The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wouldn't say it "hits just as well". I'm actually getting far more impressive clouds from the Lotus than I do from the nano. But of course the nano has adjustable temperature, so I suspect it's possible there as well; I just like the slow experience at 6.5 with a dry stem.

On the other hand, flavor is not quite as good on the Lotus IMO (but the Lotus is still very good, and I love how effectively the stem cools the vapor as well), and once you have the nano at optimal temperature (could take 20+ minutes), it's just about as easy to use as a vape could be. It's also super-easy and intuitive to load--just suck herb into the stem or GonG, then perhaps tamp it down (unlike with the Lotus) when you have enough in there. Also, I tried the Lotus's WPA tonight, and I prefer the E-nano through water too; it's just so elegant and simple. I pretty much find a log on a D020-D or similar bubbler to be about as good as you can get for vaping through water, but even on a standard tube setup, I prefer the E-nano. My opinions about the WPA probably have a lot to do with me never having been much of a bong smoker though. I never turned down a bong, but I always preferred a regular bowl.

Incidentally, this is my first evening without turning on the nano in probably 6 weeks. I wanted to see how I do with just the Lotus. Honestly, I'm vaping more on it than with the E-nano (almost a bowl an hour, which is a lot for me), but that's probably the novelty factor and just how much fun I'm having using this thing. I imagine that will wear off, and then I will just treat it as another (excellent) tool in the arsenal.
I have the original LOTUS and use it from time to time.
For me it's like smoking a JOINT however healthier!

The NANO is a different device!

I use these among many others.

colgorkan

Some of us have had good luck with the vapman lighter. They are similar in use to the standard Honest lighter but higher capacity and have a solid, well-built feel about them that other cheapo alternatives lack. They run about $15 iirc and come with a little leather pouch if you are into such things. Of the four I've owned, only one has failed (4 miles out on a 10 mile out-and-back trail run, fuck) and one has gone awol.

I also enjoy using a larger, hardware store alternative that includes a "lock on/off" switch when at home.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Some of us have had good luck with the vapman lighter. They are similar in use to the standard Honest lighter but higher capacity and have a solid, well-built feel about them that other cheapo alternatives lack. They run about $15 iirc and come with a little leather pouch if you are into such things. Of the four I've owned, only one has failed (4 miles out on a 10 mile out-and-back trail run, fuck) and one has gone awol.

I also enjoy using a larger, hardware store alternative that includes a "lock on/off" switch when at home.
I had a ligther for VAPMAN that totally died!

The best lighter for the money was a cheap low budget model for $9.99 including delivery.

Since I got this torch my LOTUS sessions are insane!

As in good!

Eyedunno

I have the original LOTUS and use it from time to time.
For me it's like smoking a JOINT however healthier!
Have you seen the Vapcap? To me, that looks like the ultimate vapor joint. I was always a pipe guy, and furthermore, by myself I actually preferred my metal pipe with a whistler cap that gave me better efficiency (or so I convinced myself). Both the E-nano and the Lotus satisfy that in different ways (which, say, S&B products don't really).

I will say, there are a few things that bug me about the Lotus:

1) How easy it is to get tons of herb up in the cap. It doesn't seem to get heated much up there, and some of it even comes out green at the end of a session, but it's not like I'm turning it upside down or even sideways that I'm aware of (though I am certainly open to the notion that I might be doing it without catching myself), and it's on the desk when not in use. Taking a very hard hit will pull most of it back down, but it's still annoying.
2) Uneven vaping. Yeah, that's why there's a stir tool, but I suspect it may have a role in my tendency to want to vape my material darker than I otherwise would.
3) The screen can pop out if you blow out your ABV. This happened to me tonight, and I consider it the absolute worst thing about this vape. :)

Any chance you could post a picture (even a picture of the same or a similar unit) or specific make and model? I'm interested in one day getting a larger lighter.

Eyedunno,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

colgorkan

Google image "butane micro torch" for an idea.

I also install a fine screen in all my caps to keep the fuzz from getting all up in there. They are a bit fiddly to get just right but once you figure it out, problem solved.

edit: pic link

hpOkl9O.jpg

Eyedunno

I also install a fine screen in all my caps to keep the fuzz from getting all up in there. They are a bit fiddly to get just right but once you figure it out, problem solved.
Oh man, okay, gonna have to try this. :)

I posted this in the lily thread a bit ago but I use/have used all of these with my lotus...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/lily-vaporizer-by-triihouse.17190/page-44#post-851341
Awesome! Hey, what's the torch next to the Irodo PT-200? I think something like that is what I eventually want.

