The Herbalizer

BuzzDanklin

Welcome to the club, Buzz!

First thing, lose the mouthpiece on the end of the whip if you want better airflow.
Then use an arizer elbow to connect it to water. The whip is killer because adapters can be easily installed and removed.
This might be my favorite unit to use with whole nuggets. Cram one in there and take a few hits. Once it is dry enough all the way through, crumble it up and put it back in and get ready for a face punch!
Later when the performance suffers, it is most likely screens that need a cleaning.

Just tried the Arizer Elbow with the Vapexhale Hydrotube. Really quick and easy to get that get setup and it worked perfect.

BuzzDanklin,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Let me know how that tube functions, @BuzzDanklin ...I don't see the center tube protection that is normally in the vxl HT's. Hopefully I just don't see it...make sure you know how to use it without leaking before putting it on top!

stickstones,

BuzzDanklin

@stickstones It's actually a dry mouthpiece. But I did make the mistake of trying to fill it with water before I looked closely at it, I assumed it was a HT as well haha :)

BuzzDanklin,

sixstringsmash

I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions I have about the herbie, I am looking into purchasing one. I currently own an underdog, a cloud evo, and a zephyr ion. I'm looking for something to replace the Ion because for as much as I love it, I feel like the quality of it has been slowly degrading over the past few years. Well anyway my main question would be about the efficiency of the unit. My biggest qualm with the ion was how much bud it would eat filling up bags. Is the bag system any more efficient with the herbalizer? Also I heard it has a 10 second heat up time, is this true? And my last question goes for cleaning, how easy/hard is it to clean the herbalizer? Thanks.

sixstringsmash,

MinnBobber

Really excited because today I got an Herbalizer! I already ordered the Delta3dStudios WPA, and I plan to attempt the Volcano Solid Valve bag mod, thanks @Winegums. Anything else that I should try or check out?
....................................................................................
With a very stationary desktop like Herbie, I find "bong style" hydratubes to be somewhat cumbersome/ hard to use in a group etc. You have to bend way over etc.
With my miniVAP in desktop mode (AC), it can be lifted/ passed etc
I had @Ratchett make a "bong style adapter" that allows you to have a whip come off the HT OR to place a glass mouthpiece, like this one from @Oregonglassblower, to raise the mouthpiece into a more ergonomic position.
There are many many ways to use herbie
3D%202%20whip.jpg

3D%203%20mp.jpg

Have fun with Herbie

virtualpurple

I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions I have about the herbie, I am looking into purchasing one. I currently own an underdog, a cloud evo, and a zephyr ion. I'm looking for something to replace the Ion because for as much as I love it, I feel like the quality of it has been slowly degrading over the past few years. Well anyway my main question would be about the efficiency of the unit. My biggest qualm with the ion was how much bud it would eat filling up bags. Is the bag system any more efficient with the herbalizer? Also I heard it has a 10 second heat up time, is this true? And my last question goes for cleaning, how easy/hard is it to clean the herbalizer? Thanks.

I think the herbalizer is very efficient overall, but the consensus by most is that the squeeze valve bag system leaves a lot to be desired.

I swapped over to the herbalizer solid valve kit with the herbalizer and think that it is the perfect upgrade.

virtualpurple,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
The Herbalizer is very efficient as it can hold its temperature very constant. It has several probes and a small computer to do this. Since there's no chance of burning you can vape everything out of the material.

The heat up time is sometimes longer than 10 seconds but it can't be more than 15 from cold to 445°F. The heat up time of my herbie has not changed over time what so ever.

The Herbalizer needs a bit of cleaning, most of all the top screen. The interior of the bowl should stay clean as long as you aren't using concentrates and the vapour path will collect the usual amount of gunk. Cleaning is easy and shouldn't need to be done all that often, besides that top screen.

Winegums,
Reactions: c76man

ReifierReefer

@BuzzDanklin Any chance you could make a video using the dry mouthpiece (or "steamroller" according to Herbalizer's website)?

I recently cleaned my Herbalizer's top screen after noticing a drop in performance (due to the top screen nearly clogging with oily residue) and now she's back to outperforming all of my vapes. It didn't initially occur to me to clean the top screen to improve performance because it appeared deceitfully clean. After every trench I brush the top screen and bowl to rid any ABV particles that could obstruct the vapor path, and I assumed that this would have been enough of a preventative measure to avoid such a significant drop in performance (bags were only filling up half way with wispy vapor). After worrying for a while that the fan was on it's way out or that the Herbalizer wasn't all it's cracked up to be (:lol:) I decided to thoroughly clean everything and voila, good as new.

virtualpurple

Herbalizer really dropped the ball with their bowl design. If the whip coupler were its own piece and the Herbie bowl was composed of two equal sides then one could just flip the bowl over every few sessions and the top screen now becomes the bottom screen and will clean up from the extra heat closer to the halogen bulb.

