The HI

Papa Woody

"The vapor is strong with this one"-Obi Onda Woody
Simply beautiful Hisaber mvapes! Just perfect.

OK, I have finally been granted leave from the Jedi Academy. 3 weeks of intensive training in a totally dark room with the only light coming from my VVPS saying "11.8, 11.8, 11.8". OMG, what have I gotten myself into...you can seriously decapitate yourself easily by swinging your Hisaber around. Good thing I have the ability to grow a new head as needed.
Those who are on the list, you will need to immediately master Yoda's Barcalounger Maneuver. The training starts by having you climb into your favorite reclining chair. Heat the Hisaber to operating temperature, load up your tube, then ( and this is an important proper dry pipe positional technique) kick up the leg rest, lie back into full recline mode, put the roasting tube in your mouth pointing upwards and bring your upside down Hisaber onto your tube. Then turn on Pink Floyd The Wall movie and reload the tube over and over again. Wow, whatta amazing little tool the Hisaber is.
I am one very very satisfied customer. The Hisaber fits in my hand as if I've owned it for years. Just feels natural. Ass kickin' comes naturally too!

Obi Onda Woody

Last edited:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks everyone. This new design is allowing so many more possibilities. I even figured out how to hold onto wood that is smaller than 1.5" so I can start with even smaller wood blanks. A briar burl HI might even be a possibility.

CentiZen - That tube started as a solid rod of polypropylene. I machine it just like I do the wood and bamboo tubes to get the taper. I grind the taper on the glass tubes with the same machine.
The mini VVPS project is looking good so far. I am excited to finally see a product like this on the market.

mvapes - Thanks for posting all of the photos of your new HIsaber. I still can't believe how thin I was able to the wood. Since it is so thin, it can't hold / transfer very much heat to your hands. There is very little additional load on your glassware since it is so light in weight.
The WonG tube with the stainless steel tip is made from the same wood as the base. A walnut burl that looks crazy in direct sunlight. It was tough packing that one up to send out.
I don't have any experience with those mini tattoo machines. There has been some discussion in the power supply thread. Apparently some people have reported hearing a high pitch with them. Older people can't hear that pitch anymore so it might not be a problem for you.

Papa Woody - Glad to hear your HIsaber training has paid off. It is hard to put it down once you start swinging it around. It does a serious job.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I would say get CentiZen's MVVPS. You might want to try a cheaper quality one in the mean time. The lower price one might be the best option because you will need to spend a more money for the cord anyhow. You can't really use the cord that comes with the more expensive one (except for tattooing).
I just ordered an Elfin Power EP-1 mini tattoo machine to try out. That looks like it might be promising. It might work well with your counter-top situation with all the cords attaching to the back. I won't get it for a couple of weeks so won't be able to offer any recommendations for it.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am loving this ss roasting tube/wong. It is like smoking a fine cigar.

20130816_202919_zpsf6ec7533.jpg

She only holds a small amount but the extraction is insane.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I own a VAPOLUTION 2.0 because it's all glass, you can leave it on for up to 8 hours, taste is incredible.

I have been looking to get a log vape for a while and the HEAT ISLAND is very impressive looking!

Is there any chance any of you might have experience with both vapes? I am interested in getting a log vape since it's easier to use with a water path and can be left running for longer. Plus I'm honestly not a huge fan of the rolling-a-pellet-of-nug packing method of the VAPOLUTION 2.0.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my concerns, and maybe if I like what I hear I could be the new owner of a HEAT ISLAND?

P.S. Is there any steel/metal at all in the WonG stems? I'd be interested in a WonG and a GonG for when I want to use it thru water...

I didn't see a response to this, and both of these vapes are among my favorites so I'll give it a stab.

