The Lotus Vaporizer

ollent

Ah, then sure, huge clouds. :)

I put this at about a 7 on a 1-10, a box at about an 8 (only due to larger holding capacity). Volcano's probably my 10, with an MFLB (no power adaptor) at a 4-5, and whatever nonsense you just showed me at about a 3. ;)

ollent,

natural farmer

Ah, then sure, huge clouds. :)

I put this at about a 7 on a 1-10, a box at about an 8 (only due to larger holding capacity). Volcano's probably my 10, with an MFLB (no power adaptor) at a 4-5, and whatever nonsense you just showed me at about a 3. ;)

That's why I stopped shooting vids recently... :dog:
Crapy phone camera won't show anything of what I see! :lol: They were huge hits however. One hit and I was set! My throat paid the price then... I get equal hits with the Lotus but in a shorter time.;)

natural farmer,

Sneech

Hey users of the Lotus! Looking to get my first portable vape. Have my EQ here for home use for about 2 years now and is still going strong, now just looking to expanding my vape time to when I'm not home as well. I was looking at a variety of portable vapes and after a few days of research, the Lotus and T-vape are the two that stuck out to me the most. Now I'm just trying to decide between the two, or maybe which one to get first ;)
Anyway did most of you purchase your lotus directly from the manufacturers website, or are there other resellers that are good too? Also, how often are you finding yourselves using the water pipe attachment if you got it, to vape out of your bongs?
Thanks!

Sneech,
Reactions: S1N3

vapatizon

I purchased my pipe kit directly from the manufacturer and got excellent customer service. There would have to be a very steep discount for me to buy from anywhere else. Not sure if Vaporstore et al. offer a warranty?

vapatizon,

natural farmer

I got it from the manufacturer's site as I find it's the only store having everything in stock...

I also find me not using the WA so much... The pipe's narrower vapor path makes it easier for me to control my rate of draw since it adds some more restriction compared to the WA... I also like to play with the pipe. Relieves stress as well. I like to hold it even when empty... Good industrial design does that to a product. It can become a fetish.
I used to hold the MFLB and turn it around between my fingers and Lotus is even more addictive.

natural farmer,
Reactions: axakal

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
@Max Jitter Thanks again for coming on the Podcast this past week. While doubledip is editing the audio I stumbled upon a solution (of sorts) for the person who asked about a more durable screen. To preface this image I havent fully ISO'd the WPA to see how this fits without oil.

But as you can see with my current reclaim this ceramic screen sits nicely in the WPA and performs well.

lBlVA0p.jpg

Vapodudule

Hey users of the Lotus! Looking to get my first portable vape. Have my EQ here for home use for about 2 years now and is still going strong, now just looking to expanding my vape time to when I'm not home as well. I was looking at a variety of portable vapes and after a few days of research, the Lotus and T-vape are the two that stuck out to me the most. Now I'm just trying to decide between the two, or maybe which one to get first ;)
Anyway did most of you purchase your lotus directly from the manufacturers website, or are there other resellers that are good too? Also, how often are you finding yourselves using the water pipe attachment if you got it, to vape out of your bongs?
Thanks!

Well T-Vapes has a strong rubber and industry taste, Lotus wins everyday Imo, do you need stealth?

And well done @S1N3 for the ceramic filter! wihich source and size?

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety

So last night you could see the WPA was quite unclean. This morning I cleaned it up a bit to answer some questions. It does push all the way through :\ but with a little bit of resin is stuck in there nicely. Since the hole under the ceramic filter was the same circumference throughout it is easy enough to push through with a chop stick.

Again there is no huge gaps around the ceramic filter, though if you push it down, it will slide out completely. The resistance I had with pushing down was entirely the vape oils and reclaim. I tapped on it, and it didnt come out easily. If you don't mind the WPA being a tad dirty the ceramic filter works quite well.

Note: If you look inside the WPA you will see a small lip. if anyone knows the dimensions for that and where to find a ceramic filter in those dimensions, it would not slip through.

As for the source I bought them here: http://www.ioffer.com/i/10x-high-quality-ceramic-screen-519114967 (Seller is greenbuddah, I know there is some contempt for this guy from Collie)

Size dimensions are: 8mm with 6 holes thickness : 2mm

Last edited:

Sneech

So I decided to get the glass J-hook kit. Right after I placed my order I realized I forgot to add the screens to my cart. $4 for shipping on a $2 pack of screens by itself is too much for me and there is no option to edit the order before it processes so I'm SOL on the screens for now.

