The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

YungLeaner

I got my hydromaxx a week ago and I am trying to learn how to use it ... I can not get clouds like int the videos on youtube... bought the hydromaxx as an backup for my grahoppers and thought it will be able to produce similar clouds as the grasshopper but I can not achieve this.. so I experimented with different flame length and draw speed... I get medicated.. once it medicated me so much that I went to bed ... but I can not get big clouds and to be honest the taste is also not the best... also the silicone whip I got with it stinks a bit... also the hydromaxx has a own smell taste maybe it was the wood finishing, think it gets less and no it was not wood smell taste... yesterday I tried it atached to my bubbler taste was better, was able to taste my herb...

so what can I do to imrpove my experience.... in the manual it says the flame length should be 1 inch, as far as I have seen in the youtube videos this means the whole flame should be one inch not the inner blue flame?

My best advice for big clouds is to rip the brick HARD and wait for the milky vapor to appear in the glass. Slow down the draw a tiny bit as the vapor pools up, and voila -- huge clouds.

Slow draws with the HB will generally give you thin vapor or combustion.

Also, a Hydratube will help a lot for easy cloud production. You can do it with bubbler and whip but it's more of an art form that way.

CloudyDayz

I recently took up vaping again after a long time off with a Vapir No2. I immediately saw that exclusively vaping was in my future - and the Vapir wasn't really up to the task of being my 'at home, everyday' device. After some research, I settled on this - I got the maxx version. Man, I'm impressed! It's even better than I hoped. Of course I scorched the first bowl (and a little bit the second) but I started to get the hang of it quickly.

This is a perfect vape for a heavy smoker trying to convert. It feels a lot like smoking and the hits are huge. The flavor is great, too. I've been using it with the dry mouthpiece so far but will try it with a water pipe this weekend. Very stoked with this vape!

RollTheCar

I recently took up vaping again after a long time off with a Vapir No2. I immediately saw that exclusively vaping was in my future - and the Vapir wasn't really up to the task of being my 'at home, everyday' device. After some research, I settled on this - I got the maxx version. Man, I'm impressed! It's even better than I hoped. Of course I scorched the first bowl (and a little bit the second) but I started to get the hang of it quickly.

This is a perfect vape for a heavy smoker trying to convert. It feels a lot like smoking and the hits are huge. The flavor is great, too. I've been using it with the dry mouthpiece so far but will try it with a water pipe this weekend. Very stoked with this vape!
If you use it with a water pipe, shits's smooth af. I have no idea why it is so smooth, but it is. Take some massive fucking bong rips off this mofo. You will be high as shit. I love this vape, and I'm drunk.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
If you use it with a water pipe, shits's smooth af. I have no idea why it is so smooth, but it is. Take some massive fucking bong rips off this mofo. You will be high as shit. I love this vape, and I'm drunk.

I did do that . .and you're right.
My OG Brick is really smooth dry, as smooth as most vapes through water. When I use the Hydro add-on it is insanely smooth, and I can clear a chamber much faster than I can dry, so the hits are bigger too.

btka

ok did now spend a little bit with my hydromaxx and I am very happy with my purchase... the smell I mentioned when receiving it is gone and I can taste my herb... also using now my mflb bubbler and it works really good... my results with the hydromaxx mouthpiece are not as satisfying as with my mflb ufo bubbler... but I think that is learn able... Can recommend this vape... It was also a bit fiicky adjusting the torch...

BTW I am searching for a real good torch to use with my hydromaxx... especially I am searching for the "healthiest torch" regarding of material used in it... I am a bit sceptic what the honest torch is made of and if there is a posibility of inhaling something bad for my health (not meaning butane) but which material is used where the flame come out of the torch I would like something made of stainless steel especialy where the flame comes out...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I will have a Maxx on the way tomorrow, 2017 is the year of analog vaping for me!

Quick question how are you folks deep cleaning the bowl? Swabbing with ISO or is that a no-no?
Iso or any other alcohol will indeed dry the wood. Warm water is recommended for cleaning. A dampened q-tip works well.

Surprisingly, I haven't found much need to deep clean, and I've been using my OG Brick for almost 9 months now. Occasionally I remove and clean the screen and scrape out the brown sugar like substance that deposits below it.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
BTW I am searching for a real good torch to use with my hydromaxx... especially I am searching for the "healthiest torch" regarding of material used in it... I am a bit sceptic what the honest torch is made of and if there is a posibility of inhaling something bad for my health (not meaning butane) but which material is used where the flame come out of the torch I would like something made of stainless steel especialy where the flame comes out...

Take my advice as is as I don't own this unit yet but watching a review online the gentleman recommended the purest butane you can get, nothing was really mentioned about the torch except it would be good to have one that you can run upside down.

I have a bottle of Purethane to put in my Newport torch that I used to take dabs with that should work for the HB but it's probably overkill heat-wise.

@mnicsy999 @Vapor_Eyes thanks for the advice!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Creeper: You're welcome! Before I got the Brick I was worried about the wood airpath and cleaning it. It turns out it's not an issue at all and it seems to collect less residue than metal, glass, or plastic. It's probably because the wood is porous. The oily residue might even be conditioning the wood from inside!

btka

Take my advice as is as I don't own this unit yet but watching a review online the gentleman recommended the purest butane you can get, nothing was really mentioned about the torch except it would be good to have one that you can run upside down.

I have a bottle of Purethane to put in my Newport torch that I used to take dabs with that should work for the HB but it's probably overkill heat-wise.

@mnicsy999 @Vapor_Eyes thanks for the advice!

thank you... I have a very good buthane... that is not really my concern....

I am searching for a torch which uses safe materials for vaping... jet flame torches get very hot so I am concerned with the materials surrounding the flame...

CloudyDayz

My OG Brick is really smooth dry, as smooth as most vapes through water. When I use the Hydro add-on it is insanely smooth, and I can clear a chamber much faster than I can dry, so the hits are bigger too.

Finally spent a good amount of time with the water pipe attached. It's pretty crazy how big a hit you can get through water. There are so many good things about this vaporizer - how quick it is, how efficient, how big the hits are, how tasty the vapor is. One thing I don't want to do is spend 20-30 minutes getting high every single time I want to get high. With the water pipe attached, it's the quickest I've ever gotten blazed from a vaporizer. And smooth, too...almost too smooth, actually. But for effects similar to smoking, I've never experienced anything like it in a vaporizer.

disGRUNTled

Mang is been a while since I posted here mostly do to doing a lot of dabs lately. I also purchased a Grasshopper so I had to give that a run. Anyways poolside got Purple Elephant in the HydroBrick watching a documentary about the Gambino crime family on Youtube.
U04Zsv1.jpg

aVoC99Y.jpg

0C2WICi.jpg

7MBCdLL.jpg

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Hey everyone,
The time has finally come! We are proud and excited to announce our first water filtration offering! We have developed our very own Glass tube called the Sticky Tube.
First, I would like to start by stating it is American made glass and made by our in-house glass blower in Asheville North Carolina. We designed this specifically for the Hydrobrick/Maxx. It features a single showerhead percolator and an 18mm female joint. You can find it at www.StickyBrickLabs.com in the 'Sticky Glass' section or by clicking here it will retail for $164.95.
Thank you everyone. We truly appreciate your ongoing support!

WrP1EfU.jpg

MCbBz8n.jpg

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Hey everyone,
The time has finally come! We are proud and excited to announce our first water filtration offering! We have developed our very own Glass tube called the Sticky Tube.
First, I would like to start by stating it is American made glass and made by our in-house glass blower in Asheville North Carolina. We designed this specifically for the Hydrobrick/Maxx. It features a single showerhead percolator and an 18mm female joint. You can find it at www.StickyBrickLabs.com in the 'Sticky Glass' section or by clicking here it will retail for $164.95.
Thank you everyone. We truly appreciate your ongoing support!

WrP1EfU.jpg

MCbBz8n.jpg
I like that tube a lot too! I'm excited for all the new announcements by Sticky Brick Labs! :clap:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
So my unit magically appeared at my door yesterday, the tracking notices were all over the place so I was super happy to see it.

First impressions, it does take some getting used to. I did notice occasionally bright flashes under the intake tube and found that the wood around the air intake hole was scorched. My herb was fine, never hit combustion once. Is that normal?

Also any tips on screen removal?

A pleasant surprise was the included lighter. So many reviews stated it sucked being held upside down, I had no issues with it in that sense.

Much easier to use the Maxx with the mouthpiece instead of through the hose/waterpipe so I'm going to focus on that mode for a bit while dialing in the technique.

CloudyDayz

So my unit magically appeared at my door yesterday, the tracking notices were all over the place so I was super happy to see it.

First impressions, it does take some getting used to. I did notice occasionally bright flashes under the intake tube and found that the wood around the air intake hole was scorched. My herb was fine, never hit combustion once. Is that normal?

Also any tips on screen removal?

A pleasant surprise was the included lighter. So many reviews stated it sucked being held upside down, I had no issues with it in that sense.

Much easier to use the Maxx with the mouthpiece instead of through the hose/waterpipe so I'm going to focus on that mode for a bit while dialing in the technique.

I've had mine for a couple weeks now and I mainly use it with the mouthpiece, too. Not only is it easier to dial in but the flavor is more intense. But man you can get some really big hits when everything goes right with the water pipe attached.

For now I'm totally enjoying it with the mouthpiece and just hooking up the bong for "novelty size" hits ..but eventually I'll find the right water piece for it. I love the one SB is coming out with but it might be a little $$ for me...I'll have to think about it. It *is* exactly what I'd want.

Oh - to pop out the screen I used a twist-tie from a bag of bread - shaped like a "C" and poked in through the carb hole.

Top Bottom