The Lotus Vaporizer

UnshavenFish

Why would the cap need replacing just from the discoloration of high heat? I thought that was no big deal.

It's not, it was more because it had a teeny tiny hole and would vape oneside of the bowl more than the other, and I think it must have been getting thin also as with the new plate it takes a little longer to get going.

The plate afaik won't last forever but higher temps will speed up the process.

Eyedunno

Still didn't get new fuel (long day at work again), but I used the Lotus again today with good results. Once I can get the damned lighter to behave, I'll really be golden.

btka

Hello,

I am currently in the market for a manual vaporizer to use with flower. I have owned two Lotuses in the past and really liked them, but I ended up giving up all my vaping equipment to a friend (long story) and thus it's been a while since I last used a Lotus.

The high-temp cap looks intriguing functionally and aesthetically, but I am also pretty fascinated with Triihouse's stuff (although they are currently relocating and their online shop is down :ugh:) as well as with the Vapman. All of these vapes seem to be of reputable build quality, are manual, and are mostly convection-based (please correct me if I'm wrong), so my only question is: Which one should I choose for the long haul? I can really only accommodate one into my budget at the moment. :\

Also if it is useful info the vape will mostly be used without water.

As always, FC, thank you for your help. :tup:

I would say the vapman is more conduction....

ronalicious

- snip -

I normally purge my torches after everyother fill to keep them running good, I use one of the adapters from the lid of the butane can to press the valve (the one you fill the torch with) in until you hear no gas escape (you might have to press the valve a couple times to completely empty)

Something else I do is while the torch is on turn the flame all the way up and back down again, I find doing this from time to time can help keep the flame steady while in use

Also the part that the flame comes out (the round bit with hole in the middle and smaller air holes around it) can get dirty and cause issues, for this I use a small flat screwdriver to scrape the surface then blast it with some compressed air.

So I purged and refilled the Zico, and took some compressed air to both the Zico and the Honest torches. The Honest torch is working better, so that's nice. The Zico, however, is still displaying the same behavior where the fuel hisses for a second on button press, then cuts out. Occasionally I'll see the blue spark of flame, but it ceases immediately.

I will probably try to purge the Zico again tonight, but was wondering if there's anything else I could do?

Thanks!

UnshavenFish

The Zico, however, is still displaying the same behavior where the fuel hisses for a second on button press, then cuts out. Occasionally I'll see the blue spark of flame, but it ceases immediately.

I will probably try to purge the Zico again tonight, but was wondering if there's anything else I could do?

Thanks!

This to me sounds like the gas/flame is either set too low or too high, have you tried adjusting it?

If you can hear gas when pressing the button on the zico try using your honest torch to spark it, if this works then the little metal spark wire might just need adjusted.

This was posted a little while back...

Does it barely produce any gas (barely hisses even when set to maximum output). My Zico T-38 had trouble igniting at first as well (I kept burping it hoping to help performance). Then I took my mini flathead screwdriver and twisted it one click past the + side (be careful to only go 1 click or 2 clicks max on any lighter, you do this to jump up to the next "setting" on the torch - it's a rarely mentioned hack for torch lighters - only used when they're DOA).

My Zico has been working perfectly since I twisted it past the + side one time (previously it was a POS which I almost threw away)

It's not something I've tried and I'm not sure if it will help but if nothing else works it could be worth a try, or try and contact the seller and see what they say.

Good luck :tup:

Eyedunno

Fifth session with the Lotus is going okay, but now my Zico's acting up, and I mean differently from before since I purged and refueled it. Now the flame stays small, even on the highest setting. Any fix for this?

