1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The HI

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Alan, Dec 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Vapinghole

Vapinghole Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

HI everyone! :wave: Been a while since I popped up here but I still follow my fellow JedHI every now and then.

@Alan - So much innovation. Such cool shit coming out of your magic shop. I'm happy to see you happy. The Force is strong as fuck with you, my brother.

After 3+ years, my two HIs still rock my world, reliably and with lots of soul.

Cheers!

P.A.M., Papa Woody, SSVUN~YAH and 7 others like this.
  2. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting a bamboo HI. My current HI is so beautiful and is such a unique shake.

P.A.M. and Vaponly like this.
  3. CurryLeafTreehugger

CurryLeafTreehugger Well-Known Member

I would love to have a bamboo HI but I have been watching your website off and on for awhile now and I never see them on there. How can I get one and how much do they cost now?

4. Alan

Alan Master JedHI Manufacturer

Sorry that I haven't got them up on the website. I have some glass heater cover units for $50 each and stainless steel heater cover units for $65 each.
    Send me an email to alan@toasty-top.com so we can discuss more.

5. scion34

scion34 Active Member

Besides the SS cover being more durable, is there any functional advantages over the SS vs glass heater cover?

6. Alan

The SS heater cover gets hotter than the glass heater cover at a given voltage, so it will produce larger clouds. The SS heater cover will accept the SS roasting tips and the glass heater cover will not. All of the other style of roasting tubes will work with both heater cover styles.

7. nomadicsoul34

nomadicsoul34 Well-Known Member

I feel like ive been on the list forever!

8. Chicken Charlie

Chicken Charlie MicroDose Cognoscente

A connoisseur's vaporizer; and well worth the wait. The end result will speak for itself in this convergence of art and function. Consider a well-rounded selection of roasting tubes to selectively relish the taste emanating from within. You will not be disappointed!

9. bodhi_naut

bodhi_naut Member

I love, love, love this driftwood. Is there a special queue for this? Or will it be sold through RBT?

Alan likes this.
  10. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Alan has a ONE List for all his products. You get on it, wait patiently and choose your medicine when your number is called :) its free to be on list!

Your projects are looking good , @Alan ! Keep em coming! I havent been writting you being away from my log & vaping all together due to new living arrangements and not being able to vape inside. Finally worked out a torch lighter to give my vapcap a chance and get back into vaping. I like what I read on your progress for a dual portable/plug-in unit. Wicked man!

For anyone looking for a quick fix while being on the list , buy one of Alan's Bamboo HI when he mentions having some available. They take him less time to build and he prices them to reflect that and then some!!! Great bang for buck. Nothing like owning a unit hand made by someone who is passionate about his work and solid as he is! Thank you, Alan, weed be lost without you! dont forgot to get HI throughout your hard work !

Alan, little maggie, Vaponly and 7 others like this.
  11. bodhi_naut

bodhi_naut Member

grokit, Vaponly and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  12. CurryLeafTreehugger

CurryLeafTreehugger Well-Known Member

So about glass vs stainless steel heater covers - if you have an adjustable power supple (as I do) and can turn up the voltage, then the glass will produce as big a cloud as the SS, right? If that is the case - is there then any difference between the two?

Vaponly likes this.
  13. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

To me the only difference is that the steel ones will accommodate more kinds of stems. I have some stems that have stainless steel in them and they won't work with the glass one. Probably a non issue if you plan on sticking with a few stems. Also, my favorite stem is wood and works as a stem or wong on almost all the vapes I use. Alan also made me a great whip. Actually I'm not sure that there's much in the vape/accessory arena that he can't make.

Alan, Vaponly, grokit and 2 others like this.
  14. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Where did you get that beautiful shellaced wood holder? The way you have everything organized, it looks like when you sit down for a sesh you think, 'hmmm, which child am I gonna favor today.' :cool:

Vaponly, grokit and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

Visiting my pooch earlier this week, I decided to plug in my Bamboo HI glass core for a sip. I hadn't used it in a few months due to living at girlfriends and not really having a vape room there..

I packed a Lil bit more then I usually do. I was also tired/exhausted prior to vaping. The HI knocked me right out!!! Lol

Taste, smoothness , buzz , etc ... it ain't no vapcap I'll tell you that! The HI is a heavyweight champion!

The glass core is truly a connaisseurs tool! Who ever mentioned that to me prior purchase was bang on and knows his/her herb. Absolute perfectness!

All the best to @Alan . Keep well my friend! IHeat video looks great ! I definitely will consider it for portable unit .

Bvapst, Vaponly, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  16. Alan

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your bamboo HI, even though it isn't as often. I still use my HI every day even though the iHeat gets the most use. Tough to have too many vaporizers.

Bvapst, Adobewan, Vaponly and 8 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors