The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks Jam and JJ420. I'm liking the new WonG shape. I just made a WonG tube that has a taper so long that it will fit into either a 14mm or an 18mm fitting. Waiting for some good light to get a picture.

exit - Thanks. The WonG tubes can be made with or without metal tubes. Any tube configuration is possible.

mvapes - Love the HIstand. I see that you have an o-ring on your Turbo Tube to help keep the silicone sleeve from moving. As the silicone absorbs oil, it will slide easier on the glass. I have given some silicone sleeves a PBW bath to try and remove the dark color. The color was not removed, but the silicone was tight on the glass again.
The 5/16" ss roasting tips have the ability to create some very dark clouds since the surface area of the screen is smaller which allows for more heat input per air flow area. There is more drag on the ss tips that with the outside style roasting tubes. It is sometimes fun to change it up and try different roasting tubes.
I have your new HI heating right now. It turned out very well. 1.25" in diameter which means the wood is only 1/8" thick. So tiny. Think I may have hit a limit. Hope there will be some good light tomorrow.

Jeppy - Great tunes. Thanks for posting.

al bundy - Hope you are having a fun time trying all the ways to roast with your HI.

mom - Thanks and I'm glad your friend is enjoying the top. I need to get some more of them turned so I can stay in practice. Still have a few HI's to turn though.

Still enjoying cotton filtration. Posted a photo of some clean and dirty filters in the Vaping with Cotton
thread. Volatilized oil particle size is the key to a smooth hit.

clarko

So my buddy is trying to switch from smoking to a vape. He just started school and is really broke. I told him that he could buy a cheap little used waterpipe with a perc or something. He just doesn't want to yet because of funds. It has pretty much come down to the dbv and the HI for him. He asked me if I could figure out if the HI can be used without a water pipe. I have not owned one myself and went on a quick search for the answer to this question with no prevail..

Can the HI be used without a waterpipe? Drawing straight from one of the tubes or somehow attach a cheap whip or something? If so is it really harsh, because of the short distance to your dome, with no whip?

clarko

ok thank you. I tried the search the thread function but it wasn't working too well for me, and I really did not feel like reading forever for my buddy. Thanks, and I'll tell him to get on a computer and read it lol.

clarko,
Reactions: mvapes

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks mom. I should probably post the photos of my tops in the Toasty Top thread. I also need to get a few more of them made.

clarko - I mostly use direct draw with my HI. The Vapor Lung is my apparatus of choice. I have found that it is the oil particle size that creates the feeling of harshness more than the temperature of the vapor. I add a cotton filter to my mouthpiece tube which removes the larger oil particles. Only the very fine oil particles make it to your lungs. My lips are only 3" from the screen and it is as smooth as can be. The oil covered cotton filter can be roasted for some incredible hits since it has so much exposed surface area.
Here is a link to some discussion of cotton filtration. Cotton Filtration

Someone asked me if I could make a WonG tube that would fit both 14 and 18 mm. I thought "why not".
Here is a tube that fits both 14mm and 18mm fittings. It can be fit with a 5/16" ss tip using a silicone sleeve or just roast using the wood (osage orange). It will only work if the 18mm joint is straight to allow the tube to pass though. I might make one with a step to make it shorter, but then it wouldn't look as elegant and smooth.

1418osageorangewongtube.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Finally got some good light yesterday to take a photo of mvapes spalted maple burl HI.
It sort of looks to me like a puppy dog head on the left side and the floppy dog ear is the beard of some guy with a big ear. The spalting is sort of in the shape of Florida. The wood seems to always hold surprises. The bottom is walnut burl and about the diameter of a half dollar coin.
Enjoying the possibilities of the new design.

spaltedmapleburlhi01-01.jpg

spaltedmapleburlhi01-02.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
OK, I've been stoned all day and that's when the brain starts working. I wanted to share some I am using with the Hi

This is a tube I rigged up today using a glass BHO extracter, an arizer elbow gong, and an 18mm keck clip along with some of Alan's tubing.

20130809_190716_zps0fe1e7ad.jpg

20130809_190751_zpseca0bad6.jpg

Whats great is the tube has so much space within it that you can either cotton fill, ice perhaps, even carbon if your into that.

20130809_190800_zps5e014b91.jpg

It has it's own stand...

20130809_190851_zps8e1d64d4.jpg

Have to throw in a milk shot

2013-08-09185609_zpsbaf4cf37.png

The hits on what I call the bomb tube are AWESOME!

Top Bottom