The HI

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Just got an email from Alan, says cut into my blocks and is closer to getting them done! You all probably know exactly how I feel, its tough the excitement is building! Am super anxious to see those beauties spun and operating. I can only imagine how freaking sweet that Afzelia Burl is gonna be.

Thanks Alan for making my day! You are the MAN!

tuscan tins

Hey TV! I have one of those glass cigar things, it doesn't really fit alone, but your silicone bowls fit inside of them. You could probably rig something up :cool:

tuscan tins,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
the vv adapter is extra. no stems are included. i recommend getting the all glass gong stem, if you were to get only one stem, and get some nipples and tubing. that should get you rolling.

Hi Boobs.. I have kind of an embarrassing question but what exactly is a all glass gong stem? and is it something I can order through Alan when its my turn?

And same where you said "get some nipples and tubing" what exactly are they and how does this all fit together with the glass gong stem and the Tall HI I will get???

And I attach tubing and use the HI like a Whip unit? Is that how it all works?

Is it all this below that PB88 posted?

Sorry for my confusion...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From PB88:

The stem I use the most are the $10 Silicone/Glass turbo tube with $7 glass nipple followed by the $30 all glass gong stem with $7 glass nipple.

For direct draw I stick my ThermoVape mouthpiece into the silicone.

Here is a picture of the stems I have.

From left to right
Silicone/Glass turbo tube with glass nipple
Silicone Turbo Tube with glass nipple
All glass Turbo Tube with glass nipple

They were just cleaned before the picture so you will see some water drops.

laWgb.jpg

Thanks!

tig420

Just bought another Ud last week then got the urge for the Pax two nights ago and today i get home from work and i have a email from alan saying its my time!!! vape overload but fuck it im stoked!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Just bought another Ud last week then got the urge for the Pax two nights ago and today i get home from work and i have a email from alan saying its my time!!! vape overload but fuck it im stoked!

Lucky.

How long was your wait?

BigDaddyVapor,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Hi Boobs.. I have kind of an embarrassing question but what exactly is a all glass gong stem? and is it something I can order through Alan when its my turn?

And same where you said "get some nipples and tubing" what exactly are they and how does this all fit together with the glass gong stem and the Tall HI I will get???

And I attach tubing and use the HI like a Whip unit? Is that how it all works?

Is it all this below that PB88 posted?

Sorry for my confusion...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From PB88:

The stem I use the most are the $10 Silicone/Glass turbo tube with $7 glass nipple followed by the $30 all glass gong stem with $7 glass nipple.

For direct draw I stick my ThermoVape mouthpiece into the silicone.

Here is a picture of the stems I have.

From left to right
Silicone/Glass turbo tube with glass nipple
All glass Turbo Tube with glass nipple

They were just cleaned before the picture so you will see some water drops.

laWgb.jpg

Thanks!

ok homie everything is in that pic. the all glass gong tube or all glass turbo tube is the one on the right. the small glass thingy that you see on top of all the stems are glass nipples. the tubing is what holds it together like in pic not to use as whip, but you can still do a whip setup if you like. :)

ilovebOObs,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So since I don't ever plan on using the HI with anything other than a water piece, I really don't need anything other than the all glass turbo tube, right?

Obviously need to read more on the tubes... but all the different ones are confusing to me. I just want something built by a craftsman, healthy, can give me monster rips off glass pieces. Yeah, I can do it with a MFLB, but some glass pieces... its a boatload of work. I do it mostly for the novelty of it (and challenge), for the video. Otherwise the videos are pretty boring.

But, I still want those monster rips on larger pieces, without having to work so hard for it.

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'd get a SS nipple as well BDV, for just a few bucks more.

It holds less product and gives about 3 to 5 hits depending on how you pack & the quality of your herbs, but they are so dense, tasty & satisfying. The small size also makes it great for conserving your herbs when your a bit low on stash.

I now have a shorty GonG CRZ stem too thanks to Cluffy (thanks again man) & I really like that one too. The bowl is about 2mm smaller then the smallest end of Alan's ss nipple (it's reversible) which makes it a little easier to dump the load which I do after every hit to stir.

Just finishing another batch of all glass roasting tubes. They seem to go so quickly. Almost every HI order has included at least one. The deep roasting bowl and no stop on the HI center tube allows you to position it about anywhere you want within the roasting bowl. A great way to vary the roasting temperature.

Not just that, but it also gives you great freedom in just how much product you want to use.

I find most vaporizers have an 'ideal bowl load' with which they function the best, but with the GonG stems and the open design of the HI I can use as little or as much as I want to which is a really nice option to have.