Looking for butane now on amazon. The Colibri prem butane 3 x 90ml for 11.65 shipped doesn't seem to bad to me, where does everyone else get their butane from?

vapatizon

So I decided to get the glass J-hook kit. Right after I placed my order I realized I forgot to add the screens to my cart. $4 for shipping on a $2 pack of screens by itself is too much for me and there is no option to edit the order before it processes so I'm SOL on the screens for now.

If you're ordering from the manufacturer, just use the contact form. If it hasn't already shipped, maybe they can cancel it and you can redo it.

Looking for butane now on amazon. The Colibri prem butane 3 x 90ml for 11.65 shipped doesn't seem to bad to me, where does everyone else get their butane from?

Vector butane from Amazon and head shops.

vapatizon,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Since we arent making BHO I just checked out my local discount store (99 cent or Dollar Stores).

I came across this brand for $2.99 - I told the owner to keep it in stock for me and would eventually buy them all :)

ygIsrgr.jpg

On a funny note, I used the WPA -- mid interview with Max. I swear that noise is a water cooler in the background :uhoh:

Last edited:

Sneech

If you're ordering from the manufacturer, just use the contact form. If it hasn't already shipped, maybe they can cancel it and you can redo it.

Vector butane from Amazon and head shops.
I contacted them that way about 5 min after my order and have yet to hear back, hopefully it'll work out.

Also I just found a pretty good deal on some generic brand 5x butane on amazon. 12 pack of 300ml for $33 shipped (in USA) right here. At 2.75 a can that seems pretty good to me. Reviews also indicate that the butane is of high quality.

Last edited:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
If magnets magically appeared on your WPA, would you want them just strong enough that the vapor cap wouldn't fall off the WPA when it's tilted sideways, or would you want them strong enough that you could lift the WPA out of the glass downstem? If the magnets were the latter, it would take 2 hands to use the stir stick, one to hold the WPA, one to lift the vapor cap.

Last edited:

Sneech

Oh my I would LOVE magnets on my WPA! In my opinion I would like them to be just strong enough where it won't come off if inverted. I just feel as though I will be removing the cap more often to stir than I will be pulling the WPA to clear. Although it would be interesting to test both out!

I just ordered the glass pipe kit last night too ;)

::Applies for Beta testing::

Sneech,
Reactions: S1N3

Hoops

I don't own one...yet, but I would imagine a single handed clear and a two handed stir.

Hoops,

Vapodudule

The one hand solution is just not safe to me, second option then, to clear the glass piece in one move, not two actually.

If you put a magnet so be it strong to operate in one piece.

Vapodudule,

natural farmer

I like the fact that the WA had no magnets... It is easy to lift the vapor cap and stir with one hand while holding the bong to the other. No need to clear imo. You just suck for a couple more seconds and you clear as the load cools down... Maybe have a version with magnets and a version without if it's not very costly.

I would also love a screw that doesn't rattle... I might find something suitable in the hardware store of course... :p

ollent

If magnets magically appeared on your WPA, would you want them just strong enough that the vapor cap wouldn't fall off the WPA when it's tilted sideways, or would you want them strong enough that you could lift the WPA out of the glass downstem? If the magnets were the latter, it would take 2 hands to use the stir stick, one to hold the WPA, one to lift the vapor cap.
YES PLEASE MAKE THESE MAGICALLY APPEAR ON MY WPA

Sorry. It's been a bit of a pet peeve with the "ritual". I like clearing the carb, whether it be on the J hook or the future use of my bubbler (c'mon adapter...hurry up). I'd prefer two-hand stir, one-hand clear, please.

ollent,

Sneech

So my order got canceled because they got a bad batch of J hooks in and it'll take about 2 weeks for them to restock. Hopefully these new J hooks will be awesome! Its going to be tough waiting an extra 2 weeks but maybe I'll see some magnets on my WPA by that time! :tup:

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Well shit. I was just going to order the j hook setup when I read all of this and now I see that I might have to hold off on my order. I would love to have the set of strong magnets on the WPA. Do most people prefer using the WPA vs the standard pipe? And is their any big difference between the short and long stem on the standard?

NinjaMindTriks,

Anonymouse

Sith I care

Drill and tap a small hole in the side of that fat metal lip that runs around the WPA (just under the part of the bowl that's covered by the vapor cap), then use that to attach a handle to the WPA (just a bit of steel rod, maybe with some grip knurled on the end). Now you can use the handle to clear it one-handed, lifting off the WPA and vapor cap together without risk of being burned. No worries about using the stir stick either, as this way you only need weak magnets to keep the cap on when you put the WPA down, and arguably don't even need the magnets at all (though they'd be nice to have, to prevent spills or dropped caps when handling).

Plus, if anyone doesn't like the handle, they just unscrew it.

Top Bottom