The Herbalizer

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I don't really find the video that unrepresentative of sound levels. Maybe in person I would say the fans are a notch lower...still pretty quiet to me, compared to other fan assisted devices I've used.
I don't have a Herbie yet, but do have an opinion on fan noise: comparisons notwithstanding, the Herbie is a high-end device that's speaks quality all over in performance and design. That said, a noise & vibration free fan would be in absolute keeping with that philosophy - the noise that some may find attention-getting if not a bit distracting seems a slight blemish on an otherwise perfect face, IMO. A new fan set-up with perhaps a few other design tweaks could transform the Herbie to an ultra high-end vape. When profits accumulate sufficiently, such tweaks in V.2 should be supported without raising the retail price I would hope. :2c::peace:

Ralph

I think the fan noise is really a non- factor, especially in person. The video above really amplifies the noise and in reality it's quiet. I think people are really nit-picking this device, especially those that don't have it. Every product in the world can be improved upon after the fact but this thing is truly as perfect as you can get. It's super fast, accurate, efficient, beautiful, reliable, and does exactly as advertised. It can be used several ways. You can produce huge clouds like the EVO if your a cloud chaser or vape at lower temps for just vapor and flavor. I really like to use this between 350 and 390 and don't see the need to go any higher, but that's just me. My friend came by last night with his EVO and we put both to the test and needless to say he ordered a herbie this a.m. My main vape was the cloud before this and the solo and I can honestly say that there is no comparison!!!!!!! The herbie is state of the art and very precise. I can't believe how just a slight raise in temps can change the whole session. Just my .2 cents.

lazylathe

Almost there...
The fan for me is fine, no issues with the noise level.
I can use it in the basement and no one knows it is on.
I think it is very relevant to what type of situation you are in.

On another note:
I tried the bags last night!!!
Never been a fan of them, tried the Volcano and did not even try a bag on my HerbalAire.
The Herbie bags are awesome!!!!
190 and the bag was thick and milky and not harsh at all!!
3 bags at 190 and all full of flavour, 2 more at the top temp and still not bad!

I think i did about 6 bags and i was overly medicated!
Had a great Saturday night watching tv and playing Wii with the wife and friends!!

Thanks Herbie!!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I think the fan noise is really a non- factor, especially in person. The video above really amplifies the noise and in reality it's quiet. I think people are really nit-picking this device, especially those that don't have it.
Your opinion is appreciated, thank you:nod:. Others have expressed their opinions concerning fan noise; those who have a unit, and those who don't (but are seriously considering one like myself). "nit-picking", admittedly yes - particularly when there's a perceived 'nit' to pick. While it is a non-issue for you and perhaps most others, and not likely to be a deal-breaker for me, it has proven to be note worthy for some nonetheless. As one becomes more familiar with the propensity of FC members to pick things apart, analyze, and suggest improvements for the betterment of the industry and it's discriminating consumers, one should become less inclined to discount our opinions and more inclined to respectfully regard their merits. :2c::peace:

Last edited:

green2brown

When I first received my Herbalizer I expected a quiet fan. This it was not. But like the noises produced by most vapes, I found I became significantly less aware of its volume after a bit of use. It is definitely quieter than the Volcano, but by no standard is it close to silent. In all honesty, you may find it annoying or bothersome at first, but I truly feel everyone will adjust to it quickly, similar to how a lot of OG VXC owners grew fond of the ticking Clouds. The fan is quiet enough not to disturb anyone outside of the room you're vaping in, though. I tested it by turning it on and leaving my bedroom. About 10ft away from Herbie with a door separating us, I heard nothing. When I previously did the same test with the Volcano, I could still hear the fan blowing.

Tweek

I think the fan noise is really a non- factor, especially in person. The video above really amplifies the noise and in reality it's quiet. I think people are really nit-picking this device, especially those that don't have it. Every product in the world can be improved upon after the fact but this thing is truly as perfect as you can get. It's super fast, accurate, efficient, beautiful, reliable, and does exactly as advertised. It can be used several ways. You can produce huge clouds like the EVO if your a cloud chaser or vape at lower temps for just vapor and flavor. I really like to use this between 350 and 390 and don't see the need to go any higher, but that's just me. My friend came by last night with his EVO and we put both to the test and needless to say he ordered a herbie this a.m. My main vape was the cloud before this and the solo and I can honestly say that there is no comparison!!!!!!! The herbie is state of the art and very precise. I can't believe how just a slight raise in temps can change the whole session. Just my .2 cents.

