... Anyone using hash in the Lotus? Not melty hash, the Moroccan types, the dry ones. Or kief? How do you do usually do it? I might be able to get some soon... :D
I'd like to see an extract/wax attachment for this puppy like the MFLB has. I think the ability to apply a variation of heat levels would work well...just need a tray or something.

natural farmer

I'd like to see an extract/wax attachment for this puppy like the MFLB has. I think the ability to apply a variation of heat levels would work well...just need a tray or something.

What an interesting idea!!! I am beginning to envision a Lotus vapor cap which will be something like a Ti dome-less nail of some sort... You hit the hot plate with the torch, there are some holes around that, dab your load and suck! It shouldn't be chrome plated though... Ti or stainless I guess...
I wonder what @Max Jitter has to say about such a product... ;)

natural farmer,
Reactions: mlo4sho

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
.....Anyone using hash in the Lotus? Not melty hash, the Moroccan types, the dry ones. Or kief? How do you do usually do it? I might be able to get some soon... :D
I have been wondering that also.. I have been wondering if any one has tried any oil on some cotton yet?? You would just have to be a little careful.. If any one has some oil, and or any other extracts to test, a video would be sweet.
:science: :rockon:

Buildozer,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

natural farmer

I have been wondering that also.. I have been wondering if any one has tried any oil on some cotton yet?? You would just have to be a little careful.. If any one has some oil, and or any other extracts to test, a video would be sweet.
:science: :rockon:

I have tested oil and some home pressed hash... Oil on cotton works great and you get loads of clouds. :ko: With hash it was a mixed experience as it gave vapor but the hash was of terrible quality so I count it as not having done that yet... :lol:

natural farmer,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I have tested oil and some home pressed hash... Oil on cotton works great and you get loads of clouds. :ko: With hash it was a mixed experience as it gave vapor but the hash was of terrible quality so I count it as not having done that yet... :lol:
I figured oil would work just like that.. Keif seems like a no-brainer.. That would kick ass.. But w/ that pressed hash, to get the best results, I would imagine it would have to be pulverized or broken down pretty fine.. I'm sure if it was good enough quality, and fine enough, that it would work great as well.

Sneech

These ideas are looking pretty good! I like the handle in combination with the magnetic WPA! That should satisfy everyone and you can just unscrew the handle if u don't want it!

Globbs

A little late to the party but i made it. Absolutely love my lotus. Best vape i owned hands down. I haven't tried Moroccan hash, but i can tell you that kief and the lotus rock! I put a thin layer of herb down ( green screen) and then just drop some kief on top. This has produced some of the densest vapor yet. I highly recommend it to anyone with a lotus!

ollent

Finally got the 14mm to 18mm adapter I needed for this VB knock-off bubbler. Changed the draw considerably, so I'm back to the learning curve. Haven't scorched my second one yet, but definitely underscoring the need for a magnetic WPA for me.

Much softer than the J-hook. It's nice -- first time I've been able to "hydrate" a vape. I like the flexibility of the cap.

ollent,

Sneech

Finally got the 14mm to 18mm adapter I needed for this VB knock-off bubbler. Changed the draw considerably, so I'm back to the learning curve. Haven't scorched my second one yet, but definitely underscoring the need for a magnetic WPA for me.

Much softer than the J-hook. It's nice -- first time I've been able to "hydrate" a vape. I like the flexibility of the cap.

Haven't measured the connect on my zong yet but I may need to get a 14mm to 18mm adapter as well after my Lotus comes in. Where did you get yours? Is it nice and sleek? The stirring rod not in the way or anything?

Sneech,

ollent

Haven't measured the connect on my zong yet but I may need to get a 14mm to 18mm adapter as well after my Lotus comes in. Where did you get yours? Is it nice and sleek? The stirring rod not in the way or anything?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXH5NJ0/ No affiliation, no ref link.

Nice and sleek, and no, note in the way. Adds roughly 2mm of height (you're basically adding another lip to your downstem). Stirring rod not in the way at all -- the hole is 14mm, but the joint is 18mm. I think those are the right words, anyhow. XD

ollent,
Reactions: Sneech

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Thinking of getting this vape, but want to cheat and skip the 37 pages? :uhh:

The guys and I talked to @Max Jitter last week to talk about the Lotus. Have a listen if you'd like to hear about the evolution of this vaporizer and some insight on a potential "future" project. Thanks again Max for your time and joining us on the show. Also, for being such a good sport in my crazy service emails ;) I'm such a finicky customer.

Link to the Podcast: http://www.vaporreviewblog.com/vapor-review-podcast-episode-7-lotus-qa/

Last edited:

ollent

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DXH5NJ0/ No affiliation, no ref link.

Nice and sleek, and no, note in the way. Adds roughly 2mm of height (you're basically adding another lip to your downstem). Stirring rod not in the way at all -- the hole is 14mm, but the joint is 18mm. I think those are the right words, anyhow. XD
Nope, scratch that, spoke too soon. Got high and took a solid look at it. Rubs up against the lip ever so softly. Seal isn't perfect. I am a very, very sad panda. :~(

ollent,
Top Bottom