Eyedunno

Last edited:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I'd say that the fluid that you use matters as well. Nickel is pretty hard to get damaged except if you're using a pretty good damn torch or you burn any of the wooden parts :p

voodoo_vape,

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
thanks dude :) just made this today too
Q5jij61.jpg

Perfectly set taper, top and bottom O-ring fully sealed, less than a MM of gap from the top of the joint to the bottom of the adapter....aqua lipwrap straight and crispy as well :)
5LVHGMX.jpg

XBRfH1o.jpg

extra heavy wall. you can drop this. i also made this on some LSD so im set in the future to get these cleaner :)

If I may ask @Xchadb how much would I be looking for such a beauty more or less?
It's what's been missing from my lotus equipment. And I'm very seriously thinking of getting me a nice present for xmas/new yrs!!!

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Just bought a lily and decided to give the lotus a go, hasn't been used for a while
Got really nice clouds etc lasted ages for amount I put in, got really high
Then I noticed, and remembered, that I had lost the scew in the aluminium stem and was drawing with it wide open
I covered and it was restricted draw and not as good
Without the screw there was no restriction and really large clouds

Eyedunno

Well, yeah there's gonna be less restriction, but most of the airflow is going straight through your stem and not through your herbs. :p I've thought about keeping the screw out and using it as a carb hole, but rejected that idea (though I tried it once) because you can clear the pipe AND cool down the cap some just by removing your torch and drawing normally.

Eyedunno,

peterpiper

(peter-ex-piper)
Yeah I know there's obviously less restriction
My point is I'm getting bigger clouds with it uncovered and no restriction
Just seems odd that I'm getting better results even though most of the air going straight through

peterpiper,

colgorkan

My guess is that previously you were drawing too fast on the device and not maintaining the consistent temperature within the bowl required to maximize the quantity and quality of vapor. With the open carb a smaller amount of consistently hotter air is coming through the cap and payload, producing more and better quality vapor, partially offsetting the effects of dilution.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
So I decided to change my lotus plate after around a year of use. I must admit that my poor lotus cap has been a little bit tortured in the very beginning due to lack of experience and to improper use under different drug effects and conditions at certain times :p

And here is what the interior looked like!!!
118.jpg

I must say that the look of the black burned-ish colour did disappoint me a bit, but the existence of pure thc crystals on the very 1st layer on top of the screen that you can see, did make me feel better. You can see that it is not burnt at all there. Do I need to worry about this at all or is it something that normally happens if you do burn it the wrong way for some time?
For example at the beginning I thought that you have to burn all around the actual plate inside the flower and not only in the middle of it. Maybe this is the reason of all this burnt stuff. You may also notice that the cap has been burned on two spots outside the "circle" of the plate, which happened when I was in a state that I could not calculate distances properly :p and I had to see some smoke coming off the wooden part of the cap to realize that something goes wrong.. :p :(

This is how it looked like with only the top plate:
119.jpg

And this is how my top flower plate was and I decided to change it, and I haven't regretted it!! It was slightly broken as well and you could see the flame hitting the small hole.
A new whole chapter of vaping began!! :D And of course with much more cautiousness and care to my precious Lotus Vaporizer!! :)
120.jpg

Unfortunately there has been some distortion from imageshare for reducing the size.

Other than that, I have to say that Lotus is an excellent surgical-portable vaporizer that the more you get to know it, the more it has to give to your buzz...

Eyedunno

I scorched the wood on the outside at some point in the first few times I used it. It's not black, just a bit darker, but it was a little bit of a bummer. I never touched flame to wood, but apparently getting it anywhere close is enough. That was how I learned you shouldn't light the flame until you already have the lighter in position.

Part of me wonders if an all-metal cap--perhaps aluminum with heat fins around the edge--might be an improvement.

Eyedunno,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, that does look like a good fill tool. I have the Lotus scoop which I really like for that, but a longer handle like yours would be nice.

Haven't hit the Lotus in a while. Tonight will be the night... ;)

lazylathe

Almost there...
Finally part of the Lotus crowd!
Just received a Lotus, stem and WPA in a trade.

I think i need a better torch, the one that came with it does not like going vertical very much.

So far i am getting nice light clouds that taste amazing and hit like a hammer!
As soon as the vapor starts top flow i remove the heat... still to chicken of combusting!

I am getting about 3 hits per pinch and the ABV is just a light straw color.

This is one heck of a vape!!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Finally part of the Lotus crowd!
Just received a Lotus, stem and WPA in a trade.

I think i need a better torch, the one that came with it does not like going vertical very much.

So far i am getting nice light clouds that taste amazing and hit like a hammer!
As soon as the vapor starts top flow i remove the heat... still to chicken of combusting!

I am getting about 3 hits per pinch and the ABV is just a light straw color.

This is one heck of a vape!!
Glad to see you joined the Lotus crowd!
The Lotus will heat quicker with an angle closer to 45 degrees than 90. I recommend trying that, if the lighter still causes problems maybe try a quick purge. Just remember all you need is a small single flame jet lighter not a dab torch. Have fun, looking forward to your assessment!

Top Bottom