I own one, and am just stating the facts. The fan is not silent, and that may bother some people. Have to offer a variety of opinions, if we are going to help people decide if it's the correct unit for them.

Other than that, it's a great unit.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
A silent Fan and I would be saving up for a herbalizer. The sound or the fan does make this a no go for me at least for now.
It does look like an amazing step up in design and I don't see any other drawbacks for me except maybe the display lights always being on since for me silent and dark are necessary at night due to nosey neighbors and kids. No privacy Blows.

lazylathe

Almost there...
So far the only complaint about Herbie has been a slightly louder than expected fan.
Not ONE of the units out there has been returned for any type of defect to my knowledge.

When i first received Herbie, the fan was surprisingly loud.
This is because all the vapes i have do not have fans in them, except the Vapir 5.0 which we will not talk about…
So coming from a silent vape station to a fan was quite a change.

It annoyed me because i had read how annoying some people found it to be.
After the first few minutes with Herbie i came to the realization that in order for this amazing vape to perform the way it does, the fan is a requirement.
I noticed it in the first few sessions but now it does not even receive a passing thought.

If i feel like that power hit, i connect the Pinnacle WT and hit the fan. Do i hear the fan? No i am too busy having a ton of fun with a bubbling, smoking glass tube trying to keep up with the amount of vapour!
Does it bother me when i comes on during a hit?
Sometimes, especially if it is right at the end of the hit and i don't want to waste any vapour. Is it enough to call it a complaint or nit picking? Not for me because i have learnt how to inhale and not make the fan come on too often during regular use.

Never had a disappointing session with Herbie yet!!

toros23

A silent Fan and I would be saving up for a herbalizer. The sound or the fan does make this a no go for me at least for now.

Fan-assist is an option. You only *need* it for bags. Having said that, the fan can improve the delivery in some cases. If you are not considering because of the fan, I think you should reconsider or try to find someone local who has a Herbie so you can try it out.

I find myself using the fan with the whip more often than not. I feel it leads to a better hit and also lets you cash a bowl more quickly.

Things I would improve in the Herbalizer for version 2.0: adjustable fan speeds, custom glass mouthpieces/hydratubes that mate with the bowl lid... Uh, that's about it. Like I said before, this thing is a beast!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You can't know what people find annoying. The fan is a no go for me as well. Noises bother me. This stupid fan on my laptop drives me crazier then I normally am. People breathing to loud bothers me. The fan is about the same as a laptop or computer fan if you want to gage it, maybe even slightly quieter.

We were also asked to nit pick so we did and as stated that is what FC does. We are in search of the perfect vape and will always look for anything to make any vape better.

Vitolo

Vaporist
.... a noise & vibration free fan would be in absolute keeping with that philosophy.....
Just do not use the fan... consider it a bonus feature that you do not have to use. Were it never mentioned... and then spoken of later as a surprise feature, then it would have never been considered!
I find myself using the fan with the whip more often than not....
I was surprised... but I do too.
I thought I would follow my own advice and just forget the fan, and would consider it an added extra that I did not have to use. To my surprise, I use it often!

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
I'm a former Vriptech w/Steinel user and Volcano user so, from what I can hear on the video, the fan would be of no worries to me.

I am becoming more and more intrigued by the Herbie.
It's @Darb's video that most tickled my fancy so far because it's how I personally would be using Herbie (mostly).

It's also interesting to hear how positive everyone's experiences with the bags have been.
The Volcano really soured me on the idea of bags. I just found them harsh and they made me cough MORE than combusting did. But Herbie's bags seem to be much different.

Curiousity grows.

Forgive me if this is old info, any word on when the international units are due?

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Just do not use the fan... consider it a bonus feature that you do not have to use. Were it never mentioned... and then spoken of later as a surprise feature, then it would have never been considered!
Actually, I would probably like to use the fans, as you also discovered you like to use often. I cannot consider the fans a bonus feature for the simple fact that they're not. The fans serve several crucial and desirable functions that I would choose to benefit from: internal cooling, room aromatizing, and bag and air-vape assist. Therefore, sticking my head in the sand after knowing all this is just not an option. I believe an affordable technology exists that would take fan noise out of the discussion.