The VAP2 is the best tasting of any vape I've tried and I don't see how it can get any better...100% glass. It's easy to use, has built in variable temp control and is cheap as shit with the fc forum discount code. I also think it is very efficient since we are not knocking lots of goodies off the bud during grinding with that pellet system. It's a little bulky and I don't like how the glass aiw bowl spins pretty freely. It also feels pretty cheap with its thin plastic shell and I find it too restrictive for using with a bubbler...and to go through the bubbler you have to add silicone to the airpath which negates it's best quality...taste.

I put the VAP2 in the log family due to its internal airflow design and how you hit it, but The HI is a different experience. The HI is the exact opposite of the VAP2 in terms of ergonomics. It's super small and light and is absolutely gorgeous, with each one being unique. You want to display this thing. The taste is not as good (nothing is) as the VAP2, but the options seem endless. Alan is always coming out with new stems and designs/add-ons. The airflow is wide open and suits a water path well. You can get massive hits with the HI, so much so that I put it in the heavy hitter category with my other big hitters like the Cloud, Sub, and LSV. And $130 seems like a steal for this kind of craftsmanship. It's a nearly perfect vape and for me only has one flaw...the power supply. I have one of those cheap ebay ones with a home-made wire and they overwhelm the light weight of the HI. I am hoping centizen's project turns out well so that is no longer a problem. That being said, I am aware that this is a much bigger issue for me than others, as there are tons of people on here completely enjoying it.

I think using the VAP2 until you get your HI is a great idea. The VAP2 wins on availability, but there is something different about owning a log vape, especially one of Alan's. You feel like a family with him always on here and responding and you truly have a one of a kind piece of art that you will get attached to. If my VAP2 breaks, no big deal...it's just plastic and glass and I can get another quickly and cheaply. But if my HI breaks...ouch! I will feel an emotional loss, and I can't say that about my other vapes.

toros23

I have one of those cheap ebay ones with a home-made wire and they overwhelm the light weight of the HI.

Hey sticks - I had same problem and found that using an extension cord to connect from my home-made cord to the HI can make this much less of an issue. Just gotta be sure the extension cord is soft/flexible like the one Dave (UD) sells. The extra length also makes it less likely to pull on the HI, at least in my setup.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks, Toros. I got myself one of those and it does indeed help things out. I know I'm being picky here, but I hate taking a four piece vvps (the unit and three wires) that looks like it was put together by the redneck that I am, and then attaching it to my gorgeous HI. There's just got to be a better solution for something as nice as this...come on centizen!!!

al bundy

Vaporist
You can use a 12 volt for now though The No2 power supply puts out 13 volts and should fit the Hi. (I see the No2 in your sig.)

al bundy,
Reactions: mvapes

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Holy crap Mvapes...that new HI you got there IS the classiest vaporizer I have ever seen.

I don't secretly want to shank you or anything and take it...;)

I emailed Alan to get in line as soon as I saw it. Love the size. I know it will be a while but I can't wait to get mine. I'm a combuster trying to make the full switch.

I guess I'll start saving for a new piece of glass while I wait. How would you connect the HI to a 14mm male joint? Seen lots of stuff for female joints.

ogcook

I emailed Alan to get in line as soon as I saw it. Love the size. I know it will be a while but I can't wait to get mine. I'm a combuster trying to make the full switch.

I guess I'll start saving for a new piece of glass while I wait. How would you connect the HI to a 14mm male joint? Seen lots of stuff for female joints.
Easy enough to find a 14-14 Female to Female adapter.
I personally have some adapters from OGB and they're top notch, can send him a message for custom ones too, I have mine angled to give me more room away from my glass. :tup:

u bwade wunner

Alan just made my day, made the list. Think I'm just going to go to sleep for a few seasons Van Winkle style, then check my mail. Thanks Alan!:bowdown:
I know how ya feel! This thread is a cool place to hang out, to help while you wait.Alan just keeps bringing along amazing work.

Mvapes has anyone else mentioned how nice that Hi of yours is:lol::tup:
How are you finding the HI medicates you,now that you ve been without the cloud these past few weeks? Is it doing the job ok?

Last edited:
Top Bottom