Good luck with your back problems btw. I've been having them for years too as well so I know what that's like.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I always wonder if my bud contains spores or whatnot when i suck the weed in the stem like that & feel particles hitting the back of my throat...has anyone else who does that ever wondered if it could be a health risk perhaps? Many of us do this because we want to keep our lungs healthy after all.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I always wonder if my bud contains spores or whatnot when i suck the weed in the stem like that & feel particles hitting the back of my throat...has anyone else who does that ever wondered if it could be a health risk perhaps? Many of us do this because we want to keep our lungs healthy after all.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I've noticed it depends on the freshness and coarseness of grind. Sucking up the smaller bits at the grinder bottom is when I tend to feel it. I've not wondered about any health risks, though. I'd like to know as well.

Vapinghole,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
It's more what gets in to your lungs that worries me, I don't think the everclear gets to it there.

Not that they sell that stuff over here.. :shrug:

Will you ship me a bottle? :haw:

OhTheAgony,

tuscan tins

I don't think it's legal to ship alcohol to certain states, be careful :cool: .
I do feel particles hitting my tongue and throat, very dry and unpleasant. OTA, try doubling up screens to make an ultra-fine mesh. I did that to vape some kief and it worked well.

tuscan tins,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I dont know what it is but with Ilovboobs Pic and all this talk about nipples, Its got me going CRAZY...:razz:

Kuroth1,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't think it's legal to ship alcohol to certain states, be careful :cool: .
I do feel particles hitting my tongue and throat, very dry and unpleasant. OTA, try doubling up screens to make an ultra-fine mesh. I did that to vape some kief and it worked well.

That's ok, I do not live in a state :p

I was just kidding man, I shouldn't be taken serious unless I talk about vapes I guess ;)

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not certain an extra screen would keep out harmful particles if there are any. The safest way seems to just insert the herbs manually.

Or if our stupid government would just legalese growing already we could set up a policy to properly test anything before it leaves the farmer, like I think they do in most of your dispensaries.

I do have friends who only use mj when they know where it comes from (either grown by themselves or growers they trust), but I'm not in such a luxury position myself.

OhTheAgony,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Ed - I need to finish up a couple of other units and then will be ready to turn yours. Hopefully, I can get a matching stem out of the wood for each unit. That sindora burl is like two completely different colored woods. One HI will be tan and the other mauve in color. Both from the same chuck of wood.

staticsunn - Thanks for the report. They look closer to the Vapor Bat in size and configuration.

tig420 - You can never have too many vaporizers. Glad to hear you will now have a HI. I will have to show off my personal collection some day.

Kuroth1 - Hope you have a better handle on the tubes. Thanks for the explanation bOObs. There are a lot of different ways to configure and use them. It is fun to try different styles. The silicone in just the right size to make a seal in a 14mm glass joint for use with water filtration.

BigDaddyVapor - The all glass roasting tube will give you the best air flow and least air drag of all my tubes. I have seen it produce very large clouds of vapor. Definitely a good way to go.

PB88123 - Thanks for posting the video. I still don't know how you get the glass nipple to stay in the end of the all glass roasting tube. Maybe enough oil builds up to hold it in place. Glad you are enjoying the glass nipples.

OhTheAgony - I wouldn't think there should be a worry of spores unless your herb is moldy. There should be no more spores or dry herb than there are naturally occurring in the air at all times. Particles that do make it through the roasting tube will mostly impact and stick to your wet tongue and mouth. Those particles are fairly light in weight and smooth so they will get expelled from your lungs easily. Pieces of insulation fiber on the other hand are sharp and can become deeply lodged in the lungs. Fibrous insulation in a vaporizer (especially around the air intake) should be avoided to minimize the health risk.

It is possible to get the everclear to your lungs. If you place a dirty cotton swab still wet with everclear in a roasting tube, you will get vapors of alcohol that go directly to your lungs. I remember that alcohol vaporizers were popular a few years ago.

placetime

It is possible to get the everclear to your lungs. If you place a dirty cotton swab still wet with everclear in a roasting tube, you will get vapors of alcohol that go directly to your lungs. I remember that alcohol vaporizers were popular a few years ago.

Just fyi, some say that vaporizing alcohol is dangerous/risky:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2004/09/vaporize_me.html
http://www.gotvape.com/alcohol-vaporizer.html

I dig seeing all the different roasting tube variations people are using! Having used a PD, CRZ, and UD (but no HI), with a variety of tubes, I agree with something Alan has said multiple times--the specifics/details of a roasting tube have a huge impact on the ease and efficiency of use of a log vape. IME, a user (especially a newbie) can have either a wonderful experience or a frustrating experience with a log vape (or anywhere in-between) , based solely on the roasting tube used. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,
Top Bottom