"I was surprised... but I do too.
I thought I would follow my own advice and just forget the fan, and would consider it an added extra that I did not have to use. To my surprise, I use it often!"
Thank you for making my point above! You could no more forget the fan than I could;)

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thank you for making my point above! You could no more forget the fan than I could;)
You have TOTALLY misrepresented what I said, and manipulated it.
I said I thought I would ignore the fan.. and NOT USE it... but instead I like using it, and found it unobtrusive.
The fan is easy to ignore.
The aromatherapy fan is a separate fan with two speeds and a different mild sound.
If you want the feature of the fan for other purposes like the bags, then the sound is quieter than any other fan assisted vape out there.
You have twisted my words.

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
You have TOTALLY misrepresented what I said, and manipulated it.
I said I thought I would ignore the fan.. and NOT USE it... but instead I like using it, and found it unobtrusive.
The fan is easy to ignore.
The aromatherapy fan is a separate fan with two speeds and a different mild sound.
If you want the feature of the fan for other purposes like the bags, then the sound is quieter than any other fan assisted vape out there.
You have twisted my words.
Vitolo - That was not my intention at all. I did not seek to twist your words nor gain any advantage whatsoever. I have always regarded you highly and never fathomed that my post should in any way dishonor you. I thought I was merely giving an honest and direct reply to the points made in your post as I genuinely interpreted them to be, nothing personal or twisted was ever intentioned in a disrespectful way. It seems I not only misunderstood, but was too direct and should have considered my words differently, and for that oversight I am sorry. Again my sincerest apologies. Snappo

Last edited:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Snappo, unless you are really annoyed by sound like I am it might be ok for you. I know the cloud clicks and I never see people say it but I would hate it. The power assist is a nice feature although it was to much for my small lungs. That is why so many said variable speed. The power assist fan didn't bother me as it was used for a moment to assist and then I turned it off. The one that would bother me is necessary and that is the cooling fan. It would scare me every time it came on and off. Just like the solo beep scares me. If I a laptop fan doesn't bother you then neither will herbie.

FFS Vito, you are honorary lately please vape more........herbilize and after that herbilize some more:smug:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
I'm a former Vriptech w/Steinel user and Volcano user so, from what I can hear on the video, the fan would be of no worries to me.

I am becoming more and more intrigued by the Herbie.
It's @Darb's video that most tickled my fancy so far because it's how I personally would be using Herbie (mostly).

It's also interesting to hear how positive everyone's experiences with the bags have been.
The Volcano really soured me on the idea of bags. I just found them harsh and they made me cough MORE than combusting did. But Herbie's bags seem to be much different.

Curiousity grows.

Forgive me if this is old info, any word on when the international units are due?

How so is the bag different from the Volcano? I want to know if it is any better or if you have had experience with an Arizer EQ would you say it is better than the two (including Volcano) or is it just the same?

Tweek

How so is the bag different from the Volcano? I want to know if it is any better or if you have had experience with an Arizer EQ would you say it is better than the two (including Volcano) or is it just the same?

I own a Volcano, and aside from being quieter, I find the bag experience to be fairly similar.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

The valve is superior to the Volcano valve IMO as it's a simple "squeeze" valve that is simple and intuitive (obviously the EQ bag has no valve, so nothing to compare to there). The bags also don't make the Dorito bag noise inherent with Volcano and EQ bags that can be annoying.

:peace:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Well I guess after a month I will check back with all of you Herbalizer adopters again on the status of the bags. Crinkling noise from the volcano really annoys me to a certain extent that I had to admit that the Arizer EQ had a better bag than the volcano bags. I hope it is not that case for those who own an herbie right now but we will have to see after frequent prior use.

CG420,
Reactions: Vitolo

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Well I guess after a month I will check back with all of you Herbalizer adopters again on the status of the bags. Crinkling noise from the volcano really annoys me to a certain extent that I had to admit that the Arizer EQ had a better bag than the volcano bags. I hope it is not that case for those who own an herbie right now but we will have to see after frequent prior use.
I used reynolds turkey bags with the volcano. The noise wasn't that bad at all.

NinjaMindTriks,
Top Bottom