The HI

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Speaking of 6-month-old posts, you'll likely soon read about my spiral into HIDS-induced insanity (if you haven't already). HIDS = HI Deficiency Syndrome, and I have a sneaking suspicion we're soon going to see a dramatic increase in HIDS cases.

As stickstones just noted after his own investigation, the HI's efficiency if off the charts, as well as its versatility. From direct draw to via your favorite glass water thingy, the HI simply can't be beat. All those things along with the artistry and care that went into my HI makes it the ultimate vaporizer for me.

Edit: Not that I don't use the shit out of my other vaporizers--I most certainly do. It's just that my HI is very special to me. I'm a simple Unfrozen Caveman, after all, and the natural aspect of the HI pleases my simple mind.

I think I handed out a few Likes for you to. Sorry if you logged onto a lot of notifications. Fun reading so far and in hindsight a lot of interesting thoughts were scattered and drawn out, so probably didn't have the same flow and consistency.

I'm still very early in the thread. Though one thing is quite apparent to me, that you said to me, when I joined you all. You said, the HI seems to be the natural/logical path, for MFLB users. The more I read, the more I communicate with Alan and you all. The more apparent that becomes.

u bwade wunner

You said, the HI seems to be the natural/logical path, for MFLB users. The more I read, the more I communicate with Alan and you all. The more apparent that becomes.
Like the lifetime guarantee thats offered with the Hi..Gotta love that one:tup:.

Holy Moley you go away for a few days and come back this thread is shifting at a pace.Woo hoo

Alan Yes Id love an I8mm wong in Redheart if possible.I sent you a sketch:) I think Id like to be able to grab the wood with two fingers so i can comfortably pull the Wong out and clear.Thanks Alan.Hope i got that right and not wong.

Now to read all of what ive missed.I know how you feel daddy.In fact I might even Join you on that ride.
about taste The Hi tastes like the Box only more condensed and richer.Just turn up the Box vapor dial a few notches and your e getting into Hi territory.Alan is slowly creating the Dream team.Its nice to see.

jeppy I don't know where you found her but Man she s hotter than georgia asphalt

Has anyone seen Ed? Hes very Quiet:lol:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
wow!! i wish i have your guys tolerances. i've been trying to get back on the herb train again, i'm blowing at least a gram on my night sessions now :D

Dude... that's like 10 MFLB trenches a day, if you figure 100mg per trench. I thought I was a heavy vapor hitter, when I actually sit down to vape. Usually its a few quick hits and go. At night, is when I get serious and still, I might vape 2 or 3 trenches, during that time. So typical day, maybe 4 trenches.

Oh, don't ever ask me how many trenches, when I made the Leviathan/MFLB video. I won't ever speak about that night again (because I don't remember a @#$%ing thing).

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think I read this thread for thew 3th time when my HI had just come in. It's always fun to see the pictures again & I wanted to read again about what techniques people use. I think I have saved all the videos to my HDD now :)

I like to 'like' older posts btw. When we first got this new forum software I went back to quite a few old posts that stuck with me over time, I just felt like they deserved the appreciation.

I'm at 1,5 gram a day lately, spending a lot of time at home with back pain. I'd rather use something like 2,5 gram a day, but I simply can't afford it :lol:

Just a few more weeks till the first harvest comes in though :brow:

Have you got any maple burl left to make me a wong too, Alan? Because that sure sounds good :D

I would have been happy to stay at 14mm btw, since almost everything I have is that size. But sometimes you don't get to choose the joint size unfortunately. I am starting to get used to the adapters finally though.

Hey Sticks, will your Cloud produce similar vapor with the smallest amount you described using with your HI? Just curious :)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed - Thanks for posting more photos. It is so nice. I looked at it for the longest time before sending it off. Hope you are getting a chance to use more of the roasting tubes. The CRZ tubes should work very well in the HI. I may have to figure out how to make them. Can't be too difficult.

The CRZ tubes are no problem to make at all, I know you can make it happen, just comes to time is all, do you have enough?

I am around U Bwade, and have been using my wooden roasting tube as a matter of fact. I am finding the second and third hits from these tubes to be the best. Probably because I am still learning but the second try at it always gives me a solid cloud. Then I stir for the third and get another solid hit. I also gave the CRZ stems a shot in the HI and got good results. Thing is with the brass its a good idea to have the removable insert so that the wooden tube can be pushed through for cleaning. The 5/16" brass tip fits well in the HI, a little loose but does fit. I look to give the solid glass roasting tube a try the next couple of days. Should be fun as it has been. Have taken the Sindora burl HI into the house and use it as an aroma therapy device. Take and add a little peach essence oil and makes for a great scent in the home. I and the wife are really enjoying these pieces. We have these Sentsy warmers down here and I think the HI out performs it! Sure as hell looks better IMO!

