The HI

u bwade wunner

thanks boobs .I saw youre little nug jar on another post.Jeez Man! if R Paul wins Im emigrating there for sure.:ko:

With the SS tip I slide my stem into the hot heat port, draw on the stem and then just as the vapor taste starts to get too hot, I pull the stem out and draw cool room air into the hot vapor and pull it on back.pretty sweet man.The Hi extracts such a lot in one go that a little cool air coming into the mix at the end won t make a big change to your e hit but does cool it nicely.

there must be a few other Hi's working away living the dream out there.Pls don t be shy.Id love to see what you roll with.

u bwade wunner,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Awesome, u bwade wunner!! Thanks for the encouragement and for sharing your photos.

Vapinghole,

Hagbard Celine

All these different stems and tip accessories are really amazing. But a bit confusing. I'm interested in which stems will work with a UD and a PD? Are there glass and/or wooden stems available that will work with both oe either of these vapes?

Hope this isnt considered off-topic. I'm actually on the HI waiting list as well. And it looks like Alan is selling these stems separately for use in these other vapes. I just havent quite made sense of them all yet. Thanks.

Hagbard Celine,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
u bwade wunner- Thanks for posting the pics. Love the organized storage basket. Glad you are enjoying the HI. Slow roasting is a great way to enjoy it. It is all about the airflow. The stainless slide tip in the 3/8" silicone tip is one combination I have not tried yet. I love how flexible and versatile the tubes can be.

Hope I sent you an email back DaProfessor. I'm trying to get all emails answered, but may have accidentally missed one or two.

Hagbard Celine - All my roasting tubes but the slide or thread tip ones will work with the UD and PD (won't fit inside). I have heard that some UDs will accept the slide or thread tip tubes, but can't guarantee it. I have not tried any of my tubes with a PD so I can't say which would be best. The silicone turbo tubes would provide the best seal. The UD is very similar in performance to the HI so the all glass turbo tube would work well if you want something for water filtration. I should have a combination that will work for you.

Alan,
Reactions: Jeppy

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I personally find the all glass turbo tube is the best tube I have used for water filtration with my HI and UD's. I use a small silicone sleeve at the bowl end of the turbo tube to help create a better seal.

Hagbard Celine

Hagbard Celine - All my roasting tubes but the slide or thread tip ones will work with the UD and PD (won't fit inside). I have heard that some UDs will accept the slide or thread tip tubes, but can't guarantee it.

TV - When you say the tubes 'wont fit inside' are you referring to both the UD and PD? I understand that the UD normally uses a tip that slides over the heating port and not inside, so I get that. But if the tip of the tubes dont fit inside the PD, how are they being used - does the tip of the tube just rest flush on top of the PD heating port? Having trouble figuring that out.

I have heard that some UDs will accept the slide or thread tip tubes, but can't guarantee it.

I would love to know if this actually works with a UD. IMO, one of the best possible scenarios is finding a tube with a tip that fits inside the UD heating port. The main advantage here (at least I think) would be that a tip that fits inside would have a slightly smaller bowl size that would help to conserve a little more herb.

I personally find the all glass turbo tube is the best tube I have used for water filtration with my HI and UD's. I use a small silicone sleeve at the bowl end of the turbo tube to help create a better seal.

Which is the 'all-glass turbo tube' and how does it differ from the normal 'turbo tube'? Is there a link showing these?

Thanks guys.

Hagbard Celine,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I would [COLOR=#ffff00 said:
love [/COLOR]to know if this actually works with a UD. IMO, one of the best possible scenarios is finding a tube with a tip that fits inside the UD heating port. The main advantage here (at least I think) would be that a tip that fits inside would have a slightly smaller bowl size that would help to conserve a little more herb.

IMO, unless you have a VV power supply for the UD the UD will run too hot for the SS tip to be inserted. You will end up charring material.

