The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Speaking off, I was wondering (and this actually applies more to the other non-hydro bricks, so I may get bitch-slapped by the mods here) – I see a lot of people rigging dab-nails and bangers into the intake hole, but does it actually create any new functionality or dab-smoke quality?

That is to say if you stick a quartz banger in an SBC and blast 'n' dab the muhfuh, then isn't that just like a standard dab-rig with a wooden-body and no water?!

Whereas with say a mighty concentrate pad down in the chamber and a generous glob smeared on top, then you're actually vaping the oil using the intended convection of the vape? right?
That's the gist of it. If you use it with a nail or banger it's basically just an airpath. Using a concentrate pad uses the design of the Brick itself to vaporize the concentrate. This gives multiple hits from the same amount of material, resulting in more of a session experience.

Last edited:

disGRUNTled

I am planning to buy a hydro maxx.. heard good things about the sticky bricks vapes...
but I have a question regarding torches... I have used some torches with my vapman, lotus, vapcap... and the,torches I could buy look very cheap to be honest (even the expensive ones I can get here)...and I am concerned with the materials used with this torches... if they use cheap metal is not there the posibility that when using the torch due to its heat some of this cheap materials do offgas.. so I am searching a torch which is safe in this regard... do you have some suggestions... with cheap metal I mean for e.g. the round metal where the flame comes out... the parts sourounding the flame, which get very hot...
Mang I use this one so far so good , and it seems to be highly regarded when it comes to torches.
https://www.amazon.com/Blazer-GT800...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1KNETNPCADCWCVDRJ90Q

"Mystery" strain in the HydroBrick , drinking a Mikkeller Spontanyuzu watching WWE Smackdown.
IYdqfSR.jpg

Mi8CYnS.jpg

Last edited:

RollTheCar

Hey guys! I've been looking at the brick lineup for a while now, and I have an opportunity to buy a used maxx on the cheap. The seller says the unit has been combusted out of a couple times, so I guess my question is if this combution smell sticks around forever, or if it comes out of the wood with use. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Hey guys! I've been looking at the brick lineup for a while now, and I have an opportunity to buy a used maxx on the cheap. The seller says the unit has been combusted out of a couple times, so I guess my question is if this combution smell sticks around forever, or if it comes out of the wood with use. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!

The combustion smell and taste can be gotten rid of and go away. Don't have to worry about it being a forever thing in my experience. The few times I have combusted, hot water and cotton swabs on the internal wood, iso on the screen, and pbw on the glass has taken care of it everytime.

Do not soak the cotton swab though, just needs to be damp. Also, be careful not to get any iso on the wood. The smokey taste will be there after you clean it, I let nine dry without putting anything in it for a day after cleaning, but after a session or two it is unnoticeable.

RollTheCar

The combustion smell and taste can be gotten rid of and go away. Don't have to worry about it being a forever thing in my experience. The few times I have combusted, hot water and cotton swabs on the internal wood, iso on the screen, and pbw on the glass has taken care of it everytime.

Do not soak the cotton swab though, just needs to be damp. Also, be careful not to get any iso on the wood. The smokey taste will be there after you clean it, I let nine dry without putting anything in it for a day after cleaning, but after a session or two it is unnoticeable.
Awesome, thanks for the info! I just pulled the trigger on it, can't wait to try it out! This will be my first butane vaporizer, so I'm hoping for the best!

hinglemccringleberry

is there a difference especially regarding taste between the walnut and cherry option... (for example woodtaste)... does one alter the taste of vape more? or are they the same...
IME with the Junior, the walnut version was alot woodier than the cherry. Taking it out of the box for the first time I could instantly smell the walnut. That didn't happen w/ the cherry when i took it out. The walnut was just too woody for me in both smell and taste (even though everyone else seems to love it) so I settled on the cherry which they say is the most neutral out of all the wood types. Still have some woodiness w/ the cherry, but it's not as in-yo-face as the walnut.

Gigsabits53

Haha yea I've only heard great things about the StickyBrick lineup, coming from an Underdog/Solo it should be a way different vaping experience:) I'm pumped!:rockon:

Yes you will enjoy it a lot. I dont use mine as much since I got a Cloud Evo but the Maxx is a fun vaporizer to use. I have an Underdog also and I think the Brick will be a good change of pace type vape for you. The brick is going to get you way bigger hits than the Underdog. Nothing against the Underdog because I love mine, the brick is different and I find its almost a requirement to have several devices that can do different things, at least for me it is. Plus with a torch vape you will never need electricity or power of any kind.

RollTheCar

Yes you will enjoy it a lot. I dont use mine as much since I got a Cloud Evo but the Maxx is a fun vaporizer to use. I have an Underdog also and I think the Brick will be a good change of pace type vape for you. The brick is going to get you way bigger hits than the Underdog. Nothing against the Underdog because I love mine, the brick is different and I find its almost a requirement to have several devices that can do different things, at least for me it is. Plus with a torch vape you will never need electricity or power of any kind.
Man I'm so excited for the maxx to come in, should have it tomorrow morning! The fact that it doesn't require any form of electricity is a huge plus, and one of the main reasons I got one. And the underdog can already rip me a new butthole so I'm curious as to how much harder a vape can hit. I'll be sure to report back after I use it a bit tomorrow:)

ma125

After almost two weeks playing around with the Hydrobrick Maxx the learning curve is almost gone.
It was a bit harder to master than I expected but it was fun.

I have combusted 4 times (real full blown combustion) most of these episodes I inhaled too slowly ( IME the biggest contributing factor in combustion with my Maxx ) and or loaded too much. Note that I am no noob to butane vapes (own the VG, Lotus and VC)
But it is possible, IME, and not that hard, to combust with the hydrobrick despite other user's reports.
The combustion smell and taste will go away completely after 5 or 6 bowls with the cleaning tips already posted by other users.
But that's really the only downside (if we can call it a downside) for this awesome, amazing vaporizer !!

Really grate clean convection taste, enormous clouds of smooth vapor is what you can expect from the Hydrobrick. And I mean GIGANTIC clouds :brow:
With the right tech you can cash an entire bowl with one really really really big hit, and a wispy one.

The Maxx earned a place in my daily rotation along with my much loved e-nano, I use both everiday.

The craftmanship is stunning, the wood pieces are beautifull, the glass is thick, all and all great vaporizer.
Once again I have to say THANK YOU to FC for helping me find and enjoy another fantastic piece of vaping equipment

Cheers

RollTheCar

Well the Maxx came in early this morning, and I've run about 4 bowls through it so far. First impression: Wow. This thing is ridiculously smooth, both dry and even more so through water. A bit of a learning curve, but still pretty easy to use. I'm getting clouds bigger than I thought possible with a vape. The craftsmanship is also top notch. Super impressed. Super high.:nod:

Gigsabits53

Well the Maxx came in early this morning, and I've run about 4 bowls through it so far. First impression: Wow. This thing is ridiculously smooth, both dry and even more so through water. A bit of a learning curve, but still pretty easy to use. I'm getting clouds bigger than I thought possible with a vape. The craftsmanship is also top notch. Super impressed. Super high.:nod:

Awesome, happy to hear you are enjoying it. The maxx is so versatile, I have probably used it dry more than with water. It's a really nice handheld portable when you dont feel like messing around with water. Enjoy!!

cloudsosmoke

good customer service story here..

my black friday iroko hydro brick decided to start splitting right down the middle
connecting any water pooling around the o-ring under hydrotube directly to the bowl

..i put it down to natural causes..
my guess - it was 'de-stabilized' by the different atmospheric conditions
in a different part of the globe

sent photos to sticky brick labs and they sent replacement out same day
(..thanks man to @Slow Draw McGraw)

also they let me negotiate a swap to a cherry junior
so i keep the split hydro and only pay for the glass for the junior
(as glass on hydro was not being replaced)

added butter for wood
..came to $50 total inc shipping to UK
and when it arrived found i got 2 intake glass

so now through an act of God/Nature
i got two bricks for nearly the price of one
and i am getting very baked comparing them

..tho have to keep a cloth handy to keep o-ring very dry on split hydro
the first place a drop of water goes is - straight down the channel to the bowl
havent figured out how i can close/fill crack watertight yet

who knew.. such a simple combination of
- a wooden pipe - a long glass tube - and a lighter
is all you really need

blacksilversurfer

just an update....
The wood taste i was getting has lessened for sure over the last few days.
I think my problem was load size. Because the vape has so much power i wasnt putting much in and I was finishing the bowl in 1-2 hits. my small loads still gave very satisfying clouds and still messed me up enough to be in the zone. But the last few bowls i have been putting a bit more in and hitting it more as a session vape and the taste is great. instead of getting 1-2 hits im getting more like 8-10! i have also lowered the flame size on my torch a tad and all seems to be going well. when putting more in and going for a session ive taken to how you can get a few hits and come back in a little while and finish it off. i really like this. for me it shows even more versitility to the vape.
But yeah if anyone has taste issues like i did i would say to load a bit more and try a different strain if you can.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey @disGRUNTled thank you for sharing your sessions with us! Looks like you have been enjoying your Hydrobrick.
good customer service story here..

my black friday iroko hydro brick decided to start splitting right down the middle
connecting any water pooling around the o-ring under hydrotube directly to the bowl

..i put it down to natural causes..
my guess - it was 'de-stabilized' by the different atmospheric conditions
in a different part of the globe

sent photos to sticky brick labs and they sent replacement out same day
(..thanks man to @Slow Draw McGraw)

also they let me negotiate a swap to a cherry junior
so i keep the split hydro and only pay for the glass for the junior
(as glass on hydro was not being replaced)

added butter for wood
..came to $50 total inc shipping to UK
and when it arrived found i got 2 intake glass

so now through an act of God/Nature
i got two bricks for nearly the price of one
and i am getting very baked comparing them

..tho have to keep a cloth handy to keep o-ring very dry on split hydro
the first place a drop of water goes is - straight down the channel to the bowl
havent figured out how i can close/fill crack watertight yet

who knew.. such a simple combination of
- a wooden pipe - a long glass tube - and a lighter
is all you really need
I'm glad we could take care of you!
That goes for anyone, if you have any problems, send me a PM and we will get you straight away.
That is great to hear! The guys in the shop work insanely hard to make these beautiful! They love hearing how customers enjoy the build quality.
We really appreciate all the great feedback everyone.

btka

I got my hydromaxx a week ago and I am trying to learn how to use it ... I can not get clouds like int the videos on youtube... bought the hydromaxx as an backup for my grahoppers and thought it will be able to produce similar clouds as the grasshopper but I can not achieve this.. so I experimented with different flame length and draw speed... I get medicated.. once it medicated me so much that I went to bed ... but I can not get big clouds and to be honest the taste is also not the best... also the silicone whip I got with it stinks a bit... also the hydromaxx has a own smell taste maybe it was the wood finishing, think it gets less and no it was not wood smell taste... yesterday I tried it atached to my bubbler taste was better, was able to taste my herb...

so what can I do to imrpove my experience.... in the manual it says the flame length should be 1 inch, as far as I have seen in the youtube videos this means the whole flame should be one inch not the inner blue flame?

ma125

I got my hydromaxx a week ago and I am trying to learn how to use it ... I can not get clouds like int the videos on youtube... bought the hydromaxx as an backup for my grahoppers and thought it will be able to produce similar clouds as the grasshopper but I can not achieve this.. so I experimented with different flame length and draw speed... I get medicated.. once it medicated me so much that I went to bed ... but I can not get big clouds and to be honest the taste is also not the best... also the silicone whip I got with it stinks a bit... also the hydromaxx has a own smell taste maybe it was the wood finishing, think it gets less and no it was not wood smell taste... yesterday I tried it atached to my bubbler taste was better, was able to taste my herb...

so what can I do to imrpove my experience.... in the manual it says the flame length should be 1 inch, as far as I have seen in the youtube videos this means the whole flame should be one inch not the inner blue flame?
Mine had a "strange" taste also that I could not describe, but I know now it is the wood taste (in my case cherry) not a bad taste at all by the way ... It fades away and now I can only taste it if I strech a bowl a little too much.
In regard to flame size I use a 1 inch flame (inner flame) but you have to be carefull not to combust (when you see/feel vapor you have to start ripping) .
Experiment with distance to intake and inhalation speed and I'm sure you will get the hang of it.
The Maxx definitly has the hability to produce monster clouds IME.
Have fun :)

Top Bottom