The Lotus Vaporizer

sunsett70

Max Jitter said:
We are looking for some Lotus owners to Beta test a new version of the Lotus Vaporizer. Please contact us through the website or at contact@mendovape.com
Thanks for your help.

hey max,
any news about this beta version, how long till we get a glimpse?

sunsett70,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sunsett70 said:
Max Jitter said:
We are looking for some Lotus owners to Beta test a new version of the Lotus Vaporizer. Please contact us through the website or at contact@mendovape.com
Thanks for your help.

hey max,
any news about this beta version, how long till we get a glimpse?
Probably another 6 weeks until the Betas go out for testing. The plan is to send them out to some testers for a 2 week period, get them back, clean them up and send them to the other Beta testers (we don't have many Beta units).

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

gvape

Well its been quite a while since I have used the Lotus. Dont get me wrong, its a great vape, I just have so many options its not used as much. But WOW... It delivers a punch still.

I just found my water pipe adapter so I went looking for the rest of it and even found a packed bowl in the lotus. Quite funny actually. Definitely forgot how it hits; a bit heavier since I can control the temp with the torch. Quite a stony high, which is exactly what I was looking for right now.

Still looking forward to these betas. Hope to see something show up soon :)

gvape,

gvape

jackmormon said:
Have you tried the WP adapter with solid concentrates? :o

Yeah works well. I always put a small bed of material below it just so it doesn't clog the screen up horribly. But it does work nicely.

gvape,

natural farmer

Hi all, I am about to start living kind of primitive for some time and I am looking for the perfect vaporiser for this. That will possibly mean solar power usage. So the question is: can the Lotus be used with a magnifying glass? If not, could I customise it somehow? I would love to also hear Max's point of view for such a use.. Thanx in advance guys!

natural farmer,
No I would highly doubt it. Two or three cans of butane should last you months however. What about the supreme vaporizer? that could probably last the duration of your time. There is also a vape called the solarizer that run off of strictly solar power.

biojuggernaut,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
A Solar bag can however charge batteries, even though it may take a while depending on the model you choose. MFLB may be an idea if you choose to go that way.

OhTheAgony,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
ili said:
Hi all, I am about to start living kind of primitive for some time and I am looking for the perfect vaporiser for this. That will possibly mean solar power usage. So the question is: can the Lotus be used with a magnifying glass? If not, could I customise it somehow? I would love to also hear Max's point of view for such a use.. Thanx in advance guys!

Let me say first that I have never tried heating the Lotus with solar heat but......
I think that it should work if the Lotus hot plate is blackened with soot (like from a candle) to prevent reflection. I would try it with some plastic Fresnel lens that you can buy from Edmund Scientific. They have them up to 12" on an edge. I'd try it with a 6" & 12". Be careful, they would make burning hot beams of light. Keep us posted.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

natural farmer

Thanx for the replies guys! I would prefer to avoid batteries as the MFLB is a very weak hitter (using it for a year now) and torch lighters as they are not very reliable (especially in a wet rainforest situation). I also have a VG which hits really strong but needs a lot of butane and you can taste the gas somehow. I have also seen the solarizer but it's full conduction and I have never even read a decent review. I believe that the Lotus could cut it but I don't know what would happen with the blackened centre if you do it with soot. Could someone with a lotus try it just for fun? Also, Max, would you consider making a Lotus with a black (anodised maybe...) hot plate? I would be willing to pay a small premium if it could work and I know a lot of people who would love an alternative solar vaporiser...

natural farmer,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Anyone else having trouble accessing their site or its just me ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

I can access it now.. But i wasnt able when i wrote this :). Problem solved :p

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer/lotus-vaporizer-set.html Anyone wonders where can find Lotus vaporizer in Europe :) This is the place... It is priced at 120 euro which is 155 $ for a full kit with free delivery inside EU (The officials sites price of this hit is 132 $ which make this a pretty fair deal ) ! I wish they had just the water adapter kit.. 85 $ on the official site :).

Abysmal Vapor,

momatik

I'm interested in purchasing a lotus, but having learned of a beta makes me want to wait and see what they have next in store...

momatik,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I dont think there is a whole lot 'beta' about this vape. Bottom line - it works. And it works very well.

I loved my Lotus when it was in my possession, and the recipient of my Lotus gifting was pleased as punch as well. Not to mention, the little herb scoop is a necessity in my grinder now :D

AGBeer,

momatik

I don't doubt the capabilities of this vape- it's why I'm interested in it. But I'd hate to buy it only to see a new and improved version come out soon after.

Especially when the main criticism seems to be the bowl size; an issue I'm assuming is relatively easy to address.

momatik,

OF

momatik said:
I don't doubt the capabilities of this vape- it's why I'm interested in it. But I'd hate to buy it only to see a new and improved version come out soon after.

Especially when the main criticism seems to be the bowl size; an issue I'm assuming is relatively easy to address.

I'm not sure it's all that easy a trick to make the bowl bigger and get it to work as well. As I see it the limiting factor is how much heat is available from the Ni plate. The rate of heat transfer is set by this, if it has to heat twice the herb there's gonna be some problems.

While I like the idea, and the unit, I find it too hard for me to get consistent hits. Mine doesn't get much use but it does keep me company in the garden from time to time where I can focus on technique better.

OF

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
bmereserach said:
Thanks for the great review bmereserach!
Some minor & not so minor comments:
The stir stick should have been firmly bonded to the vapor cap & not be removable. Our bad. Send it back if you would like it repaired.
The price for the kit is $119 not $100.
The water pipe adapter is stainless steel, not aluminum.
The Lotus is sensitive to lighter flame size. Try adjusting it up to 5/8" long. Vaping with too small a flame is really tedious. There is a video on our YouTube channel on lighter adjustment. lighter adj
We were testing a Beta model with a larger bowl but that project won't surface
for a year or so. Sorry about that.

David and Michael,
Top Bottom