The HI

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^
I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to check with Alan....
I'm pretty sure they are not meant to be left on 24/7 and with the fairly quick heat up time (15 min) it really isn't necessary.

momofthegoons,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, perhaps you were going about it in a smarter way then me mom.

I was just going through some of Alan's older posts and it seems I may have gotten it wrong after all:
post 11

OhTheAgony,
^^^^^
I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to check with Alan....
I'm pretty sure they are not meant to be left on 24/7 and with the fairly quick heat up time (15 min) it really isn't necessary.

The HI is designed for 24/7 operation, as stated in the first post of the thread. Mom, I think our units run hotter on the outside due to their wood type/grain characteristics. At the max setting on the VV, mine feels too hot on the outside for me to feel comfortable about leaving it that way overnight, so I generally leave it at about 50% when I'm not actually using it. (This setting, by the way, happens to be plenty warm enough to get quite a bit of vapor from a bowl with very little browning. A lot is said about how the HI is a heavy-hitter, but it's actually great for low-temp vaping when dialed down as well).

I'm curious: those of you with wood types besides Yew and Bocote, how hot does the exterior of your HI get at, let's say, vapor-bonging temperatures?

OKcomputer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think our units run hotter on the outside due to their wood type/grain characteristics.
I think you're on to something OK. (and of course, I was not awake enough to even think about looking at the first post... :doh: ) I didn't even think about dialing down ... Hmmmm.... might be time to step away from the vape a little earlier .... I'm not thinking straight anymore :lol:

momofthegoons,

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Sorry to hear you broke one of the new tips already ilovebOObs. Good thing you have a spare. Hope you are having luck with your new glass roasting chamber.

Thanks for the idea FORE567. There are so many ways you can use the HI.
If you like a whip, you will like another one of my creations. I took a 250ml filter flask and installed a poly down tube that has a dozen or so tiny holes drilled near the bottom end using a good grade silicone stopper. The down tube is open on the bottom, so I added a ring of silicone tubing at the very bottom of the tube that seals with the bottom of the flask. The vapor can only exit the tiny drilled holes. The tube is very easy to clean since the bottom is open. The top of the silicone stopper is open to accept a 10mm glass turbo tube. The turbo tube mounts vertically so the HI is connected from above the tube. A silicone whip attaches to the glass sidearm on the filter flask. I loop the whip around and secure it to the neck of the flask. This makes it completely spill proof. There is no carb. Just continue to draw in fresh air which cools down the herb and captures any vapors still being produced. It is a fairly small chamber and clears quickly. The poly tubes can also be used in the silicone stopper. It could be used hands free with a stainless steel bowl. I just always like to hold on to the HI when I'm using it.

SecretStoner - Sorry to hear you have roommates that don't care for the smell of vapor. It can be problematic. Reducing the amount of vapor exhaled might help a bit. That doesn't allow you to take very bit hits though. Using the aromatherapy cup before and after might help too if you find a scent your roommates enjoy. A battery pack would definitely make your life easier. I have run my TT from a 5 amp hour sealed battery in my backpack for about 3 or 4 hours. A smaller battery would definitely give you the time you need to step outside. You just can't get the performance you need from residual heat. It needs to be plugged in. The HI also cools much faster than other designs with heavier cores.

Sorry that I can't give you an estimated delivery date VapingDitto. Still trying to get a handle on things. I don't want to sacrifice quality for quantity.

Sad to here the crack has gone the full length OKcomputer. Nice to know it has not affected the performance. Will definitely get you a replacement unit though.

The new glass tips are mostly covered with silicone u bwade wunner. That may help for accidents. Haven't dropped one yet to find out.

Alan,

mestizo

Hi Alan,

Any way you could post a picture of your battery setup or explain what is needed to attach the battery
to the HI, I found several 5 Amp batteries online but I can't figure out how to connect it to the unit itself.

Thanks.

mestizo,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Hi Alan,

Any way you could post a picture of your battery setup or explain what is needed to attach the battery
to the HI, I found several 5 Amp batteries online but I can't figure out how to connect it to the unit itself.

Thanks.

i'm pretty sure Alan doesn't have a battery pack atm, or otherwise i would of gotten one :) but look back to page 12, they was some talks of DIY pack. i tried contacting the moxie guy about his pack but he is not selling them anymore.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
The moxie battery pack is same as vapolution,vapir oxygen etc.. it is 10 x 1.2 V batteries AA (like mflb) ..
Sry for off-topic.. is the moxie guy out of business or he just doesnt sell battery packs ? :p

Abysmal Vapor,

mestizo

i'm pretty sure Alan doesn't have a battery pack atm, or otherwise i would of gotten one :) but look back to page 12, they was some talks of DIY pack. i tried contacting the moxie guy about his pack but he is not selling them anymore.
I like the one posted by Elmomuzz on post #280, I found all the main components online but I can't figure
out all the wiring involved.

mestizo,

ilovebOObs

The moxie battery pack is same as vapolution,vapir oxygen etc.. it is 10 x 1.2 V batteries AA (like mflb) ..
Sry for off-topic.. is the moxie guy out of business or he just doesnt sell battery packs ? :p

yea he still doing business, he told me he was working on a newer battery pack, but who know when that will be.

I like the one posted by Elmomuzz on post #280, I found all the main components online but I can't figure
out all the wiring involved.

yea i'm still interest in his idea too, maybe try emailing him.

ilovebOObs,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think you can wire it directly to a jack :) .. The vape takes only as much as it needs..

Abysmal Vapor,

ilovebOObs

Sigh.... have I not warned you all about giving Alan more ideas? :lol:

Sorry to hear you broke one of the new tips already ilovebOObs. Good thing you have a spare. Hope you are having luck with your new glass roasting chamber.

i think i just came up with the ultimate turbo tube. baby cloud anyone?

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
*sighs*

I hope mine will be as pretty as yours Boobs. I thought those AVs were taller btw.

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

hahaha Stu, yeah she help me get through a long work day. let me know if your serious i'll send it.

OTA, i got the smaller version. they come on 2 sizes.

wow now i really can't put it down, its smoother then ever.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom