The HydroBrick by Sticky Brick Labs

Asternlemming

I continue to find new ways to enjoy this vape. What impresses me the most is how all of variety of experiences available with such subtle changes in technique. Torch strength, torch distance, to carb or not to carb, dry mouthpiece or hydrotube or whip to bubbler, draw speed, draw length etc...a slight change in any one variable can make a HUGE difference. I guess some could find the analog experience finicky or difficult, I find the nuanced and seemingly infinite differences absolutely wonderful. No matter what I do I can have an excellent experience, but if I pay attention and be present, I can have a spectacular one. Just a tremendous vaporizer.

Gigsabits53

I continue to find new ways to enjoy this vape. What impresses me the most is how all of variety of experiences available with such subtle changes in technique. Torch strength, torch distance, to carb or not to carb, dry mouthpiece or hydrotube or whip to bubbler, draw speed, draw length etc...a slight change in any one variable can make a HUGE difference. I guess some could find the analog experience finicky or difficult, I find the nuanced and seemingly infinite differences absolutely wonderful. No matter what I do I can have an excellent experience, but if I pay attention and be present, I can have a spectacular one. Just a tremendous vaporizer.

Agree, I just tried the when you see vapor draw quickly method and holy shit! I'm still working on my technique with that but when you do it right, its amazing the strength of hit you can get. Love the vape and I dont even have a hydratube yet.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Agree, I just tried the when you see vapor draw quickly method and holy shit! I'm still working on my technique with that but when you do it right, its amazing the strength of hit you can get. Love the vape and I dont even have a hydratube yet.
Yes, you can get some absolutely massive hits that way. I can almost clear a 2/3 full chamber in one hit which is insane.

It's also capable of lovely tasting low temp hits, you gotta love the versatility of this vaporizer. And the best part is it's so quick to switch from low temp to high temp, no need to wait for heating up. You can even change temps instantly in the middle of your hit by changing torch placement.

I think the Sticky family of vaporizers are the most manual vaporizers out there at the moment. Other manual vaporizers are basically on/off switches for the heater or at best have highly specific techniques with little room for variation.

The Stickies are fully analog and the heat source can be manipulated in all three axes. I've found even the angle of the torch makes a difference. Try centering the flame in the intake tube, and then tilt the torch ever so slightly towards the carb. When I do this it milks like crazy, almost instantly.

Gigsabits53

Yes, you can get some absolutely massive hits that way. I can almost clear a 2/3 full chamber in one hit which is insane.

It's also capable of lovely tasting low temp hits, you gotta love the versatility of this vaporizer. And the best part is it's so quick to switch from low temp to high temp, no need to wait for heating up. You can even change temps instantly in the middle of your hit by changing torch placement.

I think the Sticky family of vaporizers are the most manual vaporizers out there at the moment. Other manual vaporizers are basically on/off switches for the heater or at best have highly specific techniques with little room for variation.

The Stickies are fully analog and the heat source can be manipulated in all three axes. I've found even the angle of the torch makes a difference. Try centering the flame in the intake tube, and then tilt the torch ever so slightly towards the carb. When I do this it milks like crazy, almost instantly.

I am going to have to try that trick with the torch angle. This vape is so damn fun to play with!!:D

hweezi

formally cwheezy
So has anyone found any cheaper American made hydratubes anywhere online.

Ive had my credit card compromised twice lately and I don't know if I trust dhgate all that much now.

CaptVapor

Got my Maxx yesterday ... It seems I'm able to get really great hits with the dry tube but through the D020-D ... almost nothing! Any ideas? Have a hydrtatube coming in the mail and that might help but I'm so confused. Also, with a 1 inch flame I'm having to put the flame pretty far into the intake tube to get a hit. The videos I've seen posted make it seem almost instantaneous, guess I need to work on technique more

Alexis

Hey everybody. Just dropping in to let you all know that Vapefiend UK now has some Bricks back in stock.

He had the OG until a month or so ago, for £169 I think.
It vanished, but now he has both the Maxx (£165), and Junior (£130).

No butter though, or extra mouthpieces, O rings etc. I think it would be good if he eventually gets the butter in stock, as the shipping from the Labs is high for small items.

Going to Vapefiend for either of these 2 available models will be much cheaper than going direct, accounting for shipping and customs.

I have been eyeing the Brick for some time, but gambled wrongly on the Supreme which I cant use ever again. I hope to acquire a Brick down the line.
But personally, if money was no factor, I would want the OG Brick, along with the hydro add-on.

I just prefer the look, and the look of the feel (a funny concept), of the OG.
I like the slimness of it, it looks it would be easier for me to handle and keep comfortable hold of. I may be wrong.

But I also really like the simplicity of the OG. And I cant help think that the longer air path from flame to mouth, with the OG, would mean slightly cooler vapor, for when using dry.

If you intended to use it dry a lot of the time, the OG may be a bit more pleasant/smoother.

But mainly the fatter design of the Maxx that I dont prefer to the OG.
But to get the OG and Hydro add-on separately, is so much more expensive obviously.
The OG alone, direct from Sticky Labs, is more than or equal to the Maxx from vapefiend, without adding shipping and customs.

So ultimately, if I am to be in a ready to order a Brick position, fully decided, I would have a hard choice to make. My heart's desire would be the OG with Hydro add on. But so much more expensive, I would struggle to justify the extra.

And how I feel now, I would be disappointed to not have the OG, if I went Maxx.

I am not in a rush though. If I had not wrongly selected the Supreme, then I would alreafy have crossed this bridge.
I will keep an eye on Vapefiend, and may even ring them eventually to see if they may stock the OG and Hydro add-on. That would save a lot on shipping and customs.

I have my herborizer still, a good vape. But it works best with large loads for clouds, and extracts very slowly. A big Brick selling point is the ability to use any size load, for any size cloud. Herborizer is a brilliant social vaporizer, to fill a bowl and stretch it out, with frequent conversation and philosophy breaks.

But not such a get blasted quick and hit the road vape.
This is one area where the Brick attracts me.

And I also have the Omnivap, with a new improved tip coming. I do struggle with wrist problems though actually twirling the Vapcap around while heating. And with the lighter also. But the Brick requires no twirling, and I would hopw to find a torch that is very hand friendly too.
So I have 2 good vaporizers, I will first re-home my Supreme and tip top Aromed, and then we shall see!
Just thought sharing. Enjoy your Bricks!

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
First try and
hqdefault.jpg
:whip::mmmm:
I can already tell that I will be keeping this in the daily rotation. Cheers to you SBL!:cheers:

:smug:

6079Smith

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@CaptVapor
With my OG and Hydro add-on I've noticed I have to use a stronger flame with water than using it dry.

I use a strong flame slightly longer than an inch with the dry mouthpiece, and when using water tools I bump up the flame on my torch a notch or two.

I have a D020-D and have no trouble whitewalling it, in fact the Sticky Brick milks it better than any of my other vaporizers, Evo included.

I think it's the drag created when using water that necessitates a stronger flame. It seems to amplify your draw speed, speeding up even slow draws.

It sounds like you're making progress with your technique, it took me a little time to refine mine as well.

Alexis

Hey again folks. You all really have got me on this now. I really want a Brick, and I want one now! My heart is set. As soon as I have sold Aromed, Supreme, or both, I will be on it.

I have gotten used to the idea of the Maxx, despite preferring the form of the OG and feeling it may be better for dry use. Mainly because it is such a good deal from Vapefiend at just £165.

However, something has come to my attention that I dont think I have seen anybody mention on this forum. I watched Sneaky Pete's youtube video review of a number of vapes. He only mentions the Maxx for a moment comparing it to the Hydrobick.

But he points out how the glass flame intake is actually shorter on the Maxx compared to the Hydrobick. He says he figured out he needed to hold the flame further away from the intake on the maxx, to accomodate for the shorter flame to bowl path.

I wonder if anybody has been doing this with the Maxx, and if this has made combustion more likely? Or just made the hits bigger?

I had accepted that getting the Maxx from Vapefiend makes the most sense, economically. If I thought it was a possiblity, I would ask if he could switch the glass imtake for the slightly longer one that goes with the hydrobrick.

But thinking about it now, I realise the only reason they made it shorter will be for the top to fit on.

Still, this has to be a factor when choosing a model, it wil surely affect function.

Any thoughts?

Alexis

But thinking about it now, I realise the only reason they made it shorter will be for the top to fit on.
To quote myself and hopefuly save some embarrasment, what a dimwit I am with my poor working brain.

Looking at the very clear photos of the 2 units on page 1 of this thread (Hydrobrick, and Maxx), I have woken up and seen that there is no way the glass flame intake fits inside the wooden enclosure when closed up together.

It was just a dumb thought I had, thinking of Junior, thinking that may be the reason why they made the glass intake on the Maxx a bit shorter than on the Hydrobrick.

So I would be curious to know why the intake is shorter and if there is a specific purpose to this. Any input from @Slow Draw McGraw would be of great interest.

And Im still very interested to know how others have got on with the shorter intake on the Maxx, compared to the OG and Hydrobrick.

