The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Hi Alan,

Any way you could post a picture of your battery setup or explain what is needed to attach the battery
to the HI, I found several 5 Amp batteries online but I can't figure out how to connect it to the unit itself.

Thanks.

I made my power cable for my battery. It is some speaker wire that I attached a plug to one end. The wires on the other end just connect to the battery clips. You can make the power cable about as long as you need.

Love the ultimate turbo tube / baby cloud ilovebOObs. Great thinking. So much fun creating new devices and tubes. Nice to see others doing it too.

Alan,

placetime

nope it is an aquavape from vaporfection. the small size

so anyone can just order one and make one themself.
that's a great vid iloveboobs! until now, i don't think i've seen any pics of the small AV that show scale, much less a video. thanks! :clap:

placetime,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
that's a great vid iloveboobs! until now, i don't think i've seen any pics of the small AV that show scale, much less a video. thanks! :clap:

Here's a couple more pics for some scale on the small AV. bOObs' idea is off the charts. Love it!

image2wv.jpg

image3syn.jpg

Vapinghole,
Reactions: placetime

Gan

Boobs, you've inspired me to buy a small aquavape. How exactly did you set it up? Do the SS tips just fit right inside of it? Sorry if this sounds dumb, I've yet to get my HI so I don't know how all of the parts look/work.

When my HI order comes through, what should I additionally purchase to be able to utilize the small Aquavape?

Gan,

mestizo

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I found all the necessary parts for a nice portable battery at Amazon for under $40.00, below are the items names and numbers if anybody else is interested, I even found a right angle plug for the HI, I chose the 4.5 amp over the 5.0 because of the free shipping, I don't think .5 amp will make a difference.
I don't think I have properly introduced myself, I'm the proud owner of the Blood Wood unit in the picture on post #300.

Thanks again Alan.

12V 4.5Ah SLA Rechargable Battery for Security Systems
Right Angle DC Power Plug w/6' cable 2.1mm I.D. 5.5 O.D. : tc210
UPG D1724 sealed lead acid battery charger (6v/12v switchable single stage with alligator clips)
IIT 26050 Insulated alligator clips - 10 pcs.

mestizo,

placetime

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I found all the necessary parts for a nice portable battery at Amazon for under $40.00, below are the items names and numbers if anybody else is interested, I even found a right angle plug for the HI, I chose the 4.5 amp over the 5.0 because of the free shipping, I don't think .5 amp will make a difference.
I don't think I have properly introduced myself, I'm the proud owner of the Blood Wood unit in the picture on post #300.

Thanks again Alan.

12V 4.5Ah SLA Rechargable Battery for Security Systems
Right Angle DC Power Plug w/6' cable 2.1mm I.D. 5.5 O.D. : tc210
UPG D1724 sealed lead acid battery charger (6v/12v switchable single stage with alligator clips)
IIT 26050 Insulated alligator clips - 10 pcs.

Depending on how exactly you're going to use it, I would consider SLA batteries to be pretty heavy to lug around, imho. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,

mestizo

• 3.54" x 2.76" x 4" pretty small, don't you think?
Mod Note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts.

mestizo,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
glad everyone like my turbo tube idea.
here is what you need to make one.
-aquavape
-glass roasting tip/tubing and a screen. Alan sells all this stuff. i recommend getting a few glass roasting tubes to mess around with.

p3093683.jpg

p3093684.jpg

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
So, just to check if I get that, you fill that roasting tube with herb and then it goes inside the heaterport?

& what's the diameter of that piece of silicon?

OhTheAgony,

ilovebOObs

don't know the exact size of the tubing, its just the standard turbo tube tubing Alan uses. the glass tip just sits right on top of the heat port, doesn't go in.
p3093686.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
How good of a seal do you get with the tubes sitting on top of the heat port?

Jeppy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I love this idea bOObs. I think I'd prefer to use one of Alan's ss tips, however, so that the stem tip would go inside the heatport.

ilovebOObs

the seal is pretty good, i get super massive clouds.

mom i tried with ss tube too, it was good too. but i kinda prefer the glass atm. the beauty of this is you can swap out the tips if you want too.
p3093690.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I just have a hard time getting a good seal with the glass tip just resting on the top of the heatport. But, that's me. Different stem tips for different folks. :D I'm glad it is working well for you.

momofthegoons,

mestizo

My mistake. I thought you were referring to this battery http://tinyurl.com/6wxwdjc , which is 12 pounds. Still not a huge amount of weight, but I wouldn't want to stand around holding that in my hands for any extended period. :)
Yeah, that's the one I'm referring to but the weight is wrong, for that size to be that heavy it has to be made of a pretty heavy metal, If you look at similar batteries of the same size and price they are only. 3.5 lb.
The plug cord is 6 ft. no need to hold the battery in your hands.

mestizo,

GratefulVapor

Phish Head
Ok, I guess I definitely am getting a new vape, since the Cloud is so far off. Log vapes seem good to me..as I understand its easy to run through glass, correct? I've gone over the first pages of this thread, but thats old stuff.. I need to know if what I think is true, that its got the variable voltage thing and GonG stem? Where and/or how do I place an order for one of these?!!!? Thanks guys :cool:

GratefulVapor,

ilovebOObs

shoot Alan an email, its on the first page. the HI works great with glass!!!

ilovebOObs,

EyeFonez

Herb Roaster
GratefulVapor the Hi is great for glass and is available with the variable voltage if necessary. If I'm not mistaken the vv power supply is an extra 15$

There is also a 14 mm glass gong stem Alan has created and he also has something for 18mm if needed.

The best way to place an order is to shoot Alan an email (alan@toasty-top.com) or even try a PM on the new site

Hope that helps!

u bwade wunner

Looks choice boobs.looks like it was made for the Hi Man..speaking of glass,I have made enquiries about a cloud like hydratube. It will be worth the wait and the right price too and available to all.I have approached a few different glass blowers and its pretty definite it will drop down sometime in may/june sooner.nothing else mmmkay.

Boobs and anybody else I wanted to know How is the draw on the new smaller spherical glass tube while youre hitting? Do you get any restriction? I found the SS tip was harder to pull vapor through.I found I had just a little restiction of airflow through the herb while using the SS tip.Im probablly not packing it right.I ll try some more testing today.I ve been using the all glass larger bowl and the wooden stem again with the larger bowl sitting over the outside of the element with excellent results.you pack the bowl pretty full and take 3 hits and the full bowl becomes a tiny amount of darkened brown crumbs in the bottom of the bowl.It looks pitiful.Damn My cookies won t be the same using the abv from the Hi.Its like something Nuclear went through it.any chance of a nuclear powered vape Alan? . I ve packed all my other vapes away into storage seriously.

The stealthness of this vape,Its tiny footprint, make the Hi and the solo ideal for home.the magic flight my choice for out and about.I will review the Hi in full with more piccys after I ve had more time with her. haven t used anything else in 6 days.It gets used quite a bit.

Oh and ladies/gents about the battery thing.Wont a small 12v motorcycle battery work too if you want to get you going out of the box?you can pick them up cheap from a bike breakers.you would just need to make a flylead with croc clips on the other end for the battery!

u bwade wunner,

ilovebOObs

the only issue i had with the ss tips were that they zapped all the heat out of my HI, so i have to wait longer between hits. when i use the ss tip i use course ground herb, i pack about 1/2 full max.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom