The Herbalizer

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
What I mean is, when I use something like my crafty for instance @ 385 the AVB has almost coffee color maybe a tinge darker. For me to achieve that same result with the Herbie it seems like I have to use the entire temperature range. If I vape @ 385 on the Herbie for a bunch of hits the AVB won't be that dark at all and still looks vapable. If I stay at that number the vapor production thins out, so I began going further and further out in the range. Seems like in order to keep extracting from your material you need to keep increasing the temps...and in order to get just about everything out of it you need to go to the end of that spectrum. What amazes me though is even at these temps the hit is still very tolerable and doesn't really seem like it's that high in all actuality. I wouldn't dare bring my Crafty/Mighty up that high lol!

All I'm getting at is in order to fully vape your material you need to really turn the temps up on the Herbalizer. Even 410 to me is high. I'm used to doing 385 as my set temp on my Cano, and Crafty/Mighty and not having to go any higher than that. I thought once you pass the 385 threshold you start losing the benefits of vaping? Just kinda baffled as to why I need to go over 400 degree to fully vape my stuff with the Herbie, but the Crafty doesn't need to go over 380 really.
Ahh I understand.

The ABV from the Herbie is much lighter compared to a lot of other vapes for the given temperature. It's still extracting everything from that given temperature band but it's not getting it as dark. You do not need to get it above 385 to be extracting most if not all the THC. Though some like me will chase the high temps for the CBC, quicker extraction times and a fuller experience of the strain.

The Herbie is excellent at high temps and I'm usually using mine at 390 and above. Yes, you do need to hit the high temps to really get everything out, in terms of getting all the cannabinoids out. You're just going to get a more sleepy high that feels more like it does when you smoke.

Winegums,

Smelly Dog

What model water tool is this? It's lovely.

The bubbler is the D020-D from DHgate, I used the vendor SunshineStore.
The 18mm fitting is from OregonGlassblower, the whip is from a Da Buddha/Silver surfer vape.
This setup finally made me put away my Enano, the Herbie through a water tool is such a great experience.

Smelly Dog,

Tex

Hey anyone else have to max this puppy out for full extracted AVB? I usually vape at lower temps but I can't seem to get the bud to vape completely. Lately I've been vaping at 445 with the fan assist. Super powerful hits, but I've read vaping at these temps isn't really that great for you. Anyone else have this experience? I'm curious to know what the bud temps are within the bowl itself...maybe they're not getting heated up as much as we think? Just seems weird to me.

I rarely go above 420 and always have dark brown fully vaped material. Vaping top shelf organic homegrown bud and using a Vapexhale Hydrabomb. Always a knockout.

virtualpurple

I just received a solid valve kit for the Volcano and find the bag experience so much more pleasurable now! I am experimenting between using the Volcano herb chamber on top of the yellow O-ring and the Herbalizer herb chamber with the @Ratchett 2.0 adapter with the solid valve (sans mouthpiece) pushed onto the 2.0 adapter. Not sure which I prefer yet but I am finding the bag experience far superior with no vapor leakage!

virtualpurple

If you get a chance, pics please :)

I am sure I can accommodate that. Look for some pics tomorrow. Either method results in a superior bag experience I think. One can also pair the Solid Valve herb chamber with @Ratchett's 2.0 adapter and pair it with a hydratube for on demand hits, similar to your mod with the minivap.

On top of this guys, I am still trying to find time to devote to my Appollo. I am like a pig in shit right now.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I just worked on my DIY adapter and made it a wire clip, now I don't have to hold the bag down when it fills.

I used a coat hanger and some pliers. Holds the solid valve nicely, no leaks, easy removal.

Life is good.

fadd1s.jpg

71n236.jpg

dmcxza.jpg

DrNick420

I am strongly considering getting a used herbalizer.

Has anyone had experience getting out of warranty units repaired? I'm curious if they will. I don't care if they charge a fee (unless it's almost as much as a new one!)

Lastly I am hoping to use this with a dab rig with a 14mm joint and I am curious if anyone here uses it thru a rig or bong instead of the whip.

Thanks everyone.

DrNick420,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
They will repair for a fee. I bought mine used. No issues yet. I have quite a rotation though so it doesn't get heavy daily use.

Madcap79,
Reactions: DrNick420

AMiA

Hi again folks..AMiA wishing a godmorning to everyone from Thailand.

I was wondering if we have any Forum members here that have used the Herbie for a longer period of time WHITH A STEPDOWN CONVERTER?
The only issues i see comming from using above converter is the MOTOR on the fan..50/60 Hertz would either make the fan to fail OR go with diffrent speed(s).Would YOU consider the Herbie beeing a sensitive electric piece of Vaporizer?

Thanks for reading...//AMiA

AMiA,

DrNick420

I was wondering if we have any Forum members here that have used the Herbie for a longer period of time WHITH A STEPDOWN CONVERTER?
The only issues i see comming from using above converter is the MOTOR on the fan..50/60 Hertz would either make the fan to fail OR go with diffrent speed(s).Would YOU consider the Herbie beeing a sensitive electric piece of Vaporizer?

