The Herbalizer

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Custom made I take it? I like the idea of direct draw off a herbalizer.
It is custom made. It works great! Worth a try if you feel like splurging on that setup. The flexicones work wonders as well. No more top screen gunking up.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Madcap79

Thanks for the video!!
That custom piece looks sweet!!

It made me dust of Herbie, load a small basket and flexicone, dust off the HydraTube and fire her up to 229C!
Amazing hits!!
Super tasty and super cloudy!!
Had me choking on a few of them.
When treated right and fed high quality herb, Herbie shines!!
This Pink Kush i have is out of this world!

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
@Madcap79 that direct draw MP design with the cooling chambers is F-in genius.

I'm a flavor chaser, and I must have! I'll get at JoDa.

Was that your idea or JoDa's?

SlinginPaint,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I just told him I wanted a direct draw mouthpiece and the length and told him to do his thing, if I remember correctly. Sometimes you just gotta let an artist do his work! Haha. Maybe @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd can answer wether or not it was by design or a happy accident. :rockon:

ReifierReefer

Does the basket screen size affect preformance when using the flexicone mod? I'm planning to order a set and want to know why I would choose one screen size over the other. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that the larger of the basket screens had some sort of clearance issue with the bottom of the herbie bowl?

On miniVAP's website I see only medium and small basket screens available, each has a height of 0.5" and 0.25" respectively. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: What is the dhgate hydratube of choice for use with the Herbalizer? I am only aware of the sss circ recycler, steven's circ tube, and the PNWT.

Last edited:
ReifierReefer,

virtualpurple

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know that minivap sold their modules in different sizes. I got mine as part of a split order with someone from @stickstones, not sure what size it is.

@DrNick420 i highly suggest picking up @Ratchett's adapter for the herbalizer, even if you plan on just running with stock whip.

Some of us have found that over time the Herbalizer bowl can come apart easier than perhaps it should, and can lead to wasted vapor. Plus the stock connector from the whip to herb chamber doesn't always stay secure and can pop off pretty easily, which can make the device kind of frustrating.

The Herbalizer adapter solves those problems. It's longer sleeve hugs well to the bowls keeps vapor from escaping. And when the whip tubing is inserted it stays put until you decide it's time for removal.

One other neat feature is that the adapter is also the perfect diameter to slip an Herbie bag on top of if bags are your thing.

The adapter is pretty inexpensive, and I think mine is invaluable when I consider how much it has reduced my gripes with the unit.

I have loosely talked with Ratchett about some other alterations that I think have potential, but I don't think that's something we'll see for some time.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Recently I've been chilling my bubbler bottle filled with glass beads in my freezer. I leave the setup dry for better taste and icy cool hits. It's not as good as ice but there's also no issues with melting ice and water. Anyways! I find that dry vapour cooling is a much tastier way than water.

All praise the Herbie for it's wonderful vapour.

@Madcap79

Thanks for the video!!
That custom piece looks sweet!!

It made me dust of Herbie, load a small basket and flexicone, dust off the HydraTube and fire her up to 229C!
Amazing hits!!
Super tasty and super cloudy!!
Had me choking on a few of them.
When treated right and fed high quality herb, Herbie shines!!
This Pink Kush i have is out of this world!
I just finished an ounce of Pink Kush myself. I think it had to be one of the prettier strains I've seen in a while. Really big trichome heads on the stuff I had. I enjoyed the hybrid feel of the strain but it's too indica for me to absolutely love it. The XJ-13 I got yesterday is on the other end of the hybrid spectrum. Exactly what I needed for day time meds.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Does the basket screen size affect preformance when using the flexicone mod? I'm planning to order a set and want to know why I would choose one screen size over the other. I believe I read somewhere in this thread that the larger of the basket screens had some sort of clearance issue with the bottom of the herbie bowl?

On miniVAP's website I see only medium and small basket screens available, each has a height of 0.5" and 0.25" respectively. Thanks in advance!

miniVAP has changed their "stock" baskets over time.
My units have different depth basket, 1/2" and 3/8" and really tiny one I can't find right now.
The Herbie has no clearance issues with the 1/2" or 3/8". EDIT- or with the Arizer EQ baskets as they work and cost much less, snapped into miniVAP Flexicone

@ReifierReefer , you may be remembering clearance issues from the Mighty thread. I'm working on adapters for use in the Mighty and there are clearance issues there . Both the 1/2" and 3/8" miniVAP baskets bottom out before the Flexicone mates with the rim of the Mighty bowl.

Last edited:

ReifierReefer

By chance do the basket screens from @DDave's SSV/DBV/LSV kit fit the flexicones? DDave's screens measure 0.625" in diameter and roughly 0.3" in height.