Eyedunno

I'm kinda mad at this lighter. Did I really break it on the first refilling? I mean, it still lights, but the highest setting is too weak to be usable without REALLY long draws (15 seconds-ish). :(

Alright, so I've decided on the high-temp cap + stem as my new vape and I'm super excited! :nod:

My only questions are:
  • Which stem should I get, the short or the long? I think I had the long one before (after I learned it is supposedly better at cooling), but for some reason something more compact seems appealing. For those with the short stem: Does it at all put the plate too close to your face?
  • Which lighter should I go with, the standard budget model or the Zico? Does it really make a difference as long as I care for them properly?
  • How do I order additional fine screens? I don't see them listed under "Accessories." Is that a request I can make in the order notes?
Thanks everyone. :sherlock:

terminally_chill,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Eyedunno

Okay, just said screw it and bought a 5-pack of cheap 45-degree jet flame lighters on eBay for $10. I just hope they work at all. :)

Edit: ...And then, two minutes after buying these, I had an epiphany. After dozens of fruitless web searches, blowing compressed air, purging and refilling the lighter at least four times, wiping it with an ISO-soaked q-tip, yadda yadda... I wondered if I could push the dial a little higher. It turns out I thought the dial was stopping, but I just had to turn it a little harder and it turned freely again and now I have a fucking perfect flame and tons of ability to make it much longer. I am an idiot.

Oh well, the five lighters will be nice for backup. :p

Okay, taking a few celebratory hits on my Lotus. Yeah, this thing is wonderful. Once you have everything working right and you start to get a feel for it, it's an outstanding vape, and fun to use too.

Last edited:

ronalicious

This to me sounds like the gas/flame is either set too low or too high, have you tried adjusting it?

- snip -

There seems to be a little play in the Zico that really does nothing, when I pushed it further to the '+' I met some resistance, but persevered... at this point I was either going to break it, or it was going to work, and it's working now. I just had to push it past that resistance point.

So, thanks @UnshavenFish the post by @Ratchett did the trick!

Eyedunno

There seems to be a little play in the Zico that really does nothing, when I pushed it further to the '+' I met some resistance, but persevered... at this point I was either going to break it, or it was going to work, and it's working now. I just had to push it past that resistance point.

So, thanks @UnshavenFish the post by @Ratchett did the trick!
Hehe, someone else with the exact same problem I had, I see. Well, good to have it worked out.

This thing is unreal. I suspect the biggest problem with my first time, aside from not timing my hits, was that I tamped the material a bit. Since then, it's been unpacked bowls and smooth sailing. And mind you, I swear sometimes that I have combusted, because of the continued vapor production when I remove the flame combined with the huge, very smoke-like clouds I get, but nope, all vapor flavor and no black in the bowl... Efficiency is also awesome, and on par with the E-nano.

Dank Sinatra

Just chiming in to say that I've had the Lotus for about half a week now, and this thing is a fucking beast!! I love it. All of my combustion-loving friends were sold on vaping after a huge rip through my lotus setup. I love my Air, but the Lotus is on a whole 'nother level. Peace yall B)

ronalicious

Hehe, someone else with the exact same problem I had, I see. Well, good to have it worked out.

This thing is unreal. I suspect the biggest problem with my first time, aside from not timing my hits, was that I tamped the material a bit. Since then, it's been unpacked bowls and smooth sailing. And mind you, I swear sometimes that I have combusted, because of the continued vapor production when I remove the flame combined with the huge, very smoke-like clouds I get, but nope, all vapor flavor and no black in the bowl... Efficiency is also awesome, and on par with the E-nano.

heheh :) yeah getting past the little stopping point is not the most intuitive.

Interesting comment about the E-nano... I'd been thinking about getting a plugin/desktop vape and it's been at the top of my research list, but if the lotus hits just as well, I'll probably just stick with it.

ronalicious,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

youle7

Hello there...

I've bought my first vaporizer ever from lotusvaporizer.com
I've bought the whole kit exactly 1 week ago.
The payment was received instantaneously but the status of the order is still pending...

I've tried to contact them but it said I was blocked and it told me to report this blockage to the website Mollom.com

So I did like everyday since last week, but nothing happens.
I tried to contact the mollom team and I was directed to acquia.com
The next day, somebody called me from the acquia.com and told me that they have no relevance to lotusvaporizer.com

I don't know what to do or say. I was extremely excited about this product but now I can't get any because I can find no way to retrieve my money back...

