The Herbalizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
I can't wait dude! Just lemme get some tolerance back before that happens LOL

I do not tolerate low tolerances!!!!
It's kind of boring being the last man standing...LOL!!

I was using Herbie last night at 195 with just enough herb to cover the screen in a single layer.
Two decent hits with very minimal vapor production.
Effect was really good and mellow and suppressed the aches and pains from the day.
Low temp vaping has also been a bonus during my flu, head cold and bronchitis episode!

thegoo

Hello fellow FCers, I have been lurking in this thread for a few weeks now and I can proudly say my Herbie will be delivered in then next few hours!! I am very excited and I look forward to sharing my initial experience with you all later this evening.
Keep Calm and Vape On!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
you're gonna love it, goo!

@nigel -- thanks! I love your OCD! Forty sounds like a good number to have here...20% of all units worldwide. But I need more activity in here! I can't keep double posting in here or all the other mods are gonna make fun of me in the back room!

I wanna know what you guys are doing. I'm playing with different temps, routines and amounts. Still all on one strain, though. But that's good for testing purposes. The high ration of convection going on in this thing has really revealed how much conduction is going on in my other vapes.

I got my bubbler setup going the other night and liked it, but I keep going back to the whip just because it's so damn fast. I'm also getting in the habit of taking the bowl off the unit between hits like a SSV wand...just to avoid the fan blowing out that little bit of vapor. I know it is minimal, but my anal tendencies won't let me do it.

Still getting used to the lower vapor on exhale at temps 390 and under. I'm really looking forward to down the road when my perceptions have changed and I use some of my other vapes. I'll bet I have a whole new perspective and experience with them. I want to get to the point where I can tell the temp by the inhale and exhale, not the dial. That thought never occurred to me before, of course, since I didn't have this technology!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@stickstones I said the same thing a few pages back!!
This thread could go for a few days without any updates at all!
People tend to complain more when there are issues or concerns with a vape.
Herbie has no such issues or concerns and on top of all of that, there really is ZERO learning curve with Herbie.

Eventually we all fall into complacency with Herbie and try to find innoivative ways to vape.
The latest trend is to go through the whole temp range using 5 degree increments.
Herbie still blows me away doing this because i can start low with zero vapor but excellent flavor and then i bump it up another 5 degrees and BAM, here comes the clouds!

As for me, i do not remember when i last used the whip exclusively...
My GonG is always on the end of the whip so attaching to a WT is super fast!
I just have to get more of a glass cleaning routine so i can rotate through the glass i have, always using a nice, clean piece!

Can't wait to let @biohacker have at my Herbie and EVO, it is going to be like an episode of Star Trek! Going where no man has gone before!!! LOL!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@lazylathe -- What's your normal usage pattern with both the EVO and Herbie? Mine would probably be mostly Herbie due to heat up time, but I sure could use a punch to the face like the Cloud does on a regular basis. I miss the strength and taste!

I'm gonna have to the next bowl with my PD stem load.

stickstones,
Reactions: lazylathe

biohacker

@lazylathe - i'm VERY much looking forward to it! Especially after this forced t-break with a broken Nano stem! lol This will truly test out what kind of a veteran I am!

@stickstones - I've been really having a hard time deciding between an EVO and Herbie, and i'm wondering... does the Herbie not deliver the punch to the face to deliver strength and taste? I totally understand that they are different, I just reeeeeally don't wanna have to buy BOTH of them! Reason i'm asking is because I have read reports in here that their Herbie medicates them more than their EVO. But I know all opinions are so subjective.

I'm not good at making decisions, and I thought I had one made......then you messed it all up again! :rant:

:p

Vitolo

Vaporist
I feel that I get as grand a kick (punch) with Herbie as I did with the Cloud.
It is just accomplished differently.
At high temp, and with suction and air assist.. I have completely drained .3 of a gram of life in 2 huge hits.
Others that I encourage to try this, invariably have to sit down.
Some break into a sweat.

I do not even use the Herbie like that at this point. Now that I am over the newness and the extreme power, I just use it at regular temperatures....
But when my wife needs me, and time is short, I use the other technique... and get it all in a hit or two.

biohacker

Thanks Vito... i'm looking forward to what @stickstones has to say about that too.

I've been meaning to read this thread from the start since I am so intrigued by this piece of technology, but something else confuses me a little. I keep hearing about the "fan" and losing some whisps of vapour. Isn't the fan user controllable? I mean if I don't want fan assisted vapour and am not blowing a bag, why does the fan come on? I suppose to maintain a temp or something? If that's the case, i'm kind of anal and would remove the bowl as well. I think it's awesome that it's magnetic and soooo easy to do.

didolgi

Thanks Vito... i'm looking forward to what @stickstones has to say about that too.

