Discontinued The Liquidizer Herb2Vapor System - Safety Butane Extractor & Mini-vaporizer

boomshanker

hi guys first post but lurker for 2 years. im from india and want to know if you can put charas (hand rubbed hash) in this to make oil. CHARAS is different to the hashes u smoke in usa.

main reason is the hash here we grind and mix with tobacco which i roll in js and each j has a full cig worth of tobacco without the cig filter fml.

Last edited:
boomshanker,

darkrom

Great Scott!
hi guys first post but lurker for 2 years. im from india and want to know if you can put charas (hand rubbed hash) in this to make oil. CHARAS is different to the hashes u smoke in usa.

main reason is the hash here we grind and mix with tobacco which i roll in js and each j has a full cig worth of tobacco without the cig filter fml.

You should be able to extract from Charas just fine. It may not be as big of a yield as you'd expect since you are extracting from an extract.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

boomshanker

oh well im going to go ahead and try anyways. last question sorry for sounding like a noob. but the quality of hash i get i know for a fact has been mixed lets say for example shoe polish. (in india its actually mixed with something called 'mehndi' but thats too hard to explain). will making hash oil out of that get rid of all the dirty stuff that will be mixed in it? or will the oil be part shoe polish oil aswell?

boomshanker,

OF

will making hash oil out of that get rid of all the dirty stuff that will be mixed in it? or will the oil be part shoe polish oil aswell?

Good question. I think the answer is 'it depends' (isn't it always?). It depends on what's contaminating it, more importantly what dissolves that contaminant. If it dissolves in Butane (liquid) then yes, it will 'carry over'. It might be it doesn't dissolve in say alcohol so you can later 'wash' it out like the 'winterizing' process removes wax. If it's water soluble you might be able to wash it free that way since the oil won't dissolve in the water. Rinse it a lot in water, then dry the oil?

It's a matter of separating stuff out from other stuff.

Best to start with contaminant free stock, of course, but I think you won't make it worse and most likely can figure out how to make it better. The only real way to find out is try?

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Strange, I would predict just the opposite. Being concentrated to start, there's more THC in the machine......

OF

Thinking about this you are probably correct. Not sure what I was thinking. I'd imagine 20 grams of bubble hash will yield more than 20 grams of bud for example.

As for the contaminants I'd be willing to bet if you start with dirty material you will end up with at least some of them in the extract. Certainly nothing I'd be using if its mixed with things like shoe polish or ink, but thats me being "picky".

What I'd be worried about is if those chemicals are more dangerous when concentrated. If they do get concentrated just like the desirable materials then you'd be consuming more potential toxins per hit and more rapidly as well.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Alright, I made a batch today and the only thing I changed aside from the weed was I used a single large size can of butane. The first step went well with the initial PEG mix, came out much darker than usual. I thought at first this may have been because the batch was a real dark GDP but no, this batch came out better. The second level of concentrate (the zero waste method), I used the usual 3mls of ethanol. This shit came out fucking green like wheat grass juice and tasted like I just ate a foot of sod. It was ridiculous. I thought that I had even fucked up the batch. The larger can of butane bubbled over the top of my warm water purge and I lost some product. But the shit came out fucking nuts!

I think the butane was to much but my next batch has a full size can of vector written all over it. I already put aside the weed. I'm going to try and get a controlled batch. I'll get pic's tomorrow, my little one is sleeping and I don't want to wake her up. And, I'm fucking stoned hard and I am way too lazy to take fucking pics......

:cool:

And BoomShanker - I got a buddy from Goa, I'll find out the deal my friend. I would agree with OF - I throw kief in my mix for extract when I can. I imagine this increases the strength as would hash. I could be wrong but it kinda makes sense.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I've always used 1 large can for 7 grams. When liquidizer came to fruition they said their research came up with 1 small can. Even after extraction the weed looked much different. I am starting to think the extra butane maximizes the extraction heightening your yield. I think I used too big of a can but I would bet a normal size can of vector as opposed to one of the mini cans included with the liquidizer would do the trick.

I mean as long as you take the time to ensure all has evaporated than it IMHO no different. Yeah the vapor genie does the job but I'd much rather use the cloud! You follow?