I would like to have it instead of the money but I really don't know what to do.

Harmoniousliving

Hello there...

I've bought my first vaporizer ever from lotusvaporizer.com
I've bought the whole kit exactly 1 week ago.
The payment was received instantaneously but the status of the order is still pending...

I've tried to contact them but it said I was blocked and it told me to report this blockage to the website Mollom.com

So I did like everyday since last week, but nothing happens.
I tried to contact the mollom team and I was directed to acquia.com
The next day, somebody called me from the acquia.com and told me that they have no relevance to lotusvaporizer.com

I don't know what to do or say. I was extremely excited about this product but now I can't get any because I can find no way to retrieve my money back...

I would like to have it instead of the money but I really don't know what to do.
So you tried calling them ?I have emailed them several times and received messages back in a timely manner. Here is the email for customer support,this is the guy I was talking to his name is Steven
stevenl@mendovape.com
Hope that helps.

Eyedunno

heheh :) yeah getting past the little stopping point is not the most intuitive.

Interesting comment about the E-nano... I'd been thinking about getting a plugin/desktop vape and it's been at the top of my research list, but if the lotus hits just as well, I'll probably just stick with it.
I wouldn't say it "hits just as well". I'm actually getting far more impressive clouds from the Lotus than I do from the nano. But of course the nano has adjustable temperature, so I suspect it's possible there as well; I just like the slow experience at 6.5 with a dry stem.

On the other hand, flavor is not quite as good on the Lotus IMO (but the Lotus is still very good, and I love how effectively the stem cools the vapor as well), and once you have the nano at optimal temperature (could take 20+ minutes), it's just about as easy to use as a vape could be. It's also super-easy and intuitive to load--just suck herb into the stem or GonG, then perhaps tamp it down (unlike with the Lotus) when you have enough in there. Also, I tried the Lotus's WPA tonight, and I prefer the E-nano through water too; it's just so elegant and simple. I pretty much find a log on a D020-D or similar bubbler to be about as good as you can get for vaping through water, but even on a standard tube setup, I prefer the E-nano. My opinions about the WPA probably have a lot to do with me never having been much of a bong smoker though. I never turned down a bong, but I always preferred a regular bowl.

Incidentally, this is my first evening without turning on the nano in probably 6 weeks. I wanted to see how I do with just the Lotus. Honestly, I'm vaping more on it than with the E-nano (almost a bowl an hour, which is a lot for me), but that's probably the novelty factor and just how much fun I'm having using this thing. I imagine that will wear off, and then I will just treat it as another (excellent) tool in the arsenal.

colgorkan

Incidentally, this is my first evening without turning on the nano in probably 6 weeks. I wanted to see how I do with just the Lotus. Honestly, I'm vaping more on it than with the E-nano (almost a bowl an hour, which is a lot for me), but that's probably the novelty factor and just how much fun I'm having using this thing. I imagine that will wear off, and then I will just treat it as another (excellent) tool in the arsenal.

That is what I thought a year and a half ago when I put down my Solo to give the Lotus a try. Three normal caps, one high temp cap, a long stem, two shorties and a WPA later, I haven't even charged my Solo in months.

I love the fact that I can cheerfully use the same tool both chillin' it at home with netflix and ten miles from the nearest road on a trail run.

Thinking of getting an e-nano though.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
That is what I thought a year and a half ago when I put down my Solo to give the Lotus a try. Three normal caps, one high temp cap, a long stem, two shorties and a WPA later, I haven't even charged my Solo in months.

I love the fact that I can cheerfully use the same tool both chillin' it at home with netflix and ten miles from the nearest road on a trail run.

Thinking of getting an e-nano though.

Very good idea, I follow the same path

IMO E-nano can give you as tasty convectives solid hits everytime, no torch spitting or low gas level in lighter or bad timing or else that can modify your hit. Set your sweet spot and hit!
That said they have differents signatures and after some non use I recently sorted out my lotus, on an orbiter. Loving it again and I find it has a very different signatures from enano

Top Bottom