The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

disGRUNTled

Headband in the HydroBrick, drinking a Green Earth American Pale Ale by Brotherton Brewing Co.Watching the 2011 WWE Money In The Bank.
BSqFao4.jpg

ShHlFHc.jpg
DfNHILk.jpg

rdpPN6b.jpg

A4hFvXT.jpg

disGRUNTled

That's a decent price for that. Im thinking of getting this one from newvape and not dealinv with shipping times. Is it worth it for what looks like the exact same piece off of dhgate?

https://www.newvape.com/10-clear-rig-9110/
Mang IMHO, and not to be political but NewVape I believe is making almost everything they sell right here in the USA and their craftsmanship is top notch.Whenever I can I will buy American vs Chinese .

I like how you spend your Friday nights! Damn fine setup!
Right on mang, blessed(retired,small business owner) this is most nights for me , I also post in the Mighty & DaVinci IQ threads.Which brings me to my next point this HydroBrick deserves more than 11 pages. I will post my thoughts on it tomorrow after it being my daily for a week. But mang this thing is f*cking amazing !!!!

disGRUNTled

Had to switch up today and stay inside as it is cold by Fl standards (low 40s). My wifey does not like me getting high inside the house, but she took my kids with her on a 1/2 business 1/2 fun trip. So .........
giphy.gif

Drinking a CCB Raspberry Halo Imperial Stout , browsing the webs for things to buy & watching Showtime Championship Boxing (huge boxing junkie )Frampton vs Santa Cruz II. Gsc in the HydroBrick w/ the HoneyBird attachment.
NG5UdKn.jpg

bT5XXfL.jpg

g2avl6X.jpg

Hf6Hg8F.jpg

disGRUNTled

So after using the HydroBrick for a week daily here are my first thoughts:
What I like : 1) It looks sexy as hell I like the wood work
2) No electronics this is huge no batteries or internals that can break or go apeshit on you.
3) Flavor is amazing
4) It hits hard , I have took some hits that he me on the fucking moon in a millisecond
5) its very efficient
What I don't like : 1) Its not ready out of the box , what I mean by this there is a learning curve as you are using a torch. Never burned my flower but I came close like the first 2 times I used it maybe.But once you got your technique down its amazing.
2) I have never dabbed although I am about to start getting into it. So the whole torch aspect gave me a little bit of a "crackhead" feel
giphy.gif

Anyways I really had to try hard to find something to dislike with the HydroBirck so it was honestly nitpicking. This thing is amazing and I think my favorite vape currently.

Last edited:

dparks818

I just got a zico T-38 torch and it is honestly my favorite addition to my Maxx. It makes it so much easier to take huge lungbusting hits with my brick and has taken water pipe use up to the next level!

Headband + Hydrobrick, drinking a Barrel Aged Box Of Chocolate from Charleville Brewing.Watching my Knicks vs Cavs.
bWtMgoK.jpg

48sRivA.jpg

jm7JGPg.jpg
And I Have the exact same rig you have pictured here! I love it so far, and its really easy to clean.

blacksilversurfer

Hi guys. I've had the maxx for a few weeks now and there a loads of things I like about it, the craftsmanship the ability to have everything but the whip/mouthpiece contained and the way it produces huge clouds. It regularly puts me on my ass VERY quickly. I just have one gripe and that's the taste. Every hit I take I seem to get a very strong woody taste. It's not like a terrible taste It just seems to mask the taste of the herb a bit too much. Does anyone have the same issue? If u do how do u avoid the woody taste. And help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Oh yh I have the walnut version if that helps. Thanks!

btka

I am planning to buy a hydro maxx.. heard good things about the sticky bricks vapes...
but I have a question regarding torches... I have used some torches with my vapman, lotus, vapcap... and the,torches I could buy look very cheap to be honest (even the expensive ones I can get here)...and I am concerned with the materials used with this torches... if they use cheap metal is not there the posibility that when using the torch due to its heat some of this cheap materials do offgas.. so I am searching a torch which is safe in this regard... do you have some suggestions... with cheap metal I mean for e.g. the round metal where the flame comes out... the parts sourounding the flame, which get very hot...

BTW is the wood flavour really that strong as @blacksilversurfer states...

blacksilversurfer

@btka
i dont know if im doing something wrong but i can taste the wood. most my other vapes have glass or some kind of steel/ cermaic bowl whereas the maxxx is mostly wood. A wood vape is a first for me maybe i just need to get used to it. hope i dont sound like a hater. i really do like the maxx. i might just turning into a flavor junkie:p

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I believe walnut is supposed to have the strongest wood flavor. My OG Brick is walnut, the wood flavor faded quite a bit but it took a few weeks at least. Now it is very subtle and noticeable mostly at the end of the bowl.

If your torch is set too low it can cause more wood flavor sometimes because the vapor is so thin. A really hot torch can do a similar thing because it's getting the wood too hot.

Once you get your technique dialed in and the wood broken in the taste should be very subtle. I consider myself a flavor chaser for sure and I have no complaints about my Sticky vaporizers in that regard.

There's been discussion about using hash oil or reclaim to "season" the airpath and reduce the wood flavor, but I'm not sure if anyone ever tried it out.

AmsterDAB16

I believe walnut is supposed to have the strongest wood flavor. My OG Brick is walnut, the wood flavor faded quite a bit but it took a few weeks at least. Now it is very subtle and noticeable mostly at the end of the bowl.

If your torch is set too low it can cause more wood flavor sometimes because the vapor is so thin. A really hot torch can do a similar thing because it's getting the wood too hot.

Once you get your technique dialed in and the wood broken in the taste should be very subtle. I consider myself a flavor chaser for sure and I have no complaints about my Sticky vaporizers in that regard.

There's been discussion about using hash oil or reclaim to "season" the airpath and reduce the wood flavor, but I'm not sure if anyone ever tried it out.

Damn I ordered walnut! I thought other posters had said it was the second most neutral option (after Cherry, which ironically I was originally intending to go for because I liked the look of it)? (for my SBJ thought not hydro)

I think the hash-oil seasoning method would be good, but that means if I ever go back to the US (move or travel long-term) it'll be harder to pass it off as not paraphernalia (whether flown with or shipped via mail), any thoughts on that...WWFCD?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Damn I ordered walnut! I thought other posters had said it was the second most neutral option (after Cherry, which ironically I was originally intending to go for because I liked the look of it)? (for my SBJ thought not hydro)

I think the hash-oil seasoning method would be good, but that means if I ever go back to the US (move or travel long-term) it'll be harder to pass it off as not paraphernalia (whether flown with or shipped via mail), any thoughts on that...WWFCD?
I wouldn't worry about it and just break it in as fast as possible. :science:

It will get reclaim in the airpath eventually so you're not changing much by doing it earlier. Seems like a waste of good hash oil to me.

As I noted, I'm a flavor chaser and I don't regret my choice of walnut at all. It's beautiful to look at and tasty to use.

AmsterDAB16

Speaking off, I was wondering (and this actually applies more to the other non-hydro bricks, so I may get bitch-slapped by the mods here) – I see a lot of people rigging dab-nails and bangers into the intake hole, but does it actually create any new functionality or dab-smoke quality?

That is to say if you stick a quartz banger in an SBC and blast 'n' dab the muhfuh, then isn't that just like a standard dab-rig with a wooden-body and no water?!

Whereas with say a mighty concentrate pad down in the chamber and a generous glob smeared on top, then you're actually vaping the oil using the intended convection of the vape? right?

Top Bottom