Has it affected performance?
Have you consciously backed off with the flame to avoid combustion?
Or carried on as normal but gotten bigger hits than on the Hydrobrick with the flame the same distance from the intake (or inside it)?

I definitely want a Hydrobrick real soon. Now I see the glass intake doesnot need to be short like the Junior in order to fit inside the closed unit, I would explore options to get the Maxx somehow with the longer intake that accompanies the Hydrobrick.

That is, if there is some advantage to the extra length to bowl. I doubt this would be possible from Vapefiend, but just looking ahead at all possibilities.

CaptVapor

Well I finally have this vape down - learning curve wasn't bad but I'm an idiot and scorched the wood in my intake (the first few times when I thought I wasn't getting vapor, ie drawing too fast, I thought I would try sticking the flame down into the intake tube - DON'T DO THIS!)

Is this more of a cosmetic thing or have I farked my new vape? Anyone else manage to do the same thing? :doh:

Bizkat

Well I finally have this vape down - learning curve wasn't bad but I'm an idiot and scorched the wood in my intake (the first few times when I thought I wasn't getting vapor, ie drawing too fast, I thought I would try sticking the flame down into the intake tube - DON'T DO THIS!)

Is this more of a cosmetic thing or have I farked my new vape? Anyone else manage to do the same thing? :doh:
I did that to my Cherry Daisy intake block. I used very fine sand paper, over a 1000 grit, and sanded with the grain. Came out pretty good. You can still see some scorch on inside edge to the left of the o-ring.
ueYfdfA.jpg

6079Smith

To quote myself and hopefuly save some embarrasment, what a dimwit I am with my poor working brain.

Looking at the very clear photos of the 2 units on page 1 of this thread (Hydrobrick, and Maxx), I have woken up and seen that there is no way the glass flame intake fits inside the wooden enclosure when closed up together.

It was just a dumb thought I had, thinking of Junior, thinking that may be the reason why they made the glass intake on the Maxx a bit shorter than on the Hydrobrick.

So I would be curious to know why the intake is shorter and if there is a specific purpose to this. Any input from @Slow Draw McGraw would be of great interest.

And Im still very interested to know how others have got on with the shorter intake on the Maxx, compared to the OG and Hydrobrick.

Has it affected performance?
Have you consciously backed off with the flame to avoid combustion?
Or carried on as normal but gotten bigger hits than on the Hydrobrick with the flame the same distance from the intake (or inside it)?

I definitely want a Hydrobrick real soon. Now I see the glass intake doesnot need to be short like the Junior in order to fit inside the closed unit, I would explore options to get the Maxx somehow with the longer intake that accompanies the Hydrobrick.

That is, if there is some advantage to the extra length to bowl. I doubt this would be possible from Vapefiend, but just looking ahead at all possibilities.

I can't speak as to why the intake is shorter but I can say it has been a non-issue for me. I actually bump my torch up for the hydro, probably due to the extra drag through using a bubbler. Dry use may not need it, I tend to use the OG dry so am uncertain. Small adjustments of the torch and your draw made on the fly give plenty of variable to play with. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since you are not used to either yet :2c:

Alexis

I can't speak as to why the intake is shorter but I can say it has been a non-issue for me. I actually bump my torch up for the hydro, probably due to the extra drag through using a bubbler. Dry use may not need it, I tend to use the OG dry so am uncertain. Small adjustments of the torch and your draw made on the fly give plenty of variable to play with. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since you are not used to either yet :2c:
Thanks I really appreciate that. If I go Maxx, I certainly wont worry about it, but you never know I could acquire a longer tube in time for options. One step at a time!

Largely, I was curious as to why it is shorter. There must be a reason, it cant just be random, the Labs clearly know what they are doing and Im sure are very specific and decided on everything they do.

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Thanks I really appreciate that. If I go Maxx, I certainly wont worry about it, but you never know I could acquire a longer tube in time for options. One step at a time!

Largely, I was curious as to why it is shorter. There must be a reason, it cant just be random, the Labs clearly know what they are doing and Im sure are very specific and decided on everything they do.
Hey sorry I'm getting back to you so late. We are switching to the shorter Intake on all units that use a straight Intake in the near future and we decided to start with the HydroBrick Maxx. Hope that helps your dilemma!

No worries you did not mess up your vape. I promise. These things can take a beating.
You can do as bizkat said and use a very fine grit sand paper and carefully sand away the char. It will not affect performance.

Hey everyone I sincerely apologize if I've missed a question from anyone. Please PM me if I fail to respond in the Thread. I mean that you can always PM me here, reddit, or Instagram.

Top Bottom