I've been meaning to read this thread from the start since I am so intrigued by this piece of technology, but something else confuses me a little. I keep hearing about the "fan" and losing some whisps of vapour. Isn't the fan user controllable? I mean if I don't want fan assisted vapour and am not blowing a bag, why does the fan come on? I suppose to maintain a temp or something? If that's the case, i'm kind of anal and would remove the bowl as well. I think it's awesome that it's magnetic and soooo easy to do.

The fan you hear us talking about is the fan that keeps the temperature stable. Over the course of a whip session without fan assist, the fan will start and stop for a few seconds every few minutes to keep the temperature steady. It never lasts more than 2-3 seconds, but yes if you don't have the whip in your mouth for those few seconds its wasted vapor. That said the fan doesn't run at a high airflow rate, and you do have a visual indicator on the panel its running.

My technique for this is now I either use balloons, or I accept the tiny amount of wasted vapor. I admit its a loss of good medication, but I find my overall flower consumption has gone way down so its more than a fair trade to me.

There is a second fan (or at least it seems that way) that is used to keep the entire unit from overheating and it does wake up on longer sessions but that fan doesn't affect the vapor path.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've been really having a hard time deciding between an EVO and Herbie, and i'm wondering... does the Herbie not deliver the punch to the face to deliver strength and taste? I totally understand that they are different, I just reeeeeally don't wanna have to buy BOTH of them! Reason i'm asking is because I have read reports in here that their Herbie medicates them more than their EVO. But I know all opinions are so subjective.

I'm not good at making decisions, and I thought I had one made......then you messed it all up again! :rant:

:p
It would be hard to go wrong with either of these choices. Personally I consider both offerings to be the current state of the art in vaporizers. They are as different as they are alike and if I had to pare down my vape collection to two units it would be these two. Your personal preferences are your own of course, and there's no substitution for testing them out for yourself. You would have little trouble selling one of them if you decided to get both with the intention ending up with only one.

One of the Herbalizer's fans pulses periodically to maintain precise temperature in the system. It's nothing like running it at full speed by pressing the fan assist button, but it does push small wisps of vapor out. I don't find it much different than other vaporizers where if you leave a loaded bowl on top of a heat source it will cook the herb. In the grand scheme of things it's miniscule -- exhaling a cloud is "wasting" probably 50 times more -- and as you say it's easy to remove the bowl.

biohacker

thanks @didolgi for the reply. I'm not big on bags but I don't think it would be much of an issue to just remove the bowl. If this unit has 3 fans though, it seems like there is alot of technology in there (that could go wrong), but they same to have a pretty incredible warranty so it's not really a concern. Not to mention what @lazylathe said that the thread is quiet, because there are no issues to complain about. Incredible, has any other new vape launched as well as this? Or is it just because the word isn't out, it's an expensive product, and too early to tell?

@vtac -- thanks for your reply....we're living in great times......and thanks to some great folks like @lazylathe it will not be long before I have the privilege of actually trying out both before I pull the trigger, which very much may be both. Like you said, they are both as different as they are the same. Just like my Nano will always serve a niche too.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to posting my feedback soon. Herbalize ON!!! :rockon:

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
@Vitolo Does the L.E. Herbie display the messages that were chosen from the mystery vape message contest?

Last edited:
1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: mvapes

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@biohacker -- pretty much what vtac said. I have been thinking about it and I am going to thin out the herd of vapes I have. But if I had to go with only four, I would want Herbie, EVO, Solo and a Lotus.

You will totally be happy with whichever one you get. Both the Cloud and Herbie are the only two vapes I've ever had that got me to stop acquiring more. And they are VERY different! At this point in my life, heat up time is very important to me, so I give Herbie the slight nod because I will enjoy that feature three to five times a day and it makes me happy. But if you prefer something closer to the ritual of hitting a bong, the Cloud is the shit. And that's just two examples...there is a lot more to both these vapes than that. I am sure you will find some outstanding feature of one of them that will tip the scales for you.

lazylathe

Almost there...

That is what i do.
Take a hit and remove the bowl.
When ready for the next hit the bowl locks on and you are good to go again!
It is a very fluid and easy movement.

Let's set something up soon! Will e mail you later when i get home!

EDIT: Out of all my vapes that i would keep it would be:
1- Herbie
2- E-Nano
3- Solo
4- EVO
I placed the EVO last because i did not receive a unit that was hot enough. Hoping that this will change when it is returned.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@nigel -- thanks! I love your OCD! Forty sounds like a good number to have here...20% of all units worldwide.