Here is one picture of the all glass turbo tube and it with a silicone sleeve on the second link. This is the way I use mine as well.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-13
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-14

Don't be afraid to do a little research on your own :tup: A little reading can go a long way :2c:

Gonzo,

Hagbard Celine

IMO, unless you have a VV power supply for the UD the UD will run too hot for the SS tip to be inserted. You will end up charring material.

Hadnt even considered that. Might be true. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here is one picture of the all glass turbo tube and it with a silicone sleeve on the second link. This is the way I use mine as well.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-13
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-14

Thanks this helps. So if I understand correctly, both tubes in those pictures are considered 'all glass turbo tubes' but with 2 different options. And the typical 'turbo tube' would differ from these in that they are made from a polypropylene material. And I assume the regular turbo tubes would only be available with the standard SS tip or a silicone tip option.

And for the sake of completion, are any of the above options still available in a wooden tube? I've seen posts and pics in this thread, but havent heard mention of them in a while.

Don't be afraid to do a little research on your own :tup: A little reading can go a long way :2c:

Thanks, I know. Believe me, I havent lacked for reading. I've followed every page of the HI, UD and PD threads since page one. Mines more of a case of information overload. Just trying to keep it all straight here in one spot now for ease in finding the info.

Hagbard Celine,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
The beauty of the Alan's all glass gong turbo tube is it ca be used as all glass, glass with SS tip, or glass with silicone sleeve.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Just trying to keep it all straight here in one spot now for ease in finding the info.
Hey, I can appreciate you asking all these questions. It is the only way to learn if you have nothing at your hands. You're actually doing me a favor. However, questions should remain specific to the forum. Check out all the forums. Welcome, by the way.

Jeppy,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Which tube is the best for direct draw?

this is just a matter of preference, i recommend getting a few different tubes to test . each one will gave you a different experience. but my current favorite is the glass turbo tube with a glass tip.

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I use my zap stems in my UD and it does not char my material. I have evenly vaped dark brown abv.

Let me clarify, some of the UD's will run very hot depending on wood type and size. Those hotter running models will char material with the SS tip, some will not.

Gonzo,

SD_haze

Let me clarify, some of the UD's will run very hot depending on wood type and size. Those hotter running models will char material with the SS tip, some will not.
+1, mine definitely doesn't

SD_haze,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
this is just a matter of preference, i recommend getting a few different tubes to test . each one will gave you a different experience. but my current favorite is the glass turbo tube with a glass tip.

Good idea, bOObsy! I'll do just that!

Vapinghole,

Hagbard Celine

Hey, I can appreciate you asking all these questions. It is the only way to learn if you have nothing at your hands. You're actually doing me a favor. However, questions should remain specific to the forum. Check out all the forums. Welcome, by the way.

Well I certainly dont mean any offense or wish to belabor a point. But Alan sells so many interesting options for stems and accessories for his own, as well as other vapes out there. So I'm not sure why discussions on these stems would be considered off topic at all. I would expect Alan might appreciate the additional exposure and sales. :)

Hagbard Celine,

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Really really interested in one of these...

Would an old PD stem fit into this, or could it be made to fit? I ask this because I have some nice ClearDome glass stems that I would hate to part with.

ioright,
Really really interested in one of these...

Would an old PD stem fit into this, or could it be made to fit? I ask this because I have some nice ClearDome glass stems that I would hate to part with.

PD stems won't fit into the HI by default. Specifically, the outside diameter of the SS tip in the PD stem is just a little too small, so the stem rattles around in the HI a lot, much more so than with the PD. Whether or not you'd still get even roasting, I'm not sure. Doubtful, given the surplus of room air you'd be introducing into the mix.

OKcomputer,

VapeVoice

I am having one hell of a time trying to find out where I can buy one of these. Anyone know?

VapeVoice,

VapeVoice

Well that will do it I guess. I was doing a google search looking for a retailer. I am new here so don't know everyones sense of humor yet and I may be being naive here. but, is it just a waiting list or do you really have to be selected as well?

VapeVoice,
Top Bottom