Sounds to me like the fan motor is perhaps AC powered? No idea how the Herbalizer is on the inside, I don't think a step down would cause any damage, unless it was a bad quality one putting extra sress on the unit maybe.

Not uncommon to find a fan that runs on either 50 or 60hz AC power though so if one or the other works, keep it on that one.

DrNick420,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Just a guess but I don't think the Hz only pertains to the function of the fan. I could be completely wrong though. :peace::2c:

MinnBobber

Just a guess but I don't think the Hz only pertains to the function of the fan. I could be completely wrong though. :peace::2c:
X2
I cannot find the actual posts from quite some time ago but Herbalizer was quite adamant that the Hz issue makes it unreliable on non-US power grids.
Some tried and failed but I remember at least one member saying they used a step down and it worked for them.
So, it would be a potentially expensive experiment....????

@DrNick420,
I never use thru the whip. Herbie works great thru a Hydratube or a bubbler!!!
Pictured below with a silicone adapter from @Ratchett and his Delta3D Studios.
Pictured with MFLB Water Whip. Hydratube slips onto adapter too.

Herbie%20MFLB%20Ion.jpg

DrNick420

Sounds to me like the fan motor is perhaps AC powered? No idea how the Herbalizer is on the inside, I don't think a step down would cause any damage, unless it was a bad quality one putting extra sress on the unit maybe.

Not uncommon to find a fan that runs on either 50 or 60hz AC power though so if one or the other works, keep it on that one.

You said exactly what I was trying to say but you said it much better. I have been blazing for a long time and I still can't form a coherent sentence after a dab or a fat vape bowl. so thanks For picking up my slack!

@MinnBobber Is the 3d printed adapter necessary? I prefer to stick with stock parts.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber Is the 3d printed adapter necessary? I prefer to stick with stock parts.
So you'd like to use the stock Herbie whip to connect to a bubbler??
I have not done that but you'd only need to rig up the proper "glass joint". My glass all takes either a 14 or 18 mm male joint----for the bubbler or hydratube 18 or 14 mm female joint.
That should be easy

MinnBobber,

DrNick420

So you'd like to use the stock Herbie whip to connect to a bubbler??
I have not done that but you'd only need to rig up the proper "glass joint". My glass all takes either a 14 or 18 mm male joint----for the bubbler or hydratube 18 or 14 mm female joint.
That should be easy

I have similar parts I bouht with my Da Buddha. They just fit on the stock Herbie whip?

If so that is good news I think.

DrNick420,

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I have similar parts I bouht with my Da Buddha. They just fit on the stock Herbie whip?

If so that is good news I think.
I actually use the 7th floor tubing and glass adapters with my Herbie. I like the increased airflow.

c76man,
Reactions: mixchu69

YungLeaner

I use 7th floor tubing but an EQ elbow for my adapter piece. I like unrestricted airflow at the bowl piece on Herbie but a little restriction going into the bubbler b/c Herbie milks best with a can that vapor can pool up in...part of why I rarely use my Hydratube is that the no-restriction airflows don't milk with my Herbalizer vs a bubbler

Edit: I was reminded yesterday of how strong wax on a liquid pad is in the Herbalizer. It's not like a dab exactly, but you get TONS of wax vapor clouds and it is not an option on days where productivity is a priority

Vapodudule

Yes i am using it for long time with a converter, works fine.

I would class it as a fragile electronic device. better have a clean and stable current i think.

DrNick420

I actually use the 7th floor tubing and glass adapters with my Herbie. I like the increased airflow.
I have 7th Floor Tubing (Da Buddha Vape) several pieces but they all retain flavor/taste/smell to some degree even after cleaning. Maybe I just should have cleaned them more often (I never did honestly) and they would be fine but I was thinking I wouldn't use those whips since they smell/taste gross. I do have a 14mm and 18mm whip to glass adapter from 7th floor that fit my rigs. Maybe I will just order some new whips. But if it fits the herbalizer stock whip then it shouldn't be an issue.

DrNick420,

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I have 7th Floor Tubing (Da Buddha Vape) several pieces but they all retain flavor/taste/smell to some degree even after cleaning. Maybe I just should have cleaned them more often (I never did honestly) and they would be fine but I was thinking I wouldn't use those whips since they smell/taste gross. I do have a 14mm and 18mm whip to glass adapter from 7th floor that fit my rigs. Maybe I will just order some new whips. But if it fits the herbalizer stock whip then it shouldn't be an issue.
If you're looking for a cheaper option, Amazon has a selection of medical grade silicon tubing. The Whip thread under vapor related equipment has information about the various sizes of different tubing. It's a lot easier to stomach replacing your tubing at Amazon prices versus many of the vape manufacturers.

c76man,
Top Bottom