Whats a wong????

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That's kinda my experience with the original CRZ stem as well Ed. I first take two hits out of a fairly packed stem (I suck to fill, then press in add another pinch), & then I dump the load to stir it, suck it back in again & then I get my biggest densest hits of that stem. After that I dump the load after each hit to stir again & I get another 2 or 3 nice ones depending on the herb quality. After that the hits start to get wispy & then I usually just refill & start over again.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OTA...the Cloud worked fine with one PD stem's worth. I didn't try any less since that amount barely covered the bottom of the ELB. The stem with the HI is narrower and was just screaming for less.

cjwally

I had a dream that I had a HI last night and vividly remember taking that first hit and thinking how badass this thing is lol... Then I woke up :( The waiting continues and I am only two weeks in on the wait

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Dude... that's like 10 MFLB trenches a day, if you figure 100mg per trench. I thought I was a heavy vapor hitter, when I actually sit down to vape. Usually its a few quick hits and go. At night, is when I get serious and still, I might vape 2 or 3 trenches, during that time. So typical day, maybe 4 trenches.

Oh, don't ever ask me how many trenches, when I made the Leviathan/MFLB video. I won't ever speak about that night again (because I don't remember a @#$%ing thing).

dam i would be saving so much $$$ if i had that kind of tolerance. can't wait to see you with the HI, so you can lay down some serious vapor through your new awesome glass.

I had a dream that I had a HI last night and vividly remember taking that first hit and thinking how badass this thing is lol... Then I woke up :( The waiting continues and I am only two weeks in on the wait

oh shit it has begun!!!! i think you need to get some help :mental:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Lmao...I love this forum. Cant wait till I could actually talk about my own Hi! :(

mvapes,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Lmao...I love this forum. Cant wait till I could actually talk about my own Hi! :(
I tell ya,,,,,the first time I used my HI,,,I felt all giggly.......Like a goofy little school girl????

funny.gif

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hehehe.... HI.

BYE!

EDIT: Funny (true) story - My 11 y/o daughter (and her "flock") have this annoying (shocking, right) habit of suddenly walking into the room, stopping right next to you, arms to the side and saying, "HI". Then it begins a game of, "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI". Until you're ready to rip out your hair and run maniacally screaming out of the room...

Sometimes you feel like a nut...

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Hehehe.... HI.

BYE!

EDIT: Funny (true) story - My 11 y/o daughter (and her "flock") have this annoying (shocking, right) habit of suddenly walking into the room, stopping right next to you, arms to the side and saying, "HI". Then it begins a game of, "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI", "HI". Until you're ready to rip out your hair and run maniacally screaming out of the room...

Sometimes you feel like a nut...
The next time they come in and say 'HI',,,,,you say,,,"get on the list"!!

u bwade wunner

Stems

20120901111227.jpg

Here are the pics i promised of eds stems

1 cocobolo which started out as a solo stem.I converted it for use with the Hi Nipple
2 Streaked ebony Zap stem.This is very dense and feels like a diamond so silky and smooth
3 Redwood Burl Zap stem.Beautiful divits and tiny knots all over.softer wood,harder to polish.
3 Irish bog oak 3000 year old,converted from a solo stem for alans SS tip.

The top two stems are very dense wood and feel like metal or marble.They must be beautiful to finish.I had fun with the cocobolo.They are also beautiful to hold.the smell I got working Cocobolo takes me right back to my early days when an old neighbour of mine who was bedridden used to let me smoke out of his old coco pipe.He saved me his tobacco tins and I guess thats where my love for smoking vaping began.

I really recommend the harder wood especially cocobolo.Its so nice to vape with.

The zap stems came with brass inserts which I did nt use.I removed the mesh screen from each of them and hammered them Alan style to increase their size to fit the brass 5/16 zap tube.The screen sits nice and firm against he dimple inside the brass in the zap stem.The stem fits the heat port of the Hi really well.I also noticed the thin wall gauge of the zap stem, .3mm maybe helps.There is less heat stolen from the Hi element during heat up,not that that is an issue:) .anyway I am enjoying playing.

Thanks To Ed and Alan for making it all happen continually.

Hey Jeppy Glad we moved on from that last page that girl/thing was starting to freak me right out:lol:

Top Bottom