ReifierReefer,

virtualpurple

I can relate. I will also say that I did not fully appreciate bags until just recently after changing over to the Volcano Solid Valve setup with the Herbalizer. I was lucky enough to buy the Solid Valve setup at a hefty discount but now after using it a few times I much prefer the solid valve setup and think I would purchase it at full price for the improved experience.

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I love this thing...Produces great vapor...super tasty but when I have it set at its highest temp and generally by the time I hit the balloon on the 3rd or 4th time, I cough like a mofo. Probably useful to say that i NEVER cough either....with anything...my tolerance is quite high and can handle quite the lungs full. For some reason though this thing makes me cough. Any suggestions?

Vapenado,

YungLeaner

I love this thing...Produces great vapor...super tasty but when I have it set at its highest temp and generally by the time I hit the balloon on the 3rd or 4th time, I cough like a mofo. Probably useful to say that i NEVER cough either....with anything...my tolerance is quite high and can handle quite the lungs full. For some reason though this thing makes me cough. Any suggestions?
Bags make me cough a lot as well as the vapor quickly becomes stale and on the 3rd or 4th bag there's less goodness left in the bud. I woluld suggest connecting to a water pipe.

YungLeaner,
Reactions: Vapenado

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

High temps always make me cough from the bags. I use water/ice to cool my vapour when I'm at high temps. The irritation tends to build as the vapour gets harsher. I like to stop just as my ABV is turning from yellow to brown.

Winegums,
Reactions: Vapenado

YungLeaner

Hey, guys, I know this has been discussed but I wanted to say that I normally just do an ISO wash on my screens with the rest of the bowl, which I clean quite often (every 2 days or so). But tonight I made an extra effort and torched the shit out of both screens, followed by an ISO wash. Turned the Herbalizer from a 9 back to a 10 in just a few seconds!

I mean, holy shit. I still have VAS because I'm a serial consumer of all things I love. But my VAS is tamed in the sense that I don't think I will ever like a vaporizer as much as the Herbalizer. I could go through the list: flavorful, even with the silicon whip, and with Hydratube and Song V2.0 it's the most pure flavor I've ever experienced from vaping, huge bong hits at high temps and sipper style low temps also more accurate than pretty much any other vape in the world! Also incredibly durable, mine's taken drops and a ton of water in all the wrong places and is still fucking killing it.

Do any of you guys like any vape more than this? I guess the Cloud Evo comes close, but that massive thick cloud style of it I appreciate slightly less than the slightly thinner, slightly purer convection Herbalizer rips, I think. And I like the whip ease of use while the Evo is really a 1-3 hitter.

Also, I fucking LOVE the herbalizer with concentrates!

I'm a bundle of love

virtualpurple

Hey, guys, I know this has been discussed but I wanted to say that I normally just do an ISO wash on my screens with the rest of the bowl, which I clean quite often (every 2 days or so). But tonight I made an extra effort and torched the shit out of both screens, followed by an ISO wash. Turned the Herbalizer from a 9 back to a 10 in just a few seconds!

I mean, holy shit. I still have VAS because I'm a serial consumer of all things I love. But my VAS is tamed in the sense that I don't think I will ever like a vaporizer as much as the Herbalizer. I could go through the list: flavorful, even with the silicon whip, and with Hydratube and Song V2.0 it's the most pure flavor I've ever experienced from vaping, huge bong hits at high temps and sipper style low temps also more accurate than pretty much any other vape in the world! Also incredibly durable, mine's taken drops and a ton of water in all the wrong places and is still fucking killing it.

Do any of you guys like any vape more than this? I guess the Cloud Evo comes close, but that massive thick cloud style of it I appreciate slightly less than the slightly thinner, slightly purer convection Herbalizer rips, I think. And I like the whip ease of use while the Evo is really a 1-3 hitter.

Also, I fucking LOVE the herbalizer with concentrates!

I'm a bundle of love

I go through phases with Herbie. It's biggest competition right now is the Evo, Apollo, and Underdog.

I'm honeymooning with my Apollo so the Herbie has been seeing a bit less use.

Anyone ever blow concentrate balloons with Herbie? I only have a small amount of concentrates that I have mostly been using with my EVO. I'm wondering if it'd make my bags super funky or if it'd be a nice treat.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: lazylathe

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I go through phases with Herbie. It's biggest competition right now is the Evo, Apollo, and Underdog.

I'm honeymooning with my Apollo so the Herbie has been seeing a bit less use.