John Lewus

I have not posted in awhile because I have just been enjoying my setup and am on cruise control each night. I wanted to share with everyone my technique for getting insane cloud hit after hit after hit with oil in the herbalizer using hemp fiber. It is a different way to do it and it as close to 100% convection as you can get because it keeps the oil suspended in the fiber with virtually nothing touching anything with metal.

I find that shatter works best. You really want something that is somewhat solid at room temperature but melts easily like chocolate. Shatter does that for me. You can use oil but you need more hemp fiber to avoid a mess. Throw it in a fridge or freezer to make it more solid.

What I do is grab a wad of hemp fiber and use it to grab some shatter. Depending on how solid it is you can use the fan assist on the herbie at any temp to warm up the shatter and soften it. I then smash it between my fingers. It takes some technique to figure out the right hemp to shatter ratio so your hands don't get sticky. I make a small pancake out of the shatter and hemp fiber and then pull the hemp apart like gum to increase the surface area of the exposed shatter. I put that back in the bowl and crank it to 445. The first hit is reasonably thick and if you want you can take out the hemp fiber while it is warm and pull it apart even more. It is really gooey and sticky at this point so be careful. The thinner and longer you can pull the strands the more intense the hits will be. The last pic below is how thick it gets and a really small tube. You can barely see through it.

I put it back in and get 10 good hits after that. I pull it apart some more but by this point the hemp fiber starts to get a lot dryer and less sticky. I then get a few more good hits and they just become wispier and wispier.

Anyways I like to do this method so I can get 4 or 5 sessions in a row without having to change my bowl. Depending on the quality of your shatter the taste will dissipate about half way through but the hits will still be pretty strong. I love this method because it is the only type of hit I can hold deep for 20 seconds for an intense head rush. It is the fastest delivery method I have found.

ADQui80.jpg

rSRvIKw.jpg

aEwcSWZ.jpg

LpieGrg.jpg

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
@BuzzDanklin Any chance you could make a video using the dry mouthpiece (or "steamroller" according to Herbalizer's website)?

I recently cleaned my Herbalizer's top screen after noticing a drop in performance (due to the top screen nearly clogging with oily residue) and now she's back to outperforming all of my vapes. It didn't initially occur to me to clean the top screen to improve performance because it appeared deceitfully clean. After every trench I brush the top screen and bowl to rid any ABV particles that could obstruct the vapor path, and I assumed that this would have been enough of a preventative measure to avoid such a significant drop in performance (bags were only filling up half way with wispy vapor). After worrying for a while that the fan was on it's way out or that the Herbalizer wasn't all it's cracked up to be (:lol:) I decided to thoroughly clean everything and voila, good as new.
Here's something close to it. Best I can do, sorry. Haha

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-283#post-948903

Poopman525

Okay so I'm looking for help. I just bought my herbalizer. I open it up and it powers up. However, when I press the vapor therapy or aromatherapy buttons, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong, or is my unit faulty? Thanks everyone!

Poopman525,

YungLeaner

Okay so I'm looking for help. I just bought my herbalizer. I open it up and it powers up. However, when I press the vapor therapy or aromatherapy buttons, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong, or is my unit faulty? Thanks everyone!
Sounds faulty to me. When you open the unit, you should get a message shown. If you press vapor therapy once it should go to a temp readout. I'm so sorry yours showed up defective! Try shutting off, unplugging and turning on a few times because you send in because my herbie gets finicky at times but has been on the whole the hardiest vaporizer I own

Poopman525

Sounds faulty to me. When you open the unit, you should get a message shown. If you press vapor therapy once it should go to a temp readout. I'm so sorry yours showed up defective! Try shutting off, unplugging and turning on a few times because you send in because my herbie gets finicky at times but has been on the whole the hardiest vaporizer I own
Yeah, it works. It did this the very first time I opened it too. Seems to only do it when it's been unplugged for a long time. Other than that it works great. I just think it's odd how it starts up, shows the message, then just goes to the logo and won't do anything else. Then after shutting it off a couple times it works. It works fine after that too unless I leave it unplugged for awhile. I don't really want to send it back if I don't have to but what does everyone think?

Last edited:
Poopman525,
Top Bottom