Heh... I was worried I was getting a little OT in the thread, talking not about the Herbie, but about the people that own one. :)

But I need more activity in here! I can't keep double posting in here or all the other mods are gonna make fun of me in the back room!

Here's your basic problem:
Day 37: Herbie is still being awsome
Day 38: The awesomeness continues
Day 39: Yup. Still awesome.
Day 40: Used the Herbie today. Awesome as usual.
Day 41...

:rofl:

You get the idea. The Herbie hasn't really shown any problems. (Wait... is "over medication" a "problem"? :) )

And for a device that is so smart, it is almost paradoxically dumb-simple to use. Or, maybe I shouldn't say "paradoxically" as really good design should be transparent to the user.

[I see now @lazylathe made essentially both of these points too.]

because there are no issues to complain about. Incredible, has any other new vape launched as well as this? Or is it just because the word isn't out, it's an expensive product, and too early to tell?

We have 41+ FC'ers on this device. You could not find a more rabid test base. ;) I think not finding issues has nothing to do with the word not being out nor it being too early to tell.

I wanna know what you guys are doing. I'm playing with different temps, routines and amounts. Still all on one strain, though. But that's good for testing purposes.

I too am staying with one strain for testing purposes. :)

My main thing right now is playing with the whip unassisted. Already found the bags are surprisingly nice to work with. The whip with fan assist is great (although, personally, I wish there was a slower fan speed... some people really want a "hit it 'n' quit it" approach, whereas most of the time, I'd rather savor in a "journey is its own reward" way). And I've had a couple of great sessions now unassisted on the whip, but I'm still working on readjusting my intake behavior from my other device.

Also, I was playing with fan assist vs not on the whip, comparing vapor output back and forth. When I was in fan mode, I stopped to watch the vapor output for a while. Normally I'm reluctant to waste so much. But I was intrigued by how much was just steady streaming out of the whip, even at a <350°F IIRC. I thought I'd let it run until it was out, but it just kept going and going before I gave up.

I am amaze.

I mean to revisit this with a measured small amount and a stopwatch just to see how long visible vapor will be produced.

I don't find it much different than other vaporizers where if you leave a loaded bowl on top of a heat source it will cook the herb. In the grand scheme of things it's miniscule -- exhaling a cloud is "wasting" probably 50 times more -- and as you say it's easy to remove the bowl.

Thanks for pointing this out. In other threads, I've seen this loss bemoaned, only to follow up with "huge clouds" comments. :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like to rhyme and so my goal.. (I say a tisket a tasket)
I found that with the Herbie Bowl.. (I do not need a gasket)
14 Milimeters was just fine.. (I set on top real easy)
It fit so nice the hit was mine.. (I don't mean to sound so cheesy)

Thanks for the video mvapes.
I decided to share my glass tool for Herbie.
As you see, the outer rim of the 14MM female (the lip)
sits on Herbies Rubber "cool grip", and makes a nice seal.
Same idea basically... it is "grab and go".. just one piece.
I got the piece some time ago from Aromazap... but I see that they are easily requested from glass blowers.

Last edited:

didolgi

I was thinking of creating a google doc in the form of a card roughly the same size as our built in stash box that would list important compounds and their boiling point. It could be printed and kept under the stash box for a reference. I know there is a listing in the Vaporpedia already, and I use it, but I found a research study that I think is very complete - http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2001-03-04-7.pdf and think I could format the data with a little work.

Any intrested in such a thing?

Mennovh

Whoever has a Herbie and EVO, please PM me if you like to chat :)
A little late to the discussion but i made a thread back when I was trying to decide on which vape i wanted to buy. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/evo-or-herbalizer.12365/

There is some good info in there and I also spoke over PMs with some others. What ultimately made me decide to purchase the herbie is the reviews. The evo thread had a good number of posts where people had to sent theirs back for a number of reasons. I'm not knocking the EVO as i am sure it is a great vape.

I read the entire herbie thread and ran across no technical problems anyone has had with theirs. I will say if you buy the herbie you will be satisfied. I absolutely love mine. Its great for get togethers or solo vaping. The extraction is really something else as well.

I mixed some sativa herb i have with a small pinch of kief last night and the bags just kept filling with vapor. One thing I have noticed is you don't need thick clouds to get to the point you want. You can still get thick clouds with the herbie, but i prefer taking my time with a small pinch.

Hope you find this useful.

Next step for me is to buy a glass bong and make a setup for water filtration.

Edit: While typing this i wasnt paying attention to my bag and i didnt tighten the bowl enough. Theres blown brown bits all over the place right now. So make sure your bowl is tightened. :brow:

Top Bottom