The Herbalizer

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
How so is the bag different from the Volcano? I want to know if it is any better or if you have had experience with an Arizer EQ would you say it is better than the two (including Volcano) or is it just the same?

Sorry man, I don't have any experience with any bag vape other than the Volcano.
I was commenting about how I found it interesting that multiple people in this thread, who've used the Herbie bags and Volcano bags, made the observation that the Herbie bags seem smooth while the Volcano bags seemed harsh to them. Because I also found the Volcano bags too harsh this observation tweaked my interest.

So, I have no idea how the bag is any different. I'd like to find out myself... bring on the international Herbies. :D

lazylathe

Almost there...
You can't know what people find annoying. The fan is a no go for me as well. Noises bother me. This stupid fan on my laptop drives me crazier then I normally am. People breathing to loud bothers me. The fan is about the same as a laptop or computer fan if you want to gage it, maybe even slightly quieter.

We were also asked to nit pick so we did and as stated that is what FC does. We are in search of the perfect vape and will always look for anything to make any vape better.

Everyone has their own individual circumstances to deal with...
I just said for me it was not a big deal.
It was NOT a blanket statement...

If noises bother you then this is not the vape for you.
Apart from that, like i mentioned above, Herbie has not had any other issues and not a single unit returned. For me that was the one amazing thing about this brand new products launch!

ResonantOG

Man, in so many ways, I am glad that I had no real expectations coming into the Herbie.

I don't expect it to be quiet, and the form factor is way more impressive than not, so my vapor-noob ideas are already beyond satisfied. This thing is like a real appliance that works, and I am gathering that other vapes have more of a "bohemian" appeal. Honestly I think this confuses things. All I need it to do is deliver a hit as strong as a dab, and keep me from smoking.

It has blown past those 2 expectations so well, that other vapes and smoking, and now even dabbing seem archaic and silly. The real drawback to the Herbie: I find myself wanting to only medicate with it... and I can't always be by its side!

I really don't care about tie-dyed accessories, and if you saw my long hair, beard, and general appearance you might assume I did. I do love a classic Sabbath album, and I own several bongs... but I am so glad someone finally came along and did away with all the nonsense.

This thing is a stoner machine, with the power and simplicity of your dishwasher or toaster. I turn it on, and it melts my face off and I go on living. I am not required to keep up with a fetishistic series of model specific knick-knacks.

May the fan stay ever loud, and may the hits stay ever so strong... that the fan isn't often heard for the couch-lock provided. So, I guess thats my advice to the hesitant. If you don't like fan noise, then just put some proper weed in the bowl and make the fan time as short as possible.

:rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Man, in so many ways, I am glad that I had no real expectations coming into the Herbie.

I don't expect it to be quiet, and the form factor is way more impressive than not. All I need it to do is deliver a hit as strong as a dab, and keep me from smoking.

It has blown past those 2 expectations so well, that other vapes and smoking, and now even dabbing seem archaic and silly. The real drawback to the Herbie: I find myself wanting to only medicate with it... and I can't always be by its side!

+1 for that statement!!
To maker a formidable team we would need a portable Herbie!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sorry man, I don't have any experience with any bag vape other than the Volcano.
I was commenting about how I found it interesting that multiple people in this thread, who've used the Herbie bags and Volcano bags, made the observation that the Herbie bags seem smooth while the Volcano bags seemed harsh to them. Because I also found the Volcano bags too harsh this observation tweaked my interest.

So, I have no idea how the bag is any different. I'd like to find out myself... bring on the international Herbies. :D

I can't tell if you're joking but it is not the bags that make it harsh, it probably has to do with the materials used and the air path. ;)

green2brown

I can't tell if you're joking but it is not the bags that make it harsh, it probably has to do with the materials used and the air path. ;)

Agreed. Fill one bag using one vape and a second bag using another vape and the bags will differ based on the quality of the vaporizers that filled them. I, too, have found that the Herbalizer's bags are smoother and much more flavorful than the Volcano's bags.

ResonantOG

Ok, just double checked with my wife. Both the family stoner, and the lady of the house agree on zero, zero, zero buyer's remorse.

I cannot emphasize enough, how much this thing is a straight up appliance. We just use it. It works. In fact I can't sit still here! LOL GOTTA GO!!!!

I guess I just feel a burden to share with those yet Un-Herbalized.

green2brown

Has anyone else experienced an increase in lung capacity from the Herbalizer? I decided to power up my EVO and give it a go last night after almost exclusively using the Herbalizer for the past month. Loaded an ELB with .25g and started pulling. I cleared the entire bowl in a single rip with plenty of breath left and didn't even cough once. Before the Herbalizer, that .25g ELB would have maxed out my lungs and caused me to cough a bit. I guess expansion is inevitable, though, when your vaporizer literally pumps the vapor down your throat!

lazylathe

Almost there...
So i was giving Herbie a wash and polish this weekend and she is back to pristine again!
When i was cleaning the whip of all the oil residue i remembered a product for the Vapolution vape.
It is called an Inline Infuser, here is a link:
http://www.vapolution.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=inlineinfuser

Would something like this work with the Herbie?

I have noticed that when i use the fan assist, either with the whip or for bags, a lot more oil seems to collect in the whip. I had some pretty large drops after filling 4 bags from one load.

toros23

The bags also don't make the Dorito bag noise inherent with Volcano and EQ bags that can be annoying.

That is interesting. Having never used a Volcano, the first thing I thought when filling up a bag was how much it sounded like crumbling an empty bag of chips. I guess a Volcano bag must be pretty damn loud.

Do you think the eventual build-up in the bags has a negative affect on the smoothness of the vapor? I was using a bag almost exclusively for a little while and then noticed a little throat irritation and switched back to my hydrotube. Never switched back to bags to confirm but I am guessing a fresh bag will bet smoother than a somewhat used bag?? Sorry if I am stating the obvious here!!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Do you think the eventual build-up in the bags has a negative affect on the smoothness of the vapor? I was using a bag almost exclusively for a little while and then noticed a little throat irritation and switched back to my hydrotube. Never switched back to bags to confirm but I am guessing a fresh bag will bet smoother than a somewhat used bag?? Sorry if I am stating the obvious here!!

It wouldn't make much sense to affect the smoothness but i guess it is possible that some particles cling to the bag walls and then come off as you use it again.

Between bag and water, the water will definitely filter the particles but a used bag should not be much different than a new bag unless you consider the taste that is not as "clean".

grokit

well-worn member
Got a couple of these coming in (18mm gongs) for $12.99 shipped,
$(KGrHqNHJEQFGRnJbcikBRtwLq6BJQ~~60_3.JPG

we'll see if they fit herbie and also maybe the herbalaire I have.

Last edited by a moderator:

toros23

It wouldn't make much sense to affect the smoothness but i guess it is possible that some particles cling to the bag walls and then come off as you use it again.

Between bag and water, the water will definitely filter the particles but a used bag should not be much different than a new bag unless you consider the taste that is not as "clean".

Thanks for the input. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, there was just a general harshness on my throat with the bag after a few days use. I only use two strains now (thanks to Herbie), so I don't think the material is coming into play here. Sometimes I would take longer breaks between pulls, so also wondering if it could have been an issue with stale vapor?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm just formulating hypothesis here since i don't think stale vapor or used bags adress the harshness issue:

Could it be possible that it is due to the fact that some particles fell down the airpath after you used it and turned it off and when you turn it on again, the dust goes into the bag and that is the harshness you feel?

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So i was giving Herbie a wash and polish this weekend and she is back to pristine again!
When i was cleaning the whip of all the oil residue i remembered a product for the Vapolution vape.
It is called an Inline Infuser, here is a link:
http://www.vapolution.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=inlineinfuser

Would something like this work with the Herbie?

I have noticed that when i use the fan assist, either with the whip or for bags, a lot more oil seems to collect in the whip. I had some pretty large drops after filling 4 bags from one load.

Those are very similar to the aquavape. An inline water conditioner that would offer some type of water cooling for those stuck on using a whip. Personally, I've had a few - most are either collecting dust or I gave them away.

They're a bitch cleaning too.

Wait - @Dreamerr - the Herbalizer is too noisy for you? Ain't that calling the kettle black? :lmao:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Has anyone else experienced an increase in lung capacity from the Herbalizer? I decided to power up my EVO and give it a go last night after almost exclusively using the Herbalizer for the past month. Loaded an ELB with .25g and started pulling. I cleared the entire bowl in a single rip with plenty of breath left and didn't even cough once. Before the Herbalizer, that .25g ELB would have maxed out my lungs and caused me to cough a bit. I guess expansion is inevitable, though, when your vaporizer literally pumps the vapor down your throat!

Yes that happened to me as well. It got to the point that other vaporizers that used to work for me started feeling flat and did not pack the punch they used to. The herbalizer does a good job of giving you that intense tingly feeling in the chest after a hit. I think you get used to the feeling and switching back to other vaporizers doesn't give you that punch in the chest like it used to. The same thing happened to me with the VHW after I switched to the VXH cloud.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Those are very similar to the aquavape. An inline water conditioner that would offer some type of water cooling for those stuck on using a whip. Personally, I've had a few - most are either collecting dust or I gave them away.

What i was wanting was something to place just above the bowl to collect the resin so that the whip does not get all gnarly.
I know some people use hemp or cotton to collect any oil in the air path.

I would rather have resin coated oil or hemp than have to clean the inside of the whip.

grokit

well-worn member
I officially love my herbie, and am looking forward to a long and mutually codependent relationship with him. I wouldn't change a thing about herbie either, after all true love is about total acceptance--perceived flaws included. The trick imo is to learn to love those flaws, and turn them into benefits!

:science: New life for an old bubbler:
IPiumb7.jpg

This is my preferred hose setup so far.
It's my favorite vintage ssv bubbler, all cleaned up and re-purposed for herbie.
I just take the glass mouthpiece off the whip (I also enjoy herbie without the bubbler),
and jam the ssv hose extension into the bubbler as designed.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@lazylathe - I wrote a few pages back that I stuff a little hemp fibre into the male end of the bowl before connecting to the joint for the whip.

Getting the size right can prove a bit difficult and draw was slightly restricted but the whip never saw condensation.

Honestly, if you keep a few qtips and iso by your side you can just wipe the joints down after each session.

Has anyone noticed how much resin they're getting on they're glass with Herbie? I'm literally soaking in simple green every night.

I've been playing with Herbie at higher temperatures and he flexes muscle like fucking Commando! I swear the hidden egg is that thing is gamma powered!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just vaped an entire session at 377º. A full session with no fan or temperature changes.
It lasted over 30 minutes. A couple dozen hits.
I would shake my bowl/chamber.. and put it back and each time the thick hits would return.
Yes.. the bowl at 377 does vape really well.
I decided to try a flavor experience.
Since the vapor does so great once it is going, I turned the Herbalizer to 445.
No fan used....
I did one light hit of the meds.....
then immediately lowered the temperature to 377.
The next hits were wonderful.
I shook up the trichomes with that 1st light yet HOT hit, and then they vaped long and well and flavorfully through to the end.
Herbalizer Ramblings~

Top Bottom