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I don't know much about vacuum purging brother. I'd be willing to try it.

Anyway, I find storing in the syringes is the absolute best way to maximize your product. To much get stuck on the walls of the squeezer bottle. We need to find a proper storage method. Once you really get into this stuff every little drop counts. Sometime I even remove the needle and use my syringe like a dropper.

poonman

Google vacuum purge , there's a few good vids on it .
It looks like some are using a ' pressure cooker ? ' pot to vacuum it .
It looks very interesting , like a loaf of bread baking when it starts to expand .

Anyhoo , I couldn't find an up to date qwiso thread .
So I'll post it here .

I'm going to try making some qwiso with 99 % iso .
Using some average weeds that is just not going to be used at all for anything .
I got 18 g worth , to play with . It's not very potent , so I'm hoping any yield would be great .

Got the recipe off GC and youtube .
I'm going to do the warm water purge method , unless it takes too long .
Then I'll just let it sit over night .

1. Freezing the iso and weed for 4 hours .
2. let sit in iso for 30 seconds and shake vigorously for another 30 seconds . ( using mason jars )
3. pour out thru strainers/filters and let dry or purge .

any other thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated .

tia

mephisto

I would rethink the soak time when using iso. My experience with 99% iso extractioon has been very green.
Iso is a much faster/aggressive solvent than say Ethanol. I just did a 15 sec. rinse extraction with frozen herb and 99% iso. Best quality I have yielded yet. If you were to use Ethanol, then a 3 minute shake would be ideal, based on my latest Qweth extraction. I typically do not favor butane as a solvent, so it has been many different attempts using iso and ethanol. Sorry for the derail, just wanted to give you some things to consider. Overall, whatever your extraction solvent, the Liquidizer EJ liquid makes a great catalyst for enjoying your extracts. Back to you, Jim.....

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'd love to try it and see how an ISO wash tastes compared to butane. Another buddy and I were just pondering this though - if I ran a batch and skipped the initial PEG mix and literally just do the zero waste method with ethanol can that still be used in the pen? I can say that shit is the best tasting concentrate I ever had! It looked like straight wheat grass. I can't get enough of it!

mephisto

Mvapes, I believe you would be fine with your experiment. However, without the EJ mix, you may end up with an extract that is too viscous for use in the Liquidizer "dispensers". I would go with a 15-20 sec. rinse if using iso. Longer extraction times will give you more kaka in your end product. I usually winterize w/ ethanol and then filter my winterized liquid through an Aeropress, using both the fiber filter and the stainless filter. Best wishes for a stellar extraction.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'd love to try it and see how an ISO wash tastes compared to butane.

I have made a lot of wax with the ISO method.
Using EVERCLEAR these day due to ISO higher than 92% is hard to get were I am.
The BHO you do probably tastes better?

That's why I asked you about vacuum purging?
The dispensaries sell a BHO that taste so good however very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

I quit making ISO type wax because I think BHO well purged taste best.
Just buying it for now until I setup my equipment.
So far I have a vacuum system to add to the process.

I might be incorrect in my assessment?

Learning everyday!

Keep up the good work!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Is there really that much of a difference between 92 and 99 iso besides the obvious more water?

Dreamerr,
Reactions: mvapes

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Is there really that much of a difference between 92 and 99 iso besides the obvious more water?
I don't know?
That's why I'm setting up vacuum purging.
This is the step I believe I'm missing?

Regardless of the extraction PURGING should be part of the process!
I believe?
Maybe I'm wrong?

The EVERCLEAR wax tasted better than the ISO at 92%.
BHO still tastes the best so far in my limited experience.

The expense of EVERCLEAR makes it a show stopper for a lot of people!
How much does that vacuum sister cost?
Too buy the one off the shelf is about $1,500.00 However I bought all the parts and wired it myself.
I spent under $275.00 more or less!
http://www.veneersupplies.com/products/Project-V2-Premium-Auto-Cycling-Venturi-Vacuum-Press-Kit.html
This is the foundation now I need to retro fit it.

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: mvapes
Top Bottom