Anyone ever blow concentrate balloons with Herbie? I only have a small amount of concentrates that I have mostly been using with my EVO. I'm wondering if it'd make my bags super funky or if it'd be a nice treat.

Concentrates can gunk your bags very quickly. Flower seems to be far slower in comparison. However for the once and a while, I find that balloons at 445°F are the best. The more heat you can dump into that concentrate the better.

I highly recommend getting a solid valve system for your herbie if you do not want to Pay through the nose for the stock bags. I find the Volcano hardware to be miles above what Herablizer supplied

MinnBobber

@YungLeaner ,
I've used a lot of vapes and for me (my wants/needs/vape priorities) the Herbie is definitely top shelf. For me it's riding that #2 spot. For me, #1 goes to........miniVAP. It's been my king for a long time for taste, efficiency, ease of use, never needs cleaning, it's a desktop AND a portable !! mVAP negs are cost and 7 minutes to warm up. For me EVO is maybe # 6 but great piece too

FYI, Herbie and cleaning: I love my Herbie but have modded it to accept my favorite miniVAP plus---the god-like miniVAP Flexicone Basket Modules !!! See pic below. I use open face in the bottom Herbie chamber. Never have to clean Herbie bowls or screens. Modded Flexi to accept hemp fiber filter so glass stays 10X cleaner. Hydratube site directly on FLexicone

Flex%20fiber%20%20mod_1.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just want to say that my Herbie has not been dethroned by my Mighty at all. For higher temp vaping the Herbie is king of the hill. Instead I find that the Mighty provides even better flavour than the Herbie if kept around 365 *F. This way the flavour depletes at a slightly slower rate than the cannabinoids and I end up with tasty hits for the entire session. The Herbie tends to kill the flavour a bit quicker while there's still more cannabinoids left in the material.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Volcano SV is serving me very well and I've found the length of bag that is perfect. I slightly modified my adapter so that the plastic ring would not slide up on the SV stem. Other than when increasing the bag size one time I haven't cleaned the SV and it continues to work perfectly. When the bag I currently have on it starts to stick I'll clean the system. So far I am impressed with the quality of S&B products, everything just works. I'm sorry Herbalizer but you don't have the edge here, ( I wouldn't expect it as the original engineer and inventor was forced to leave).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those that don't know, they should read this thread and understand how The Herbalizer has gotten to where it is today. Also why you haven't heard of any future products from the company, or any innovations to the original design.

Winegums,

MinnBobber

The Volcano SV is serving me very well
..........................................................................................................
@Winegums Can you clarify what you use as I don't see how this opens the Solid Valve valve. It looks like Solid Valve would not open with this combo. It looks like Herbie full chamber + Herbie green balloon valve (fits Herbie nipple fine??) + Volcano Solid Valve balloon holder/mouthpiece.
dmcxza.jpg

Thanks

Have you tried the full Solid Valve option, with no herbie top/bottom chamber, no herbie green valve?
The Volcano SV chamber sits onto the Herbie but not sure if it would work properly. With a proper sized silicone washer to help mate the SV to the Herbie, the whole SV system might work

MinnBobber,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
..........................................................................................................
@Winegums Can you clarify what you use as I don't see how this opens the Solid Valve valve. It looks like Solid Valve would not open with this combo. It looks like Herbie full chamber + Herbie green balloon valve (fits Herbie nipple fine??) + Volcano Solid Valve balloon holder/mouthpiece.
dmcxza.jpg

Thanks

Have you tried the full Solid Valve option, with no herbie top/bottom chamber, no herbie green valve?
The Volcano SV chamber sits onto the Herbie but not sure if it would work properly. With a proper sized silicone washer to help mate the SV to the Herbie, the whole SV system might work

I can understand the confusion, I hope the pic explains things. I ended up using four of those plastic rings from the stock Herbie bags, (yes, I saved all the valves). Two are in the bottom to prevent the upper two rings and SV stem from pushing down into the valve body. I cut the flange/flare off one of the rings so that the lower ring can't slide up the stem preventing the valve from opening like you guessed. The ring Outer Diameter is smaller than the OD of the SV stem so they can slide into the plastic housing with no issue. The clip holds the valve open by hooking onto the existing clip system.

I realize this setup is a bit more DIY than most would attempt but it's in my nature to tinker before I reach for my wallet.

2wptl3b.jpg

Winegums,
Reactions: Madcap79

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Anyone else wonder if the company that bought out Herbalizer will release an updated model? Seems like they haven't done anything but maintain production of the original design.

I spent 420 with my herbie and it got me thinking as to what I would do when mine no longer works. Would I replace it? Will there be a new model?

Something tells me that the Herbie has hit a dead end.

Top Bottom